Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 03:35 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Soft Deadline Desperado
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

11-21-2020, 11:47 PM

"Why Don't You Come To Your Senses?" sings Don Henley. The song ringing through my head and bringing back memories of the days Foley Anderson would play this song on the road and I find myself going back to that era every now and then. So many memories and as I've grown older, I have started to realize what Foley was trying to tell me.

The guy that still keeps teaching me lessons even from beyond the grave and may he rest in peace. He was such a selfless man who gave everything he had for this business. Maybe it is time I call it a career but not before I make one final stand. One final moment. So many friends over the years have passed on yet I keep on trucking.

Why am I still here? What purpose do I have? I keep asking myself that but I know when my back is against the wall, I find a way to keep moving forward. Never been about how many times you fall down. Its about how many times you get back up. I know that lesson all too well. There is one person left I know I can call upon for advice as much as him and I are night and day in terms of how we carry ourselves in the business.

I was more of the guy who would be out drinking with the fans and I don't regret that at all. He was the guy who kept to himself and studied everything. He is Ryou Bakari Itemri. He was the smart one in all honesty. Nearly 50 and was able to walk away. Something I can't do. People like me never learn until we can't go any longer.

I know I can't do the same moves with the crispness I used to have. Have been through many wars in this ring. Ryou was as tough as they came in his heyday. Notorious for his street fights which is the only thing we had in common. We both can hold our own when it comes to a fight. Even as damaged as I am, I can still knock people out. You gotta be tough in order to survive in this business.

This is probably my last shot at the big one and I am gonna kick that door down. The XWF needs a Daddy and I am that guy. The Daddy Of Violence. One of the few willing to fight in death matches barefoot. I am not scared of scarring up my body some more. That is the scary thing. What can really stop me?

Without all my friends over the years, I wouldn't have made it as far as I have in all honesty. From those sleepless nights on the road, The hunger I feel in me. The many bumps over the years. This isn't natural what I've done to my body. I ache on certain days and can barely walk. I am a walking scar at this point. All I know is I've gotten hit in the head a lot and in order to succeed, You gotta be able to withstand a beating.

Let's start talking about some people while I got some time. Corey Smith. Keep ignoring me. I find it hilarious because you don't know what i am truly capable of when I enter this mindset. This is gonna be your funeral. I just drink and don't care about my body. You think I give a fuck about some twink? Daddy is gonna get what he wants.

Witness. Typical delusional nutjob. You talk about the time when certain people couldn't compete. Call me the best of worst, eh? Well, I'm gonna crack you in the mouth. Been in the ring with some of the best and I got a right hook with your name on it. I know the date of the show so be ready for that. I drink my beer and am ready for this.

Baphomet. A little fucking late don't you think? I'm gonna make easy work when it comes to you. This is a warning that fucking with me leads you to a severe beating where you might not even be awake when I get through. You can try to punch me in the face. I'll give you the first shot. I'm begging for that. Daddy wants you to hit him so he can show you what pain truly is.

Champ Sportsman. What a name and a joke. Of course, Big D would be training you. He seems to attract such losers who have no shot whatsoever. Only two sports I know besides pro wrestling is hockey and baseball. Last I checked, There is no fighting in baseball but hockey there is. Learned quite a few moves from studying old hockey fights so get ready. I'll check you right into the ropes and send you over easily like my name was Nicklas Lidstrom.

Pass me another white claw. Ah! That's the stuff. James Evans. You were somebody who I thought was gonna be a real threat but you've gone quiet lately. What a waste of a spot. I'm just gonna steam roll right past you like nothing. Same goes for Reggie Estrada. Marf. Doctor Louis D'Ville. I expected better from that guy but it is what it is.

Chris Page, Thaddeus Duke, and even Corey Smith. Its gonna be one hell of a fight. Page and I represent the last of a dying breed. Much respect for him after that beating he gave me on Warfare. Not taking him lightly at all in this match. Two guys who have been through hell and back. Wore the t-shirt and everything.

High Stakes. November 29th. Tombstone, Arizona. You are in for a treat as I roll up in my garbage truck ready to take out the trash. People like to knock my profession which is fine. I've heard all the jokes at this point but this is one garbage man that won't back down from a fight. Representing Union 441 and all my friends, You are in for a treat because Daddy is ready. Daddy is ready to make his dreams come true. Later, XWF.

