Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 10:02 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Snow Job 2021 RP Board
The Hunt- Chapter 1
Chris Page Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

01-18-2021, 03:44 PM

** OOC- All characters used in this entire series have been cleared by handlers and have been approved by them **

Our scene opens as we see Chris Page walking into the private hospital room of Robert Main. Robert has been sidelined since being attacked on December 23r, 2020. His injuries haven’t been made public, and for very good reason.

[Image: single-patient.jpg?w=460]

” Yo….”

Chris stops in the doorway noticing immediately that the room is empty and the bed is freshly made. The look of confusion is almost priceless when suddenly the sound of the toilet flushing off-camera is heard. Moments later the bathroom door opens and standing in full-blown hospital gown sex appeal is Robert Main who is scruffy as fuck given the extended stay within the four walls of his room.

” Well isn’t this a sight for sore eyes.”

Chris snickers to himself as he looks at Robert up and down in his knee-high hospital gown.

” Are we doing this already?”

Robert scoffs as he slowly takes several steps forward before Chris reaches out and helps Robert back over towards his bed. Chris, with one arm supporting his best friend, pulls back the covers on the bed before helping Robert down on to the mattress to a seated position.

” Goddamn son, you’ve gotten heavier since you’ve been here. Hospital food is doing ya right!”

Naturally Robert raises his left hand displaying a middle finger towards Chris who in turn takes two steps back before pretending to catch the bird in his right hand before placing it in the right pocket of his jeans while Robert gets back into bed under the covers. Chris has a seat in the chair next to the bed.

” So I saw on Warfare that it clear that the General Managers can give two shits about who attacked me…”

” That seems to be the consensus, man.”

Chris leans forward looking Robert in the eyes seeing the anger resting behind them.

” We both knew that was coming which is why my investigation is already underway. I told you that I wasn’t expecting much out of that hippie Diamond or the XWF in general because that’s just the way they are. Take you for what you’re worth and then throw you away and onto the next failure that’s supposed to save the sinking ship.”

” You’d think after everything that I’ve done that they would have at least asked some questions. It’s downright insulting that here I am laid up in a fucking hospital bed after everything I’ve given them and yet nothing; not a phone call, not a check-in.”

Robert scoffs as he simply shakes his head.

” Listen, bro, don’t let it get to you because they pay you very well. Keep cashing those checks man because that’s where you’re getting them back. You’re the biggest attraction the XWF has had in YEARS regardless of to the contrary of any arguments anyone wants to make. While it’s easy to get pissed off about it just remembers that while they’re not going to find out what happened… we are.”

” We?”

Chris leans back in his chair reaching behind his head with his right hand giving it a light scratch as he says.

” Yeah man… we.”

Chris nods towards the door causing Robert to turn his head were standing in the door frame in all black with a leather patch on as Chris calmly states.

” I enlisted some help.”

[Image: original.gif]

” Oliver.”

Oliver Main walks into the room and shuts the door behind him. He walks over to his brother's bedside looking down at him with a tear in his eye as he says.

” Brother.”

The two brothers bump fist as Oliver takes the seat on the opposite side of the bed from Chris.

” The way I see it is this is a family affair, and while I might not be blood I’m just as much a brother to you Robert as Oliver. I knew it would come to this and come to us having to go into business ourselves if we wanted to get to the bottom of who is responsible for all this.”

” And since you’re stuck here…”

Robert suddenly mutters under his breath.

” Fucking quarantining…”

” The world we live in..”

Oliver then breaks back in.

” When Chris hit me up and told me about what happened and asked for my help my gut told me to refuse because if anyone gains anything from you being sidelined it’s him…”

Robert breaks in.

” Chris didn’t do this…”

” I know.”

Sarcastically Page spouts out.

” I’m glad we’ve all come to terms on that., sheesh.”

” The question becomes who else benefits from having you on the shelf?”

Robert thinks about this very question because that list could very well read like a who’s who. It’s not every day someone like Robert walks into a federation, starts at the bottom and completely dominates any and every one that’s put in his path. He’s a double threat when it comes to physically but more importantly mentally. He’s is the measuring stick and everyone knows it.

