Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:38 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2021 PPV Board
The Triathlete Returns
Champ Sportsman Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

03-18-2021, 09:17 AM

It had been a while since the XWF Universe had seen Champ Sportsman, about 3 and a half months to be exact. He didn't look great in his wrestling debut, but he certainly looked alot better than all the people who were thrown out before him at High Stakes. Despite the promising start, as well as legally binding contract, Champ seemed like a one and done prospect who'd never be seen inside of an XWF ring again................... that is, until he received a phone call from fate.

*ring*

*RING*

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Champ didn't WANT to answer the phone, but the massive hangover he was experiencing for the 100th day in a row begged him to end the suffering.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNG

Champ, who was still somewhat intoxicated from the night before, brought his head up from the pillow he'd been face deep in, revealing it to actually be a pile of cocaine SHAPED like a pillow. The Triathlete looked like a beautiful geisha with his face completely covered in the white powder.

"Jesus Christ, I'M COMING!!!!!" Champ yelled at the inanimate object, speaking out loud for the first time in months, as a large cloud of dust blows from deep inside his lungs.

He staggered his way over to his phone, only for the ringing to stop and his answering machine to start. "Seriously?" he asked as the voice of Theo began to record.

"This is Theo Pryce from XWF calling for Champ Sportsman. We haven't seen you since High Stakes and you're currently booked for March Madness. So, if you want to get paid, you better show up, or consider yourself unemployed."

*CLICK*

"Are you kidding me?!?" Champ questioned, staring at his answering machine. "Who the hell does that guy think he is???"

It had been a rough couple of months for Sportsman, quite the feat for someone who hadn't left the house since late November. He'd begun a massive drinking and coke binge that lasted to this very day, leading to the love of his life, Megan Reno, leaving him before their relationshiphad even begun. She'd done everything she could for Champ, but eventually the drugs, alcohol, and self pity had become too much for her to handle. While she cared for him more than he would ever know, it'd become impossible to be with someone who didn't even want to be with themselves.

Champ's elimination at High Stakes wasn't the lone factor for his depression, but it definitely was the catalyst. He'd lost plenty of games throughout his athletic career, whether it be high school, college, OR professional; losing was nothing new to him and it certainly wasn't something he could realistically expect to never happen again. That being said, to go down at the hands of Barney Green with the death of his baseball coach, as well as the season, still fresh in his mind was enough to send his life into a downward spiral. Add in the fact he hadn't spoken to Megan since their devastating breakup, and it seemed as though Champ's train was on a path to derailing as so many other athletes' before him had.

Sportsman was still a bit belligerent from "partying" the night before, but that didn't stop him from heading over to his nightstand and taking three massive gulps from the half empty bottle of bourbon that rested on it. He then went back over to his home phone, whipped out his dick, and began peeing all over it.

"This is wha' I think of The-o Pryyyyyyce," he slurred whilst draining the lizard, completely ruining his phone.

It didn't matter to Champ if XWF fired him, he'd already made more money from football and baseball than he knew how to spend! Wrestling was nothing more than a failed experiment for the Champster, a temporary venture into the unknown. Now that he'd seen what the sport had to offer, Champ was in no hurry to return to it.

Sportsman plopped, face first, into his coke pillow(sending another cloud of it flying into the air) and began mentally preparing for yet another day of trying to kill himself without ACTUALLY attempting to end his life.

And that's when the phone call came, or at least, TRIED to. Because Champ had soaked his phone in urine, it never had the chance to ring and, instead, went directly to his answering machine. Due to his inebriation, Sportsman was caught off guard by the voice of his football coach filling the room.

"Hey, Champ, it's Coach Ferrara. Haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is alright."

Champ's raised his head and looked around, confused as to where his coach's angelic voice was coming from, right before sneezing his entire coke pile into oblivion.

"The reason I'm calling is to let you know the League gave us the go ahead to start training camp. Now, it's gonna be a little different but, as of this moment, the season IS on and we're looking for everyone to report to practice a week from today..............."

Champ's heart skipped a beat, and it wasn't 'cause of the cocaine. He felt like the Grinch did when his heart grew 3 sizes bigger; all the hate and animosity towards everything that'd happened since the canceling of his baseball season had been replaced with love. After all he'd been through, it was refreshing to get a bit of GOOD news for a change. Sure they were gonna have to wear masks in meetings, and follow special protocols on AND off the field to ensure they don't get, or spread, Covid, but it was football nonetheless.

Champ was so excited he didn't even hear the rest of Coach's message, which mostly consisted of a speech about how they're gonna win a Championship this year and having veterans act as leaders to the younger players; typical coach stuff. It didn't matter, everything Coach Ferrara said was stuff Champ strived to achieve, anyway. He didn't need extra motivation, just opportunity and that had finally found him................... in more than one way.

