Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 06:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Snow Job 2021 RP Board
The Hunt: Chapter 7 and Chapter 8
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-30-2021, 08:48 PM

[Image: single-patient.jpg?w=460]

Robert Main lies in his hospital bed where’s he’s called home for the last thirty days. Robert is scruffy as fuck, and why wouldn’t he be? It’s not like you can do a lot for yourself when you’re pretty much locked down in a hospital amidst a pandemic. Just the fact strings are pulled for the occasional visit is tough enough with the world we live in.

Underneath the covers of his bed, his attention is focused on the television where a promotional ad for Sunday Night’s Snow Job Pay-Per-View featuring Chris Page versus Thaddeus Duke for the Universal Title is heard playing only leading Robert to think about what could have been, or what many are saying should have been.

He picks up the remote from his lap before pointing it towards the television mounted on the wall and turns it off. Robert places it on his bedside tray table where he picks up his phone. He opens it up and uses his voice to say.

” Call Oliver.”

“ Calling Oliver.”

Almost instantly his Siri snaps back as the call doesn’t even connect. Immediately Oliver’s voicemail picks up prompting Robert to leave a message.

” Hey Oli just trying to check-in and see how things are going? I’m sure you and Page are on the hunt so just get back to me when you can. I love you brother.”

Robert hangs up his phone placing it back on the bedside table as he lets out a deep sigh while looking up at the ceiling of his room.

” I have got to get out of here.”

Suddenly the familiar voice of Chris Page is heard responding.

” No shit.”

Robert’s body flinches as he’s taken by surprise. He turns his head towards the door where a huge smile appears on his face while Chris walks over throwing up a middle finger towards his tag team partner with a smirk on his face.

[Image: painmaker-chris-jericho.jpg]

Page drops his right hand down to his side as he walks across the floor to the vacant seat at Rob’s bedside. The two share a fist bump while Page takes a seat next to Rob. Chris leans back in his chair as he crosses his right foot over his left knee, and with sheer sarcasm, he spouts out at Robert.

” You look like hammered dog shit.”

Robert fires right back at Chris.

” Well fuck you too, prick.”

Chris snickers under his breath while Robert looks over Chris’s shoulders towards the door while he asks.

” Oli not with you? He hasn’t returned any of my calls the last few days.”

” He’s not… and there’s a very good explanation. I know over the last week or so we’ve been in and out of contact; we got em’.”

Sheer happiness floods off the face of the former Universal Champion and exudes from his pores!

” Did you just say…”

Chris interjects.

” We got em’.”[green]

Robert runs both hands over his face as he lets out a sigh of relief as he rests in his hospital bed while Chris continues.

[green]” Oliver is running further recon which is why you can’t reach him because it is, in fact, deeper than one person, and it’s a fucked situation if you ask me…”[green]

” Do I even want to know?”

Chris uncrosses his leg putting it back on the floor as he leans forward towards the side of the bed.

[green]” That’s up to you…”

Robert glances up at the ceiling as he thinks while letting out a second, deeper sigh. We see Chris raise his right butt cheek so he can retrieve his cell phone out of his back pocket.

” The footage is right here and it answers a piece of the questions… I just don’t know if you want to see it…”

This entire experience has changed the former Universal Champion because for the first time he comes to terms with the bull’s eye on his back inside and outside of the ring. You can see a tear start to develop in the corner of Rob’s left eye He rubs this right side of his face, shielding Chris from seeing the tear that’s already been spotted. Robert quickly pulls himself together as he coughs before breaking his silence.

” Yeah man…”

Slightly nodding his head he continues.

” I need to see this for myself.”

” Are you sure?”

Robert nods his head while he responds to Chris.

” I’m ready.”

” Fine.”

Chris opens the video on his phone as he hands it over to Robert who looks on after hitting play. The footage is in color as Robert Main is walking down the backstage hallways in Milan, Italy from Warfare on December 23, 2020. The date is stamped on the lower right-hand corner of the screen. He’s walking away from the camera when stepping out of a room off the hallway is a hooded figure in black jeans, a black long-sleeve button-down shirt with a piece of four-foot lead pipe in his right hand. Robert watches for the first time as this figure comes up from behind within a matter of seconds and swings violently cracking Robert on the right side of the skull dropping him as he walked.