” The other obvious is Thaddeus or Chris Chaos… I mean we didn’t keep it quiet that you intended to challenge whoever left that particular match as the Universal Champion. You’d own them both with ease so why wouldn’t either of them want you in the equation if they know they’re walking into a guaranteed loss?”

Robert waves off the initial statement as he responds.

” Nah, Chaos isn’t smart enough to pull off something like this and Thaddeus is too chicken shit to remotely try me like this. He might be a lot of things but stupid isn’t one of them.”

” All the more reason to take a closer look at them, they’re on the suspect list.”

” I think that’s a waste of time, honestly.”

” Based on what we can tell it’s not like you’ve got a whole lot of supporters. Outside of Chaos or Duke you’ve got this “left hand” running around trying to make names for them, you’ve got BoB that has been dormant and are coming back full force.”

” Lots of directions to go down in such a short period.”

” Here’s the good news…”

Chris politely chimes in gaining the attention of both Robert and Oliver.

” I spoke to the head of security at Fiera Stadium in Milan, I filled them in on what’s transpired and he’s agreed to send us the security footage from December 23rd. I mean I don’t know what if anything is on it… but it’s at least a starting point… not to mention one step more than the XWF has taken to try and get some sort of resolution. The way I see it if this Stadium is covered like most with cameras throughout there’s got to be something to get us going in the right direction.”

Robert and Oliver both attempt to speak at the same time only to have Oliver yield the floor to his brother.

” When will you have the footage?”

” Whenever they send it, it’s not like I can control that homie. I spoke to him earlier this morning so it’s a waiting game at this point, but I’ve got an extra pair of eyes with Oliver and collectively we look at every inch of that stadium that’s covered with video. We already have a timetable on when it happened so half of the work is already done for us. The cameras had to have caught something. My gut tells me they did.”

Oliver buts back in.

” Hypothetically speaking; let’s say they don’t catch anything and we’re stuck here in the same position. Who do we look at first?”

” I mean Rob said it’s a waste of time but I do think that Chaos and Thad deserve a harder look. Either of them leaving with that title put them in harm’s way of Robert and both of them know that Robert would have snuffed them out in a matter of seconds; embarrassment is a very interesting emotion that can lead people to do some pretty stupid things.”

There’s a pause amongst the trio before it’s broken by Oliver.

” This strikes me as a group attack, I mean Robert can take care of himself… he’s always been able to scrap when the time called for it. One person getting the drop of him like this doesn’t feel right.”

” Which I completely understand that train of thought as well but it wasn’t until I talked to Robert after the attack that I got the specifics on what he could remember…”

Chris shifts his attention towards Robert as he continues.

” You told me that it was quick; one-minute lights are on the next the lights are off. That sounds way too much like a shot to the back of the head with some sort of object which means in theory that one person could have gotten the drop on Robert as he was walking the hallway headed towards the ring. Outside of me the only other two people that have anything to gain would be Chaos and Thad.”

” They were in the ring bro… there’s no way it could have been either of them.”

” Correct… but they both have friends that are enemies. Think back, don’t you remember we buried Sebastian Duke on national television? Old man Duke stands just as much to gain with his kid running around on top; again I’m just saying motives are there if when we receive this footage nothing is revealed.”

” The smart thing to do here is not to speculate. I think we need to sit back for a second and wait for this footage to show up and let’s see what we see. There’s got to be something somewhere and let’s make sure before you guys pounce on anybody that we’re right about this. No room for errors. Somebody out there tried to end my career, and for that, I’m going to bring them to the seventh layer of hell to eliminate them myself.”

Robert turns his head towards Oliver while he continues.

” Oli, I’m glad you signed on for this with Chris. I know the Tombstone gig was shaky at best between the both of you, but to see you here and now ready to tackle the fucking world with him on my behalf means everything to me. The two of you together, nothing will stop either of you.”

Robert now turns his head towards Chris.

” You taking the lead on this when the company that I made rich beyond their wildest dreams when nobody else would give them the time of day only solidifies you as the standup guy you’ve always been. You’ve got a lot on your plate and you’re handling it all like a goddamn rock star. I’ll be getting out of here soon enough and when I’m out I’ll join you both and bring this coward to a proper and fitting demise.”

