Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Out Of My Head
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-01-2021, 09:36 AM

(Centurion got exactly what he wanted...and then some.

His match with Giovanni DeSantis was violent, brutal, and at times bordering on difficult to watch. Glass was broken, tacks were jammed into people’s bodies, and pints of blood were spilled.

In the end, though, it was Centurion who was able to leave under his own power, and slay the God of Death that has been haunting him for two decades.

We go backstage at Relentless. There, we see Allison and Nellie Cortinovis sprinting down a hallway, pushing themselves past several XWF staff members before getting to a door. They throw the door open, and inside of a small medical room sits Centurion on a tall chair. Centurion has his shirt off, and he is covered in blood – some his, and some Giovanni’s - and he has several cuts in various places on his body. A member of the XWF medical staff is applying antiseptic to Centurion’s forehead, which has been sliced open by GD’s very liberal use of a light tube, while Ruby stands behind him, pulling thumb tacks out of his shoulder. Allison and Nellie stop before they run into the room, and Centurion just looks up at them and grins.)

Centurion: Evening ladies. We were just discussing what we wanted to grab for dinner.

Ruby: Nel, Al...PLEASE convince him to do to the hospital.

Centurion: Psht...

(Centurion waves his hand in the air, dismissing Ruby’s pleas as Nellie and Allison take a step into the room, both with their arms crossed in front of them.)

Centurion: Tis but a scratch.

Allison: You’re not going to the hospital? What the hell is wrong with you?!

Centurion: Go to the hospital and do what? Sit in the waiting room for six hours, only for some PA to walk in, put a couple stitches in me, and tell me to “take it easy for the next few days”? Nah, I think I’d rather skip all that and just go back to my apartment, where I can at least entertainment myself...and the nurses are a lot sexier.

(Centurion reaches to Ruby in a flirty way, but Ruby slaps Centurion’s hand away.)

Ruby: Did you hire someone to come in and take care of you, because I’m certainly not going to do it.

Centurion: Oh, yes you are. You talk tough now, but once I get into bed and put my charm on, you know you won’t be able to resist me.

(Ruby pulls out another tack, though this time with a little less care, causing Centurion to wince in pain. Ruby looks at the tack before dropping it in a bowl next to her. She takes the bowl, which has close to a dozen tacks in it already, and holds it in front of Centurion’s face.)

Ruby: I can put these back in, you know?

Centurion: Please don’t.

Nellie: We’re not worried about the cuts and the blood. We’re worried about whether or not you have a concussion. We saw you take several shots to the head, completely unprotected. The last thing we need is for you to walk into the apartment, only to throw up all over the place, pass out, and bash your head against the wall. Then who’s going to be stuck cleaning that up?

Centurion: Your concern is illuminating. Trust me, I’m alright. I know I’m old, but I’m not fragile. Just get me home, let me relax a little bit, and I’ll be up and better than ever. Did you get a hold of the driver?

Allison: No. We were pretty convinced you weren’t going to be leaving this place in anything other than an ambulance.

Centurion: Give him a call, have him get ready for us and meet us at the loading dock. Once I get stitched up, we’re going to leave. There’s no reason for me to stick around here and watch the rest of the show. I already know what’s going to happen.

(Allison nods as she turns and walks out of the room. Nellie, meanwhile, raises an eyebrow as she looks at Centurion and ponders over his last statement.)

Nellie: Wait...what do you mean “you know what’s going to happen”? Are you predicting a BoB attack?

Centurion: No...well, maybe. Possibly. But that’s not what I’m talking about. You feel it in the air, don’t you? That feeling of uneasiness? As if there is someone...or a group of people...out there watching, just waiting for their moment to shine? I’ve been backstage at a lot of shows, and I know exactly what this feeling is like. Some chaos is about to happen, and I would rather not be there when it does.

(Centurion’s statement confuses Nellie even more, as she raises her hands to waist high and gestures in a confusing motion.)

Nellie: If that’s the case, shouldn’t you warn somebody?

Centurion: Oh, they already know.

(This statement causes Nellie to turn her head to the side, and even Ruby seems confused, as she stops pulling the tacks out of Centurion’s back and leans forward to get a look at his face.)

Ruby: What? Who knows?

Centurion: Theo. Vinnie. The people who need to know. And my guess is, they’re not going to do anything about it, though I’m sure we’ll hear all kinds of crying and moaning on Twitter tomorrow morning. So, I was thinking a pizza. Maybe from Zachs?

