Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:21 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Wonder Woman
Ash Quinn

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

10-27-2020, 03:39 PM

I was holding Daddy's hand tight weaving through the packed streets. It was Christmas time in Chicago and busy as every big city gets during the holiday season. I had my hat down on my ears and my coat pulled tight around me. The cold air off the lake made you shiver from head to toe. The bright lights, decorations, and crowds made me smile. I have always loved Christmas. We had just got done finding Mommy's present like we had done every year that I could remember. That meant it was my turn!! Daddy always let me pick out something just for me when we went out shopping for Mommy. It made me feel so special when we had this time together. He worked a lot and we rarely got time like this.

I practically dragged him to the big toy store downtown. I could hear his deep laugh mingled with the Carols. He was smiling ear to ear seeing me so excited. My eyes gleamed looking at all the displays and decorations. Daddy led me patiently down each aisle, letting me stop to look at this or that. We came to the girl toy section with stuffed animals, baby dolls, and every Barbie doll you could imagine. Daddy knelt down beside me watching me look up at all the shelves and whispered so only I could hear...

"Pick out whatever you want hun. There are Barbies and baby dolls, even a new stuffed animal if you want one."

I looked at him smiling and looked back at the overstocked shelves. Barbies of all types stared back at me. Doctors, farmers, beauty queens, everything you could possibly think of Barbie could be. She was very pretty but I had a few of those already. They had babies that cried, Babies that slept and talked. Even babies that pooped!! I was getting too old for those. Then I saw them. Superhero girls!! There was Super Girl and Bat Girl. She-Hulk and Storm. My favorite from the TV shows was Wonder Woman!!! She was her own person and didn't need to be like the guys. She had her own powers and weapons like her lasso. She even flew her own invisible plane! I stretched to reach for the bigger size doll and Daddy got her down for me. With her long dark hair and the shiny outfit, she was beautiful. I loved it immediately!!

"Daddy, daddy!! Look it's Wonder Woman!! She is awesome. She fights just like the boys. Her, Superman, and Batman are the three that always fight the bad guys. Look can I get her, please!!

I was so excited I practically knocked him over pushing the doll into his hands. He tripped as I dragged him toward the checkout, laughing at my craziness. He put the box up on the counter and let the cashier scan it. I was bouncing up and down telling the girl all about how cool Wonder Woman was. She smiled and got excited with me telling me about comic books! I had only seen her in the cartoons. I had to find these books. She told Daddy where to get them and we left the store with me excited as ever.

As I got older I collected all the Wonder Woman stuff I could find. Statues, comic books anything I could afford. I kept everything on shelves and in order. I still had that first figure Daddy got me too. Sure there were other female superheroes like Jean Grey and Invisible Woman but Wonder Woman would always be my favorite. She was a leader and just as strong as any guy.

People along the way from then to now told me I was being a baby collecting all this stuff, but I loved it. She even inspires me in the ring. In a company full of testosterone swelled guys, I stand out as the only female to step in the rumble at High Stakes. Sure I want the Shooting Star Title, but the Universal Title is the pinnacle of our business. Sarah Lacklan had it last and it deserved to be back around the waist of another woman!! I feel like Wonder Woman in that ring. Sure the boys may get a lot of the spot light but I'm going to show every one what a woman can do!! Bring the best you got because I'm bringing mine.
Edit
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash Quinn's post:
Atara Raven (10-27-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Marf (10-27-2020)