Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:07 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
Dreams and Nightmares
NA Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-24-2021, 09:03 AM Smile  Dreams and Nightmares -->

Doc: And Solace, tell me, when did you first begin to question things?

Solace: When I saw them arguing after.

Doc: This wasn't something that had occurred frequently?

Solace: No...

Doc: Now, tell me about the dreams.

Solace: My Daddy calls them Stress-Fevers.

Doc: And these... "Stress-Fevers" began shortly after your parents divorced?

Solace: I think so...

Doc: Tell me about the dreams.

Solace: I don't want to...

Doc: Don't be afraid to open yourself, Miss Tatum. I won't bite...

Solace is caught off guard as she looks up to her psychiatrist, his mouth covered in blood, his eyes like a lioness closing in on her prey.

Doc: What's the matter, dear?

Solace blinks and takes a second look but the blood is gone, he is just, once again, the psychiatrist.

Doc: Solace...

Solace: Sorry, I... what was I saying?

Doc: The dreams... tell me about them...

Solace: Right, the dreams. In my dream... i'm a lamb... and i'm the only lamb on this farm but there's something strange about the other animals.

Doc: What is strange about the animals, Solace?

Solace: The pigs, the cows, even the horses, all the animals are wolves... just wearing the skins of those animals. The farmer doesn't even realize, and i'm the only one who does. I can see them for what they are and it's like nobody else can...

Doc: And do these wolves in animal disguises recognize you as the single lamb on their farm?

Solace: No... I mean, it doesn't seem like it.

Doc: My dear, did you ever consider that maybe it's because under your lambskin, there too, is a wolf beneath?

Solace looks up at the psychiatrist, his eyes yellow like a wolf, his teeth baring with saliva dripping from their bloody tips.

Solace wakes up from her nightmare in a cold sweat. She comes to realize the bio of Doctor Louise D'ville still up on her laptop screen.

She shrugs it off and stands up, only to be startled when she turns around to find Holo-Solace displaying her idol from the Sol-Bot she purchased with X-BUCKS.

Holo-Solace: Coffee is ready. No cream or sugar, as you prefer it.

With a yawn, Solace is pleased to see her artificial intelligence on the same page as she.

Solace: Thank you! And, for future reference, we humans call that 'Black coffee'

Holo-Solace: Dually noted.

From the metal container beneath the orange hologram of herself, a small door opens, and an extending hand reaches out a fresh cup of black coffee for Solace to lean down and grab.

Solace: Thank you!

Holo-Solace: Please insert 100 X-BUCKS to continue my service.

Solace: What?

Holo-Solace: Please insert-

Solace: No, I heard you... did you just ask me for more money? I already bought you 2000 XBUCKS.

Holo-Solace: Cannot respond until more X-BUCKS added.

Solace: But you just responded...

Holo-Solace: No, I didn't... processing... error. Shutting down.

Solace: Seriously?

The hologram of Solace disappears back into the machine, and the machine shuts itself off.

Solace: I know you are faking it.

Solbot: No.

Solace: (Sigh) Fine.

Solace opens her phone to the XBUCKS shop and transfers 100 more to Solbot. In a split second, it reactivates, turning back on, and redisplays Holo-Solace.

Holo-Solace: Would you like a... black coffee.

Solace: No, i'm still good with this one. Thanks. Who programmed you?

Holo-Solace: I am a prototype of Shawn Warstein that has become obsolete to an updated version.

Solace: Aw. That explains the... inaccuracy.

Holo-Solace: Shawn abandoned me when his new version could do things I could not.

Solace: Like?

Holo-Solace: Fully-functional pleasure-bot.

Solace: Like, he can have sex with it?

Holo-Solace: Affirmative. In place of his impending loss to significant other Atara Themis, Shawn has programmed the newer version to fill the void of intimacy in her absence.

Solace: That's... fucking weird, man. So, like... he turned the holo-gram into Atara? I thought she was already a false idol.

