Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:06 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Hats off to the fine efforts of all this far
Marf Offline
THE Marf

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

11-12-2020, 01:03 PM

The wind is blowing so furiously it sounds like a ghostly scream coming from somewhere just out of sight. The road in front of our eyes is definitely not heavily travelled, at least not at this time of night. As we follow along the road we come across what looks to be a deer carcass just to the right of the shoulder. Marf walks into view at this point and approaches the body. He crouches beside the carcass and pulls some of the exposed innards into sight before looking up and waving his bloodied hand.

Marf: Thaddeus Duke, hello there. You sure have a big mouth, it fits well with that big ego and big chip on your shoulder. You have so much going on at the moment, so many different people want to get their hands on you. Gotta keep that head on a swivel pal. But Lil ole me, the deer carcass?

This time he lifts one of the poor dead animal’s legs up and uses it to wave.

Marf: Well me, I just got here essentially. I don’t have to look over my shoulder every second like you, my brand new friend. I have no problem dropping your ass out of that ring. I don’t care about the consequences, hell I don’t even care about winning the actual match at this point. I just want to be in there to ruin other people’s dreams and aspirations. And you Thaddeus, believe you’re placed high on the list of folks I personally want to do this to.

It’s okay to continue underestimating me, the more you do it the more satisfying it is for me to destroy you in that ring. Whether you see it coming or not, and regardless if you care or not, I will get my hands on you. In the meantime, have fun chasing all your pals around while I patiently wait.

Marf leaves the deer and crosses the street to a decrepit lot with an old diner and a closed gas station. There’s a garbage truck parked in front of the diner which Marf wanders over to. He stops in front of the dirty old monstrous vehicle and spits on the driver side window. Marf starts talking to the truck like it can understand him.

Marf: What a blast from the past, Duke the dumpster Droese! Wait no, that’s not your name is it, Barney Green. The miraculous garbage man extraordinaire. Just thinking about that smell that will be wafting from your oafish body is making me sick. Me! I don’t care if you’ve forgotten about me or not, one thing for sure is you won’t be steam rolling anything when I drop you over those ropes to the floor.

A lot of you fine folks are kind of the same. Talking about High Stakes like it is a foregone conclusion they will win. That they will walk away happy go lucky with a belt to prove their worth. And almost everyone in there is doing the same thing. Just trying to get the top prize and be the best of the best.

Marf cocks his head and smiles. He begins walking through the lot and past it. Down a grassy hill he heads to another bigger lot with a sleazy motel and strip bar combination. Marf glances at it and scoffs before walking to the right of the lot and towards the woods.

Marf: I need a palate cleanse before dealing with more of that. Atara got a lucky shot that put me through a table for a flukey win at Warfare. I’m not done with you Atty, not by a long shot...but I need a little time. Between you and my true number one, Ash Quinn, my heart just can’t take it.

Those beautiful moments where my hands are on your skin, becoming one with you both. Feeling your emotions, your deep down thoughts as I grasp onto you. Don’t worry, it won’t be that long when we can dance again. I owe you both one. Or two. I can never keep up, never remember...

... Remember...

Uh oh here he goes again. Wait, he wobbles but then catches himself. Phew, no long drift off this time!

Marf: I really want to like Alias, but I have to admit I was pretty bummed to not be a part of his puppet show. No invite or anything. Not cool man. I can’t promise I won’t toss your ass out now but believe me I don’t want to. You’re far more interesting than those idiots Witness, Champ Sportsman, Job Guy and Estrada. If I really do have a list I can at least promise you Alias, you’d be last on it.

Marf puts his hands together and bows forward. Did he just whisper namaste?

Marf: Someone once told me to get out more so I did. Now I don’t know where the hell I am. I really hope I’m not still in Germany. And most of all hopefully nowhere near another Chris Page promo. I mean, why exactly am I supposed to give a shit about all your accolades I never saw you achieve?

I have many accomplishments over the many years I’ve been in the business. Dozens of titles, trophies and awards, blah blah blah who cares? None of what anyone has done means a damn thing in this match. Don’t worry Chris, you clearly don’t get that like everyone else. You still fit in with your pals. I don’t care who you think you are or who I’m supposed to think you are. I’m going to cross paths with you in that ring and go out of my way to drop you on your cocky skull.

