Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:03 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alekhine Vs Euwe
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

06-23-2021, 05:10 PM

(We open up inside a darkened room. One light is illuminated, and it is fixated on Centurion. He is sitting at a table, hands folded, wearing a suit and tie. He looks directly into a camera as he speaks.)

Centurion: The Netherlands. 1935. In various cities across the country, throughout the course of several months, the World Chess Championship was held. That championship match was between the champion, Alexander Alekhine of the Russian Empire, and Max Euwe of the Netherlands. Alekhine was an incredible chess player, and won all over the world despite moving from country to country in the early 20th century. Max Euwe was good, but he was a massive underdog. No one expected him to win, not even himself. In fact, after the first couple of games, Alekhine had a commanding 3 point lead on the Dutchman. But here is the thing people sometimes forget about that match. Alekhine got off to a hot start because he started by using the white pieces. The white pieces have a slight advantage on the board, and good players capitalize on that. Alekhine held serve, but then, it was Euwe's turn to play on the white pieces. After the fourth game, Euwe would not lose a single game while playing the white pieces, while Alekhine was not able to convert every time, allowing Euwe to come back from 3 points down to upset the older, more experiences Alekhine. Why do I mention this ancient game? Because you, Osira....

(The light shines brighter, and we now see Centurion is sitting at a chess board. He is sitting behind the black pieces of the board, while the white pieces are directly in front of the camera.)

Centurion: You are now playing the white pieces.

I beat you at Leap of Faith, but I have enough self awareness to know that the conditions are different this time. This isn't a pay per view, where the bright lights benefit the established superstar. This is Anarchy, your domain. This is a submission match, your domain. And I'm coming off a loss to Chris Page, a match I put my everything - physically and mentally - into. In this case, I am Alekhine...

...well, without the Nazi connections and the possible murder at the hands of Soviet agents...

I may have the lead on you, but you have the advantage. The question is, how do you capitalize on it? Are you able to win with the white pieces, and bring this contest back to all square? Or...

(Centurion reaches over the table and moves a white pawn that is in front of one of the rooks two squares, what is normally considered a pretty bad move for an opening.)

Centurion: ...are you going to blunder?

No one thought you could beat me at Leap Of Faith, Osira, but your performance was enough to plant the seed of doubt into a lot of people's minds. You didn't have to beat me. You just needed to prove you belonged in the same ring as me. I needed to beat you. I couldn't afford any more mistakes. Everything happened exactly as it should have.

But there's only so many opportunities to go around. After a while, "being impressive" just won't be enough. You're going to need to start winning, or else you're going to go from proving you belong, to proving you don't.

Where is your career path taking you right now, Osira? Where are you headed? What is your future? Because as far as I can see it, you're just playing backup to your sister, who is achieving all the success and all the glory, while saving none of the scraps for you. What is it that you eventually want? τι θελεις? The Anarchy Title? Something more?

Right now, you're stuck. Do you deserve a shot at the Internet Title? Absolutely, but Atara will never give it to you, so it's a moot point. Should you get a shot at the Anarchy Title? Maybe, but Ruby has already proven her worth against talent much higher on the totem pole. If Miss Fury can't beat Ruby, than neither can you. I could give you a hundred matches, and you'd lose all one hundred of them. And no other show is coming close to offering you a spot on their roster. So here you sit...

(Centurion reaches over and moves the white rook up one space, putting it directly behind the pawn, but giving it no mobility to go anywhere else.)

Centurion: ...a powerful piece with nowhere to move.

So this is the entire ballgame for you, isn't it, Osira? Unlike the rest of the up and commers who see me as nothing more than the "beatable legend", you actually have something to fight for here. A win over me would raise some eyebrows. It would get people talking about you. At the very least, it would remove you from the bottom floor of BoB. This isn't a match you need for some "star on your resume" - this is a match you need to actually kickstart something.

And I'm expecting the best from you, Osira. I'm expecting to be busted open. I'm expecting to be limping out in pain after being put in every submission hold imaginable; however, I do expect to walk out victorious, because you see, while Alekhine may have lost that match to Euwe, he also won plenty of matches against opponents that barely have a Wikipedia page. You haven't proven your my true challenger yet. As far as I know, you could just be another nameless, faceless wrestler that wanders into the XWF, and meets their...

FINAL FANTASY!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (06-24-2021), Atara Raven (06-23-2021), Ruby (06-26-2021)