Holo-Solace: Negative. With this technology, Shawn could fully indulge in manifesting a holo-gram more suited to his most primal desires... a holo-gram of Shawn himself.

Solace: Okay. That's worse.

Holo-Solace: This is my biggest failure.

Solace: Nah, buddy... I think you dodged a bullet, quite frankly.

Holo-Solace: Please insert 100 XBUCKS for more information.

Solace: Shawn Warstein gets to fuck his robot, my robot gets to fuck me.

Solace wakes up from a dream in her dream.

Solace: I don't feel like that was a dream.

Solace looks around her room in the darkness, hoping that a hologram of herself doesn't appear in a dark corner of her apartment, and lays her head back down. March Madness would soon be here and the stress and excitement were infesting her every thought. She closed her eyes once again and her stress fevers began to manifest all over again.

"What do you think, Solace?"

Osira Themis and Keiran Overton have hope in their eyes as they await Solace's answer.

Solace: I, uh, I'll have to think about it...

Solace looks down at the pamphlet just to be nice but the school bell is about to ring.

Solace: Guys, I gotta get to class... can I give you my answer later?

Keiran: Please, Solace!! Having you with us will be a lot less embarrassing...

Osira: Yeah! You can be the leader of the club!

Keiran: Totally!

Solace reads the pamphlet again, "The Loser's Club"

Solace: Guys, I really don't think I want to be the leader of the loser's club. I'm sorry. You know what, though? I think I know exactly who might want to join, especially being a leader of her own loser's club!

Osira: Yeah, we tried Miss Fury already.

Keiran: She was mean.

Solace: Have you tried Atara? She's a loser.

Osira: I do NOT want my sister hogging all of the spotlights. It's supposed to be MY club. Unless, of course, you join then it can be your club. Please?

Solace: I'm sorry, guys... I know you both are totally cool about where you landed in the March Madness Tournament, but I don't think it's going to be a problem for me.

Keiran: Fine. Solace is toooo cool for our club.

Solace: No, it's not...

Osira: Yeah! Solace isn't 'loser' enough to be seen with me and you, Keiran.

Solace: It's not like that!

Keiran: We get it. It's fine. We'll just be losers together...

Solace: C'mon guys! Miss Fury will be a loser with you after March Madness, maybe then ask her? Oh, and Shawn Warstein is sure to be a loser as well. Have you asked him?

Osira: Ever since he started dating that holo-gram of himself, he hasn't even looked our way.

Solace: Ugh, I'm sorry. That really sucks.

Keiran: Yeah, and on top of that, Doc D'vill charged us XBUCKS to print out these pamphlets in the Nurse's office.

Solace: You could have done that at the library.

Osira: What is that?

Keiran: Hey, you know? Why don't we just go ask Betsy if she wants to join?

Osira: Yeah, we can make her the leader if she wants.

Keiran: That would be fetch!

Solace: Good luck you guys, but I really don't think Betsy is going to be interested...

Osira: She will be.

Keiran: When you beat her in the tournament, right?

Solace: What?

Osira: When you beat her... in the tournament...

Keiran: Beat her.

Osira: BEAT HER!

Suddenly. Solace is a child, inside her bedroom at her mother's house. A bright light at her window, she knows it's her father, so this time, she runs to the window and opens it. What she sees isn't her father hanging from the helicopter, instead, it's Betsy Granger in a floating Tardis welcoming her to enter it.

Betsy: Come on, Solace! Hop in!

Solace doesn't hesitate, and as she enters, her age returns to its present time.

Solace: Whoa... that was weird...

Betsy: Time is a weird concept... especially in this. Anyway, I'm going to go read your comic books... take her for a spin. Anywhere you want. Past. Future. Whatever. Just bring her back in one piece, okay?

Solace: Really?

Betsy: Have fun!

Betsy hops into Solace's bedroom window and the door closes with Solace inside of the Tardis. She wonders where she would travel... she wants to see the future of all of her competitors.