Marf gives another not-so-polite smile and wave as he continues this confusing journey.

Marf: James Evans and Corey Smith were both rambling on so much I didn’t really focus on what they attempted to present as anything but jibberish. It’s a miracle I even remember everyone’s names this go round. I thought for sure I’d leave out some fool or two. But I remembered every mouth that opened...

... Remember...

...I remember...the mouth...

I remember the shape of her mouth when she first spoke to me. She had some silly ring name, Melichacha or some nonsense but I got to know her as simply Mel. Eight long months I wormed my way into the fiery redhead’s life. After our introduction she didn’t really know me for the first two months but I knew her.

I knew how she loved playing to the crowd. I knew how she adored checking online to see what the fans were saying about her. I knew how much wrestling meant to her, how obsessed she was with it. And I knew how much she loved living out this dream alongside the love of her life, her fiancé.

Will Rage. One of the most generic tough guy names I ever came across. The big time heroic world champ. The romantic tag champion with long time girlfriend. The genius head booker of the company which I’m sure played no part in his involvement in every storyline. The guy that everyone wanted to see or be. Or so he thought.

Just past the two month mark of my tenure there his blushing bride to be fractured her foot. Forced to relinquish the precious tag title or find a replacement along came Marf! For a strong six weeks I helped that doofus retain those tag belts again and again until his lovey dovey was finally cleared. In goes out and tossed aside is Marf, or at least that’s what Will thought.

Mel began to confide in me, so grateful I kept her half of titles warm while she was out. And that’s where the fractures started. Slowly but surely I saw what was happening to their relationship so he did what any (in)sane person would do. I exploited the cracks. I threw Will under the bus subtly and carefully. Mel opened up more and more, leaving herself vulnerable.

Then it happened. A miscommunication at a big pay per view led to a tag title loss to everyone’s favorite couple. Mel was pinned for the three count and the animosity was ready to spill over the top like a boiling pot on the stove. Will went off on his own to blow off steam. Mel ran directly into our arms for comfort and attention. No surprise there.

The surprises came shortly after I brought out the liquor. She drank and sobbed, sobbed and drank. So much self pity I actually started to get sick of her. But I threw the right handful of compliments her way and suddenly she was all over me. Either it had been a while since she had done this with loverboy Will or maybe he just wasn’t up to snuff. Either way, I gave her a great time she would soon regret for the rest of her life.

Will found out not long after, I made sure of that. It didn’t take much to talk him into putting that big shiny world title on the line in order to get his hands on me. In my eighth month in the fed I challenged Will for the world title. I made sure Mel was there at ringside to watch what I did to him. I let him do his flashy moves like I had watched him do before and then when he was at his peak showboating moment I took my shot.

I remember as I brought him down on his skull I held tight so he couldn’t counter. I remember shifting slightly in the last second so he came down wrong. I remember feeling his head crunch and then all the weight of his body forcing down until his neck made a loud snap. I remember his awful groan of agony as his body slumped to the mat and the horrifying screech she let out from ringside. I remember the laughter escaping my lips like longtime shawshank prisoners while I pinned him.

...I remember taking his title and his life...

... Remember...

Like a switch Marf’s blue eyes light back up. Twenty seven minutes that time, new record. He almost looks groggy.

Marf: Only a couple weeks away now. All these names and faces thrown together in one big clusterfuck for a title. So many swirling dreams meshing together. I can’t wait to watch each and every one of you come crashing down to the floor, your hopes dropping right beside you.

I don’t even care about winning the match anymore. I just want to eliminate as many of you as I can. Destroy as many pathways to glory as I can. My dream is simple, to take away all of yours!

Marf smiles one last time and nods before heading into his hotel room. Who knows how we even got here, far less sensical things happen and everyone goes with it. How bout that? Who knows if Marf will greet us again. For now, we fade to black.

2x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
5x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Member of Charlie’s Carnies
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Marf's post:
(11-14-2020), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (11-12-2020), Atara Raven (11-12-2020), Barney Green (11-14-2020), Corey Smith (11-13-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (11-12-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-12-2020)