Robert looks away from the screen, cringing. Chris reaches over and taps on the screen pausing the footage’s playback.

” I know it isn’t easy to watch, but you need to finish it.”

Slowly Robert turns his head back towards the cell phone screen in his hands. Chris taps the screen resuming the playback. With Robert now lying prone on the concrete floor as the masked attacker takes off leaving the screen causing Robert to state.

” He left…”

” Keep watching.”

The screen switches to a second camera that catches the masked attacker assuming he’s in the clear to pull off his masked and reveal himself…

[Image: giphy.gif]

” That mother fucker!”

Out of sheer anger Robert hurls Page’s phone across the room shattering it against one of the walls of the hospital room. Chris slides his chair back away from Robert’s bed and out of harm’s way while Robert lashes out.

” Tell me he paid! Jesus I’m going to rip him apart!”

Knowing it is lost cause Chris attempts to calm the situation as he gets out of his chair.

” He’s DEAD! He’s a dead man walking!”

” Brother calm down man… you need to chill out because that’s not all of it dude!”

Robert continues to go in as we see Chris come around to the foot of the bed, his hands hit the frame taking Robert’s attention and stops the screaming from the former Universal Champion.

” Listen to me and stop screaming like a fucking child!”

Robert starts to finally calm down, taking slow deep breaths as he looks ahead at Chris who removes his hands from the bedframe and is standing upright, his arms crossed across his chest.

” I know you’re pissed brother but this is chess, not checkers. I’m just as upset as you are; trust me when I tell you that there’s not a whole lot left of Thunder Knuckles after we got through with him. I’m going to spare you the details for now but I need for you to know that Thunder Knuckles was just a piece of this puzzle.”

Robert finally calms himself down completely as his breathing becomes more normal.

” Tell me what you and Oli did to that bastard?”

” He paid a hefty price for remaining silent. Maybe he got his jaw cracked with a pair of Brass Knuckles, perhaps he had a fingernail or two plucked… and maybe some waterboarding was involved… but in the end… he talked, they always talk.”

Chris walks back around the bed towards his chair. He pulls it back up to the bed.

” He gave up the tracking number from an Xbox transaction that we traced to a source that Oliver is looking into as we speak.”

Robert states.

” You let him go it alone?!”

” Bro I do have commitments tomorrow night in Green Bay if you don’t remember, Snow Job ring any bells? Universal Title on the line?

Robert nods his head a few times while Chris continues.

” I meant it when I said that I was going to win this match for you because this was your shot. You’ve got to know that as much as I want to finish the job with Oliver it would have forced me to miss Snow Job… which makes all the work we’ve done to get this far would be for nothing. Oliver is a big boy and if I thought for one second that anything crazy would happen I wouldn’t have sent him.”

” He does know how to take care of himself.”

Chris retakes his seat as the conversation with Robert continues.

” I know you’re still processing all this, rightfully so. I just need for you to fully recover because we left just enough of Thunder Knuckles for you to finish off. From there we will move up the snake until we cut off its head. In the meantime rest and get back in the game, while I know you’re going to want to be at Snow Job… watch it from here, and know that when you get back in the mix and we slay the beasts that did this to you that I will be carrying the Universal Title and you will get your shot you are owed.”

” This is not even about the title anymore… it is as personal as personal can get. When I get back into the fold the first order of business is going to be revenge. I’m going to make the fathers of Thunder Knuckles and whoever else is involved in trying to end my life regret not using a rubber.”

Chris sits back and listens as Robert states.

” You do what you got to do to get that strap and when you hear from Oliver will you let me know?”

Chris’s eyes grow wide before he motions towards the far wall of the room with a head nod as he sarcastically responds.

” I mean you did just smash my phone bro.”

” Fuck, sorry.”

” Don’t worry about it dude… I’ll grab another, yes I’ll let you know when I hear from him… but don’t get restless if it takes a few days because he’s deep undercover right now. When I say it’s deeper than Thunder Knuckles it’s deeper than BoB and it’s deeper than the XWF. You got somebody out there that wants you permanently out of the picture..”

There’s nothing but sincerity from Chris Page as he leans forward resting his right elbow on the side of Robert’s bed while continuing.

