Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nueva Vida
Dolly Waters Offline
Always.

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

06-27-2021, 07:12 PM

Alright, y'all! Great work!

Dolly shouted with encouragement, while trying, and failing, to veil the look of unease from her face.

She was back home at last at Coreytopia, slinking her way across that tightrope of autonomy and governing. Understanding that balance was a constant learning curve for Dolly. But one she treated like an aspiring academic. She was overseeing a crew of twelve comrades struggling to raise the frame of a livestock barn that needed to be rebuilt. The last one met a death befitting of the most caricature elements of naive, needless rebellion on May Day. Why destroy something as earnest and useful as a barn and leave a glittering mansion intact?

'Balance?' she supposed, but probably not the best example. A frothy reach at best.

With a grind of her teeth, Dolly jolts her arm out into the air, as if she's trying to catch the falling frame as her comrades begin to lose balance. But luckily they find their footing again and steady the wall from their two-by-twelves. Being in control of a situation is a part of Dolly's ego that she has desperately tried to confront and destroy, and spending weeks watching herself from the loathsome bones of Micheal Graves only left her questioning how to go about such a balancing act.

Dolly?! she heard the friendly cry of her comrade from afar. It sends warmth up her spine. Like the feeling of being reached out to by a person, you long for. A person you've told yourself that you've pestered away. Like an abrupt phone call from a crush. Sudden regard she thought unwarranted.

Christian said he saw you pop in last night... Corey spoke, balancing an uncertain tone with one of relief as he pulled shoulder to shoulder with Dolly, ...I wasn't sure if... he allows her to confirm, If it was, me?

Yeah! relief begins to melt the uncertain almost immediately,

Alas! she tilted her head towards him with that crooked, cute smile of hers that can't be replicated.

Christ, Dolly! ... her head sank in the admission of, if not outright guilt, at least the acknowledgment of the mess she's made of late.

Corey picks up on the body language easily. If he isn't an empath, he's at least bonded with his Wonder Twin well enough to know when her remorse is sincere. ...hey. he stops himself, regarding her, ...it's alright, dude. I'm just trying to understand what happened. I thought you were happy here. Happy being retired.

I am happy here, Corey. I've found more meaning here, with these people... with you, in six months than I've found in nineteen years.

Then why did you jump into the Leap of Faith sign-up? I don't get it... it's not like you were even preparing for an in-ring return. I was down in our gym training every day, and you weren't there.

Dolly nods her head, appreciating Corey's attentiveness to little things like that,

Well... I really thought we were going to the Moon.

Corey scoffs in a shared frustration at that misunderstanding, ...yeah, no kidding.

But mostly, I just missed y'all. Thad. You. ...

Please don't say-

...Dawk.

Corey turns, lifting Dolly by the chin to make sure he has her eyes in his,

Dolly, that Doc is dead...

I know, I KNOW. And he ain't never coming back.

Corey nods,

The whole thing was a bust, and worst of all, I didn't even get to see you win the case, or Alias win the Uni.

I wouldn't worry about that, I'm sure you're a lot happier for him than he is...

I miss him too...

He's been worried about you, Dolly. We all have. Just the sight of your body being involved with BoB, was like a bad dream.

Meh. They ain't so bad.

What?

I'm just saying. There's something more than a fine line between evil and annoying. Contempt and jealously. At least they were nice to who they THOUGHT was Dolly.

Corey sighs,

There's also something more than a fine line between being everything to everybody, and nothing to everybody. I think it's a line you ride pretty hard sometimes.

Dolly agrees through her silence and considers that balance again.

You do know that you're still a part of the War Games draft pool. Graves opted you in while he was in your body.

I know...

So you're going to compete?

...I am.

Do me a favor?

Anything.

Find that balance between that Dolly that Lux regarded so well, and this Dolly now. The one I know and care for. If you're going to be wrestling again, I want to see the best you've got to offer, and I have a hunch that you can do just that.

The balance. The comrades begin to lose it again, and this time it looks more desperate as the wall of the barn appears on the verge of falling back completely. Dolly and Corey rush over. Each lending their strength to a two-by-twelve and thrusting up and forward, finally getting the wall settled in place. The comrades all cheer as Dolly and Corey smile at one another, bumping fists.

I’ve missed this.

Me too, friend.

Dolly thought that May Day was the beginning of death, but perhaps it wasn't just that. Maybe there was a balance that she didn't consider. The potential for building something new.

3x XTreme Champion
2x Tag Team Champion (w/ Vita Valenteen, w/ Charlie Nickles)
2x Hart Champion
2x Television Champion

3x Star Of The Month
August ‘21, May ‘17, October ‘16

3x RP Of The Month
What light through sonder... my perception breaks.
Tranquility: For Old Times Sake
Manifest Victory

my loves:
[spoiler]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Dolly Waters's post:
ALIAS (06-27-2021), Atara Raven (06-27-2021), Corey Smith (06-27-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (06-28-2021), HeavensToBetsy (06-27-2021), JimCaedus (06-28-2021), Miss Fury (06-27-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (06-28-2021), Talia Areano (06-27-2021), Thaddeus Duke (06-27-2021)