Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:04 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
I Am The Highway
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

06-11-2021, 06:06 PM

Quote:Go to Oglii
Meet a man named Batzorig
Hand him this note
Don’t ask questions
: Blue

(They were simple instructions. Perhaps too simple.

Before Centurion got on a plane to Mongolia, he received a letter giving him instructions. The letter wasn’t addressed, but the signature was by “Blue”, so clearly this was written by his enemy turned associate Mr. Blue, and it has something to do with the apparent heist he has been planning, which is somehow supposed to lead to Centurion regaining control of his old hotel.

We open up on the streets of Olgii, Mongolia – or, more appropriately, “street”. This remote town in Western Mongolia has approximately 30,000 people in it, and it would normally take close to 2 to 3 days to get there from the capital city by bus – unless you’re right, or you work for someone who is. Then a private helicopter can take you from Ulaanbaatar to Olgii in about four hours. Not the most inconspicuous ride in the world, but the people here seem to concerned about their own well being to really care.

Centurion is holding the letter he received in his right hand as he stands in front of a small, blue building. People with various goods walk behind him, as the sound of shopkeepers peddling their wares throughout the streets can be heard, as can the sound of camels walking on the poorly paved street. Centurion looks at the top of the building, where a crudely painted, wooden sign is the only thing that tips folks off to the fact that this is a store. The sign simply reads “Batzorig”. Centurion opens the front door and walks into the building.

The building is essentially one storefront, with various second-hand clothes scattered throughout the shop with very little care as to how they are presented. There are only two people in the store – a young woman, who is looking through a box of old, 1990’s era sports jerseys – and an old man, walking around with a cane. The old man spots Centurion walk into the store and gestures towards him, speaking to him in broken English with a thick Asian accent.)

Man: Yes, yes, come. Please shop. We have many clothes! Nice clothes. Very cheap!

(Centurion looks back at his letter and slowly walks toward the old man.)

Centurion: Yes, I think I’m supposed to be speaking with you – or, at the very least, you can point me in the right direction. I have this letter. Does this make any sense to you?

(Centurion hands the letter over to the old man, who squints to look at it. As he reads it, his eyes become more relaxed, and he calls over to the woman shopping.)

Man: Hilda…lock the door.

(The woman immediately stops leafing through the clothes as she fishes out a set of keys from her pocket. She locks the front door and pulls some blinds over the windows, blacking out the room and making it impossible to see inside. Immediately, the old man stands up straight and tosses his cane onto the counter. He begins walking normally and speaks to Centurion with no accent at all.)

Man: So, Mr. Blue roped in another one, did he? I guess congratulations are in order. Not many people make it into the inner circle. You’re either incredibly wise, or incredibly stupid.

Centurion: I’m assuming you’re Batzorig.

Man: Batzorig is what the locals call me. You can just call me Bart. And if you blow my cover, your name is going to wind up on the news. “Missing hiker found dead in Kazakhstan.” Understand?

(Centurion nods as Bart walks over to a wall, which has clothes sloppily hanging up over a rusted, metal bar. Bart grabs the bar and pulls it up, revealing a hidden room on the other side of the wall. Centurion follows Bart into the room, and inside are various high-priced suits of all different sizes and styles. Bart glances over several of the racks.)

Bart: Alright, let’s see what we need to get you here.

Centurion: A suit? Mr. Blue had me come all this way for a suit? I have plenty of suits.

Bart: Yes, and that is the problem – they’re yours. Blue is a control freak. Everything needs to be custom made for each job. Everything. It’s the only way he can make sure that there are no variables.

Centurion: …alright, well, I guess as long as he keeps it in house. So you obviously know what…

(Bart quickly stops looking at the suits and turns around, putting his finger to his lips and silencing Centurion.)

Bart: Say. Nothing. I enjoy this little thing known as “plausible deniability”. It’s to ensure that, if things ever get truly fucked and Interpol comes knocking down the door, I can say I’ve never heard of you and not be lying.

(Bart turns back to one of his racks of suits before grabbing one. The suit is light blue with white pinstripes. Bart glances over it for a few seconds before walking back over to Centurion.)

Bart: Here, try this on.

Centurion: Really? Don’t you think this is a bit…bright?

Bart: You are being paid to follow directions, not to ask questions.

(Bart takes the jacket off the hanger and motions to Centurion to turn around. Centurion does, and Bart slips the jacket on him before spinning him back to face him. Bart brushes some wrinkles out of the jacket and buttons the top button as he looks it over.)