XWF could be a test, a way to prepare for what lies ahead. Champ was out of shape and needed an outlet to get himself ready for the upcoming season. He wasn't the type to exercise when he was depressed, or coked out, and the alcohol went without saying. It was gonna be a long journey, but that's exactly what Champ needed right now. Something to distract him from the harsh reality he'd been living for the past 4 months. Whether it be football or wrestling, having that outlet to let himself go in a positive way would be good on him. It gave him purpose.

The whole thing got Champ excited, maybe a bit TOO excited."God damn COKE BONER!!!!!" Champ shouted, looking down at the raging hard on he'd been too fucked up to notice he had this ENTIRE time. This prompted him to walk over to his bottle of bourbon and take his last couple of swigs before committing to sobriety. "Maybe some whiskey dick will counteract it." He let out a burp and stretched his arms before embarking on an epic quest to find both his wrestling gear AND football equipment.

Champ didn't know it just yet, but his path to greatness was about to get a whole lot bumpier down the road. If he thought the past few months were rough, he ain't seen NOTHING yet.............

"I guess Champ Sportsman is stepping up to the plate, once more, and seeing if he can knock one out of the park! That's right, XWF, the Triathlete is back and better than ever................ after some hardcore cardio and ab workouts, of course! Though it's been a few months, I see not much has changed."

"Charlie Nickles is still crazy as ever, even came up with a new persona to make up for the fact nobody likes plain old Charles. This is common with alot of the mental health patients I visit for charity, they'll come up with all kinds of personalities and imaginary friends in order to escape the harsh reality they live in. Fortunately for 'Demos', he hasn't been locked away yet and it's benefitted him quite a bit................. situation with his kids aside, of course. It's okay, though, I'm sure a career of missing teeth and broken bones was worth losing his family for. Oh, and the TV Title of course. All these months, all this hype, and all he's managed to do was master being the best of the worst. Shame."

"The Misfits are still as irrelevant as ever. They're easily the worst group of, well, Misfits XWF has ever seen; which is saying something considering the Left Hand is still around. Seriously, did anyone expect those clowns to last longer than I did?!? Guess I shouldn't be surprised, Donaldson & Von Bonn have been getting their asses handed to 'em on a weekly basis and THEY haven't called it quits, yet, why would Baphomet's bitches? You know it's sad when the 'best' member of your group is MASTERMIND. That's like letting a blind man lead you to water, you're not gonna get very far and shouldn't be surprised when you end up dying of thirst!"

"Ned Kaye FINALLY won his first Championship, it's just too bad he couldn't hang onto it for more than a couple months! Now instead of being known as the guy who failed his 24/7 cash in, he'll be remembered as the Hart Champion that could've been. Rather than joining Robert Main, Tony Santos, and Centurion as one of the greatest Hart Champions of all-time, Ned'll forever be compared to the likes of The Hired Gun, Michael McBride, and VACATED!!!!! But, hey, what do I know? Not like I've ever won gold in XWF......................... YET."

"I don't know much about Terry Borden, but I've seen enough to know that he thinks of himself as a 'real American.' Terry, REAL Americans don't look like you, brother; they're more like a 600 pound Barney Green, or Ghost Tank when he's plagued with the diff. I don't know how many 'vitamins' you took to get those massive arms of yours, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out they're faker than Pamela Anderson's titties! I would know, I squeezed those bazoongas my entire rookie year! You wanna see REAL arms, Terry?"

Champ pulls his sleeve up and shows off his, admittedly smaller but equally defined, arms for a moment before continuing his spheal.

"That's all na-tu-rale, brother! If anyone's a real American, it's the Triathlete, Champ Sportsman! The master of America's pastime, Champion of it's other, nobody does Americana quite like the Champster! You'll find that out the hard way after I dump you over the top rope and strike your poses as if they were my own................. BROTHER!!!!!"

"I don't know why, but something tells me Andre Dixon is the most atheletic man in this match, myself aside. His performance against Corey was truly an inspiration to underdogs everywhere! Unfortunately for him, being labeled an 'inspiration' usually means you weren't good enough to get the job done, but hey, at least the kids look up to you! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing since you're gonna need all the moral support you can get when the losing continues come March Madness. And while I expect you to hold your own against the Captain Futures and Peter Pillmours of this match, it's gonna be somethin' else when you come face to face with Champ Sportsman. I'm not Ruckus, or Barney Green under a mask, I'm THE multi-sport athlete! You may be a bit of a threat, but that's not saying much given the lack of competition in this match, hence why Theo Pryce damn near threatened me to show up for it!"

