Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:22 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Shove-It! Boards » Shove-It! RP Board
Overcoming Flippin' Difficulities
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

04-23-2021, 02:04 PM

------Immediately Following The Events Of Saturday Night Savage------

(He could have sent over a driver. He could have sent a limo. He could have called for a car to be ready for a pick up.

But not this week. Not this time. He needed to be there, himself.

On Saturday Night Savage, not only was Ruby unsuccessful in her Splat! Title match, but she was also viciously assaulted by Miss Fury to the point of a potential injury on her shoulder. Attacks on Ruby by Miss Fury and the rest of BoB was not a new occurrence, but this was different. This was an attempt to put Ruby out of action – if not permanently, then at least temporarily. The fact that Centurion and Ruby are set to fight for the tag team titles against members of that very stable is not lost on Centurion.

We open up just outside one of the front terminal doors at Chicago O’Hare Airport. There, we see Centurion standing on the sidewalk, pacing back and forth with a clove cigarette in his mouth. Taxis and drive share cars park next to him, picking up their passengers, and leaving, but Centurion seems completely unphased by the traffic, both from the vehicles on the road next to him, and from the pedestrians coming in and out of the airport. In fact, Centurion is pacing as if no other people in the world exist except for the person stepping off the plane yards away from him. At some point, a security guard approaches Centurion and stands in front of him.)

Security: Sir, you can’t smoke here.

Centurion: Who are you, my mother? Get fucked.

(The security guard crosses his arms in front of him, clearly not amused by Centurion’s brash attitude. Centurion looks the security guard in the eyes and thinks for a second “if I punch this guy, what happens?” Images of federal agents tackling him to the ground, followed by a news story of the professional wrestler arrested for making terroristic threats at an airport flash through his mind. He lets out a frustrated sigh before taking the cigarette out of his mouth and crushing it on the sidewalk. The guard says nothing – he just turns and walks away. Centurion stares daggers into the back of his head while mumbling under his breath.)

Centurion: Prick.

(Centurion doesn’t have to pace much longer, though, as the Banana Lime Blur walks out from inside the airport. Over one shoulder, she is carrying her gym bag. The other shoulder and arm is in soft sling. Centurion sprints up to Ruby and immediately wraps her arms around her waist.)

Centurion: Oh my God, are you ok?

Ruby: I’m fine.

(Ruby’s voice isn’t very convincing, which is the first thing Centurion notices.)

Centurion: Let me take you to the hospital…

Ruby: No need, I already got checked out before I got in the plane. I just want to get home, take a bath, and relax so I can heal up for next week.

Centurion: Next week?! Babe, I don’t give a Flying Velociraptor about next week. You need to take some time away and heal up. Here, let me carry that.

(Centurion reaches up to grab Ruby’s gym bag, but Ruby quickly turns to brush him away.)

Ruby: No! Stop that. I said I’m fine. You need to stop babying me.

Centurion: I’m not babying you. I’m just trying to help.

Ruby: I know you are, and I appreciate it, but this is not the way to help me. I got beat up. I’m getting pretty used to it. Reverse the roles for one second. If you just had your shoulder nearly ripped out of your arm, and you knew we had a tag team match for the belts next week, what would you do?

Centurion: I’d probably cut the thing off in order to avoid letting you down.

Ruby: And if I ran up to you and told you how worried I was about you, and how you needed to take a bit of time away from the ring in order to heal, what would you say to me?

(Centurion sighs as he puts his head down.)

Centurion: …I’d tell you to trust me, and that I know what I’m doing.

Ruby: Trust me. I know what I’m doing.

Centurion: You know I hate it when you do the stupid things that I do.

Ruby: Be me sometime.

(Ruby takes off her gym bag and drapes it around Centurion’s shoulder.)

Ruby: Now you can carry this.

(Centurion lets out a light chuckle as Ruby walks ahead of him. He slightly shakes his head as he walks beside her, away from the gates entrance and toward a parking garage.)

Centurion: We have to do something about this, though. You can’t just be out there, taking a beating week after week. We need to do something about this.

Ruby: Like what? Firecracker in the toilet? Because I’m a big fan of firecracker in the toilet.

Centurion: I’m not opposed to the idea, but we need something bigger. Right now, Miss Fury continues to target you because she thinks she can get away with it. And, until now, she really has. All of BoB has. They have been completely unchecked for the past month and a half.

Ruby: Well, I’m trying as hard as I can, but it’s tough. I had Tula by my side, but then she went all goth and decided to join a cult, and it seems like everyone else on Anarchy, and really the rest of the XWF, just want to be bad guys. If you have any suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

Centurion: Yeah…see, that’s the problem. I don’t. I think, for the first time in my career, I am completely at a loss for what to do. And it frustrates me. It frustrates me like nothing else does.

