Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:45 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Soft Deadline The Burden of the XWF
Doctor Louis D'Ville Away
Hello, my friends
The 24/7 Shot!

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-14-2020, 11:56 PM

[Image: XyTjvsM.png]

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

This recorded promo takes place prior to the events of Wednesday Warfare 11/12/2020.

A desk sits decorated with your normal office apparel. A little mug filled with writing utensils, a small lamp.. The usual stuff. This desk sits all by its lonesome with a single source of light shooting down at it breaking what the rest would be darkness. Footsteps clap on what sounds like a hard wooden floor. They grow louder and louder until Doctor Louis D'Ville steps into the light and sits down behind the desk. He flails a lit cigar around and its smoke puffs out excessively and creates a circular trail in the air. Doc takes a large drag and takes a deep breath.

Folks have no etiquette these days. You know what I'm talking about; they walk into your home, they don't wipe their boots or, Peter forbid, remove them. They track in whatever scum nonsense they brought with them and expect the grand tour and everything handed over like them coming here is some kind of special treat or even a good thing. WHY are you wasting our time? Why have you come here? Just to flaunt your feathers? Just to prove that you could walk in and take the most prestigious, most glorious, most renowned prize in the entire UNIVERSE? I can't blame you. I would have done the same thing if my agenda these days wasn't so dire to the XWF. I spoke of Chris Chaos being the number one contender, and now, obviously, also choosing to not participate in this thing with us. Most fascinating, but it is what it is, I never knew him as a bright or brave one. With him being number one contender and fighting the champion sooner than later, I thought it would've been in the best of everyone's interest if I just took care of this insect problem, myself.

BUT, hold the phone.

We have a better idea, don't we?

I managed to go from number four to number one on Corey Smith's "To Douche" list. Whether I remain there, well, my point is.... How cute. I love being part of lists, it's fun. It's also completely redundant. Everyone around here, even the folks I don't know seem to recognize the threat.... the END that I could impose on hopes and dreams. They understand that... I may not come out and dance for every song, but that doesn't mean I don't like to dance. I'm a good dancer. I don't need to be listed at number five on XWF's ALL TIME TOP FIFTY or number one on Corey Smith's Top Douchebags to know that you know that, I can get the job done. But as pointless and stupid as they may be, I'm there for a reason.

Your reasoning to follow up your choice though.... Triggers me a bit. To say that the Engineer's reign was enough for you and that you're not ready for another..... nightmare..... That Chris Chaos is the ....... Ugh. Know what? I'll just come out and say it... How dare you compare. My strangleold over this federation is nothing like you've ever seen... You may have watched the tapes, little one. You may have heard the stories, but you have no idea what life was like here while I stood atop the mountain. You compare whatever mind games and nightmares your Engineer brought here, but I'm convinced the one who suffered most from the Engineer's success would be the late Miss Dyson, wouldn't you say? And let's not forget you, of course. And Lux, right? Anyone else that this monster ruined?? And let's just get one thing straight here.

*DEEP BREATH*

What kind of threat do you think that I believe Chris Chaos would bring to the XWF UNIVERSE?

I'll give you a moment.

It was never about Chris Chaos reigning CHAOS on all of us.

Did you think I was worried?

It was never about Chris Chaos....

It was all about the UNIVERSAL Title, my friend.

You speak as if my title reign was something of evil. You yammer on about it being the worst time in the XWF. You talk like you would put yourself in front of a speeding train to stop me because I am far worse than a Chris Chaos!! I am also compared to the ENGINEER! OHHHHHHhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! I would be the last person you would consider as your champion because you know outside of throwing me over a rope you stand no chance against, moi. Sure, Lux blah blah blah. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

"And anyone who knows ANYTHING about the XWF knows this monster threads destruction whenever he wants." Corey's voice echoes through our heads.