"Seriously, who else do we have left in this thing? Anyone that actually stands a chance? Dean Rose? NOPE! Liam Robert's? HA!!! Calypso? Isn't that an alcohol? For God's sake, the only other person worth mentioning has ACL problems and hasn't been a household name since the 90's!!! But me? I'm Champ. Sportsman. Sure I'm not a wrestler, but I'm one hell of an athlete and have a good head on my shoulders! Am I still a little raw? Absolutely; Big D was my trainer, afterall. Am I a little out of shape?..........."

Champ slaps his beer gut, causing it to jiggle around like a big ole ass in the club.

"Sure................. a little, but I've got some time. You don't become a Jack of all sports without knowing how to work your ass off in a short time span. The average football play is 6 seconds, so I've got DAYS worth of plays to run between now and the pay-per-view! I'll just drop some weight like the amateurs do. No more beer and coke..........a Cola for me, just celery and peanut butter! Whatever it takes to get the job done, I'm willing to do it. Not only do I intend to MAKE the Finals, I intend to win the whole. damn. thing. But, in order to DO that, I'm gonna have to get through 2 other finalists.................."

"Shawn Warstein, Louis-D'ville-slugger! I know all about the reputation of Fuzz, as well as the Legacy of the Doctor; and I have no doubt that it'll be the 3 of us in the Finals! In fact, I'm SO confident in that, I'm not even gonna waste my breath on the rest of the Elite 8. Hit the showers, GO HOME, the game's over! Sure the scoreboard says it's 0-0, but once that first whistle blows, it may as well be the LAST. Congratulations on the pay-per-view paycheck, now you've got a snippet of what it's like to be as rich as Champ Sportsman!"

"Shawn, I've seen your kind before. The tough veteran who thinks they're better than everyone else.............. scratch that, KNOWS they're better, but can't keep the attitude in check. We get it, your shit don't stink and you're proud of it. Nobody denies your excellence, and anyone who claims they do is lying. You've got nothing to prove, Fuzz, your name is in that Hall and nobody's taking you out of it!!! You're a former Universal Champion. World Champion. Tag Team, Xtreme, and everything between Champion!!!!! You're SO God damn good, you took a mentally challenged Australian, won a Tag Team Tournamenteith him, AND had an entire pay-per-view dedicated to your likeness! What the hell are you doing here?!? Because you've never won March Madness, you just gotta do THAT, too?!?!? You need to calm your shit, Tom Brady, because you're gonna get yourself hurt. How long can you keep this up? What else do you gotta do in order to feel satisfied with your career?!? Leap of Faith? You wanna win THAT, too? How 'bout the Shooting Star Title?! I bet you're just DYING to hold thatbelt! You should've quit while you were still on top because, come March Madness, I'm gonna make you regret EVER coming back. They'll be playing your loss over and over again everytime they tell the story about how Champ Sportsman strutted into March Madness and beat, not one, but TWO Legends in one night!"

"Don't think I've forgotten about you, Doc, you're the most important person in this ENTIRE thing! If it wasn't for me showing up to play the role of spoiler, you'd take this whole Tournament with ease. Yes, even over Fuzzy Wuzzy; which I'm sure is gonna hurt his feelings and cause him to stick around for another 20 years, but it's the truth! I was in the ring with you at High Stakes, I saw what you're capable of, and I've gotta admit it is scary. Had destiny not been on Thad's side that night, I have no doubt it would've been YOU to walk away with the Title, instead."

"But that's not how it works. You don't just get handed shit for being a Legend, you have to EARN them. It doesn't matter if you're an elderly man grabbing people's balls and making them cough, or a former junkie trying to accomplish one more feat before his past catches up with him; greatness can only get you so far. Whether it's football, baseball, or even wrestling, being a veteran don't mean shit if you can't back the past up in the present. Sure, people will clap for you and give you preferential treatment, but once you step onto that field, diamond, or canvas, it's all about the current moment in time. If you can't PUT up, you might as well SHUT up."

"A new era begins at March Madness, just as it has the previous years before it. Lacklan's rise to stardom, Dyson's decent to hell; come March 28th, my OWN journey to becoming the next Doctor D'Ville or Shawn Warstein begins. The next time you see Champ Sportsman inside of an XWF ring, he's gonna be swingin' for the fences; and I don't mean a home run, I'm talkin' about a GRAND SLAM, baby!!!!!!"

Champ imitates a pitcher throwing a baseball before changing to a batter hitting it, complete with a tongue clicking sound effect to imitate him making contact. He then puts his hand over his eyes as if to follow the invisible ball at it flies out of the imaginary park, following it up with some "Ahhhhhhh"s from the fake crowd as the camera fades to black.
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like Champ Sportsman's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (03-18-2021), ALIAS (03-18-2021), Atara Raven (03-18-2021), Corey Smith (03-19-2021), Ned Kaye (03-18-2021), R.L. Edgar (03-18-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (03-18-2021), Theo Pryce (03-21-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (03-18-2021)