Albany, NY
November 20th, 2020

The scene opens up outside in Albany, NY. A truck pulls up onto the scene which pulls over and parks. The door opens and we see Barney Green, Dressed in his uniform, climb out of it and he locks the doors as he walks towards a door and knocks on it. The door opens and we see Ryou Bakari Itemri, dressed in a black shirt with black pants. Ryou goes to speak first.

Ryou: Good to see you, Barn. Any reason why you drove your truck up here?

Barney: Its the only vehicle I own at this point and I don't think my job has noticed it missing yet. I figured I come visit you and ask you for some advice.

Barney pauses as Ryou goes to speak. Ryou motions for Barney to come in.

Ryou: Might as well come in and make yourself at home I guess. Sorry its a mess.

Barney: Thanks. Its better if we do this inside.

Barney walks into the living room which is decorated in a modern black and grey style. Ryou shuts the door and they both go sit down. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: How did you know when it was time to call it a career?

Ryou: That was easy for me. I felt I had nothing left to prove after Lord Of The Ring.

Barney: Fair point I guess. I still enjoy the rush I feel when I come out.

Barney pauses as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: I know that feeling all too well. I saw you on Anarchy still doing those crazy matches. They aren't good for your body which I am sure you realize at this point.

Barney: I realize that hence why I picked up another job to do outside of wrestling but its hard to just make a clean break if that makes sense.

Ryou takes a swig of his drink and then goes to speak.

Ryou: It makes perfect sense. We all become wrestlers in a sense because something went wrong somewhere in our lives and we need the validation of others to feel good. You and I both know that well for different reasons obviously.

Barney: Very true. I do it for the fans and the fact I know I can take the pain that comes with the territory.

Barney pauses as Ryou goes to speak.

Ryou: Yeah but at the same time, You shouldn't have to do that. Look at what you have accomplished. You were the one that nobody would've expected to make it.

Barney: Very true. I wasn't gonna back down from this and i was gonna make my name known despite what people thought about me.

Ryou takes another swig of his drink as Barney continues to speak.

Barney: That was how I looked at things. Maybe I made a few mistakes along the way but I will definitely not be forgotten.

Ryou: Very true to an extent. You shouldn't have let you be known for those crazy bumps because they now expect you to do it. How are you holding up?

Ryou pauses as Barney goes to speak.

Barney: As well as I can be. These bumps hurt over the years but what can you do?

Ryou: You gotta be prepared for this match. I was in something similar back then and now you are following me by doing the same thing. What made you decide to do it?

Barney: Why not at this point. Show them what I got left in my tank.

Ryou takes one final swig of his drink and slams the glass down. He goes to speak.

Ryou: I felt the same way. Just remember, People are gonna be gunning for you so be prepared.

Barney: You are right on that. I know what I am walking into at this point. Nothing surprises me anymore.

The scene fades to black as Ryou and Barney continue talking.

This is my moment. The words that Ryou spoke rang true to me to a degree. Maybe its time for an ending to my career and I know I have a few matches left in me before I call it a career. If I win the Universal Championship, I will sign a new deal because I feel I deserve a little bit more money than this $500 per appearance deal. I have. Can't be a garbage man and I am okay with that. Time is slowly reaching an end for all of us when it comes to the Battle Royal.

All this training has really paid off for me. I feel stronger each day and exercising to get into the best shape I possibly can be for this. Hauling trash cans full of XWF stars that no longer are employed. Its a sad state of affairs. I am ready for this. Win or lose, It is what it is. Daddy is gonna walk out Universal Champion.

Daddy is ready and willing to show you everything he's got left in his arsenal. This is gonna be a fight for everyone involved. I am gonna swing as hard as I can. With my BOB friends around, I got a good shot at winning. Time to spread some positiveness. Peace, XWF.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like Barney Green's post:
Atara Raven (11-23-2020), Charlie Nickles (11-22-2020), Johnny Legend (11-22-2020), Marf (11-22-2020), Ned Kaye (11-22-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-22-2020)