Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 12:49 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Announcements & Important Info
SERVER MOVE
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-17-2021, 07:54 AM

Due to the OOC issues and website attacks we have been suffering, we at the XWF have decided to part ways with our current server host so as to avoid them being dragged into the middle of all the petty bullshit any further.

Many of you probably know that we have been hosted on our server space for years now by a former/occasional member of the fed. We don't want the guy to get accused of things beyond his control, so, we have found a new home.

Now, what does this mean for you? Nothing really.

Just know that on Friday, we will probably experience a lengthy period of downtime. It probably won't be for too long, no longer than 24 hours at most.

Obviously, if it ends up being all of or most of the day, we will extend the soft deadline for Savage next week, so don't worry. If you were planning on doing a Friday post, it may be better for you to either do it early or to wait until after the downtime to post. Trying to wait on Friday for the site to be clear will probably be frustrating.

There's no need to back anything up or save anything, etc., nothing will be lost. We are simply moving our database onto a different server.

It sucks, and we shouldn't have to do it, but some people really just have nothing better to do with their tiny little lives, so here we are.

Let me know if you have any questions!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 12 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(02-17-2021), Charlie Nickles (02-17-2021), Chris Page (02-17-2021), Dean Rose (02-17-2021), Hawaiian Hardhead (02-18-2021), HeavensToBetsy (02-17-2021), Lycana (02-17-2021), Marf (02-17-2021), Morbid Angel (02-17-2021), R.L. Edgar (02-17-2021), SBW-SmokingBobWilliams (02-18-2021), Theo Pryce (02-20-2021)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

02-17-2021, 08:51 AM

(02-17-2021, 07:54 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: Due to the OOC issues and website attacks we have been suffering, we at the XWF have decided to part ways with our current server host so as to avoid them being dragged into the middle of all the petty bullshit any further.

Many of you probably know that we have been hosted on our server space for years now by a former/occasional member of the fed. We don't want the guy to get accused of things beyond his control, so, we have found a new home.

Now, what does this mean for you? Nothing really.

Just know that on Friday, we will probably experience a lengthy period of downtime. It probably won't be for too long, no longer than 24 hours at most.

Obviously, if it ends up being all of or most of the day, we will extend the soft deadline for Savage next week, so don't worry. If you were planning on doing a Friday post, it may be better for you to either do it early or to wait until after the downtime to post. Trying to wait on Friday for the site to be clear will probably be frustrating.

There's no need to back anything up or save anything, etc., nothing will be lost. We are simply moving our database onto a different server.

It sucks, and we shouldn't have to do it, but some people really just have nothing better to do with their tiny little lives, so here we are.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Probably a good idea. But I was definitely planning to post an RP Friday evening due to my schedule. Would it be fair to just officialy make Saturday the new soft deadline for this week? I imagine quite a few others will be having similar issues.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-17-2021, 09:35 AM

I see no issue with that. Of course it is still totally possible that it only takes two hours on Friday morning or something like that, or that we don't even start until later. I'll just go ahead and adjust the timer.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(02-17-2021)
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-17-2021, 04:08 PM

Will that actually mitigate their ridiculous attacks on the site? I dunno how any of that shit works.

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Hate Post Like Post
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-18-2021, 06:10 AM

It certainly won't hurt.

The short answer is, there really is no way to prevent DDOS attacks on websites. Not at our level, anyway. If someone wants to send a botnet at you and overload your bandwidth, then they will.

There are some things we can do to try and prevent it, and we will, but it's not a guarantee.

Hate Post Like Post
Mr. Oz Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-18-2021, 07:09 AM

Big preesh coming from over here to you guys, for workin' hard on doing what's best for the fed, lads.

[Image: xdagprt.gif]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Oz's post:
Charlie Nickles (02-18-2021)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-18-2021, 12:30 PM

I don't understand those words.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Charlie Nickles (02-18-2021), R.L. Edgar (02-18-2021)
Miss Fury Offline
BURN IT ALL

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-18-2021, 02:52 PM

(02-18-2021, 12:30 PM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: I don't understand those words.

Official BOB translation:

I would like to formally offer my gratitude for all of the time and effort that you and your team have put forth towards the betterment of our community.

[Image: 1invQS6.jpg]
[Image: BOBClub.png]
#JoinBOB #JoinbWo
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 10 users Like Miss Fury's post:
(02-18-2021), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-19-2021), Charlie Nickles (02-18-2021), Lycana (02-18-2021), Marf (02-18-2021), Mr. Oz (02-18-2021), R.L. Edgar (02-18-2021), SBW-SmokingBobWilliams (02-18-2021), Theo Pryce (02-18-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-18-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-19-2021, 10:23 AM

Hey everyone just a reminder the server switch is to happen tonight. I don't have an exact time for you but at this point if you posted any rps today (Dean and Miss Fury) I'd save a copy of them off site and moving forward I would refrain from posting anything on here for the rest of the day so that nothing is lost while we transition over.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Lycana (02-19-2021), Miss Fury (02-19-2021), Mr. Oz (02-19-2021), R.L. Edgar (02-19-2021)
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

02-19-2021, 10:28 AM

Big Preesh!

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
(02-19-2021), Mr. Oz (02-19-2021)
Dean Rose Offline
glasgows own

XWF FanBase:
Drug addicts, rebels, weirdos

(the villain you love to hate; has cult following; may deal drugs on side)

02-19-2021, 10:39 AM

(02-19-2021, 10:23 AM)Theo Pryce Said: Hey everyone just a reminder the server switch is to happen tonight. I don't have an exact time for you but at this point if you posted any rps today (Dean and Miss Fury) I'd save a copy of them off site and moving forward I would refrain from posting anything on here for the rest of the day so that nothing is lost while we transition over.

ok no problem boss man

Win record: Fuck you
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Dean Rose's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (02-19-2021), Mr. Oz (02-19-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

02-20-2021, 11:16 AM

Quick update to this. The server move planned for last night did not occur due to extenuating circumstances however the plan now is for it to happen tonight. I do not have a specific time. But we are told the downtime will not take long. However we are going to push the deadline 24 more hours to tomorrow night. We will reflect that change on the board timers.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Theo Pryce's post:
Mr. Oz (02-20-2021)
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

02-20-2021, 03:41 PM

The server move has been completed. The site was down for about 20 minutes.

Once again a big thank you to the handler of Eli James for hosting us on his server rent free for the last several years.

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Theo Pryce's post:
Marf (02-20-2021), Mr. Oz (02-20-2021), Vita Frickin Valenteen (02-20-2021)
Mr. Oz Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

02-20-2021, 11:14 PM

Big preesh to you, Eli. You're a good egg, dude.

[Image: xdagprt.gif]
Hate Post Like Post