” This is dangerous… I have a feeling that it’s only going to go further. You don’t have a hell of a lot of friends throughout the success you’ve had both in and out of the ring. You are a marked man, always have been but now the snakes are coming out of hibernation. I feel bad enough that this happened to you; even worse that it happened while I was in the same building not even one hundred feet away. Given the nature of just how far these guys might go, I’ve taken the liberty of hiring private security for you around the clock.”

Robert’s eyes shift over Chris’s shoulder through the window and out into the hallway where all he can see are the backs of two gentlemen in black suites built like brick shithouses; one on each side of the door before shifting his attention back towards Chris.

” This is not necessary man.”

” The fuck it is man! Someone is trying to kill you! What part of this has nothing to do with wrestling are you not comprehending? You might not deem it necessary, but I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if something else happened to you with me knowing the information I know.”

” What do you know that you are not telling me?

Chris starts to get up out of his chair while Robert maintains eye contact with his best friend.

” Robert just know whatever I’m not telling you is because it has not been confirmed or denied yet. I won’t put thoughts in your head or feed you information that has not been substantiated. The threat is real.”

” Alright man if you think it's best.”

” At least for now.”

There’s a sigh from Robert.

” Listen, watch the show and know that I’m bringing this title home for you.”

Chris and Robert fist bump.

” I’ll hit you up after Snow Job… unless I hear from Oliver first.”[/i]

” Alright brother.”

Chris turns and walks back across the room towards the closed door. Chris turns around looking over at Robert in the bed and flips him off which garners a sly smirk from Robert as he shakes his head and hollers out.

” Fuck off.”

Page laughs at Robert as he lowers his right hand before walking out into the hallway of the hospital where he closes the door behind him. On either side of the door, the two massive private security stand seemingly intimidating if anyone would try to come for Rob.

[green]” He doesn’t leave the room under any circumstance, understood?”

” Yes sir.”

” Use force if necessary… I’m serious.”

” Understood sir.”

Chris steps in front of the window looking in on Robert who is flipping through the channels on the television. Chris reaches into his back left pocket pulling out a second cell phone. Chris walks away from the window and down a stretch of hallway. Chris dials a number on the phone and places it to his ear. There is silence for a second or two before all Chris says.

” Walnut Brain bought it all every step of the way.”

A sinister snicker escapes from Chris Page as he then says.

” Mission is nearly complete.”

Chris ends the call before placing the phone in his back pocket as he reaches the lobby of the floor Robert is on. The elevator opens and we see Chris step on it…

… TO BE CONTINUED

THE INTERVIEW PART 1:

The scene opens as we are with Chris Page on an interview set for an exclusive sit with XWF99.com and longtime XWF Journalist Steve Sayors.

” Good to see you again Steve…”

There’s an obvious eye roll from Steve Sayors who can’t help but remember the lead into High Stakes as he spent six weeks chronicling Chris Page on his road to the Battle Royale only to be left holding his dick on a street corner in bum-fuck U.S.A.

” Always my pleasure, Chris.”

” Of course it is.”

Chris adjusts into the chair getting as comfortable as he can as the final preparations are taken before recording can begin. A few more seconds pass before Steve looks directly into the camera as it shoots straight ahead on him while in intro’s

” Good evening wrestling fans and thank you for joining me today as I sit down with one of the most outspoken individuals to ever lace a pair of wrestling boots, some love him while most hate him, he will tell you to fuck off on a moments notice and is going to be challenging for the XWF Universal Championship tomorrow night live at a sold-out Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin in the Main Event of Snow Job 2021- Ladies and gentleman he’s a former XWF Tag Team Champion, former XWF Television Champion, and a former XWF World Heavyweight Champion… “Chronic” Chris Page.”

Camera pans back revealing Chris sitting comfortably in his chair without a care in the world.

” Always a pleasure Mr. Page.”

” As well it should.”

Chris winks with his right eye towards the camera.

” You’ve had a very interesting close to 2020 and start to 2021 if I do say so myself. Going back to High Stakes Cataclysm is defeated by Doctor Deville and Thaddeus Duke ending what was going to be a record-breaking run as the XWF World Tag Team Champions had the titles been retained only to turn back around in the High Stakes Battle Royale and eliminate Doc and the current XWF Xtreme Champion Reggie Estrada, and now here you are poised to challenge Thaddeus Duke for the Universal Title in what most might call the feud of the year for 2020. We have a lot to cover, but I’d like to start by getting your take on the roller coaster your career has been on over the last five or six months. You have broken out of the pack and been called a “workhorse” on more than one occasion. How does that make you feel?”

