Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-17-2024, 09:27 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Hang Tough
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-30-2020, 09:04 AM

If you would've told me that I would be willing to sacrifice a job paying me $45k a year, I would've told you that you were crazy. Yet here we are, XWF. The one guy that has stood the test of time before and is willing to resign if I win the Universal Championship. This is perhaps my last shot at the top of the mountain and I am gonna do everything in my power to see my dream become a reality.

I'm not getting any younger. I've seen some of the stuff people have been saying and its the same old song and dance. When your back is against the wall and age has not been kind to your body, This is what you do to make a sacrifice.

Outside of Bobby Bourbon, Doctor Louis D'Ville, Chris Page, Thaddeus Duke
and Michael Graves, I don't even recognize you people.

So I will address them first. Bobby Bourbon, You and I are friends. You are somebody I truly respect and admire for the brutality you bring to the table but just because we are friends doesn't mean I am gonna hold back once that bell rings. Former Universal Champion in your own right and future Hall of Legends material. I will give you everything I got and I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Chris Page. Another guy I can respect for his career. Hell, He is in better shape than I am but that doesn't mean anything when desperate times call for desperate measures. Have you ever fallen off a scaffold in Japan and landed through a ton of light tubes? I have and let me tell you, That separates the men from the boys. I'm not gonna take you lightly at all. I view you as a big threat and know this, Don't take me lightly at all. This isn't the same guy that half assed everything in the XWF. I'm gonna give it all I got to win. You deserve your place in the Hall Of Legends.

Thaddeus Duke. You are one hell of a competitor and future Hall Of Legends member. Nothing but respect for what you have accomplished so far in your career. Gonna need to definitely rub the ben gay into my joints before this match.

Michael Graves. Another brethren of BOB. I am glad to make your friendship. You are a true veteran of your craft and I can respect you for that. May the best man win.

Moving onto the good doctor himself. Doctor Louis D'Ville. Former Universal Champion. Another tough competitor in his own right. Not that it frightens me. I'm one of the few that stood up to The Kings reign of terror. Not stopping now. You may have beaten me once before but the war is far from over.

Corey Smith. Who are you? All I see is some young tone looking twink who is so far out of his league in this match, Its an embarrassment. You couldn't even hang with me on a good day, bub. I may be old and broken down but I got a right hook with your name on it if you wanna take a shot. Call me the twink hunter because its gonna be open season all over your ass.

Alias. Talk about a blast from the past. I somewhat remember you and you did diddly squat last time you were around.

James Evans. Again, I ask who? You and so many other people ramble on enough that I lose my train of thought and wind up having to crack open another white claw to become coherent again.

This will be the true test of man. My last stand in a sense but its okay. I am gonna shock the world when I win this with my skill set. Go ahead and laugh at my job as a Garbage Man. I dare you because once that bell rings, I don't have to be so polite anymore and will do everything in my power to win.

When my career in the XWF was done, I did what I had to do to survive once that deal ended. Even if it meant driving a garbage truck and hauling away waste, That is what a man does. A man doesn't just depend on the spotlight and expect it to carry them through life.

Former Producer to Pro Wrestler to Garbage Man. It's been one hell of a ride for me and I don't regret any decision i have made. Except maybe for using The All-Night Tranny Thrilla nickname as that was insensitive and wrong of me even though trans girls are hot as fuck.

I apologize for getting a bit off topic with that last statement. Last of a dying breed. One of the few people who wore his sexuality on his sleeve and didn't do the stereotypical stuff that was expected of an openly bisexual wrestler. You start running your jaw about me and I am gonna start throwing words right back.

If that escalates into a fight, so be it. Call me queer all you want but this queer will kick your ass and not back down from a challenge. You know how many people have tried to fight me? It gets laughable over time because even if I lose, It doesn't matter. I held my own and most people back down after that.

I am Barney Allison Green. Coming into this battle and another canvas to showcase my art on. We shall see where this takes me. Its nothing personal. Strictly business.

Present Time
October 29th 2020

The scene opens up inside of Kamloops, BC, where we see Barney Green, dressed in a black winter jacket and black jogging pants with a lime green stripe going down the sides. He is wandering through the woods when a bullet just grazes by him. He doesn't flinch and just turns around. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: I knew I would find you here, Smitty.

Barney turns around we see XWF Legend Hardcore Smitty, dressed in a camo jacket and camo pants. He has a gun aimed. Smitty goes to speak.

Smitty: Good to see you, friend. What are you doing out in the middle of nowhere?

Barney: I was looking for you to ask for some advice on how you dealt with the urges to keep coming back even though you know your time is up.

