Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:01 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
You Got Me So I Don't Know What I'm Doing
Centurion Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

04-23-2021, 02:13 PM

Centurion: Do you really think she’s going to like this?

(Centurion’s schedule has drastically picked up over the past few weeks.

After taking part in the joint UGWC/Carnage show Incursion, Centurion has decided to increase his wrestling commitments in the XWF. This, despite the fact that he is still a champion in the UGWC, he is still 44 years old, and he still has a lot of millage on his body. This is primarily due to seeing his girlfriend, Ruby, competing nearly every week while also fighting against the odds and facing off in a war practically by herself. The least Centurion could do is be there more often to help in the battle.

Oh, and buy her gifts once and a while.

We open up inside a comic book store in Chicago, Illinois. There, we see Centurion and his sister Allison standing in front of the counter, as the man behind places a graphic novel in a protective bag. Centurion has a bit of a worried look on his face, as he glances over at Allison.)

Allison: I don’t know. I don’t know shit about comics, and I barely know Ruby. If you don’t know what she likes by now, you’re in far more trouble than you think you are.

Centurion: I mean, I know she’s going to LIKE it. Problem is, I don’t know if she’s going to LOVE it. She’s going to say she does. That’s just her personality. But this isn’t some ordinary gift. This is supposed to be a “sorry you continuously get your ass kicked, here is something to make you feel better” gift, so I want it to be special.

Allison: Ah yes, well in that case, let me reach back into my memory and think of all the “sorry you continuously get your ass kicked” gifts, and I’ll let you know what has worked best for me.

Centurion: Really?

Allison: No, dumbass! That’s not a thing!

(The man behind the counter hands the bag back over to Centurion, who takes it as he and Allison begin to walk toward the door.)

Centurion: Well, what did you do when Jocelyn was constantly getting her face caved in? I’m sure you didn’t just sit around and do nothing.

Allison: Besides helping her plot revenge, I usually kept her wine glass full and got her gear ready for the next week. Also, I listened to her, something you need to work on. Ruby is fine, and she’s going to continue to be fine. Yes, she’s stubborn as shit when it comes to asking for help, but so are you. It’s almost like you two were meant for each other.

Centurion: Yeah, that’s not good. I can barely stand me. I would hate to date me.

Allison: Try being your sister.

(The two reach the front door of the comic shop and take a few steps out onto the sidewalk. Immediately, a man with a microphone, followed by a person with a large television camera, runs up to the two of them, with the interview sticking his microphone right in Centurion’s face.)

Interviewer: Mr. Cortinovis. How do you feel about the X-Treme Wrestling Federation silencing conservative voices?

Centurion: The fuck is this now?

Interviewer: You have said in the past that you believe people should have the right to free speech, but your employer, the X-Treme Wrestling Federation, has consistently silenced the views of conversatives and banned critics of the current administration from speaking out. How do you justify that hypocrisy?

(Centurion gets a really confused look on his face as he glances over at Allison. Allison has a look of concern, knowing full well that that situation could go south at any moment. Centurion attempts to back up from the interview, but the interview keeps inching closer to him in an attempt to box him out.)

Centurion: I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. The XWF isn’t “banning” anyone, especially not conservatives, I can promise you that.

Interviewer: The XWF sponsored the murder of a conservative critic, Holy Roman War Horse, at your hands. Would this have happened if he was a liberal?

Centurion: Hey, War Horse ASKED for that match. I was more than willing to just pin him in the ring...

Interviewer: (interrupting) The XWF have banned professional wrestler Nathanial Idenhaus for his conservative view points. If a business were to fire someone simply for being a liberal, they would get sued. Why is it ok for the XWF to do it to a conservative?

Centurion: Nathanial Ide...NAZI?! You’re upset because they got rid of NAZI, who...I mean, he was literal God damn Nazi!

Interviewer: So it’s ok for someone to be banned and labeled a Nazi just because they don’t agree with your views?

(Centurion’s face becomes more contorted with confusion as he glances back over at Allison, and mouths “what the fuck?” to her. He turns back to the interviewer and scans him up and down as he delivers his response.)

Centurion: The man’s name was Nathanial Adolph Zachary Idenhaus. LITERALLY NAZI! That was the whole gimmick! He called himself the next Fuhrer! He talked about the Fourth Reich! I never sat down with the man and asked him about his views on taxes, because I don’t have those conversations WITH GOD DAMN NAZIS!