Chris takes a moment to soak in the entire nature of the statement that led into Steven’s opening question.

” Listen I’m here doing my job. My job is to be the best of the best and stand over anyone that stands before me. I happen to take what I do inside that squared circle incredibly seriously but more importantly, I take this profession, this sport of Wrestling more seriously. We can waste our time talking about the last eight weeks or the last six months and pretend the viewers watching this aren’t already aware of how and why we’re here. I’ll leave that to Thaddeus since he seems to struggle with anything tangible to say while he tries desperately to make up ground for being the fuck up he is.”

Chris takes a moment before he follows up.

” Let’s talk about High Stakes and let’s talk about the individual performance I put up against a group of talent that had to rely on others just to be remotely successful. I tossed out the number two man in this company like the sack of shit he is, I tossed that wanna be legend Doc out like the piece of trash that he is… but I also fell victim to bullshit was the closing moments of that Battle Royale. Witness should be just as upset about how all that played out as I am because all Doc and Corey did was take a shit all over the work that was put in by the talents that gave a shit about leaving with their arms in victory; but hey that’s okay, right? That’s condonable by the hypocritical nature of our alleged “good guys” versus our “bad guys”.
So maybe Thad’s right when he says WE did it because it damn sure wasn’t him on his merit or abilities contrary to what he’d love for everyone to believe.”

” Chris you and Thad have been at each other’s throat for the better part of six months that’s spanned three title divisions, what does it mean to you for this thing to finally come to an end with the Universal Title on the line?”

” I’ve made no bones about it Steve… The XWF Universal Title is the only title that I have ever challenged for that I have not won. Think about that statement for just a second; I’ve been in the business for thirty years and have won major titles in every company I’ve graced with my presence, but never have I cracked the code to the XWF Universal Championship. My only other encounters were opposite Robert Main and Unknown Solider with the only pinfall “loss” coming at the hands of Robert Main with that being a questionable decision at best. When you think about Thaddeus Duke versus Chris Page you think back to everything that’s transpired to this point only to add in the Universal Title into the mix… cha-ching.”

There’s a light laugh from Chris as he now crosses his right ankle over his left knee

” I know you don’t want to go deep into the past but we have to touch on how you found yourself in this position to challenge for the top title when originally Robert Main was going to step back into the limelight of that Universal Title division. As we all know there was an attack on Robert on the December 23rd edition of Warfare that has sidelined him since. You’ve been tight-lipped on the overall condition of Robert, can you give the world an update on your tag team partner?”

” Well Robert’s more than just a tag team partner he’s a brother to me. What happened to him was and is being handled without any help from the Xtreme Wrestling Federation. The deal is this, Robert was on his way to the ring when he was assaulted with a deadly weapon, the shot callers in the XWF can careless, they’ve done what they did when they fucked the both of us out of culminating our angle in 2019… threw him away. The man has been in a private hospital for a month, and do you think for one second that anyone from the XWF has called to check in with him? Do you think anyone that claims to care about Robert other than me has put up any effort in trying to track down the responsible parties?”

Steve answers the question with a question.

” Do you know who the responsible parties are?”

” Here’s what I’m willing to share with the world. Over the last several weeks not only have I been preparing to take that Universal Title off Thad’s plate I’ve also conducted my investigation that has led to the implications of several people currently on the XWF Roster. What baffles my mind is how I can uncover a conspiracy to not only end the career but quite possibly the life of the biggest box office attraction of the modern era while Theo and Vinnie are tugging on each other’s peckers.”

” Wait, you’re telling me to live on camera that you’ve uncovered some people responsible for Robert’s attack? “

” I’m not only telling you that I’m also telling you I’ve gotten to one of them already and it’s led me to someone else. When it comes to Robert the only thing everyone needs to know is that he’s going to make a full recovery, and when he returns it’s going to be open fucking season on everyone that’s fingerprints are on this attack. Before you ask, no I’m not dropping names… they know who they are and they know to keep a low profile, or my buddy and I are going to visit them and finish what we’ve already started. When I left Rob I told him the same thing I’m going to tell you. When it comes to Snow Job I’m dedicating my victory to him. He’s going to be watching live on Pay-Per-View just like millions of others, and they’re going to watch me do what I do best… show up and steal the show. “

Chris uncrosses his right leg placing it back down on the floor.