(Centurion stops walking, which causes Ruby to stop, as well. She turns toward Centurion with worrying eyes, but she does not say anything.)

Centurion: If it were me getting the crap beat out of me every week, I think it would be easier for me. Seeing it happen to you, for no other reason but you decided to be a good person, well…that’s difficult to do. And if I start showing up every week, then everyone will think I’m there to “protect” you, which I’m not…but I also am.

(Ruby walks up to Centurion and places her hand on his shoulder.)

Ruby: Listen. My mans. You need to get it together. I am not fragile. See?

(Ruby moves her arm that is in a sling around in order to show off her mobility.)

Ruby: It’s sore. I’m used to being sore. But I’m alright, and I’m going to be even better next week. You want to do something about what is going on? Then let’s take the tag team titles away from BoB. I promise you, that will hurt them far more than any attack you can plan. I have faith in you that you can get the job done. Do you have faith in me?

(The words struck through Centurion like a knife. That has been his problem all along – he hasn’t had faith in Ruby’s ability to fight off this challenge. At least, not internally. He knows she’s a great wrestler. He knows she has overcome a ton of adversity. But he is so used to placing himself into certain situations that it’s impossible to detach himself from it. If Centurion were in Ruby’s shoes, he probably wouldn’t be able to fight off the massive threat that is BoB. But Ruby is not Centurion…

…she’s better.)

------From The Go-Pro!------

Centurion: Greetings, fine folks of the world! If the set up looks a little different this week, it’s because we’ve dumped the usual expensive cameras and sound systems, and instead, we’re going with…

Ruby (behind the camera): The Go-Pro!

Centurion: I know this is a good idea…I can’t possibly tell you WHY…

Ruby: Because people love the Go-Pro! It makes it more relatable. And, you finally have a tape you can send Atara so she can stop bugging you.

Centurion: I doubt this is the tape she’s going to want to watch. She wants to watch the one we filmed while we were in Nova Scotia…

Ruby: Stay on task, please!

Centurion: Right, sorry. So here we are, over one week away from MayDay at Coreytopia! What an absolutely weird concept at an even weirder location.

Ruby: Nothing weird about the concept, my mans. It’s a celebration of workers around the world! The backbone of the economy!

Centurion: Right, allow me to rephrase. It’s a weird concept based on who is putting it together. I never saw Dolly Waters and Corey Smith to be the folks who represented the everyday hard working person, but then again, I’m rich, white, and a Democrat, so I guess weird things can happen.

Ruby: Stereotyping is bad.

Centurion: Thank you. But this event isn’t just some regular show. It’s bigger than that. This show will crown a number one contender for the Universal Title, feature a match between Alias and the King of the XWF, and, most importantly…it will see a tag team battle for the ages. Centurion and Ruby…

Ruby: The Sisterhood of Besties!

Centurion: Nope, nope, that name’s been changed. We are Centrubion now.

Ruby: I don’t remember ever agreeing to that. Was that Snack-A-Lackers idea?

Centurion: It absolutely sounds like a Sarah Lacklan creation. And we will be facing the tag team champions. Representing BoB. A tag team so annoying they sell a cream to contain the itch. It’s Robbie Bourbon and Thunder Knuckles. Them No Good Bas…

Ruby (interrupting): BEEEEEP!!

Centurion: Though, because I’d rather not have to hear Ruby censor me every other sentence, I have decided to only refer to the team as TNGB from now on. So, what do we know about TNGB? Well, they have the backing of the largest organization within professional wrestling. They are featured on what appears to be every single show throughout the course of a month. Like, seriously, these dudes don’t stay home. And the team consists of two good wrestlers who could easily be GREAT wrestlers if either of them gave a flip.

Ruby: Are you saying Robbie and Thunder don’t care?

Centurion: I’m saying they’re coasting. They are resting on their laurels. Which I understand. I’ve been there, MULTIPLE times. I know what it’s like to be comfortable, and that is where TNGB are right now. They’re comfortable.

Robbie has never truly applied himself, though I will say, the fact that he can wrestle in that many matches at his size without suffering a massive heart attack is actually pretty darn impressive. I’m honestly not even joking. I’ve seen dudes look like Robbie and completely fizzle out of the business after a couple of years because their bodies just can’t take it, so fair play to Robbie for doing the bare minimum it takes to still be a professional wrestler.