Bart: Hmm…seems like it fits nicely.

Centurion: I look like I’m going to a beach party in Miami…in the 70’s.

Bart: And as far as I know, that’s exactly what you’re doing.

(Bart reaches into his pocket and pulls out a tape measure.)

Bart: Arms out.

(Centurion does as instructed, and Bart begins to measure underneath Centurion’s arms. As he does, he makes idle chit chat.)

Bart: So, how did you get roped into this? Paying off a debt? Spent time in prison and now you have nowhere else to turn. I’ve heard pretty much all of them.

Centurion: Actually, I was once one of Mr. Blue victims. He scammed me out of several million dollars over a decade ago.

Bart: Ah, the old “can’t beat them, join them.” Arms down.

(Bart begins to measure Centurion’s pant leg. After he’s done taking a few measurements, he pulls a small notebook and a pencil out of his jacket pocket and begins to write something down.)

Bart: You tell Mr. Blue, next time he comes knocking, that the threads will be ready and waiting before the job starts. He’ll know what to do from there.

(Bart closes his notebook and places it back inside his jacket pocket.)

Centurion: So…that’s it? We’re done?

Bart: There’s one more thing…

(Bart walks away from Centurion and to the corner of the room, where a small glass box is sitting. He opens the top of the box and pulls something out before walking back over to Centurion.)

Bart: I have to admit, when Mr. Blue told me he was getting a rookie, you were the last thing I had envisioned in my mind. Personally, I don’t know if you would have made the cut if I were in charge, but Mr. Blue brought you in – and I don’t question Mr. Blue. Ever.

(Bart shows Centurion what he was holding – a watch.)

Bart: Zebra wood, infused with pine, finished in Arabian oil. Polished to shine. There are over 3,000 moving parts in this watch, keeping perfect mechanical time – almost atomic time. This will be the final accessory to your suit. This watch is worth more than any house or building in all of Mongolia. If anyone in this town knew I had this in my possession, they would murder me for it. This isn’t small time stuff, rookie. You’re talking the big leagues here. Don’t cock it up.

------I Am Not Your Carpet Ride------

Oh Chris Page, how much I despise you.

Let’s take the whole BOB thing out of the equation. The fact that you found another band of wayward wrestlers to trust you and call you “Daddy” is no surprise to me. It’s been the thing you have done for the past 20 years, and I doubt that will ever change. Even when you’re 80, you’re going to be surrounded by a bunch of dumbasses who think you have their best intentions in your heart, and ultimately you’re going to stab them in the back, because it’s just what you do. It’s your nature. So have fun, it’s not really my concern.

No, I hate you for a variety of other reasons. I hate you because you’ve never done a single honorable thing in your entire life. If there is a corner that exists, you cut it. Everything you want, you just take – there is no line for you. There is no asking. You rule your own world like a dictator.

I hate you because of the lives you’ve destroyed along the way, not the very least my own. I was doing great things with my life before I shook your hand and became your partner in WGWF. I didn’t want to destroy you, I wanted to BECOME you. I wanted the WGWF to worship me like they worshipped you. I originally saw you as an enemy, then I saw you as the model, and that set me down a path that lead me to losing everyone who was ever important in my life.

Most importantly, I hate you because you’re so damn talented at all of it. Everyone who wants to climb to the top of the mountain and burn every bridge along the way models their career after you. Sure, every young punk who wants to sound cool will try to deny it, but there is no denying it. You have been the model of evil greatness for the past 20 years.

And any other person in my situation would point to you dropping the Universal Title and laugh, but the truth is, you lost it on a cash in. You lost it the cheap ass way. You were the only one who actually won the belt without cashing in, and no one was able to legitimately take the belt from you. As far as I’m concerned, you’re still the Universal Champion.

And yet, NONE of that is going to stop me from kicking your ass.

I’m better than 99% of this roster, and I am mad as hell that I haven’t been proving that lately. People don’t look at me and see the “legend” anymore – they see a guy stuck in neutral, who isn’t going anywhere, and who has been relegated to opening matches on nothing cards. That doesn’t make me sad, Page. That pisses me off, and I know I can beat up on every Themis in the world, but people’s opinion of me isn’t going to change. You know what would, though?

Beating Chris Page. Yeah, that would be a nice little feather in my cap, wouldn’t it?

And you know that. That’s why you asked for this match. You want to add me to the list of legends you have slain, but you don’t want to beat me when I’m considered “weak” and broken down. No, you want me to be as motivated as possible. You want the win to mean something. Of course, you’re under the assumption that you can’t lose, so you want to stack the deck in my favor as much as possible, so the victory is just that much sweeter when it comes. Does that sound about right, Page? You don’t have to tell me – I already know.