” The fun and games are over and now the time for the real men to step up and take the reins of this federation. The cleansing of this federation is about to begin and everything that I’ve worked for over the last several years has finally come full circle and I’ve never found myself in a better position to show this federation what a REAL leader is all about. Not some little shit that can win titles but NOT defend, no some punk that has to lie about being on a TV set for a show that doesn’t exist so he didn’t have to look me in the eyes and sign his name to the contract. That groundwork for his next excuse has already been laid for him; but let me tell you, him and the world that once this is over and Thad goes home for another thirty days to lick his wounds there’s not going to be a rematch. The final Chapter means just that, the final chapter. With it being the final party you’d think he’d be a little more on the ball rather than playing second fiddle, you’d think he would want to set the example instead of being exposed for the POSER that he is.”

Chris speaks intently as he takes several deep breaths and just as Steve is about to move on Chris looks intently at him while spouting out.

” I wasn’t finished.”

Chris’s eyes shift towards the hard camera giving it his undivided attention where there’s nothing but sheer and utter determination within the tone of his voice while he states.

” With my best friend and tag team partner stuck in a hospital watching instead of being at Snow Job to watch as I finally put it all together and take that one title that has just been outside of my grasp is just more motivation to push me harder while throwing more gasoline on this blaze that’s going to engulf Thaddeus tomorrow night. Robert is going to be by my side in spirit, when I can’t go any further he’s going to kick me in the ass and elevate me to a level that even I didn’t know existed. Unlike you, Thad, Robert is not a poser, he is not fake or phony and is not here just for the sake of a paycheck. He and I are not like you for you see we give a shit about what we are trying to accomplish and collectively we have worked too goddamn hard for too long to see some self-absorbed little boy that hasn’t got the first clue to the level of responsibility that is really on his shoulders. It’s a joke to him that he isn’t manning and DEFENDING both of his titles that he was man enough to win on his own.”

Chris pauses for just a second before continuing,

” What’s to sit he’s getting lucky and pulls off a successful defense tomorrow night, does he forgo defending the Tag Titles next month as well? If so where the fuck is any of that fair within the structure of the company? It sends a clear message that the rules don’t apply to certain people which is something I’ve said about this company ever since I’ve been back in the mix. You can’t turn a blind eye, strip the mother fuckers from Doc and Thad and let two guys that want the honor of defending them take them. It’s not the division's fault that Duke is just “too busy” to handle his responsibilities as a Champion much like he was “too busy” to show up and sign the contract on Warfare. Thad, you don’t give a fuck about this federation other than it giving you yet another handout! You haven’t earned a goddamn thing you’ve gotten and now more than ever when YOU had the opportunity to step to the plate and prove it… you failed.”

Chris leans forward towards the camera.

” You have followed by breadcrumbs every step of the way while doing and saying exactly what was expected and when it was expected. You don’t see that? You don’t see how I’ve masterminded this entire program to lead me right here, right now? I wasn’t expecting the title to be in the mix, and while you certainly had A LOT of help there too it’s set me up nicely to snatch it from your grasp and send you back to the kiddie table where you can have pissing contests with Charlie Nickels since that seems to be both of your things. The title, the Final Chapter, Robert Main all play a part in what makes this one match, this blows off if you will, pack a bigger punch than anything either of us has done before. I can sit here and confidently say that I am performing on a higher level and I’ve peaked at the right time over the last several weeks while you have been distracted by bogus outside endeavors, campy soap operaesque bullshit. You’ve put your foot in your mouth while I’m the guy that’s going to make you choke on it.”

… TO BE CONTINUED

CHAPTER 8:

[Image: wp2392187.jpg]

Lambeau Field, site of XWF Snow Job tomorrow night live on Pay-Per-View is the site as our scene opens. We are on a loading dock as a black town car with full windows tinted can be seen pulling into the back of the field through a large set of open dock doors. Just inside several large XWF production trucks parked side by side can be seen as well as several large groups of stagehands working diligently on the final preparations for tomorrow night’s showcase event.

