Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-08-2024, 08:58 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » News, Rumors, Hype, etc...
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing the XWF Midcard
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

(always cheered; has massive following; almost never cheats)

06-28-2013, 08:31 PM

The XWF’s midcard gets a ton of criticism these days, and rightfully so. What was once the grooming ground for the
XWF’s main-event superstars has become one of the most forgotten, overlooked and poorly booked aspects of the entire company.

Obviously, something is wrong with the midcard. But it’s not all bad—there are some positives there, too.
So, just what is the XWF doing right with itsVmidcard? And better yet, what is it doing
wrong?

Let’s take a look with an analysis of threeVstrengths and three weaknesses of the
XWF’s midcard division.

Weakness: Not Enough Babyfaces

The XWF’s midcard has no problem on the heel side, but when it comes to babyfaces?
Yeah, it needs a lot of work.
Especially over the last few years, the creative team simply hasn’t been able to build enough quality midcard faces. There’s no doubt we’ve
seen some superstars transform into great babyfaces recently, but far too often thoseVstars go straight to the main-event scene or at
least the borderline of it.
The bottom line is that the XWF can have all the heels it wants, but that is going to meanVdiddly squat if it’s not going to have enough
faces (quality ones who are actually over) for those heels to feud with.
The only babyface midcard mainstay that even
comes to mind is me, and I've been in that spot so long that nothing he does there ever really seems fresh anymore.
That’s a big problem because as long as I lack enough fellow babyfaces by my side, it’s going to be very hard for the
midcard to matter again anytime soon.

Strength: Plenty of Heels

As touched on before, the XWF’s midcard division is absolutely loaded with heels.
From JTC to Andrew Morrison to 3x Better Sid Feder to Alex Shawn, there are so many
quality heels on the XWF roster, and that’s why it’s so frustrating to see the midcard go to waste so often.
When you have as many talented midcard heels as the XWF does, there’s no excuse for not being able to book virtually any of them
in meaningful storylines or to give at least a few of them substantial pushes.
The midcard is where the XWF’s future is set in motion, and with so many talented heels in the division, you would think that the
company would be able to use at least some of them properly. Really, there’s no reason why that shouldn’t
happen, either. The XWF has a boatload of midcard heels, and that’s a very good
“problem” to have.

Weakness: Weak Champions

The midcard features no/some Mid-Card championships, and
no matter who is holding those belts, they seem to be booked atrociously.
As we all know, midcard champions lose way too much, specifically in non-title TV matches. Of course, when no one cares about the midcard’s champions, then it’s going to be extremely hard for anyone to care about anyone else in the midcard. That’s what has really plagued the XWF over
the last couple of years. Its champions have been booked so poorly and made to look so
weak that we’ve been given absolutely no incentive to invest ourselves into anything
that they do.
After all, if Sid Feder and Andrew Morrison can’t be booked well when actually holding a title, why should anyone give a crap about other midcarders who are deemed to be less important simply be their place on the card?

Strength: Talent

The struggles of the XWF’s midcard might be a little more understandable if the roster was weak and thin.
But it’s not. In fact, it’s—from top to bottom—a pretty stellar one. The list of great XWF midcarders goes on and
on and on: Sid Feder, JTC, Andrew Morrison, Alex Shawn,
Steve Davids, Mr. Radio , Scott Charlotte, Swift Ion and plenty of other guys who we even see on TV. Talent is no issue whatsoever for the midcard.
A number of guys working there are potential main-eventers or guys who have already worked in the main-event scene at times in the past. I don’t think very many fans would not accept
Andrew Morrison or Sid Feder as a main-event caliber
worker, and yet, these guys can’t do much of note in the midcard? That‘s just dumb.

Weakness: No Effort Put into Storylines

Over the last few years, most of the XWF’s storylines—whether midcard ones or not—haven’t been all that good, but the midcard
angles have been particularly abysmal. Realistically speaking, you could probably
count the number of great midcard storylines
we’ve seen in the last three or four years on one hand. Yeah, it’s been that bad. For whatever reason, the XWF’s creative team has made next to no effort to make the
midcard matter. The vast majority of theVfeuds we see there get hardly any TV time,
involve little to no mic time and suffer from the weak booking of the heels.
Creative just doesn’t care about the midcard, and as a result, neither do we do.VIf the effort was there, there’s no doubt that the midcard could shine in a big way on both Madness, Warfare, and Shove It. But as long as the effort level remains low, the interest level in the midcard will, too.