Interviewer: Are you always this hostile toward members of the press who ask you uncomfortable questions? Do you have an issue being a public figure and being criticized by news outlets who report on the truth?

(Centurion goes to respond, but he finally sees what he’s looking for – on a badge on the cameraman’s pocket is an ID, as well as his employer – Info Wars. Upon seeing that, Centurion cracks a smile, and his demeanor becomes a lot more relaxed.)

Centurion: You guys are with Info Wars?

Interviewer: That’s correct.

(Centurion lets out a slight laugh as he adjusts the collar on the interviewer’s shirt and pats him on the shoulder.)

Centurion: Good. I need you to do me a favor, alright? I need you to report back to your boss, Alex Jones. I need you to pass along a message. Let him know that he needs to find the biggest, fattest cock he can find. He needs to stick it in his mouth and suck it repeatedly. He then needs to gargle the cum like it’s Listerine. Get it all into his teeth and the back of his throat. Tell him he needs to ingest so much cum that it’s the only thing he tastes for the next month. Then, if he wants to talk shit about me, he knows where he can find me. Think you can do that, Sport?

(The interviewer and the cameraman stand in stunned silence as Centurion pats the interviewer on the shoulder again, and he and Allison turn and walk away. The two get a considerable distance away from the Info Wars crew before Centurion looks over at Allison.)

Centurion: I think that went well.

------You Really Got Me------

I am old.

I am slow, and I have lost a step. I’m no longer the “legendary Centurion” that I was back in the 00’s, and that is saying a lot, considering I was always a perennial midcarder. Corey Smith is younger than I am, with loads more potential. He is personable, handsome, incredibly talented, and has all the charisma in the world. He just beat Betsy Granger, whom I couldn’t beat in my own speciality match. Corey Smith is main eventing shows, and I am nowhere near that. Oh, and I’m boring as hell.

Did I miss anything?

These are all very likely the things that are going to be said by Corey Smith over the next few weeks. Honestly, I don’t really blame him – if I was in his shoes, I’d probably say the same thing. His star is rising while mine is...well, not “falling”, per say. Maybe plateauing. The last time we were in the ring, he and Dolly were able to beat me and James Raven, a team of legends, in what actually ended up being Dolly’s last match. Yes, she stuck with it this time. I’m surprised, too.

There isn’t a single person in the back who thinks I can win this match. It’s kind of funny, because I am used to being on the other side. I am used to being a big favorite in a match, and all the “boys”, as you would call them, thinking I would walk away with an easy victory under my belt. Hell, I’ve been accused of “fluffing my record” by facing wrestlers that were clearly not at my skill level. Hey, it’s not my fault Diesel decided to jackknife my girlfriend...

...that came out wrong.

Point is, I am used to being on a different side of the ring, but facing off against Corey Smith, well...let’s just say I know how Dean Rose felt before our match.

Actually, I take that back. No one knows how Dean Rose feels. Dude is a nutcase. But still.

So, how does it feel? How does it feel knowing I am going into a match with a wrestler who is redhot, who basically has a Universal Title match in hand whenever he wants to step up and fight for it, and who is younger than my daughter but has the experience of someone who has been in the business for a decade. How does it feel?

Feels pretty damn awesome, to be honest.

There isn’t an ounce of pressure on me! I could walk down the aisle, take a shit in the middle of the ring, have a seizure, and have Corey win the match via TKO, and it would still leave everyone going “Yeah, that’s pretty much expected.” Nothing happens to me if I lose. I’ll still be the old guy that everyone wants to fight in their first match in so they can “take down a legend” on their way to a mediocre career, and Corey will still be looked at as one of the heir apparents in the XWF. Nothing changes. But if I win?

Well, that just leads to bad things for Corey.

First of all, he will have to answer to all the people in the back grilling him on how such a thing was even possible. I can already imagine Chris Page rolling around in laughter when he sees someone who could be one of his next contenders lose to someone he has absolutely no respect for. Hell, even Thad would giggle a little bit. Just a little. Not in a disrespectful way, but more in a “I can’t believe that just happened!” kind of way.

But that’s just the backstage reception. The damage it could do to Corey’s career, at least short term, would be pretty big. After Chris Page ultimately dismantles RL Edgar, and faces off against whoever wins the Battle Royal at MayDay, the XWF brass is going to be looking for their next contender. Corey Smith would fit the mold, but why would they put the kid who just lost to “the worst of the old guys” in the Universal Title match? It would make no sense. And is that fair? Absolutely not. Everyone can have a bad day, and losing to me is not nearly as big of a deal as some folks say, but perception is reality. In reality, I’m one of the best wrestlers in the world. I have the gold and the wins in two separate federations to prove it. But the perception is that I’m some geezer who is on his last legs, who can barely stand up on his own, and who requires prune juice every morning to keep myself regular.