Chris starts to stand up from his chair while he re-enters the conversation.

” Listen you focus on getting the fuck out of here and leave this shit to us because we’re going to lock this down and find the person or persons responsible for this.”

Suddenly…

Chris reaches into his back pocket retrieving his iPhone where he looks at who is calling before excusing himself from the conversation.

” I’ll be right back.”

Chris walks around the end of the bed and towards the closed door of the hospital room. He opens the door and steps out into the hallway closing the door behind him as he leaves Robert and Oliver before answering the phone and holding it to his ear.

” Not the best time…”

There’s some agitation in the voice of Page as he looks into the hospital room of Robert through the window to see Robert and Oliver talking amongst themselves, Chris turns his back to the window as he states in a very low tone of voice.

” What do you mean? That’s unacceptable under any uncertain terms and more importantly, it’s not what we agreed upon.”

Chris intently listens to what the voice on the other end of the phone is saying as his left-hand hits his hip before he’s able to say.

” What I’m saying is I’m at the hospital right now…”

Chris turns back around looking back in at Robert and Oliver who are continuing their conversation as Chris continues.

” You agreed to give me the footage, and need I remind you that I’m hopping on a plane in just under two hours to head across the goddamn country to see you… my trip had better not be wasted or maybe you’ll be wasted.”

There’s a momentary pause before a more sadistic tone is heard.

” Don’t make me out to be a liar; neither of us will like that outcome.”

Oliver turns around inside the room seeing Chris looking in while on the phone. He starts to walk towards the door and as he does Chris speaks.

” I got to go, see you soon.”

Chris hangs up his phone as Oliver opens the door and pokes his head out.

” Everything okay?”

Placing his phone in his back pocket Chris responds.

” Yeah man, nothing I can’t handle. We need to wrap this up we got a three-hour flight ahead of us.”

” Wait… you mean we’re flying to get this footage?”

” Uh… yeah.”

” I thought you said it was being sent over?”

” Bro, do I look like a hacker? More importantly, if you think for one second that a stadium is going to release camera footage to someone that isn’t authorized to receive it you’re sadly mistaken. I know people on the West Coast that have hacked into the mainframe and have pulled the footage. Robert’s not in a place right now to know that everything we’re doing doesn’t hinge on facts. He’s on a need to know basis for the time being… and right now he doesn’t need to know.”

Oliver’s unsettled which is visible from Chris as he follows up with.

” Head in and say your goodbyes because we’ve got some work to do.”

Oliver nods his head as he steps back into Robert’s hospital room closing the door behind him as he leaves Chris in the hallway. Chris takes the moment to reach back into his back pocket where he pulls back out his cell phone. He redials the previous number before simply stating.

” It’s on.”

Chris hangs up the phone and places it in his back pocket as he looks into Robert’s room through the window seeing the two brothers share a brief embrace. Robert looks towards the window throwing Page a nod of the head which garners a middle finger from Chris Page as the scene fades to black.

Words from the Stoned One:

2020 was an incredible year for me; some might disagree but spending three quarters of the year as one-half of the XWF Tag Team Champions alongside Robert Main as Cataclysm, winning the Television Title and holding both titles simultaneously, albeit briefly, to wrestling multiple times on every major Pay-Per-View event since March Madness, to out working and outperforming ninety-nine percent of everyone on the entire roster. The mere mention of my name has become synonymous with the word workhorse. I have done more in less time than most and I’m constantly that “runner up” when the carrot that matters is dangling in front of my face.

So let’s address the elephant in the room.

Let’s talk about my stints challenging for the one title that has slipped through my fingertips throughout my professional career, the Universal Championship. Throughout my illustrious career, I’ve only danced for that strap three times… all met with that bitter taste of defeat. Leap of Faith 2019; after stealing the show at War Games and beating HALF of APEX-Prophecy SINGLE HANDEDLY; James Raven and Drew Archylde I’m looking at both of you, and coming eyelashes away from toppling the then unstoppable Robert Main that left the jaws of the world on the floor. When Robert and I took the center stage at Leap of Faith we commanded the attention of the masses and finally set the scene on fire. The king that sat on the throne was accustomed to running rough shot over anyone willing to fight him, the king that guys like Fuzz would poke at yet not man up to contend with, and the very man that James Raven knew I couldn’t resist working against when he knocked on my door to make a return to professional wrestling.

