Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marking Out
The Blue Tango Offline
HERO

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-18-2021, 10:24 PM

There was a stink to the air tonight. Something rotten. Something nasty.

Darkness covered the city like a blanket, so you know evil was totally about. When we last left our hero, things weren’t exactly on the up-and-up. Several streaks of bad luck involving Joe Exotic, that bitch Carol Baskin, and his pet tiger, Wesley Stripes, plagued his weekend and forced him to do things he never thought he would do as well as join forces with forces that he would never dance with.

But a hero has to do, what a hero has to do sometimes right?

This brings us to Java-Jive, a coffee shop on the corner of 12th and 27th, where Calypso sits alone on a couch with his tablet while sipping at a whipped frappa-crappa. The camera looks in at him through the window when he notices and waves them in.

“Hey! I didn’t see ya’ll there!”

“But you did. You waved us in.” The cameraman says while filming.

“Yeah, yeah, so? Maybe I did! I’m glad you guys could make it!” Calypso smiles with a foam mustache that covers the bridge of his nose.

“So after suffering from two straight losses on two different shows to the rising XWF star Talia Areano… I have, maybe, one of the best match-ups I’ve had in quite a while. It’s all by luck, too! I called up Vinnie Lane one day and said, ‘Yo, Vinnie! Why the crap isn’t Calypso being booked on Anarchy, dude? That totally sounds like his bag!’ I was gonna go on, but his voicemail would only let me record for like ten seconds. Weird. He hasn’t called me back, but voila! Calypso is booked bay-bay!”

He holds out a hand for a high-five, which is unmet.

“Don’t leave me hanging, bro! This is where it all turns around for Calypso, no doubt! I’ve been around the block a few times already and just because Calypso is suffering a little streak of bad luck doesn’t mean we should start counting him out anytime soon. The luck changes on Anarchy when I go one-on-one, mono-a-mono, with a former Anarchy Champ, Ruby!”

Calypso leans back and fans himself off.

“To say I marked out over this match would be a straight up understatement! I’ve been a Rubycon for months and I remember when people talked that it would take someone CRAZY good to beat her for that title. And then she lost it to Centurion. I mean, is that really what everyone expected after such a reign?! After all the talk and praise?! I was devastated when I heard the news. And I was more of a mess because I missed the match because I only figured out that the show is on Thursdays the other day.”

“I’m not counting her out or anything! I mean, yeah, it's a loss to Centurion, but I’m looking past it! I’m going to use everything we knew about Ruby before that terrible night to project myself forward through the Anarchy rankings! I know I’m not a lot to look at right now. Heck, I haven’t been a TV Champ in years… The Federweight Title that I’ve held eight times is retired…. The streak of losses just piles on to the nothing that Calypso has going for him. Well, we’re one Calypso-nator away from changing all of that.”

Calypso pauses while looking determined at the camera. His face changes and he looks behind it to the man in control.

"We good?"

"We're good when you say we're good."

Calypso shrugs.

"Yeah, I think I made my point."

"That'll be $250."

"WHAT?!"

The camera cuts as Calypso is spilling and spitting his drink mid-sip.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like The Blue Tango's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-19-2021), JimCaedus (08-19-2021), Thias Watts (08-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (08-19-2021)