The town car comes to a stop. The back driver’s side door opens were stepping out of the car is none other than the challenger for the XWF Universal Championship, the man that many have said has the champion’s number, the man that doesn’t put outside ventures in front of professional obligations and lie about them, the man that has been a staple for the term “workhorse” within the locker room of the XWF and the man who is laser-focused on stripping Thaddeus Duke of whatever pride and dignity he has left.

“Chronic” Chris Page.

Chris removes the shakes from the front of his shirt and places them over his eyes before brushing the left shoulder of his sport coat with his right hand. He focuses his attention straight ahead while walking forward towards a large fifty-foot section of black backdrop that leads us to some steps and scaffolding to get us up towards the entrance for this mega show. Chris takes the walk while the thoughts of the past, the present, and the future start to run through his head.

It is interesting how something that started over something so trivial as the Television Championship some six months ago has led us to over ninety thousand people jam-packing Lambeau Field amidst a pandemic and all just to witness the culmination of six months of bickering like a couple of teenagers over who has the bigger dick; and yes, yes I do, has come full circle.

Chris walks up the two flights of stairs built into some scaffolding to reach the entry point for Snow Job. He walks through a curtain and out to the top of the ramp.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Chris stands at the top of the ramp, it’s brisk and chilly as the wind starts to whip throughout the stadium. He takes a moment to look around the near-empty stadium as the dark skies linger above. There’s a handful of crew members doing some odds and ends around the ringside area, busy as can be because in less than twenty-four hours the world will be watching.

This is the time.

This is the place.

Failure isn’t an option because with failure comes the realization that chasing the Universal Championship will be out of my equation. Questions have been raised about if maybe I’ve put more pressure on myself by verbally making that known; the simple answer is no. I’m a different breed, a different caliber of a performer that takes an awful lot of pride in marketing myself without a title around my waist, the way I see this is just another match that I will give everything I’ve got to leave with my arm raised in victory; but let’s be clear, I said I would challenge for it, I didn’t say I wouldn’t accept a challenge if it was presented.

” It is a shame Robert can’t be here for this.”

My ultimate fuck you to Robert Main is going to be the moment that the final bell tolls and the announcement is made that I am the new XWF Universal Champion. All he had to do was just stay away and let me finish what I started. When Thaddeus “won” the title at High Stakes Robert could have not been a prick and gave up his spot for me to finish this thing for good. Did he do that? Fuck no! Why? Because he knew that if I had this chance I would do the one thing that he is scared shitless for me to do… step out of his shadow by taking my spot on top, a place even he knows is almost two years past due.

The plotting and planning on my behalf have been nothing short of genius.

When Solider put Robert in the hospital in 2019 I made sure the first mother fucker he saw in his room was me. I made sure that I kept everyone from the hierarchy of the XWF away; I kept everyone out of his ear so that I may play my game. I got inside his head; I manipulated him into thinking that we had a common goal in fucking over the establishment that fucked us over. I convinced him that I had his best interest at heart; I carried him to the XWF Tag Titles when I beat the unbeatable Noah Jackson in the middle of that ring, I lured him into the dark place that he finds himself into this very day… and I am the man responsible for putting him in the hospital very he finds himself today.

” Tomorrow night is going to be my crowning moment. You can feel it in the air that the Duke Nation is going to crumble under the weight of Chris Page.”

I wish I could tell you that I am remorseful of my actions… but I am not. Robert had it coming, and with it being a matter of time before the truth is revealed to the world I took a lot of honor in not only taking him down but putting his fuck face of a brother back behind bars. It was one of the best-laid plans if there ever was one. When I saw Robert’s face light up when Oliver walked into that hospital room I couldn’t help but feel joy and satisfaction knowing that I am going to be responsible for putting Oliver away for the next twenty years.

When I play a game I play for fucking keeps.

This has been carefully thought out, planned, and executed to where I got what I wanted. Robert out of the picture and me standing in front of the world under the bright lights and big cities to finally cement my legacy as the XWF Universal Champion. This runs deeper than Rob, but it shows partly what lengths I’ll go to to get what I want. When the news breaks that I was behind Rob’s attack there’s going to be a plethora of people pointing the finger of “I told you so”. Congratulations in advance for being able to point out the fucking obvious when I pretty much told everyone a year ago the time would come when I would pull the trigger on a well-orchestrated plan.