Smitty lowers his gun and goes to speak to Barney.

Smitty: When you've been doing as long as I have, it gets old and you eventually learn to accept the fact that the next generation is always gonna be there to take over from you. its the facts of life.

Barney: I know that but it sometimes scares me knowing whats coming after I leave. Will I just become another footnote or forgotten outright?

Barney pauses as Smitty starts to speak again.

Smitty: You and I both know you will never be forgotten. One of the few that managed to stay relevant against the odds. You are a legit competitor no matter what anybody says about you.

Barney: Its just hard. I still enjoy the rush the fans give me but my body is starting to fail in certain areas.

Smitty goes to speak as Barney reaches for a bottle of water in his pocket and takes a swig of it.

Smitty: Welcome to my world. You shouldn't be too surprised. All the trauma you have endured in the ring and some of the stunts you pulled that you didn't even get paid for.

Barney: I think I got one more run left in me for High Stakes. Just to challenge one last time for the Universal Championship. I'm thirty-six but I think I its still feasible. Speaking of getting paid, How's Stone been?

Smitty: He is still alive and kicking in Yellowknife. Last we talked he was on the quest to find a pay toilet.

Barney chokes on his water as Smitty starts laughing at him. Barney regains his composure and continues speaking.

Barney: Definitely sounds like him. Glad old Stoney is still alive and kicking at least. Another good dude in the business. Glad I got to learn under the both of you at different times in my career.

Smitty: I saw potential in you and you have developed it enough to be a decent wrestler. The wrestling skills weren't entirely there in the beginning. You stumbled a lot and went chaotic--

Smitty quickly aims his gun at a deer that was walking by and goes to shoot it. The gun goes off and misses. The deer takes off running. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: Almost had it, Smitty. I admit I had my faults. That love of the liquor. All forms of it from whiskey to malt. It is what it is though.

Smitty: Just stay focused on the prize at this point is all you can do. Focus on your strong suit at this point.

Barney: I do have a few moves left in my arsenal that most people wouldn't expect. The trick is to leave the fans guessing what you are gonna do.

Smitty lowers his gun and goes to speak as Barney takes another swig of water.

Smitty: Its a rough business. Once you retire, Just find something to do that isn't gonna damage your body anymore. The damage will always be there but its not worth it. Do what you gotta do in the ring. Just remember, You are one of the last of a dying era.

Barney: Very true. This will be my final stand in a sense and its only fitting I go all out for this. Good seeing you, Smitty. Let's get out of here and get a beer.

Smitty: Not like I am gonna catch anything today. Might as well kick it.

The scene fades to black as they continue to talk.

One more ride left in me. It was definitely great to catch up with an old friend and figure out some sort of game plan for this match. All these old names of people who are retired and done. I've been in the ring with six of the Hall Of Legends. Including Smitty himself. Learned so much in my career.

That is what I bring to the table. That veteran leadership that some of these new people lack. I got the age and experience to hang with this generation for one final run. May be running on pure fumes at this point but it don't matter.

I'm gonna give it everything I got for the first time in 8 years. I am the one person that can never be duplicated or replaced. A once in a generation talent with my ability to connect with the people on a level that most dream of.

I love this business and would die for it. We shall see what happens at High Stakes. You dragged me kicking and screaming out of retirement the minute i found out the Universal Title was on the line.

This is for all my friends and the hall of legends. A career dating back to 2008 in the XWF has driven me to this point. 12 years of being here. You have seen me bleed buckets all over the arena. From my battles with Peter Gilmour to Hardcore Smitty to Doctor Louis D'Ville.

They say history gets better with age. That is the case with me. Despite all my injuries, I'm ready to raise that trash can one final time and swing for the fucking fences.

Trash season is picking up and I'm ready to take all the trash with me down to the landfill. Starting with this match. I got nothing at home. Nothing to lose. You would be surprised at what people will just throw away. Managed to refurnish my apartment that way. Not a conservationist in any way but i'm not gonna let some of that stuff just go to the landfill when its still good.

High Stakes. Tombstone, AZ. I'll be there in my truck ready for action. Representing Union 441 of the Garbage Men of Boston. When I win, I will sign a new contract because I damn sure want a good pay raise. I will even leave my job behind for this run.

Good luck, everyone. This is a level I haven't been at in a long time and it feels good to me. You are gonna witness the chaos and to quote another old friend of mine.

It will be....Unlucky...For...You...

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 8 users Like Barney Green's post:
Atara Raven (10-30-2020), Charlie Nickles (11-18-2020), Chris Page (10-30-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (11-11-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Johnny Legend (10-30-2020), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (10-30-2020), Witness (10-30-2020)