Ruby: Wait, wait, you can’t just say “something really bad is going to happen and the ownership knows about it” and just leave it at that!

Centurion: Did I say it was bad? I just said it was going to be chaos. A lot of people will SAY it’s bad. There’s going to be a lot of terrible acting over the next few days, with people pretending as if they are incredibly upset and “very concerned”, but nothing will happen. Vinnie and Theo are basically the Susan Collins of the wrestling world – they claim they are different and have concerns, but really, they are a part of the same problems that plague this industry in so many ways. Besides, Vinnie Lane is a bitch...

(In response to his cursing, Ruby pulls out one of the tacks with her bare hands, causing Centurion to let out an “OW!”)

Centurion: Vinnie Lane is a...

(Centurion thinks for a second before turning his head to see Ruby.)

Centurion: Going to be honest with you, babe, I can’t think of another word that fits his personality as well as that one does. But he rolls over at everything. He does nothing but make bad decisions, and when he gets called out, he runs away for a couple of months. He collects checks to sit around and do nothing, except once and a while he pulls out a piece of paper and writes random names on a card and calls it “Anarchy”.

(The medical professional finishes wrapping Centurion’s head, and as she does, Centurion slowly attempts to get to his feet. Ruby and Nellie rush to his side to help him stand up, and as he gets to his feet, he takes a deep breath.)

Nellie: Seriously, I think you should go to...

Centurion: I’m not going to no damn hospital! I know you don’t see me get sliced open like that anymore, but this is honestly nothing. Some of the injuries I fought through in similar matches would make you vomit. I’m sore, but I’m not hurt. If anything, I feel better than I thought I would. Actlually, that was...kind of fun.

Ruby: Fun?!

(Ruby’s eyes widen as she yells out in exacerbation. Centurion cracks a smile.)

Centurion: I know, it sounds weird, but I didn’t have to worry about outrunning someone in there. I didn’t have to worry about someone pulling some new, fancy way of cheating to catch me off guard. This was just two dudes throwing each other through glass. I can appreciate that. I don’t know, I kind of want to do it again...not against him, obviously, but if someone challenged me to a deathmatch, I’d do it. Now, anyway, Zach’s has a really good deep dish...

Nellie: Now I REALLY want you to get your head checked.

Centurion: Oh, cut it out, will you? If I go to the hospital every time I get a boo boo, I would have to buy a room there. No, what I need is for you to get the door for me and for us to get back to the apartment.

(Nellie just sighs as she looks over at Ruby. Ruby has a concerned look on her face, but just shakes her head as Nellie walks over to the door of the room and opens it. Ruby helps Centurion out of the room and down the hallway towards their car as the camera fades to black.)

------So Quiet, But I Finally Woke Up------

If you ever wanted an example of the “ups and downs” of professional wrestler, look no further than me.

One week, I’m fighting Giovanni DeSantis, a man who has haunted my dreams for 20 years. We battle almost to the death, with glass and thumb tacks and all other instruments of violence being used to try and maim and destroy one another. I’m finally able to put away one of my personal demons, and in doing so, delivered an all-time great performance that reminded people of my worth and value in professional wrestling.

The next week, I’m wrestling a fucking pizza guy.

One of the first things I tell young wrestlers is to never overlook an opponent. Treat every competitor like an equal, because you never know who might upset you. The last thing you want to do is go into a match unprepared because you assume you have it in the bag, only for that less talented wrestler to show up and stun you with preparation.

Not going to lie...that’s going to be really hard for me to do this week.

Sure, it’s not going to be from a lack of desire. After everything this little prick said online, beating the bejesus out of him isn’t just going to be therapeutic for me, but it’s also going to be a lot of fun, and I won’t feel an ounce of sympathy for the kid as he’s getting pummeled into the mat; however, I cannot, in good conscience, think Thebe Nwadike could possibly beat me. Not if I lost both of my legs and he came out in a suit of armor.

Besides, Thebe already won, and he knows it. The dude was barely scraping by, exchanging hand jobs for $20 and a pack of smokes before getting handed an OCW contract for no apparent reason, and now, in only his second match ever, he gets to wrestle a legend, and someone that is going to boost his stock tremendously. Hell, the paycheck he’ll get from Savage alone is more than he ever made mopping floors.

So, instead of tossing me insults, Thebe, I expect a fucking thank you. You may make your snide little comments and talk about how old I am, but I’d rather be old and busted than have absolutely no future, and likely wind up in a dumpster with a needle in my arm like you’re going to. The fact is, I am the only person on this roster that would accept this match. Everyone else taking part in this “war” would wait for the bigger names to come out of the woodwork. There’s no reason why Alias or Thaddeus Duke or Betsy Granger or anyone else like that would take up a match against some punk kid that his own federation doesn’t believe in. They know the truth – the only people that benefit from this match are the OCW management.

