Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:46 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A CYCLE OF SHOVE ITS
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-07-2021, 09:26 AM

HEY EVERYONE!

Some of you may know already, but if you don't - after Relentless I will have to take some time mostly away for a bit. Theo came up with a pretty great idea that instead of Anarchy for the cycle after Relentless, we could have a few Shove It shows instead!

I thought of a few concepts that could be great for a show that are unconventional by XWF standards. You could have shows that stick to the Anarchy schedule or do something weekly on different days if preferred. Either way, here are a couple of ideas!

1. YOUTUBE IT!

A show made entirely of YouTube video promos instead of written RPs. These could have like a set minimum and maximum run time to give a framework. It could be a cool way to see how people pull off storyline aspects as well as vocalizing the trash talk aspect of the game. Guys like Barney and Robbie have some experience here so they could run a show like this or do well participating on it.

2. MATCH WRITE IT!

If any of you have ever seen a "match writing efed," you might know what this is like. Basically, you have X Roleplayer booked against Y Roleplayer, and rather than writing roleplays, they actually write a version of the match itself, each showing themselves as the winner. Then, others in the fed would vote who did the better match, and determine the winner that way. Again, these could have some parameters in place such as match stips, length, and so on.

3. PODCAST IT!

Similar to the YouTube but without video. In theory you could have more options ere because you would essentially just have to record a "radio show" style promo with sound effects and scripts, etc., to produce what you wanted. It could go the extra mile and have the show results themselves given in the same format. I think people like Ned could have a blast with something like this.

What do you guys think? Who might want to step up and fill the void left without Anarchy for a little while? Don't worry, we will still have an Anarchy Title match at the PPV after Relentless, and then go back to regular Anarchy shows at that time. It's just a temporary thing.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Atara Raven (09-07-2021), Dolly Waters (09-07-2021), JimCaedus (09-11-2021), Latina Submission Machina (09-07-2021), Mark Flynn (09-07-2021), Ned Kaye (09-12-2021), Thaddeus Duke (09-07-2021), Theo Pryce (09-07-2021)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-07-2021, 09:50 AM

An angle Fed I did a long time ago before finding this place did something similar to the match write up thing you’re talking about.

The Fed head would book the rasslers, then have them take turns in writing 200 word trade-offs of the match. Once it got to about 1k he would jump in and write the finish.

I would be down to host something like this if anyone is interested. Could help with getting some more folks experienced with match writing. Y’all let me know if you’d want to participate and I’d be happy to host it.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dolly Waters's post:
Latina Submission Machina (09-07-2021)
Charlie Nickles Offline
The Nickleman

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

09-07-2021, 11:40 AM

We're going to miss you Vinnie and we'll be right here for ya when you're back!

This sounds like fun! I look forward to participating in these unique shows.

[Image: 27J5l3J.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charlie Nickles's post:
Latina Submission Machina (09-07-2021)
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

09-11-2021, 03:18 PM

You da best, bossman. Also, I will provide an additional Shove-It suggestion in case anyone wants to use it.

Shovant-Garde

A Shove-It where no conventional RPs are allowed and creatively pushing the boundaries of what can even be considered a roleplay is the goal. We're all incredibly creative people here, so I know there are a billion ideas that people could come up with. Even the slight bits of potential overlap with Vinnie's suggestions would be mitigated by the possibility of people really streching the boundaries of their styles and methods of storytelling they might not usually utilize. At the very least, I think it could be neat if someone wanted to use it.

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
JimCaedus (09-11-2021), Marf (09-11-2021), Theo Pryce (09-11-2021)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-17-2021, 09:26 AM

So is anyone going to step up and claim a show?

We need someone to put some shows up through October...

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-17-2021, 09:35 AM

Nickles/Marf/Dolly are running one I believe around Halloween. I put a placeholder in the calendar.

But that's it so far.

Maybe Ned can pick a date and post his shove it from last year.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-17-2021), Dolly Waters (09-17-2021)
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-17-2021, 09:40 AM

(09-17-2021, 09:35 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Maybe Ned can pick a date and post his shove it from last year.

Stop 😂🤣
Hate Post Like Post
Mark Flynn Offline
24/7 Briefcase Holders get their name in GOLD
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-17-2021, 09:50 AM

Oh gosh, I really hope that still takes at least a few weeks, I actually have a whole cycle of stories coming up built around that event now... Ah well, best laid plans...

Also, if it's not already taken, I'd love to run the podcast/audio-only Shove-It! I have an idea on how to put up match results in a super fun way as described above.
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark Flynn's post:
Dolly Waters (09-17-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-17-2021, 09:52 AM

(09-17-2021, 09:50 AM)Mark Flynn Said: Oh gosh, I really hope that still takes at least a few weeks, I actually have a whole cycle of stories coming up built around that event now... Ah well, best laid plans...

Also, if it's not already taken, I'd love to run the podcast/audio-only Shove-It! I have an idea on how to put up match results in a super fun way as described above.

Pick a date and it's yours.

Hate Post Like Post
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

09-17-2021, 10:04 AM

I had an idea based on an event I was recently at.

Ye Olde Anarchy At Thee Faire

It's Anarchy at the Renaissance Faire. Wacky costumes, old timey speech, renaissance era matches. I don't have a fully fleshed out idea, but it was something that popped into my head.

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-17-2021), Latina Submission Machina (09-17-2021)
Mark Flynn Offline
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-17-2021, 10:24 AM

(09-17-2021, 09:52 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Pick a date and it's yours.

Let's see... If y'all are looking to put up content through October... I could run it the week before Halloween?

So Saturday, October 23rd?
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

09-17-2021, 10:29 AM

(09-17-2021, 10:04 AM)Centurion Said: I had an idea based on an event I was recently at.

Ye Olde Anarchy At Thee Faire

It's Anarchy at the Renaissance Faire. Wacky costumes, old timey speech, renaissance era matches. I don't have a fully fleshed out idea, but it was something that popped into my head.

[Image: i-like-it-a-lot.gif]

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

09-17-2021, 10:34 AM

(09-17-2021, 10:24 AM)Mark Flynn Said:
(09-17-2021, 09:52 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Pick a date and it's yours.

Let's see... If y'all are looking to put up content through October... I could run it the week before Halloween?

So Saturday, October 23rd?

So the Halloween Shove It or whatever they are calling it is October 28th. Would you be able to do October 14th? Typically we'd want these on Thursdays so as to replace an Anarchy on the calendar.

Hate Post Like Post
Mark Flynn Offline
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

09-17-2021, 10:48 AM

YUP!
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

09-17-2021, 10:55 AM

I'll add it to the calendar.

Hate Post Like Post
ElijahMartin Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

09-17-2021, 03:02 PM

I love the idea of doing role plays with YouTube or in podcast form, very different and I just wanna try it out!!

Hate Post Like Post