… and here we are.

What’s more than comical to me is how minimal Thad’s role is in all this. He’s walking into Snow Job under the false notion that I give a fuck about what’s transpired over the last six months when in actuality the last six months all Thaddeus was and is to me in someone to pass time with. When Robert told me he intended to challenge the winner of High Stakes and the winner turned out to be Thad I refused to give him that satisfaction; had it been anyone else other than myself the same thing would have happened to him; this is my time.

Robert Main is done.

You can thank me for it.

He will never be the same again, and should he defy doctor’s orders and so much as step foot in a wrestling ring again I assure you that I’ll be right there and won’t need a baseball bat to crack that walnut brain. I paid Thunder Knuckles to handle the deed and led Robert and Oliver exactly where I wanted them to go.

Goddamn, I’m good.

” Thaddeus has no idea what’s in store for him.”

The trap has been set and he’s walked right into it without batting an eyelash. He’s been my puppet while I’ve been his puppet master. I’ve backed him into a corner where he is now forced to either live up to his self-absorbed hype or he crashes and burns in front of millions of people who will be watching from home. Chris Page might have some semblance of respect for Thaddeus… but I don’t.

Never have.

The internal struggle has nearly come to its endgame; Chris has become weak in attempts to fight me off, to stop me from fully taking over. Even he can only fight that battle for so long before he loses the war. When people look back on tomorrow night when the history books are closed and that Final Chapter is written it is going to end….

The lights at Lambeau Field suddenly go pitch dark.

The sounds of the confused stagehands yelling at each other can be heard before the lights come back up to see…

[Image: s-l300.jpg]

With a Beast standing with all the rewards.

...the end.

THE INTERVIEW: PART TWO

” Would you say that you’re on top of your game?

Steve Sayors is shown sitting next to Chris on the interview set; he seems a little uncomfortable yet continues to speak with the challenger for the XWF Universal Championship.

’ What the fuck kind of question is that? You are goddamn right I am on top of my game. I have never walked into anything unprepared and this deal tomorrow night is the same way. What Thaddeus needs to realize and what the rest of the world needs to realize is that when I play a game I play that game for keeps. I’ve made no mistakes, I’ve carefully plotted my road and even suckered him into a match that I choose that the fucking company couldn’t even book correctly. One fall to a finish, no interference… two men enter, one man, leaves with the ability to call themselves THE best; not a hard concept to come to terms with.”

” I’ll ask the same question only this time in regards to Thaddeus; he’s been on a roll there’s no doubt, do you think he’s at the top of his game?”

Without hesitation Chris blurts out.

” He goddamn better be; listen, Steve, Thad cannot afford not to be on his best game because even he’s smart enough to know that if he is not that this one is over before it even begins. He’s got a lot going on outside of the ring that’s going to directly affect what goes on inside the ring. Thad’s went wrong on so many levels leading to this one chance encounter that even pointing them out at this point has come more redundant than any shit talk he tries to throw at me. We’re getting to that threshold where the talk stops and the actions start. Thad’s deluded as fuck if he thinks he has me figured out; a wise man once said “just when you think you’ve got the answers I change the question.”

There’s a malicious tone to the voice as he speaks at a methodical pace.

” If it comes down to who wants it more? No brainer, you’re looking at me’, if it is a question of dedication and representing the federation? At least I make scheduled appearances and show up to defend titles when I have them regardless of how many I have. Does it come down to who is built to carry this federation on his back and take it back to the promised land? Brother nobody commands the attention or the spotlight more than I do. What this comes down to is who is the better man tomorrow night inside Lambeau Field that’s going to be jam-packed and with the millions of people at home watching and waiting eagerly for that question to be answered. Now I’m going to ask you a question, Steve.”

Chris shifts his gaze over towards Steve, his cold blue eyes lock eyes with the brown pupils of Sayors. Steve takes a deep swallow as Chris asks.

” Do I look like I’m walking into this to leave empty-handed?”

There’s some hesitation from Steve which prompts a second question in a more serious tone from Chris’s voice.

” Do I look like I am walking into this with blinders on?”

” No.”

Steve responds.

” I do not think that I have seen you this focused or driven on anything since you versus Main several years ago.”