Think about it – you showing up makes me talk about OCW. It makes the commentators talk about OCW. Your appearance alone makes them money. That’s why the folks deeply invested in this “war” wouldn’t fight you. They would get nothing out of it. So why did I decide to do it?

Because I don’t give a fuck...because this isn’t a “war”. It’s all just a bunch of back-and-forth bullshit created by suits that set to make a shit ton of money off the backs of wrestlers who actually put their bodies and lives on the line. Theo Pryce and Vinnie Lane and...whoever the hell runs OCW isn’t going to be stepping in the ring. They’re going to let their little foot soldiers fight for them. They’re going to rile up all the roster members, claim that the other side is trying to destroy them and take their jobs, all while they sit in the penthouse, sipping champagne and laughing at how dumb we are. That’s why I didn’t care about this war before, and I don’t care about it now. I already know how it ends – with both ownership teams raising their arms, cashing their checks, and pissing all over the bodies of those who bought into this bullshit.

So, since I know that, and since I don’t care who profits off this, then I have no problem taking the pizza kid and slapping him around a bit. I promise you, Thebe, you think you’re going into this waving the banner of the OCW, and that all the roster and all the management will be sitting at home, rooting really hard for you to pick up that “huge win”, but the reality is, not only have you already done exactly what they wanted you to do...but they don’t actually want you to win.

See, their mission is complete. Get Thebe on XWF television so he can talk about OCW. That’s it. I could decapitate you in the middle of the ring, and it doesn’t change anything for them. It’s all about money, and right now, you serve as nothing more than a vessel to make them more of it.

But if you were to somehow win this match? Well, then you have leverage. You beat a wrestling legend! They’re going to need to do something with you now. They clearly have no plans on pushing you – they have their golden geese, and you’re not one of them. They don’t want to pay you any more money – hell, they got you dirt cheap because they could, and they want to keep you poor as long as they can so they never have to worry about upping your salary. But if you were to beat me in front of a worldwide audience? Well, then the contact offers would start flowing in, and suddenly OCW would have to open their purse strings in order to keep one of their jobbers on the roster.

Luckily for them, and unluckily for you, that isn’t going to happen.

Welcome to the big leagues, you little fucker. You’re going to find very quickly that fighting legitimate talent is a hell of a lot harder than fighting some random dickhead named Zues, and your cute little “I can barely climb the top rope” act is funny when you’re not wrestling anyone, but it’s dangerous as hell when you’re in the ring with someone who has actual skills. You’re actually lucky you got me this late in my career, Thebe. Back in the day, I’d pluck out your last good eye and go fuck your mom, but I’m a lot calmer now and I’ve settled down, so I guess I’m just going to have to settle for beating you up for about five minutes before pinning you, leaving the arena, taking a shower, and fucking my girlfriend. Tell your mom I apologize.

Oh, by the way, one more thing. A certain former wrestler used to tell me that bringing up tweets in a promo is bad. Why? I don’t know, but she’s a millennial and knows more about this shit than I do, so I didn’t argue with her; however, there is one thing you said, among the several hours of bullshit you were tweeting out, that I felt like I needed to address on TV rather than on the internet.

You’re right, Phoebe. I shouldn’t have celebrated so hard when I crashed through a glass table and beat one of my longtime rivals. I should have just stayed calm and acted like it was another day in the park. Good thing I take advice from folks like you, who never wrestled in a pay per view before, much less a World Title match. I’m sure you would have acted all cool and collected, though I don’t know how you would ever know, seeing as you’ve never been in that position before in your life. I guess it’s not that big of an accomplishment – not like quitting a job as a pizza guy, which, rumor has it, you celebrated by throwing your apron at your boss and doing fucking cartwheels. I’m sure for your first $10 tip, you sprayed Hurricane malt liquor all over yourself before streaking down Main Avenue screaming “I’m rich, bitch!”

Enjoy your five minutes in the sun, you little shit.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Centurion's post:
ALIAS (10-01-2021), Chris Page (10-05-2021), Corey Smith (10-01-2021), Dolly Waters (10-02-2021), Thebe Nwadike (10-05-2021), Theo Pryce (10-16-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (10-01-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Centurion's post!
Thunder Knuckles™ (10-01-2021)