Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 03:14 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
The Night Is My Day
Lycana Offline
The Dark Vixen of Violence

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

10-20-2021, 08:41 PM

Time stood still in the ancient village where Lycana and Betsy Granger found themselves presently. If it weren’t for the fact that Excellence confirmed they were still in 2021, it would be easy for them to believe they had indeed traveled backwards through time. The Carpathian Mountains loomed ominously up ahead in the distance and the decaying castle of legend around these parts... And the entire world over... stood proudly atop one of the massive peaks. It was surreal as they looked around in wonder at the stone buildings and dirt roads; until now, Romania had offered every luxury the 21st century had to offer.

Despite all they had seen, Impossible Entity had not been prepared for what beheld them in Transylvania.

“It’s right out of the books...” Betsy says breathlessly, her emerald eyes glued to the castle.

“They truly took the old ways to heart, didn’t they?” Lycana agrees. Her nose wrinkles as an unpleasant aroma invades her olfactory.

“I’ve always maintained that every work of fiction holds a grain of truth; but this? I mean...” Betsy sweeps her gaze to Lycana’s sapphire hues. “All these stories, all these retellings of vampires, they can’t ALL be based off facts. I refuse to believe that any of them have ever sparkled in the daylight; but I wouldn’t mind one giving me an epic sax solo.”

“Can you smell that?” Lycana asks, having heard none of Betsy’s ramble.

Confusion touches Betsy’s face as she sniffs the air and shrugs. “Some sort of food... burning wood... livestock for sure. Reminds me of home a bit, actually.”

Lycana’s eyes narrow as the foul odor continues to invade her senses. “You honestly can’t smell that? Like rotting flesh that’s been left in the heat for months.”

Now Betsy eyes Lycana with open concern. “I smell nothing of the sort, Ly... But now I have a theory that pisses me off as much as it fascinates me.” A gesture from the blue vixen prompts Betsy on. “Um... Well... In Twilight, the-”

“Oh, Betsy, no... Please don’t go any further.” Lycana says, before abruptly bursting into a fit of the giggles.

“Seriously, hear me out: The Vamps and the Wolves, they all had hyperosmia for some reason, particularly towards one another. Each one smelled repugnant to the other because of the natural rivalry between werewolves and vamps...” Betsy trails off, her eyes widening as Lycana’s giggles suddenly die out.

“Well, I’ll be damned.” Lycana mutters. “I was going to make a joke about the smell being NK and Flynn here before us, but...” She trails off, her lip curling in disgust. “I hate most vampires.”

“You’ve met one?”

“Not since I became a wolf.”

“That would explain it if they didn’t smell to you before this. But do you think..?” Betsy returns her gaze to the mountain, pensively.

The clop of hooves and jingle of a harness pull their attention as a flashy team of grays pulling an open-air carriage, trots smartly down the street, stopping beside them. “Fancy a ride, ladies?” the driver tips his totally stereotypical hat at them.

“The fuck are you?”

“LY!”

“He’s creepy.” she announces, narrowing her eyes at the clean-shaven man who bears a strange resemblance to Flynn. “He looks like he peeks in windows.”

“He what?” Betsy arches a brow, struggling to keep a bemused expression off her face. She turns her attention to the carriage driver, tilting her head. You know now that Ly mentioned it, he was a tad on the odd side. “You’ll have to excuse my friend here...”

“No need, I am known as Renfield.” he hops down from his perch. “Here to take you to the castle.” He extends a hand.

“We don’t ride with strangers.”

“Ly! Would you rather walk?”

“Yes.”

"................................................................Get in.”

With an exasperated roll of her eyes, Betsy accepts the hand up into the carriage. Lycana stares at it, before looking at Renfield. “You smell.” she informs him. She clambers up by herself, settling in the seat beside Betsy. Renfield settles onto the box, completely uncaring and weirdly happy, and snaps the reins. With a creak of leather, they were off, up the steep, winding dirt path.

“You’re in a mood.”

“Vamps do that to me.” Lycana mutters.

“He’s...” Betsy flicks her eyes towards the front. “No, but he has that stink all over him.” Lycana responds, following her gaze, frowning. Betsy sits back against the plush upholstery, chewing her lip in thought.

Lycana looks beyond Renfield, at the pair of horses that pulled their chariot. All that could be seen were their rumps. “Horses asses, just like Flynn and NK.”

“I feel like something more is needed to really be NK...”

The horse on the left lifts its tail almost on cue, depositing steaming dung on the path as it goes.

“There he is.”

Betsy snorts, holding back her laughter, the sound bringing a quick smirk to Lycana’s face.

“Flynn was shocked Arcana was a sorceress. Imagine if he knew I was a werewolf. Too bad I can’t show him.”

“Who says you can’t? Show both of them. I owe NK a little something myself.”

“Wonder if his balls are still smarting from his visits to the 24/7 hall.”

The carriage clatters across a long bridge, drawing them closer to their destination.

“Does it matter? I plan on kicking them into his throat.”

“Could always just use that machete.”

Betsy laughs.

“Rules don’t say we can’t use it on each other, not just the monsters.”

“Don’t tempt me.” she stops as the horses slow.

The carriage comes to a halt, and Renfield makes a grand motion with his hand. “Ladies.” They stare in awe up at the castle, craning their necks.

“Holy shit.”

“It’s incredible.”

They alight from the carriage, transfixed by the sight before them. In tandem, they climb the steep steps leading up to the castle.

“Here goes nothing?”

“Here goes nothing.”

The two girls step forward, and push on the double doors, together.

[Image: 4086c1e276501693b8a7b9fdfa8189402a2e8ba7.gif]

lycana2 (1)
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Lycana's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (10-21-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-20-2021), HeavensToBetsy (10-21-2021), JimCaedus (10-21-2021), Mark Flynn (10-20-2021), Theo Pryce (10-28-2021)