Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:55 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
Squint your eyes to see clearly, blur reality to make it real
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

06-13-2021, 05:15 PM

Possessed, owned, controlled.
By the common sense-infected rational gaze.
Onward forever we walk among the ignorant...
Never stray from the common lines.

The outline of that bulky Marfy form passed out in the bed is what we open to. Finally getting some much needed and well deserved rest after a wild couple of weeks. Between his dreams being haunted by a djinn, a supernatural war with werewolves and banshees showing up to brutal glass tables and Xtreme rules matches in the XWF. Poor Marf was long overdue for some real sleep. The death of the djinn would likely let him sleep peacefully. Or at the very least, have less aggressive dreams.

His massive chest rises and falls with his slow, steady breathing. A low rumble of an approaching thunderstorm plays the background music to Marf’s quiet breathing. His eyelids twitch multiple times and he shifts, possibly entering into some kind of dream. His consciousness, silently enjoying the darkness, bursts through a night sky and Marf comes sailing into the frame. He lands perfectly on his feet in the middle of an old, unpaved road. Marf looks around the dreamworld and sees the hole in the sky where he fell from.

Marf: No big deal...the blue eyed bitch is dead...

Marf slowly begins to walk along the massive field he was dropped into. To his left is a beautiful, vibrant forest. To his right is an endless graveyard. Marf stops and stares at it before shaking his head. He snaps his fingers and the graveyard turns into an extravagant playground. Marf nods in approval before continuing on. He turns to a massive roar and spots a large creature emerging from the woods. It starts racing towards Marf but again he snaps his fingers. The beast gets up to Marf, rises on it’s powerful hind legs and high fives Marf before galloping away.

Marf grins for a moment, raising his arms and enjoying the warmth of sun on his rugged face. A cool breeze blows along and Marf turns and makes his way to the elaborate playground. He spots Lycana and Reika on the swings and heads for them. He steps into the playground and makes his way along the sand. Just as he goes to call out to his friends his foot gets stuck. Marf frowns and looks down to see his foot sunken into the sand. He tries to pull in loose but the sand shifts and he begins to sink into it.

Marf snaps his fingers but just keeps sinking further into the sand. He snaps them again but nothing changes. Marf begins to scramble and claw at the sand as panic sets it. Lycana and Reika are both laughing out as they continue playing on the swings obliviously. Marf sinks further under the sand as it begins to pile up around him. He reaches out and screams but the sand overwhelms him and he slips underneath completely now. Marf drops lower until his body is spat out onto the other side.

Marf: How the fuck...?

Marf sits up and observes his surroundings. It looks like the same playground he was just in except it is deserted. The sun is gone, everything is shadowed in darkness. As Marf slowly rises to his feet there is an audible crumbling noise. He looks around and sees the swings and jungle gym cracking and turning to ashes. Tombstones begin to rise up from the ground instead. Marf looks at the ones nearest him and notices they all have his name engraved on them. He furrows his brows and searches for anything besides the endless line of graves.

Marf: Okay, who’s out there!? I killed the last djinn that fucked with me I have no problem doing it again. Show yourself!

The darkened graveyard in front of Marf stays silent and still while he awaits an answer. Nothing happens as he grimaces in disappointment before kicking the nearest tombstone. It rattles wildly before being sucked into the ground. Marf cocks his head in bemusement as several more tombstones shake and sink into the ground. This happens for a few more minutes until the tombstones left form into a giant pointing arrow. Marf begins marching in the direction of where the arrow is pointing.

He passes all the sunken graves and heads towards the end of the arrow. Marf looks ahead and notices it is snowing. The snow is only falling in a small area in front of him. Marf climbs a small hill and sees what looks like a portal to another area where the snow is coming from. Marf stops in front of it and stares inside. There’s a group of snow-covered skeletons staring back at him. They all reach out and point while simultaneously screaming out. It’s hard to tell at first but the keep repeating a phrase.

...come home...you must come home...you must...

Marf stands still, hypnotized by the voices of the strange, frozen skeletons. As Marf looks closer he can see pools of blood all around the group of skeletal friends he’s made. He raises his hand up carefully and places it just inches from the portal. He shuts his eyes for a moment and concentrates. Once he reopens his eyes he can see in front of him the scene has changed. There’s a colourful playground with Lycana and Reika waiting for him on the swings. The sun shines brightly and there is definitely no snow.

Marf closes his eyes again and focuses before opening them and seeing the snowy backdrop once more. He nods slowly in understanding and then shuts his eyes a last time. The scene again morphs and goes back to the sunshiny playground with Reika and Lycana. Marf walks through the portal and steps into the playground scene. He looks behind him as the portal closes up. A single, thick flake of snow floats down and lands on Marf’s outstretched hand. He watches it melt away before turning back to the girls. They call out to him.

Hurry up...come on already!

Marf jolts awake, lying in the bed he’s become familiar with. No sweat, no darkened circles ringing around his eyes. Just a pinch of confusion as he takes a breath and sits up in the bed. Marf slowly stretches, his bones creaking in disapproval and his joints aching as they awaken. He can smell breakfast, delicious pancakes beckoning for him to come downstairs.