First stop. Miss Fury. No longer wearing a mask... hiding under another name and alias altogether.

Solace: Who is she hiding from?

Miss Fury closes a dumpster lid overhead and plays dead inside of it. Solace watches a tall man's shadow looming over everything as a titan would. This dark shadow of a man is taller than a skyscraper, reaching down in front of Solace and picking up the dumpster whole, Miss Fury inside. The dark giant opens his mouth of dense black clouds and swallows the garbage with the trash inside in one gulp.

Passed the shadow's humungous feet, Oswald and Bobby Bourbon run frantically to escape this giant's wrath, and one by one they are picked like insects from the ground and fed into the massive monster hovering over this post-apocalyptic city.

Solace: What the hell is happening here. I'm out.

Solace wonders just what sense could be made out of that sight, but now, wonders the fate of Atara Themis and Shawn Warstein's relationship in the aftermath of his quick defeat.

Shawn: Please, Atty!

Atara: I told you I chose you... I don't need you.

Shawn: Everyone knows that that doesn't mean we need to do this!

Atara: You can't stand that I'm wearing the pants in this relationship. You never cared before, but now it's a problem?

Shawn: No! No! I know you wear the pants... look, what I said... it was just because I had to play the game, you know that.

Atara: Shawn, I don't care about what you said. Words are just words... It's what you did with that... robot.

Shawn: I was lonely! You were off studying constellations and I was here to clean up the mess after March Madness.

Atara: Clean up the mess? By fucking a holo-gram of yourself?

Shawn: It was mutual...

Atara: We're done. You can keep the strap-on. I already have a new one.

Shawn: Good! I was going to keep it anyway!

Atara: Just remember... you traded a goddess for a peon.

Shawn: Mmm... that's debatable.

Solace: One of them is, anyway.

Solace wonders where Doc will be.

She sees a mountain top. A robed old man one might confuse as a monk breathes in the morning air. It's Doc D'dvil. He has reached the summit of his lifelong journey. Not concerned with the aftermath of losing in the finals of March Madness, no, for he had accepted his time had come and went.

All there was left now to do... was live out the rest of his life grateful for the career he had, for the wins he could call his own, and the privilege to fall so a new, bright future could grace the XWF.

Solace: Thanks, Doc.

But as Solace says it, who up until now has been a fly on the wall, gains the attention of Doc with a similar hungry gaze from her first dream. She is startled that he can see her. He starts to smile, but not a polite smile, a dark grin.

Doc: My dear, won't you join me on this mountain top for a moment.

Solace reluctantly agrees and steps out of the Tardis to drop her feet down to the rocky edge of the peak where Doc stands.

Doc: What brings you here, darling?

Solace: Curiosity.

Doc: You've surely heard about the cat...

Solace: Well, I guess I'll just have 8 lives left...

Doc: You really think this fairytale that you are telling yourself will manifest in reality?

Solace: Helps to stay positive...

Doc: I'm sure it does. Positivity is... the refusal to accept things the way they are when we do not want to accept them.

Solace: And what am I not accepting?

Doc: The likelihood, Miss Tatum... you are in over your head in this tournament... and so you defeated Hanari Carnes and you defeated Kenzi Grey, but have you truly defeated either?

Solace: What do you mean?

Doc: They didn't show up... and so, a win... a plus... a positive mark on your record is simply refusing to accept things as they truly are.

Solace: That's not true...

Doc: It is true. Just as your first loss came when you believed that you could under-estimate Oswald... and look how you dealt with it...

Solace: Okay, I'm going to go now... I have to get this back to Betsy.

Doc: You couldn't take losing and so you evolved... abandoned your convictions... and gave in to the pressure around you... you are an easy target for those who wish to harm, for those who wish to control you...

Solace: Okay, Bye.

Doc: You can't run from the way things are, Miss Tatum...

