Please Log-in or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current XWF board time: 10-23-2021, 07:18 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                
X-treme Wrestling Federation BOARDS » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! Booking
Podcast/Audio-Only Shove It
Mark Flynn Offline
Champions get their name in red!
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-19-2021 07:18 AM

[Image: zPc3CRy.png]

in conjunction with

770 AM RADIO

Proudly Present

LIVE! THURSDAY OCTOBER 14TH! FROM RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL!

AN AUDIO-ONLY EDITION OF SHOVE-IT

Hi, I'm TV's Mark Flynn. You might remember me from the hit sitcom "Let's Pin Flynn: Hosted by Gator" and beating you that one time.

770 AM radio reached out to XWF to collaborate on an event that they hoped would save the irrelevant and dying medium of radio.

When the XWF laughed in their stupid dying industry's face, they added three more zeroes on the end of their check.

And now, here we are. Producing an audio-only wrestling event at the Legendary Radio City Music Hall. AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ONLY BY LISTENING TO 770 AM RADIO AND/OR ON THE OFFICIAL XWF PODCAST NETWORK!

COME OUT AND ENJOY THE SPLENDOR OF RADIO! GET THAT SWEET, SWEET WRESTLING ASMR THE KIDS SEEM TO LOVE SO MUCH!

OOC:

This show will be taking place October 14th! For the results, I'm going to try and produce them via the magic of audio drama and Audacity. So, this show is going to be very fun and very experimental.

Participation is, of course, optional. Please take a look at our menu below for possible match-types! Or order off-menu and we'll try to find a match partner that can share your preferred RP format!

OPTION 1
THE "TIGHT FIVE" RADIO CITY RUMBLE (An Over-The-Top Rope Battle Royal With a Prize(?) of a Title Shot(?) (If A Current Titleholder Wants to Offer))
1 RP - 5 Minute Limit

OPTION 2
STANDARD SINGLES MATCH
1 to 3 RPs - Whatever Length You Feel is Most Entertaining!

For champions, if you WANT to defend your title... I have no idea how that will work but I love your enthusiasm and gusto! Your match will fall under the closest approximation we can agree upon to the standard conditions and rules for your title’s defenses... Like 2 RPs... X minutes for TV title. 3 RPs No limits for Warfare... WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT!

Just say: In to defend!

Please, if you have any ideas or interest in being part of this show, post down below and we'll make this crazy idea happen! For AM Radio!

I will be accepting segments. What does that look like? Mark Flynn will be handling the soundboards this show and "taking calls" between matches. If you, in character as your own person or as a completely random character, want to call into the show, you can send an audio file up to one minute and I'll mix it to sound like a live call-in.

This is a fantastic idea that Vinnie Lane had and I can't wait to... really, really try to bring it to life! Thanks everyone in advance who signs up to give this a try!
Find
Edit Hate Post Like Post Reply Quote
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-20-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (09-19-2021), Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Marf (09-19-2021)
Muddy Waters Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-19-2021 07:59 AM

got’DAYUM! Muddy Waters goin on NPR to talk about vaccines baby

[Image: Backstage%2BTalk.gif]

(3X) Federweight Champion
Find
Hate Post Like Post Reply Quote
[-] The following 2 users Like Muddy Waters's post:
JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
Gator Offline
The Walking Disaster

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-19-2021 09:44 AM

I'll give it a shot.

[Image: 4H375RW.png?6]
Check out Backstage Page for full list of XWF achievements.
Find
[-] The following 3 users Like Gator's post:
Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
ElijahMartin Online now or has been in the last 30 mins
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

09-19-2021 10:04 AM

I’m in for a singles match

Find
[-] The following 3 users Like ElijahMartin's post:
Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
Hotdog Offline
Now in new North Korean War Pig flavour!

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

09-19-2021 03:40 PM

"Oink oink oink ooiink ooink."

Spoiler :
In for the battle royal.
Find
[-] The following 4 users Like Hotdog's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-20-2021), Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
Bobby Bourbon Offline
No Good Bastard

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-19-2021 03:55 PM

In, option 2.

[Image: DtUCPfZ.png]
[Image: YrieUVE.png]
Find
[-] The following 4 users Like Bobby Bourbon's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-20-2021), Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), JimCaedus (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
JimCaedus Offline
---------------R.B.F.T.L.---------------
TITLE - X-treme Champion

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

09-19-2021 04:56 PM

Fuckin A, I'm in bro, I just gotta wait for the Relentless results to see what option format I'm in for.