Robert Main was taken to very deep waters for the first time since taking that seat.

In that one match, while I suffered that taste of defeat it sparked the controversy amongst the “smart” fans; and while I was poised to finish up with Robert the unthinkable; briefcase cash in stole away what was GOING to be my defining moment. I had Robert’s number and the world knew it.

Did I pitch a fit?

Nope.

I waited in line and got a second shot at the Champion Unknown Soldier. I took my shot and was railroaded by Shane , but what’s important isn’t coming up short, it was being a man of my word and heading to the back of the line. I fought and I’ve clawed to get back into this opportunity, and while this might not have been the original plan I’ve found myself standing in a position for kick-off 2021 on an epic note. I’ve mentioned my other two chances, not in an attempt to bore you with a recap but to express that while even in defeat I’ve come out better on the other side because of the performances I’ve been able to give. I’ve been so close to that Holy Grail that I can seemingly taste it. It’s learning how to preserve through those heartbreaking defeats that drove me to throw my name in the hat for the High Stakes Battle Royale; and even in defeat, my name was on the tips of the tongues right alongside yours, Thaddeus.

In those defeats, it’s only made me want it that much more.

To come so close but to be so far away is the fuel that serves as the ignition to the fire that has been burning in the pit of my stomach, but more importantly, I look myself in the mirror and know that this could very well be my last chance to accomplish the only task that needs to be checked off my bucket list when it comes to Professional Wrestling. It’s the last sliver I validation that I need for ME to be satisfied with my career and everything I’ve been able to accomplish throughout it. I’ve been fortunate enough to stand beside some of the greatest of all time… and beat them.

That’s why it’s so hard for me to wrap my mind around why I haven’t been able to accomplish this one task.

I’ve never questioned how goddamn great I am when it comes to captivating an audience while telling an incredible story. It’s a part of what makes me who I am and makes me a valuable commodity. I can step foot in that ring and call a match based on what the crowd is telling me and give the audience a match of the night by simply showing up to the dance. You don’t think Theo and Vinnie don’t recognize what I bring to the table? More importantly, you don’t think I’m not aware of it? They are the shot callers and when they put my name on a card they don’t have to question if they’re not going to get the very best that I can give them on that night when bell that fucking bell rings.

Think about what I’m about for a second and allow it the time to sink in before you jump to a conclusion.

I’m forty-eight years old.

I’m near twice the average age of the entire roster and am credited with going seventy-five minutes on a Saturday Night Savage while most of you can’t hang for ten. I’m the guy that sells tickets because I’m the guy that strives to leave a lasting impression on whoever bought that very ticket. Contrary to popular belief it has nothing to do with ego or trying to “pop” the boys… it’s always been about “popping” the people occupy every eighteen inches of whatever building if it was a high school gym, Madison Square Garden, the Tokyo Dome, and all points in between.

None of you can touch me.

Has that sunk in?

Now that it has I want you to ask yourselves what that makes you?

If I was to book 2021 right now for Chris Page I’d be booked through November because my peers comprehend what I bring to the table just like the powers that be and just like whoever I’m working with; in this case Thaddeus Duke. I could speak volumes on Thaddeus and probably will do so over the next several weeks; I’m not going to Chaos my opportunity by dropping a bomb only to spend the rest of my time repeating myself. Every word I’m going to speak, every move that I’m going to make is going to have a purpose and a meaning because I have no other choice but to look at this as my last shot at taking the one thing that’s been just out of my grasp… The Universal Championship… It’s the one piece of hardware missing from the trophy room that I have found myself striving to attain when at one time it wasn’t a big deal to me like it’s become over the last year or so. I can’t and won’t speak for the rest of you but it personally embarrasses me when our top-tier title is passed around from one unworthy person to the next like Gilmour’s girl walking the streets to make a quick ten bucks. I’ve been back in the mix for nearly two years and have seen the downward spiral first hand. The top title should be about who is the best of the best and never about political motives or briefcase cash-ins that are partially to blame for the division that’s supposed to matter play second fiddle to the Shooting Star division that has a story developed and is halfway entertaining; and here you all thought I was going to compare it to Robert and me, tisk tisk.