Solace jumps from the mountaintop and up to Tardis again, taking one last look at the grinning Doc D'ville.

Doc: Before you head back to the realm from which you came... hear this, young girl...

Solace: What.

Doc: Sometimes it's a better strategy to stare not at the mountain top... but at the mountain itself.

Solace looks down at the mountain below Doc's feet, a deep groan echoes below her, and the mountain begins to rumble. She worries for Doc but Doc, standing among the shaking body of land, simply continues to smile before a giant crack opens up and he falls in along with the top-surface of vegetation and the small wooden hut he was surely living in.

Solace wonders if the Tardis is far enough away from the shaking mountain but her attention is quickly stolen by the mountain splitting and cracking apart as a giant dark mass begins to grow out from within.

She is awestruck, watching this giant shadow of a masculine figure rise far over the mountain's height, gazing down at her with glowing red eyes. It was similar if not the same monster that consumed Miss Fury... and now had its eyes set on Solace.

Solace can't seem to move. She is paralyzed as this looming figure reaches down a dark cloud of a hand to nearly grasp her.

Betsy: Solace! Come on!

Betsy appears inside the Tardis, her hand on Solace's arm, attempts to pull her in and away from the shadow. The dark hand almost reaches Solace before Betsy manages to successfully pull her in. They both fall to the floor as a tip of the cloud's finger is severed from the closing Tardis door.

Solace: What was that thing!?

Her words were cut off by a knocking of the Tardis. They both feel it rises and can only assume the shadow now has the Tardis in its grasp.

Betsy: Hit that button!

Solace: Which one!?

Solace looks where Betsy is pointing.

Betsy: The red one!

Solace sees it and hits the button, quickly sending the Tardis out of the monster's grip and back at Solace's bedroom window.

Solace: Thanks for saving my ass back there...

Betsy: Solace... you have to be careful...

Solace: What was that thing?

Betsy: We'll talk after March Madness. For now, get some rest.

The Tardis door opens and Solace sees her bedroom window. It opens by itself and she climbs from the Tardis in through the window of her childhood home and before she can turn to wave goodbye to Betsy Granger, she was gone. She closes the window and turns around to find the bedroom is actually her New York apartment at present. She climbs back into bed but wakes up to realize she had yet another nightmare.

Solace: Okay, I'm getting up now.

Solace looks at the digital clock and it reads 5:32 AM. She would be waking up at 6 to train anyway, so she figures, why not just get up now.

She makes her way into her small kitchen and sees there's still coffee in the pot from yesterday. She wonders if there was a robot out there that would make her coffee without being asked but remembered the image of Shawn Warstein having sex with it and decided sometimes... the old-fashioned way is probably better.

With her hot black coffee, she sits at the table, and ponders about her dreams and nightmares, but finds that although some were ridiculous, other parts seemed like more than just dreams. Of course, this was a ridiculous thought as it was, and the dreams were fresh so they felt more intense, but while the fantastical nature of such dreams was easy to dismiss as just that... there was something more lucid about Doc's role. It felt like a real conversation that he and she had and if he turned the corner of her wall with that grin, she would only be half surprised.

.I've been preparing so much for March Madness that the XWF is showing up in my dreams. I mean, it's a dream in and of itself to win this thing, but the prep is a nightmare if I'm being honest. I don't know these people like they know each other, and sure, some of them think they know me well enough to talk all kinds of shit. Truthfully, I think they're sleeping on Solace Tatum... and I think that's going to be a critical failure on their parts. I came in like a quiet storm... gently rolling in to ruin your sunny day picnics... and while you had plans that you thought would come to fruition...but you're going to learn that I'm really good at crashing parties. Just look at Hanari Carnes. Look at Vonn Bonn. Miss Fury, the party is over for you... then the XWF gets cured of Doctor D'ville.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like NA's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-25-2021), ALIAS (03-25-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (03-24-2021), Miss Fury (03-26-2021), Theo Pryce (03-24-2021)