Pancakes are ready Marf, hurry up! Come on already before Reika eats yours!

Marf chuckles and gets out of the bed. He rubs his back and stands up, pulling on a t-shirt before heading down for breakfast. Lycana gives him a smirk as he sits at the table where Reika grins at him, pieces of chewed pancake stuck in her teeth. Marf awkwardly pats her head before sliding his plate over and drowning it in syrup. Lycana sits with them and they enjoy the best pancakes in North America. Reika finishes first and hops up to go watch cartoons.

Ah ah! Dishes first then cartoons missy!

Fiiiiiiine!

Reika takes her dishes over to the sink and rinses them off before putting them into the dishwasher. She looks back at Lycana who smiles and nods. Reika claps and runs off to watch her cartoons while Marf smirks. Lycana looks back over to him.

I didn’t want to wake you earlier. You actually looked peaceful in your sleep for the first time...well, ever that I can think of. Did you get a good rest?

Marf: I don’t know if I’ve had a better sleep this year. Definitely not since joining the XWF I’ll say that. Even had a half decent dream in there.

Lycana pokes at her pancakes with her fork, swirling a piece through the thick syrup before looking back up at him.

Oh? Not like the ones you’ve been having? What was it about?

She pops the bite into her mouth, tilting an eyebrow up at him. He gobbles down a big bite before answering.

Nothing really just nice scenery. Then there was a portal to another spot that I was able to somehow change to a different area where you and Reika were. I think I can dream walk...

Lycana pauses, while sipping her juice, eyes wide over the rim of the glass as he delivers that bit of news. She slowly sets it down, shoving her plate to the side as she rests her elbows on the table, leaning forward towards him curiously.

What do you mean?

Marf polishes off his 6th pancake and slaps seven and eight onto his plate. He douses them in that gorgeous maple syrup he had shipped straight from Calgary...Alberta, Canada. He looks up and speaks before taking a bite.

Well I kinda just focused and thought about what I wanted and the portal changed to a playground with you and Reika. I stepped through it and I was with you both. I am no expert on this supernatural shit by any means but I feel like by killing the djinn I’ve increased some type of power within myself. If that makes sense?

Lycana contemplates getting up to make more pancakes, watching the pile dwindle quickly under his onslaught. She nods, letting his words rolls around in her mind, her expression thoughtful.

It makes sense. Without knowing more, maybe battling her in your dreams opened up the power to you, but she held you back from it, to keep control?

She rests her chin on her palm, sighing softly.

And now that she’s gone, you are free to explore it more? It had to have been there before. Do you feel different?

Marf devours the last of the pancakes before leaning back in his chair, his body language showing he’s full.

A bit, yeah. A mysterious sense of freedom is what I’m noticing most. I mean, it’s not like having powers in my dreams is gonna help much in a wrestling match but at least I don’t have some psycho trying to murder me every dream anymore.

He gulps down the last of his orange juice before scratching his chin and looking over to her.

Why are Main and Caedus coming after us? I’m not worried about facing them but I thought they were on the fuck BoB train similar to ourselves?

Well no, especially with Lane’s supernatural killing... whatever's he has going on at every arena. Hey, you ever wonder what prompted him to start using them in the first place?

Lycana flashes him a grin.

Ah, I don’t know. Maybe they thought we would be an easy win to try and get after Leap of Faith. Too damn bad they picked the wrong team to fuck with. Whether they hate BOB or not, I certainly don’t plan on taking it easy on them.

Hmm, true. I definitely look forward to giving those boys a solid whooping. Gonna show them how vast the depths of their stupidity is by challenging us. No different then our enemies it will be a fuck Main and fuck Caedus marathon this upcoming week...

He stops and turns to a gasp. Reika stands in the door frame pointing at Marf in shock.

You said a swear! I heard you! You said a bad word!

Marf throws his hands up in defense while looking over to Lycana for help. Lycana bites her lower lip, trying to suppress a chuckle. She sits back in her chair and enjoys as Reika storms into the kitchen like an avenging angel, to wag a finger in Marf’s face.

Swears are BAD! Lycana said so. She would never say a swear.

Reika looks at Lycana.

Right?

Lycana nods sagely, despite having just dropped a ‘fuck’ of her own.

Of course not! I can't believe you Marf... swearing in front of us like that.

Her voice takes on a teasing tone, knowing that she would likely pay for it somehow, but unable to resist. Marf squints at Lycana before turning back to apologize.

My deepest apologies! How can I make it up to you?

I wanna do the thing from the commercials.

What thing is that? You got it just let me know!

Lycana’s eyes grow wide in horror as she realizes what’s coming next.

I want to do the camping!

Shit.

The word pops out before she thinks about it. Reika whirls, accusation in her eyes, but before she can say a word Lycana is out of her chair.

Camping! Great! How about s’mores? You love s’mores. I love camping!

She HATED camping. Reika jumps up and down excitedly before running off to go pack. Lycana and Marf exchange nervous looks as we fade out.

Sometime later...