Strength: Great Wrestling

Not every wrestling feud is going to result in epic matches—that’s just the way it is. But if there’s one thing you can say about the midcard, it’s that—when given time—it oftenCfeatures some fantastic wrestling. What is the midcard' s biggest weakness?
No effort put into storylines,
Weak champions,
Lack of babyfaces, and
Other. The wrestling in the midcard is nothing short
of great, and in fact, can often be just as good or even better than the main-event scene.
That’s something that the XWF must capitalize on.
The main-event scene is where most of theVmajor drama happens, but also where we seeVsuperb matches too. The midcard isn’t always going to have both, but it certainly could
always result in great matches.
Set aside 15 minutes on Warfare for a greatVmidcard match and 12 minutes on Madness for the same (like both shows sometimes do), and that’s going to be a way to
help make the midcard matter again. Those midcarders sure can wrestle. They just need to be given the opportunity to prove it more often.

[Image: Bleacher-Report_logo.jpg]
[Image: ap19.PNG]]

Finisher: Copy and paste!
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Ursula Areano Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Kids, women, some teens

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by adult males)

06-28-2013, 08:35 PM

Simple Question - Who in the fuck cares?

[Image: ursula.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Ursula Areano's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (06-28-2013), Andrew Morrison (06-28-2013), Crimson Cobra (06-29-2013), John Austin (06-29-2013), KidAnt (06-29-2013), Scott Charlotte (06-28-2013), The Messenger (06-28-2013), Wallace Witasick (06-28-2013)
Mister Mystery 17 31707 1 Offline
Eat shit and rot in Hell

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-28-2013, 09:34 PM

:MM 17 31707 1:
Blow my old ass dick!

[Image: oqhyzp.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister Mystery 17 31707 1's post:
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick (06-29-2013)
John Msdison 2.Faggot

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-28-2013, 10:48 PM

what the fuck did I just read....
Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Steele Offline

XWF FanBase:
Heel w/ Cult Following

(the heel you love to love; does whatever they want)

06-29-2013, 01:50 AM

(06-28-2013, 10:48 PM)John Madison Said: what the fuck did I just read....

You actually read that?

[Image: euegoy.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shawn Steele's post:
(06-29-2013)
Steve "KingSlayer" Davids Offline
Steve Davids

XWF FanBase:
Teens, some men, few kids

(booed by casual fans; hurts people; often angry)

06-29-2013, 04:08 AM

If you ever call me a mid card wrestler again I will rip your head off and shit down your throat.

[Image: Gtfmgih.jpg]

3x Xtreme Champion
1x Briefcase Holder
1x Television Champion
1x Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

06-29-2013, 06:21 AM

I apologize Steve...I should just be a jobber, and I'm lucky to still have a job here...

Hate Post Like Post
JTC Offline
The Phenomenal Bad Guy

XWF FanBase:
Mixed reactions

(cheered heavily at home; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Wow Ion, how Swift was that? You apologize that fast? No wounder why you get pin by a table what is next? You going to lost to the ring bell?

[Image: try%20one_zpsrw9trzdg.png]
Hate Post Like Post
KidAnt Offline

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

06-29-2013, 03:57 PM

I bet he will lose to a ant. (Kid Ant that is)
Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

06-29-2013, 05:41 PM

Kid Ant, you want to have a match?

Hate Post Like Post
KidAnt Offline

XWF FanBase:
Classic Heel

(usually booed; often plays dirty)

06-29-2013, 05:58 PM

Sure. You vs Me on 07/13/13, on PPV. how about that
Hate Post Like Post
Matt Lennox Offline
I cry like a baby

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-29-2013, 06:00 PM

I don't consider anybody mid carders or main eventers. We all get the same chances the same way. And that's working your hardest.

[Image: 311kzti.jpg]

Accomplishments
1 time XWF Xtreme champion
2 time FTW UFO E1999 champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matt Lennox's post:
Swift Ion (06-29-2013)
#MemeQueen Luca Torchwick Offline
Waves don't die.

XWF FanBase:
Women and gay men

(physically attractive male on every level; can seduce you; that disarming smile; those bedroom eyes)

06-29-2013, 06:01 PM

"Hey Ant. Why don't you back up a bit? Ion's got a match with Table at the PPV. See? It got confirmed here!" http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=4109

OOC: Sorry for the intrusion, just felt like pointing that out lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
Wallace Witasick Offline
Former XWF Management

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-29-2013, 07:22 PM

(06-29-2013, 06:01 PM)Luca Arzegotti Said: "Hey Ant. Why don't you back up a bit? Ion's got a match with Table at the PPV. See? It got confirmed here!" http://xwf99.com/showthread.php?tid=4109

OOC: Sorry for the intrusion, just felt like pointing that out lol

We could make it a triple threat, unless Kid Ant fears the Table?
Hate Post Like Post
Swift Ion Offline
Plagiarism

XWF FanBase:
Super Face

06-29-2013, 07:29 PM

I'm seriously in the PPV? Lets do it! But, wait watch me "supposedly" lose, so that everyone can keep laughing and harassing me about how I lost to a table.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Swift Ion's post:
Wallace Witasick (11-21-2013)