2021 has the potential to start with a bang.

It’s time to stop playing the games and for me to ascend to the top of the mountain on my merit and my abilities not only to shut the mouths of my haters but to validate me as an in-ring performer regardless of who was or is holding that strap. Thad’s role in this is incredibly minor when compared to what he’s bringing with him. There’s nothing more important to me than being the best, and while the credibility of the Universal Title has been drug through the mud I implore you all to go back through my matches since my return and tell me where anyone else can hold a candle to what I’ve fucking done.

People throw the word “deserve” around a lot, especially when it comes to opportunities.

While this opportunity for the title wasn’t originally slated for me there’s not a person on this roster other than Robert that deserves this more. Throughout most of 2020 we intentionally stayed out of the Universal Title picture; even being pursued with the request from Champions to have a match for us to pass on only to have those same people try to come at us for ducking them. Let’s square this up here and now because I know you’re watching and listening; we stayed away to watch it tank like we knew it would. While Robert carried the torch all of you professed he was a Champion without any credible challengers only to find yourselves in that same role begging for us to lend you a little credibility. We can give two fucks about your views or opinions but if we didn’t legitimately DESERVE it you wouldn’t be knocking on our door.

I say that to say when I came across my best friend laid out on his way to make the challenge to recapture his title that if he didn’t challenge for it I was.

I’ve heard all the insinuations and have listened to the accusations. Robert knows it wasn’t me, I know it wasn’t me so keep chasing that imaginary rabbit down that fucking hole because while all of your attention is firmly on me you’re missing the real story that’s being told. Knowing that my brother would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed gives me the instant validation that I made the right call by walking to that ring and issuing my challenge to Thaddeus for the Final Chapter in what has been a rivalry that has taken the XWF by storm since August of last year.

This is our culmination.

Our road has brought us to this point and the excuses we both have going for us are going to be snatched away. This is the only feud I’ve been involved in where neither man has scored a definitive pinfall or submission over the other. It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to climb a ladder and a disqualification isn’t a whole lot to write home to mom about. The question of who the better man is will finally be answered under the brightest lights, on the biggest stage with the biggest story wrapped around what is supposed to be the biggest prize.

You’re welcome.

Now the question becomes do we live up to the hype?

Our track record indicates that isn’t even a legitimate question because we’re going to knock this one out of the park. Over ninety thousand fans are going to pack Lambeau Field all with the anticipation of watching and waiting to see how this unfolds and who leaves with the Universal Championship over their shoulder. It’s not going to be easy on either part, but where I have an edge that you don’t come with the experience I have in environments just like this. Yes, Thad, you’ve had some big matches while I’ve had thousands of high profile affairs. You have no idea just how far I’m going to go and to what degrees I’m going to take you to be that very man that leaves Snow Job with the distinction of being known as the XWF Universal Champion. THIS is your final warning and your last chance to get the fuck out of dodge while you can. I’m coming to Green Bay as a challenger… but I’m leaving as a Champion

- HALL OF LEGENDS 2019
- 2019 Heel of the Year
- 2019 Locker Room Leader of the Year
- 2019 Feud of the Year w. Robert Main (you’re welcome)
- Former
[Image: OW3ycxe.png]
[Image: fMJwa5h.png]
With
Robert "The Omega" Main
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
XWF World Heavyweight Champion
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 11 users Like Chris Page's post:
(01-20-2021), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (01-28-2021), (Gravy_Xtreme_5000) (01-24-2021), ALIAS (01-18-2021), Barney Green (01-19-2021), Corey Smith (01-18-2021), Doctor Louis D'Ville (01-18-2021), HeavensToBetsy (01-18-2021), Lycana (01-31-2021), Thunder Knuckles™ (01-18-2021), Unknown Soldier (01-18-2021)