Look at yourself. You're so relieved that you are released from the grasp of that guy that you just suddenly believe in YOURSELF to carry out this glorious deed? This burden? What if he comes back and your little nightmare starts over again? What if the ghost of Madison Dyson decides to haunt you and tell you how to invest her money beyond the grave! Will I be so evil then? Will I still be the bad guy? All I'm doing is looking out for the best of everyone and there's always someone that thinks there's a better way. And you did! I knew you would! Your strategy is purrrrfect and I can't WAIT to see if we have the pleasure of watching it all go down. You'll, of course, remove the bad seeds from the batch, right? Then when it all comes down to it you'll sacrifice yourself for the sake of Thaddeus Duke because if anyone deserves this it is HIM!

He DOES deserve it! He deserves to watch you, so unworthy of this prize, to willingly give it up in the sake of an heir that will stand no chance once the wolves surround him. They will swallow him up and spit out his bones, which leaves me to believe that you're just being biased.

Duke seems to have enough on his shoulders lately, anyway. From the start, the burden of the XWF has already seemed to drain him down into nothing at times. Could he hold this burden through the ups and downs...? Through an endless and on going grueling battle with Chris Page?!.... You talk as if beating Chris Chaos and failing to fit right into our daddy's shoes...... is a shoe-in.... If that's the case.....

Duke believes he's worthy. A little sense of entitlement, if you will. He's been nipping at the heels of management for weeks about stealing Chris Chaos's spotlight coming up and I suppose I like the sounds of that. However, like I said, I'm not sure if he's ready to handle the full burden that this most heavy title comes along with. Don't get me wrong! I'm just as proud of the boy as you are. Superstar of the Month and beating Chris Chaos last week or something... His claim to fame is real! I believe it! Even if he pins a pile of Ghost Tank's crap in a triple threat and claims victory over Doctor D'Ville and uses it as proof to my mortality. Was he trying to prove to everyone, just like you, that there's a chance.... am I right? A brink of hope that what everyone thought was going to happen... won't. A wish upon a star. A desperate grab for a ledge.

You both clearly cloud each other and I think, if anything, you're only compromising each other's chances in this whole thing. Grow up.

It makes me sad because I see that someone that I actually looked forward to catch up with once again, someone who I always considered a "Man of the People" whom I adore, as well, has perhaps turned a new leaf with his brotherhood of badguys. To which he now goes by the name Bobbie. I mean, a name change could be the push this guy needs to get back to the half-way top that he once barely had the breath to get up to. It's not much of one, but I know lots of guys who had Richard on their license but prefered Dick. That's kinda how I see Mister Bourbon's transition here. He sees Corey Smith building walls and placing archers at every look-out post along with a moat filled with crocodiles and a draw bridge and an army of heavily armored troops ready to defend from the almighty Doc D'Ville running through them all.... and he's like

"Eh. Doc lost his touch. He's not the 'monster' anymore. I am. I surpassed him and had my third coronary..."

Mister Bourbon, I've never been shy on being a "Bourbon Man". I've placed a lot of respect in you in the past years and it appeared to me that you shared that back to me. Although we have never seen eye-to-eye, I've never once struck a villainous strike upon you. It's all been business, sir, which I am sure you can respect.

To sit there and tell me, after all these years, that I am no longer terrifying to you just..... makes me laugh. Are you the BIG BAD WOLF now, Bobbie? Are you the monster that's going to choke the very spirit out of every competitor in this competition? What kind of steroids are you on these days that gives you the confidence to stand there and tell me that you can hold a candle to my ass? Do I literally have to have this entire federation in a death grip to get any respect anymore? I don't have the accolades of say, James Evans... Who's a champion in every other federation somewhere else. I don't seem to have the followers anymore like the Witness. Nor the talent with puppets as Alias. So, I can see where someone of the likes of Bobbie Bourbon would think what they think. A couple of reruns out of the old Doc and he's a stale piece of bread. He's too far gone now and even a single mistep takes all of his credability away. If you're going to hold such contempt for me you should save your breath and maybe treasure this last little bit of fresh air you have before you get your wish and the stranglehold is back. Attempting to hurt my feelings or even motivate me at this point, Mister Bourbon, is pointless. I have my agenda, I have my quest, and no one, not even you, is going to stop me. You, too, are not ready for this burden.