As much as I hate to admit it, the two of us have a very similar mind for the game. We can both spot talent. We both know what the people cheer for. We can both see the future coming from a mile away, and we’re both desperately holding on to make sure that future includes us. The difference is, you’ll do anything to stay at the top of the mountain, even if it means setting fire to everything around you. I can’t do that. I’ve seen what it does to people, and when I’m lying on my death bed, I still want to maintain a shred of my humanity.

But for you, Page? I can leave my humanity behind.

Beating you will be a God damn pleasure, not just because it kickstarts my career, and not just because I get to have my hand raised against the best in the game today, but because I know how much it would piss you off – and not in that typical “I lost a match and now I’m going to pout” way, either. No, losing to me would bring it’s own special level of anger out of you. I’m not the one person who shouldn’t lose to – I’m the one person you CAN’T lose to. After all these years of telling me just how much better you are than me, seeing my hand raised in victory would leave you in a headspace you’ve never been in.

And what about the other side of the coin? What would I be like if I won? Well, you already know the answer to that, don’t you? I’d be an unbearable little fuck. I would get a plaque made that acknowledge that achievement. I would paint it on the side of a fucking bus. I would add my own separate title just for that. “Centurion – Most Ever Wins, 8 Time Canadian Champion, 3 Time World Champion, Beat Chris Page.”

“But Cent, you should act like you’ve been there before.” Yeah, I’d say the same thing to pretty much anyone else facing any other opponent, but this is me, and this is Chris Page. Fuck humility. I know for a fact that Page is going to hold a funeral for my career if he beats me, so why would I not parade around like I won the World Series if I beat him?

I know what you’re going to do before you even do it, Page. You’re likely going to come down to the ring on your own. You’re going to want to prove to the world that you can beat me on your own. That would be the ultimate humiliation, wouldn’t it? After all this talk of you cutting corners, if you just turned around and pinned me clean, center of the ring? That’s your ultimate goal here. And you’re not going to do it with finesse – no, you’re going to try and pound the unholy shit out of me. You’re going to try to make me beg for mercy. There won’t be a whole lot of rest holds, but there will be a bunch of knees and elbows, and I’m very likely going to be busted open at some point in the match. I’ll concede all of that.

But then, the match is going to go on. And you’re going to continue to pound me…but you’re not going to put me away. So you’ll do a couple of underhanded things – things you didn’t actually want to do because you wanted to embarrass me. And those things aren’t going to work. And THAT is when BOB will get involved – and, if I have to guess, it’s likely not going to be TK or Robbie or Osira or anyone I had a past history with, but it will be that spineless dolt Dixon who will do your bidding the moment you snap your fingers. And when THAT doesn’t work?

Well…then you’re all out of tricks, aren’t you, Page?

Your comeback doesn’t start this week, Page – mine does. You had your time. You enjoyed coming out with that title belt week after week, hearing all the boos from the fans who hate your guts, all while those hopelessly devoted to you continue to pat you on the back and tell you just how cool you are. You had that. Now it’s my turn. I’m tired of young punks coming into this federation thinking I’m going to propel them and their career, while old guys from the past continue to pour dirt on me, thinking I’m finally out of your hair forever. Sorry to tell you this, sweet cheeks – I’m not going anywhere, and there isn’t anything you can do to me in this match that will change that. You can lay me in the middle of the ring, blood pouring out of every hole I have in my body, with all of your BOB buddies standing over me, and you know what’s going to happen? I’m going to get stitched up, rest up, and I’ll be back. Could you say the same, Page? If the roles are reversed, and I’m the one standing over your body while you collect your teeth, would you just pick yourself up off the mat and move on? Or would you sit in the locker room, thinking long and hard about your career, and how maybe, since you can’t even “beat Centurion”, perhaps it’s time to hang it up?

God, I hope so. The erection I would have if I derailed the career of the almighty Chris Page would rival any redwood in all of California.

There is one thing I can give you credit for, Page. You will, without a doubt, make me better. If that was your ultimate goal, than congratulations. You succeeded. I hope you find comfort in that victory after you meet your…

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Centurion's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (06-11-2021), Atara Raven (06-11-2021), Corey Smith (06-11-2021), Ned Kaye (06-11-2021), Theo Pryce (06-19-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Centurion's post!
ALIAS (06-11-2021)