And Thunder Knuckles? Well, he has taken a really interesting career path so far, hasn’t he? He started out his career in the XWF not really caring about wins and losses. He just wanted to get paid. Then, he started actually winning a couple of matches. He saw it felt pretty good. So he applied himself a bit more. Now, he’s no longer taking pins for XBux, but rather competing for titles and trying his hardest…kind of.

Ruby: Kind of?

Centurion: Talent comes in a variety of different forms. Some folks are just born naturally gifted. There was going to be no other career path for them – they were made to be athletes. There are others who are hard workers, and who fight and scratch and crawl their way to the top. These are the folks that break their bodies and their very souls in an attempt to become the greatest wrestler in the world. And then there are folks…like Thunder Knuckles. These are the wrestlers who don’t have genetic superiority. Sure, they’re big, and they can take a few hits, and even dish out some of their own, but they weren’t born into the industry. Still, you can see the skill is there. If you look underneath the surface, you see the frame of someone who could be really good. But that takes works…and Thunder Knuckles isn’t going to do the work. And honestly, neither is Robbie Bourbon.

Ruby: But they’re the tag team champions! Obviously, they’re good enough to win titles in the XWF.

Centurion: Dean Rose is a champion in the XWF, but I wouldn’t call him a peak physical specimen by any means.

And look, I’m not saying Robbie and Thunder are bad by ANY means, but they’ve accepted their roles as enforcers. Henchmen. Canon fodder for Chris Page and Miss Fury. If Robbie and Thunder had the gumption to be truly elite, they would not accept a supporting role. I mean, it’s the very thing folks like them criticized me for for years. I was always “second fiddle” to Steve Jason, then “James Raven’s backup” and on and on, and it was an attack line that was used prior to almost all of my matches; and yet, Robbie and Thunder take a backseat to the top guys in BoB, and people not only don’t make fun of them for it, but they ENCOURAGE it. “TNGB, they’re one of the best acts in the XWF! Look how funny they are! They’re bringing back the tag team division!”, which is hilarious, because I don’t remember anyone saying the tag division was bad when Corey, Thad, and Doc held the belts. People get selective memory when it comes to that stuff, I guess.

Ruby: You can’t judge everything by the discussions that happen in the locker room. Most of the people in there are members of BoB anyway. Of course they’re going to talk positively about their own.

Centurion: And perhaps that is true. Maybe BoB has diseased the XWF to the point where anything a member of that bloated stable does is considered to be great and wonderful, and anything done by literally anyone else is considered boring and lame. Guaranteed, if we were to win the tag team titles, clean in the middle of the ring, the very next day BoB would put out a statement talking about how we are “soiling the legacy of the titles”. They won’t even realize how much of a self-own it is.

But I also doubt they will care. Somehow, they have so many members of the roster wrapped around their fingers that it’s no longer a stable – it’s a cult. Both Themis sisters are in it just seemingly out of nowhere. Money Oswald continues to finance it, despite constantly being belittled by the other members of the stable. Andre Dixon had the opportunity to make a huge name for himself, and yet he decided to just hitch his entire career onto the back of CCP and the rest of BoB. I don’t know if there was some hypnosis session that we weren’t invited to, or what happened.

Ruby: Every week, they would run these commercials telling people to “join BoB.” Maybe it was mind control thing.

Centurion: I wouldn’t put it past them. I also wouldn’t put it past them to have members of the XWF front office on their pay roll. After all, the XWF seems to LOVE all the publicity BoB brings them. Vinnie is probably rolling around in Oswald’s cash right now.

They feel like they own the world right now, and why shouldn’t they? They have the top prize in the company. They have the tag team titles. They control a large portion of the roster, and they even have their own wrestling show, using XWF’s time slot, coming up. BoB is building an empire…but all empires fall. Eventually, they get too big. They spread themselves too thin. And they start to fall apart.

Thunder, Robbie, I don’t know what you plan on telling your bosses after you lose next Saturday. Maybe you will convince them it was a fluke. Maybe you’ll say we cheated. Maybe you’ll say it’s all “fake news”, and make yourselves your own titles so you don’t have to acknowledge ever actually losing. If I were you, I’d start coming up with your story now, because MayDay is coming, and those tag team titles are coming home with us, after you meet your…

Ruby:

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Centurion's post:
Atara Raven (04-26-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (04-27-2021), Ruby (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (05-01-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 6 users Hate Centurion's post!
"Big Puddin'" Herschel Kiss (04-23-2021), ALIAS (04-27-2021), Chris Page (04-23-2021), Miss Fury (04-23-2021), Theo Pryce (05-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (04-23-2021)