Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-18-2024, 05:49 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Anarchy Boards » Anarchy RP Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Decency
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

05-05-2021, 08:14 PM

Ruby was driving her RuMoByle home. It looked like a can of shoddily painted corned beef, but she loved the old tin can. They’d been through a lot together, after all. She’d just finished her patrol. Whoever claimed that vigilantism didn’t work had clearly not seen the fruits of her labor. Jaywalking was, by her estimations, down by at least 13 percent, and purse snatching by 9%! Ruby was certain it was down to word spreading fast down the criminal underbelly of Chicago that a certain banana-lime terror was on their case.

She had an incoming call. Obviously she didn’t really condone calling while driving, but she had a wireless Bluetooth earpiece that made sure she didn’t have to take her hands off the steering wheel. GO safe driving!

Centurion: “Hey there. Finishing up?”

Ruby: “You know it, my mans. I’m on my way back.”

Centurion: “Want me to order in?”

Ruby could sense Centurion’s somber undertone. The loss to Thunder Knuckles and Bourbon did not sit well with him, that much was clear. Ruby was disappointed herself, but no defeat was ever going to stop her from fighting for the right cause. It was much more important not to lose herself along the way, and stay true to what she stood for. The upcoming tag match against Miss Fury and Osira could potentially be a turning point. The B.O.B.’s head honcho herself, and one of the Themises? Most would see this as an opportunity for vengeance and blood. Ruby mostly saw it as an opportunity to expose Miss Fury for what she really was… The saying went ‘in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king’, but in this case it was a blind woman leading a heap of one-eyed fools. All Miss Fury had was an illusion. Her entire grip over the B.O.B. and the XWF was nothing but a carefully built construct, and in truth it was as rickety as an old cabin in a tornado. This match was an opportunity to kick the legs out from under that construct… and this time, she was going to be ready for whatever Fury had planned for her post-match.

Ruby: “Pizza sounds nice. I’ll be there in a few.”

Centurion: “Will do. See you later, babe.”

The phone disconnected. Ruby was a bit worried about Centurion. It wasn’t like he was short or distant with her, but it was clear that he was angry, and that there was violence and aggression brewing underneath that incredibly handsome face of his. Part of her wanted to try and calm him down a bit, allow him to take a deep breath and make him realize that defeating an organization like the B.O.B. didn’t happen overnight. Its roots were too deep, its influence too widespread. But then again, Centy was a grown man who had seen as much as Ruby had, if not more. He wasn’t a baby that needed coddling, and she respected him way too much to see him that way. She’d be there for him if he needed her, always. But she also knew Centurion didn’t need a shoulder to cry on, he needed a face to punch in. And granted, Miss Fury had a very punchable face.

She stopped before a red light, as all good citizens do. She tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, waiting for the green li-…

*BANG*!

The RuMoByle shot forward for about a yard as a large pick-up truck rear-ended it. Ruby’s neck momentarily snapped back, but other than that, she didn’t suffer any ill effects. The smoke coming out of the trunk, however, worried her much more. She got out of the car, as the other driver exited his truck, which barely had a scratch.

Driver: “Hey, are you stupid or what?”

Ruby: “Stupid? Moi? Didn’t you see the red light?”

The driver got in her face. She could smell the alcohol on his breath, and noticed the glassy look in his eyes.

Driver: “I barely saw your little clown car, that’s for sure.”

Ruby took a look at her poor old tin can. The entire back was folded up like a lawn chair.

Ruby: “Clown car? You just totaled my RuMoByle! And you’ve been drinking!”

Driver: “Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do about it?”

Ruby: “Do you wanna find out?”

The driver rolled his eyes, and attempted to get back in his truck and drive off.

Ruby: “Hey! I was talking about filling in INSURANCE PAPERS, dummy!”

Driver: “Get out of my way, you carnival freak!”

He closed his door and pressed the gas, but Ruby was having none of it. If he wasn’t going to play by the rules, then he had just messed with the wrong vigilante. She closed the distance between herself and the truck in the blink of an eye, and leapt through the open window.

Ruby: “What do you think this is, anarchy? Think you can just do whatever you want and get away with it? There are consequences to your actions, you know! It’s called being part of civilization.”

Ten seconds later, after the smallest of skirmishes, the driver was lying face-down on the ground with his hands tied behind his back. Ruby nodded approvingly and activated her Go-Pro.

Ruby: “My flippies! Welcome to another episode of ‘See What Happens If You Don’t Play By The Rules’. This guy here believes the rules don’t apply to him. This guy, like Miss Fury and Osira, thinks that he lives in a world free of consequences. But the truth is that justice always prevails. The forces of good will always come and get you, no matter how long it takes, or how many times you got away with it before. And he’s a reminder that even if you make a mistake, you can still have the common decency to do the right thing. Let that be a lesson, my guys. GO COMMON DECENCY!! Now, where are those insurance papers…?”

*end of broadcast*

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (05-07-2021), ALIAS (05-05-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Ruby's post!
Miss Fury (05-06-2021)