Update: considering every match is a title defense for the Xtreme, I'm in to defend (why am I suddenly very nervous). I'm wondering if Atty would be interested in doing her title shot on here but obviously that's up to her. Mark, whatever you, Lane and Theo think would be the best format (why am I suddenly shitting my pants), I ask for a length/time limit at least tho lol

[Image: chM1Ri0.gif]

[Image: 8PUrRqK.png]
Shout out to Gator/Noah Jackson for this kickass banner

[Image: jw20Nj4.jpg]
Shout out to Lycana for this kickass banner

~XWF ALL TIME TOP 50 - #6!!!!
~XWF UNIVERSAL CHAMPION - 1x
~XWF XTREME CHAMPION - 2x (current)
~XWF TAG TEAM CHAMPION w/Chaos then Engy, w/APEX - 2x
~XWF 24/7 Briefcase - 2x
~XWF Trio Tag Champion w/Ax3 - 1x
~XWF Television Champion - 1x (undefeated)
~XWF Federweight Champion - 2x
~XWF Triple Title Holder - 1x (TV, Federweight & 24/7 case)
~XWF Double Title Holder - 3x (TV/Feder, Uni/Trio & Tag/24/7 case)
~XWF 2017 Lethal Lottery IV Tournament winner!!
~XWF 2017 Leap of Faith Rafter Match winner!!
~XWF 2017 2nd Annual Doc D'Ville Hosted Shove-It Rumble Co-Winner w/Chaos!!
~XWF 2017 War Games Co-Winner with Robert Main and Drew Archyle as APEX!!
~XWF Feb. 2017 J. Federweight Scramble Winner!!
~XWF January 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Like a Moth to the Flame"
~XWF February 2017 Star of the Month!!
~XWF March 2017 3-Way Star of the Month!!
~XWF September 2017 RP of the Month!! - "Lions and Tigers and Caedus, Oh Shit"
~XWF July 2021 QOTM!! - "Took It All"
~Proud final opponent of XWF Legend Barney Green for one of his retirements

---Love Me, Like Me, Hate Me. No Worries---

Gator's Archive
[Image: KlXZwFe.png]
In Loving Memory of Captain Dick Powers

Gravy's Archive
[Image: YSqFoQ7.jpg]
[Image: oqNqgFo.jpg]
Shout out to Gravy for these kickass banners
Find
[-] The following 3 users Like JimCaedus's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-20-2021), Dolly Waters (09-19-2021), Mark Flynn (09-19-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-27-2021 06:33 AM

OOC: Hey y'all!

We've got about three days til I finalize the card! Gentle reminder to signup and try this fun idea!
Find
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Flynn's post:
JimCaedus (09-27-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-27-2021 06:35 AM

(09-19-2021 04:56 PM)JimCaedus Said:  Fuckin A, I'm in bro, I just gotta wait for the Relentless results to see what option format I'm in for.

Update: considering every match is a title defense for the Xtreme, I'm in to defend (why am I suddenly very nervous). I'm wondering if Atty would be interested in doing her title shot on here but obviously that's up to her. Mark, whatever you, Lane and Theo think would be the best format (why am I suddenly shitting my pants), I ask for a length/time limit at least tho lol

Absolutely! I'll PM the smarter people and we'll try to figure out the best limits to impose on this! Can't Wait!
Find
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Flynn's post:
JimCaedus (09-27-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

09-27-2021 08:41 AM

In for something big time

[Image: h3DenEV.png]
[Image: qRPvsfj.gif]
Find
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
Mark Flynn (09-27-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-29-2021 12:02 PM

OOC: Hey y'all! Today is the last day to sign-up for this thing we're going to do! At midnight, I'm sending the card out to the powers that be and we'll run with who we have, which is already a killer fucking group. Thanks everyone who already signed up! I'm super excited for to see what shakes out for this ridiculous show concept.

Just a few quick notes about content and "length/ time limit" after the conversation I mentioned I'd get out of the wiser minds than I who keep this ship afloat.

So, they signed off on these formats:

FOR THE BATTLE ROYAL: 1 Promo, Up to 5 Minutes

Regular Singles Match: 2 Promos, Each Individual Promo Up to 15 Minutes

X-Treme Title Match: 3 Promos, Each Individual Promo Up to 15 Minutes

NOW! THAT SAID!

I won't post a rubric because I don't wanna stifle any of y'all's creativity about what an audio-only RP should sound like and I'm hoping y'all blow my imagination out of the water. But, I will say, in terms of scoring and evaluation:

QUALITY > > > > > > > > > > LENGTH

and

CREATIVITY > > > > > > > > > LENGTH

If you tell an absolutely perfect audio story in 3 to 5 minutes and your opponent tells a pretty good one in 14 to 15, you're getting the win.
So don't feel obligated to put up something that hits that max content length!

Okay. Again, to sum up, if everything goes right, the card drops tomorrow! GET READY FOR SOME RADIO MAGIC! Thanks y'all!
Find
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark Flynn's post:
Dolly Waters (09-29-2021), ElijahMartin (09-29-2021), JimCaedus (09-29-2021), Theo Pryce (09-29-2021)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)