Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:40 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Hobbes and Men
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

06-09-2021, 01:12 PM

Tonight had not been like the others. It was almost like they’d given up. Not a single felon in sight. Only clean streets, citizens on their best behavior, and therefore a Super Dear’O who could go home unscathed. Untouched, even. For all intents and purposes, Ruby had to be ecstatic. Not just because of what she (didn’t) witness(ed) tonight, but because of what had happened professionally. At Leap of Faith?

She went huff and puff and blew B.O.B.’s head off.

But the Brotherhood of Baddies was like a hydra in more ways than one. Since then, it felt like five more heads had appeared. And Ruby wondered… How could this still feel like a losing battle after beating the Big Bobby Baddie in Chief? And how come the cleanest Chicago streets she had seen in her lifetime didn’t give her the satisfaction she thought they would?

As she changed from her uniform to her civilian clothing, Centurion gently approached her from the side. Without saying a word, he wrapped his palm around her temple and drew her closer. She instinctively placed her cheek on one of his pectorals. A natural, smooth and comforting transition.

Centurion: “Something’s on your mind.”

It wasn’t a question, but a statement. They’d known each other long enough for them to sense when something was off. Ruby sighed and nodded.

Ruby: “You know it.”

Her boyfriend took her by the hand and guided her towards the couch, where he poured a glass of cognac for her, and offered his listening ear.

Centurion: “Talk to me.”

Ruby: “You’re an educated man, my guy. You’ve you’re your philosophers, right?”

Centurion: “Are we talking Plato, Aristotle and Socrates, or Nietzche, Kant and Hegel?”

Ruby: “None of those. I was just thinking of a certain quote. ‘When all the world is overcharged with inhabitants, then the last remedy of all is war, which provideth for every man, by victory or death.’”

Centurion :”Hobbes?”

Ruby: “Precisely. And I mean, I’ve given the dude’s thoughts a lot of thought, if you catch my drift. I can kinda get behind his social contract, where enforcing law and serving common protection is what gives a government legitimacy. And how that legitimacy is lost when you start favoring the strong over the weak. It’s all pretty inspiring, as you may have noticed whenever I go out to enforce the law and protect the people.
But it also got me thinking… When the B.O.B. started out, they were barely a nuisance. An insect you could step up for your amusement, which I never did because that’s a telltale sign of a psycho. And then, seemingly almost overnight they exploded. So I thought Hobbes’ rules meant they’d take care of themselves. Let them overcrowd. Let them become too big for their own shoes, too big for their own egos. They WILL turn on each other, and they WILL destroy each other. Flip, when Raven declared war on them a few months ago, little old me told him he needn’t bother!”

Centurion: “Yes, we don’t HAVE to talk about James Raven, you know. I mean, not if you don’t want to.”

Ruby giggled and rubbed Centurion’s stomach.

Ruby: “Aww, my jelly belly, how many times do I need to tell you that I much prefer your abs to his? I like something I can rest my head on. Anyway, that’s not the point I was trying to make. What I’m trying to say is: what if I was wrong?”

Centurion: “You won’t catch me saying that. I said you were wrong about how this apartment totally needs a disco ball, and now we can’t go two consecutive nights without Barry White and the Bee Gees bouncing off our walls.”

Ruby: “Which is why I love you, because you let me do that silly stuff. Anyway, I’m just saying… What if I was wrong? What if I wasn’t being smart, but simply being negligent? What if I wasn’t trusting the process, but simply being irresponsible? Because I beat Miss Fury at Leap of Faith, which I’m sure you recall.”

Centurion: “Of course, I was superkicking all of the BWO when you were doing it.”

Ruby: “Yeah, and you did an awesome job, superstar! But my point is that I BEAT her! And it barely slowed her down. Look at her! War Games Captain!”

Centurion: “ A poisoned chalice, to be fair.”

Ruby: “And the B.O.B. expanded on that very night!”

Centurion: “True. A mistake you can rectify at OUR show!”

Ruby: “Can I? What if my negligence cost me, cost all of the XWF, a chance at ‘peace in our lifetime’? Maybe I was just… arrogant?”

Ruby’s last word was barely uttered. More of a whimper than a whisper. As if she was saying the truth she didn’t want to hear.

But Centurion grabbed her by the chin and directed her eyes into his.

Centurion: “You know, I usually scold people who call you arrogant. Because that’s the last word anyone should associate with you.”

Ruby smiled. Hearing him say that made it all seem so much better.

Ruby: “Oh well. I guess you’re right, as usual. Well, as almost always. Almost. For now, let’s just have some fun. Our Anarchy show is going to knock some socks off, and I get to do what I do best!”

Centurion: “Defeat the bad guys?”

Ruby: “…do what I do second best! Win at carnival games! I’ve set an Ontario record at the ‘Ottawa Fairground of Flights and Fancy’ when it comes to fun houses!! So let them throw at me whatever they got. It’s all about speed and agility in this one. Never about numbers. Anarchy will be fun! And games! And the entire world will be reminded, once again, that CentRubion should totally have held tag team gold by now, I mean what the flip, right!?”

Centurion grinned, and nodded.

Centurion: “Well, whatever may have been, I’m just glad I did it with you!”

Ruby: “Language! …also, same.”

*fin*

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (06-09-2021), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (06-09-2021), Atara Raven (06-09-2021), Game Girl (06-09-2021), Miss Fury (06-09-2021), Theo Pryce (06-10-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ruby's post!
Dolly Waters (06-09-2021)