” I took Main to the limits at his best… and he trumps Thad in every sense of the game, so what do you think I’m going to do to this kid when we are involved in something that matters?”

There is an awkward silence as Steve grows even more uncomfortable with the blank stare glaring over at him from a very intent Chris Page.

” Steve let me explain something to you and the rest of the people taking the time to watch this; there’s a reason why this is the first and only interview I’m granting on this contest. I’m not out and about making media rounds or playing any of the corporate games that others might be playing. When I showed up in 2019 it was to bring the XWF down; when I leave tomorrow night as the Universal Champion it shall start shockwaves that will be felt throughout the entire wrestling world. I allowed you all to think that I pivoted from that plan but in reality, I’ve misdirected you all and have been playing my own game of chess. This is just the genesis of something much bigger. We’re on the cusp of laying out the most elaborate piece of business any of you have ever seen, or more importantly bothered to notice that will leave your fucking jaws on the floor.”

Chris starts to lean forward which causes Steve to start to lean back into his chair.

” Nobody is going to have to worry about a whole hell of a lot in just about twenty-four hours because when I take center stage you are all going find out exactly what the hell I’m talking about… only then it’s going to be too little too late.”

Chris leans back into his chair which eases some of the tension in the room. Steve Sayors lets out a deep breath before reluctantly asking.

” Some people might say that you take things a little too far at times. What would you say to them now if you had the chance?”

” Since when is pushing the envelope wrong? Ya know you’ll have to excuse the fuck out of me if I do not care if I am stepping all over someone else’s feelings. This is a business and if you don’t have thick skin then do yourself a favor and get the hell out of Professional Wrestling. You can make friends or you can make money, I got plenty of friends and I love making the money. Listen, it’s not my fault that I can outperform guys half my age. It’s not my fault that legends like me can show up at any point and take away any attention from anyone we choose to. That what happens when you are one of the greatest of all time.”

Another pause from Chris before he states.

” There is a reason when guys like me, guys like James Raven or Shawn Warstein’s name hit a card the interest immediately escalates to a fever pitch. If I had to say anything to anyone who seems to think I might go a little too far it revolves around two simple words.”

Chris shifts his attention towards the hard camera before responding.

” Fuck you.”

There’s a cocky smirk on the face of Chris as he redirects towards Steve.

” What’s next for you after Snow Job should you leave with the Universal Championship?”

” Naturally I’m going to correct you because it doesn’t revolve around “should I leave” with it. The question should be what’s next for you when you leave with the Universal Championship; but you know what, before we even go there let me take this opportunity to talk to Thad for just a second.”

Chris’s attention once again shift towards the hard camera.

” You and Doc did me a favor by relieving me of my part of the Tag Titles. They were holding me back from ascending to my rightful place at my rightful time. I don’t have to worry about carrying Robert or making sure his head in the right place to get through another title defense and it has allowed me to put my attention squarely where it rightfully belongs. The master manipulator is back in the mix and it is entirely too late in the game for you to do anything but show up and hand me that title tomorrow night at Snow Job. Save yourself the further embarrassment, save yourself any more exposure for the fraud that you are. This is not the Thaddeus Duke show, never has been. It has always been my show and come the close of Snow Job you are finally going to understand that when you leave empty-handed while trying to figure out a way to put all the pieces back together; but at least you’ll have Corey to cradle you and tell you everything is going to be alright or how there’s no shame to losing to someone like me.”

There’s a distinct pause from Chris before he states.

” It is not the loss of the Universal Title that is going to hurt you the most… it is going to be the bruise to your ego that shall last you the rest of your lifetime. I want you to remember something kid… You are the one that picked this fight, I’m just the one that’s going to end it. When the Final Chapter is written the man that’s going to be left standing is “Chronic” Chris Page.”

Chris shifts his gaze back towards Steve before continuing.

” This is the part where you tell them goodnight.”

Chris gets up from his chair and walks off camera leaving Steve Sayors to soak everything he has just heard.

THE END

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- 2019 Locker Room Leader of the Year
- 2019 Feud of the Year w. Robert Main (you’re welcome)
- Former
[Image: OW3ycxe.png]
[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
XWF World Heavyweight Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Chris Page's post:
(Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (01-31-2021), Lycana (01-31-2021), Robert "The Omega" Main (02-01-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-30-2021), Unknown Soldier (01-30-2021)