Ugh. You know who I don't want to bring up? Chris Page. Everyone in this thing just keeps bashing this guy for living in Robert Main's shadow. Don't you absolutely hate hearing that, CCP? You may not care, or shrug it off as if you don't, maybe... I can assure you and everyone else that Robert Main doesn't cast a big enough shadow for someone to live there. I can see you as being a guy that insists he's already established his own glorious legacy and demands that everyone, and I mean everyone, knows about it. We literally just spent three weeks recapping that happened three weeks ago. Admittedly, how I spent my Relentless weekend was pretty boring compared to this guy's, so reliving it wasn't terrible. Aside from throwing a match by diddling a young boy because he gave you a smoochy on the kissy and losing the Television TItle.... But who am I? I only wrestled one match. You managed to hang onto the the Tag Team TItles for now, but I have a feeling your heart and mind were somewhere else those other nights.

Speaking of heart, Barney Green stumbled out of the woodwork to join us for this glorious occasion. Can you believe it? This guy was too old for this shit before Doc D'Ville gave him nightmares. The "Daddy of Violence", back in the XWF to claim the most coveted prize in the UNIVERSE. If you were looking for a champion, Corey Smith, viola! Where can we go wrong here? Barney emineffin' Green! Chris Chaos would tremble in his boots and you won't relive either nightmares? Win/Win?

Doc slams down on the desk and pushes himself up. As he steps away, the light follows him and the desk is eaten up by the darkness. Doc takes several steps and again with every step his shoes clap and echo throughout this existence. He stops and looks back... The place suddenly lights up! It appears to be a center ring of a circus... The four kids and dog that Doc encountered earlier are all gathered in the middle scratching their heads. It is not your typical circus tent set up. It give you the vibe of a circus, but we are underground and the walls and ceiling are made of concrete. It's more like if you had such an event in a sewer or subway. Three passageways lined up next to one another lead out and the gang stand around and contemplate their next step.

L--Like... I think I have a concussion man... I fell on my head and then Scooby's big ass landed on it....

Rhay.... Ruhsn't rye rault!

Would you two shut-up for a second! I'm trying to think!

Where the fuck are we?! Hello?!

It looks like the only logical thing to do is split up or pick a door.

It looks like the only thing left to do is split up and pick doors. Me and Daph will take the right. Shaggy, you and Scoob take the right. Velma, you take the middle. Find a way out of here then report back here! if you can't find anything in an hour---

An hour?! How big can this place be?!

Fred walks over and reaches for Shaggy, but Scooby snaps at him and he jumps back.

Hey! Watch your damn dog. I don't fucking know how big it is, but if it's big enough to not find anything in an hour, come-back-here. Got it?

Whatever man. Let's go Scoob. Maybe there's some old concessions this way or something.

Rah! Rhyme rarvin...

Well if you didn't drop all that popcorn!

The two argue as they start their way towards their door, while Fred and Daphne do the same. Velma hangs out for a moment and decides to examine the room they landed in a bit more. Doc has been pacing circles around them the entire time, unknowingly to them. But Velma, has felt something funny the entire time.... She waits for the rest of the gang to make their separate ways before standing in the center ring and closes her eyes.

I know you're here.

Doc continues to pace a wide, slow circle around her.

I know. You're here. Come out.

Doc snickers at her and stops to light up a big, fat cigar. He blows the smoke Velma's way and she sneezes by the smell. She looks all around her and sees nothing, but Doc stands right next to her now. He stares at her for a moment then strikes another match just to toss it to the ground. A trail of fire begins behind her and leads her straight to the door in the middle. The flame twirls around on the ground and spreads in different directions on the ground before forming a pentagram a few feet in front of her way... The flames glare through her glasses as she stares at them and walks aimlessly towards them... Doc watches in amazement and confusion as the girl walks into the darkness and disappears. Doc shakes his head and cracks his knuckles before winking at all of us and pulling a large shade down over the television screen.

[Image: Kd641BT.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 9 users Like Doctor Louis D'Ville's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-15-2020), ALIAS (11-15-2020), Barney Green (11-15-2020), Charlie Nickles (11-15-2020), Corey Smith (11-15-2020), Dolly Waters (11-15-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Marf (11-15-2020), Unknown Soldier (11-15-2020)