Marf: Well then, it’s certainly been a crazy and brutal few weeks. Going to war once again with the Bastards at Leap of Faith and falling just short of the goal to take those tag titles away. Things didn’t quite go to plan but there will be other days and other wars. The Dissentients’ business with Them No Good Bastards is far from over. But for now, we take the loss, brush ourselves off and hit the reset button. No giving up and definitely no giving in. We will just go right ahead and earn another shot at those tag titles.

The interesting twist lately is that we will run through the tag division once again while also destroying others in singles matches too. Just take a look at the Retro Anarchy that just took place. Lycana mopped the floor with Chris Page, pinning him in the middle of the ring. As for me, well a recent thorn in my side named Michael Graves was viciously removed. I stained the entire arena with his blood while the world watched what happens when you fuck with Marf.

Marf places a thumb on one side of his neck and makes a cutting motion slowly across his throat while staring wide eyed straight ahead.

Marf: So that of course brings us to the upcoming Warfare. The Dissentients going up against two thirds of Apex, Robert Main and Jim Caedus. You two blow hards just stumbled ass backwards into a challenge you will soon regret making. Are we supposed to be the ‘get back on the saddle’ team you pick up a hard earned victory over? Jimmy and Robby bond and hold hands for the win so they can wander off and do nothing with their momentum again. Real exciting stuff guys, truly.

Unfortunately, we’re not the bridge team you’re looking for. We’re not the stepping stones you two over the hill fucks want us to be. Maybe you should have gone after the Avalanche twats or the Fail-a-maniacs for the easy win. Instead you called out the Dissentients and now you will suffer the consequences. Not only are we going to beat the ever loving shit out of you two dingleberries but we’re going to walk away with the win. No momentum for Jimbo and his Main Dick, just another devastating loss.

You pathetic lads should have stuck to going after the BoB bitches instead of messing with us. We won’t need any baseball bats or suspicious stipulations to beat you either. Just a good old fashioned shit kicking courtesy of Lycana and yours truly. We’ll ensure that your performances on Warfare will be more underwhelming then what you accomplished at Leap of Faith. A whole pile of nothing. I’m sure your buddy Drew will be real proud of what you two have been up to lately.

And of course now I will wait for my favorite part of all this song and dance. The part where you two drone on about past accomplishments over losers I’m supposed to believe were legends and just accept at face value. As though this gives either of you nimrods a leg up on the tag match. So go ahead and blab on about how you beat what’s his fuck and underestimate the Dissentients, go right ahead. Watch where it fucking gets the pair of you. Watch the brights arena lights flicker as you struggle to stay conscious when it’s all said and done. And watch the Dissentients leave with the win while you two lie in broken heaps, trying to remember what the fuck just happened...

This would be a perfect spot to fade out except...he said it, didn’t he? Yup, there goes the eyes, rolling up into the back of his head. Been a while actually...

...remember...

...Remember...

...Remember...ys but also th...

... I remember back in DCW, not just the early days but also the days toward the end. When there seemed to be a new owner each month. The days where the company was in so much disarray financially that nobody was actually paying attention to what the roster was doing. The factions running each and every show as if it mattered. As if the wins even meant anything anymore. The titles all tarnished at this point. Some of them physically destroyed and lost forever.

Everyone became obsessed with money and being in the main event. Nobody paid attention to what a lone psychopath was getting up to in the background. The blinders of fame and fast money prevented anyone from noticing or caring when others began to go missing. The stench of greasy cash, hookers and blow seemed to override the lingering smell of death coming from my locker room. By the time the company was ushering in their eighth owner in twelve months I had murdered seven members of the roster and four from the ring crew. Oh and one audience member.

I remember stalking the hallways like a modern day Marf the Ripper. Those first twelve victims meant very little. It was lucky number thirteen that I had been waiting for the right opportunity. The one known as Laura The Butcher Simpson. Her and her little friend The Rook beat me in a handicap match over a year earlier. She held the victory over my head while never offering a rematch of any kind. Then she moved on to the tag division while I was alone and trapped in the singles division.

But one night the stars aligned. One night the opportunity arose. One fateful evening by pure luck I came upon Laura all by herself in the back. Her precious partner in random singles competition. I remember quietly approaching her from behind and whisking her away. Back to my locker room where she vomited from the smell. I had her strapped to the makeshift operating table in a matter of minutes. She tried screaming a few times but I smashed out her teeth to shut her up.

I remember what I did to her was so enjoyable that it made several hours feel like mere minutes. I carved and maimed her up in ways that could have made Ed Gein cringe. Once I was finished with her I chose to hang her from the ceiling so she would drop down in the middle of the next show. The last time Laura would ever be on television was when her remains dropped down and scarred a generation. This sent DCW into financial ruin to a point they would never recover from. They folded soon after and I was back looking for a new home to make new, bloody memories...

...Remember...memories...

...Remember...

...remember...

Marf snaps back to reality, escaping his memories for now as we fade out...

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Marf's post:
Atara Raven (06-13-2021), JimCaedus (06-14-2021), Lycana (06-13-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (06-18-2021), Theo Pryce (06-14-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (06-14-2021)