No, I do not drink prune juice. It is disgusting. I do, however, chew Tums on a daily basis to fight back against acid reflux, and I eat at least one bowl of cereal a day in order to keep my cholesterol down. Laugh now, but it’ll happen to you all eventually. At least, as long as you live long enough to reach your 40’s. Some of you folks in the back...I’m not so sure. I can easily see your lifestyles catching up to you, and eventually you’ll be found face down in a mountain of cocaine. Happens to the best of them.

And here’s the thing – I don’t really care how I’m seen by my peers. In fact, I kind of like the perception they have of me. Continue to laugh at me and think I’m some frail old coot who will turn into dust the moment he takes a bump. Keep thinking I’m a boring son of a bitch that lacks personality. I’m perfectly ok with that, because every week I step into that ring is another week I defy their expectations of me.

Which brings me back to you, Corey. I know you think you’re going to run all over me. You may or may not say it out loud, but that’s the feeling you have in your gut, and that’s ok. Here’s the feeling I have in MY guy – if I was close to death, and if I didn’t think I had anything left in the tank, I wouldn’t still be doing this. The bar may keep getting raised in the XWF, but I keep finding a way to clear it. And while you know, for a fact, that you can beat me, I know, for a fact, that I can beat you. I might be the only one who thinks that, but the fact that I DO think that – the fact that I am going into this match with no pressure, zero expectations, while believing in myself and my skills, is a problem for you, Corey.

This is normally where I do the whole “and you know you’re in trouble” speech, but honestly...I don’t think you do. I don’t think there is an ounce of self-reflection in you that allows you to consider the possibility that you may lose this match. It’s arrogance. It’s the result of being so good at such an early age that you haven’t had the opportunity to really be smacked back down to earth yet. That will come, in time. Either that, or you’ll be gone from the business, but that’s not what I see in your future.

Actually, I see massive things in your future. I can see you – the REAL you – holding that Universal Title. I can see you leading this company to new heights as the face of a new generation, and I see you doing it all without the influences of Lux or Engineer or whoever the hell else was in your body at the time. You are THAT good, and you’re only going to continue to get better.

However, I also see you losing matches you shouldn’t lose. I see you dropping the ball a couple times against wrestlers that you KNEW you were going to defeat. Hopefully it doesn’t happen while you’re champion, but it might. It happens to literally everyone. Every great champion has that one match that they kick themselves over because they KNEW they were going to win, only to fall just short.

...well, every champion except The Brand, but that dude was a robot.

You haven’t had that yet. Not really. But it’s coming. When will it be? Will it be when you’re already at the top of the ladder, kicking down every challenger to your throne? Will it be when some young kid, much like yourself right now, enters the arena looking to shock the world, and you completely disregard them?

OR

Will it be to an old legend that you assume is dead and buried? A wrestler you think you left in the dust years ago. Someone all of your peers have written off, discredited over the years, and told you you were so much better than. That legend you think is going to lie on his back and look at the lights for you, only for you get caught in a move you don’t have a counter for, and before you know it, in a match you assumed you had under wraps, you find yourself meeting your...

FINAL FANTASY!!!

[Image: UdLSPlv.png]
XWF Record - 212-95-9
XWF All Time Wins Record Holder
Official XWF Legend
3x XWF Anarchy Champion
3x XWF World Champion
8x XWF Canadian Champion (Record for most Canadian Title reigns)
1x XWF Hart Champion
6x XWF X-Treme Champion
5x XWF Tag Team Champion
2x XWF United States Champion
Inaugural XWF IDL Champion 
1x XWF King of Anarchy
1x XWF King of Massacre
1x XWF Stable Champion
XWF Star Of The Month - May 2007
XWF Star Of The Month - July 2009
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2019
XWF Star Of The Month - December 2021
XWF Holiday Battle Royal Winner - 2007

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Centurion's post:
Andre Dixon (04-23-2021), Corey Smith (04-23-2021), Ruby (04-23-2021)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 3 users Hate Centurion's post!
Chris Page (04-23-2021), Dolly Waters (04-28-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (04-28-2021)