Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 10:15 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » High Stakes Battle Royale RP Board
Turn The Page
Barney Green Offline
Back In Black

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

10-19-2020, 10:00 PM

Here I go again. I tape up my right knee and prepare for another show. Got another town to go to. People like us never quit until we get put down and taken out of misery. I might not be the hero XWF needs or wants but I am the best option they got.

All those miles i've traveled down the years with so many different friends. The last of a dying breed literally. I've seen so many of my friends die over the years. Good people. Yet a scumbag like me stays alive? Really?

The guy that has drank his fair share of beer and spilled so much blood in the ring! The tones of Bob Seger running through my head as I look back into my past. There are so many sins I've committed in my life but even the irredeemable can do some good and that's what i'm gonna do at High Stakes. My last stand. Will I do it or will I fall?

It all rides on this moment. The veteran who still has one last card in his deck! I drew the Joker which is fitting since I originally started as a prankster who pulled practical jokes on people.

Even with all the money that has left me over the years, I wouldn't change anything in the world. The fans appreciation and respect is what keeps me going. This is for them!

There was one man that took a shot on me when I was the fat guy from High School doing odd things and getting attention. Most people shut the door in my face when I decided to become a wrestler. Foley Anderson. That man was like a father to me and I will never forget his kindness in taking on a young fool like myself.

Perhaps one of the most underrated and nicest people in the business. He taught me everything I know about wrestling. Power and Paint all the way, baby! The Power Warrior is coming back. I can feel him deep inside myself yearning to break out.

The Universal Title means everything to me and I am willing to die for that belt. Who can really stop a person with nothing left to lose in life? I live alone. No family worth mentioning. No kids. Nothing.

I'm begging all of you to put me out of my misery. Try to end me. You might succeed but what if you don't? What if I win the Universal Title? There will be a new era in XWF.

I got many moves left in my bag of tricks just ready to try out. The XWF is like a cancer and when I think i'm done, I keep coming back for more punishment.

Many sleepless nights I have endured due to pain and suffering. I may not be the strongest or biggest competitor but I have the heart that most people wish they had.

Try to stop me, XWF. I am entering a level I didn't think was possible. A level where very few people can match me. This is my Game Seven. I'm gonna shut down them all like Nicklas Lidstrom did for many years in Detroit.

The kid from Boston is taking one final crack at High Stakes. I'm putting it all on the line. Good luck because you all need it. I got the experience and know just about every move and how to counter them.

My legacy rides on this moment. Time is definitely not on my side anymore but that's alright. I got what I need for this.

Flashback
February 26th, 2012

The scene opens up on a ship after XWF Battle On The Boat and we see Barney Green, holding an ice pack to his head and just in his black shorts while holding the World Title. We then see Foley Anderson, who is wearing a grey t-shirt with grey pants, enter the room. Foley goes to speak first.

Foley: I'm proud of you, kid. You showed a lot of heart even though you placed second. You are still a winner. World Champion is nothing to sneeze at.

Barney: Thank you so much for saying that. I didn't want to let you down.

Foley starts to tear up a bit and goes to speak.

Foley: You never have let me down even with all your past blunders. Its all apart of the growing pains in this business. There is one thing I wanna give you.

Foley removes the necklace around his neck and goes to hand it to Green.

Foley: I was given this by Terry Rouke as a memento when I won the Intercontinental Championship back in the OLWF back in the day. I want you to have it so you will always have something to remember me by.

Foley hands the necklace to Barney and Barney accepts it with tears in his eyes.

Barney: That means so much to me. I will always treasure this and do everything I can to make you proud.

Barney places the necklace around his neck.

Foley: Now rest up and be prepared. There are gonna be tons of challengers coming your way now.

The scene fades to black.

Flashback
December 9th 2012

The scene opens up inside of a funeral home where we see Barney Green, dressed in a black suit with a white shirt and black shoes, standing in front of a room of people and a casket which features Foley Anderson lying in it motionless. Barney goes to speak.

Barney: I'm somewhat honored and sad at the same time to be doing this but where do we begin. Foley Anderson was a great man who lived his life on his terms and was so unselfish. He gave back to the people and tried to help them as best as he could.

Barney pauses for a moment and takes a sip of water. He goes to speak again.

Barney: I assure you this is water and not alcohol. He took a shot on so many people and was always willing to talk to people. He didn't have to do as many things as he did for me.

Barney wipes his eyes and goes back to speaking.

Barney: I hope he is looking down on all of us and smiling. Knowing that all these people came out to celebrate his life. He didn't want people crying even over his death. Its so damn hard not to! He was like a father to me and took a chance when most wouldn't. So here's my story. I was some guy living in Las Vegas at the time with tons of money but wanted to try wrestling.

Barney pauses for a second and then continues as the crowd listens on.

Barney: I grew up watching him wrestle. I didn't think I was worthy. Here was a guy who traveled the world and did so many stints in other places yet he treated me with respect and kindness.

Barney takes another sip of water and then continues.

Barney: This was a man who didn't have to do it. He helped me when my business collapsed around me and never judged me. He let me do what i felt was right. I may have made a few mistakes in life. Rest easy, old friend. See you on the other side.

The scene fades to black.

Present Time
October 19th, 2020

The scene opens up inside of Green's apartment where we see Barney Green laying in a full sized bed. Green slowly gets to his feet and nearly trips but catches himself.

Barney: Damn right knee!

Barney, dressed in a white t-shirt and purple boxers, walks towards a dresser where we see a picture of Foley Anderson and himself above it. He smiles and then starts getting ready. He throws on a pair of black jogging pants with a lime green stripe and grabs a grey shirt. He removes the white one and places on the grey one. He grabs a necklace and places it around his neck.

Barney: Miss you every day, buddy. If only you could see what i've become. May you rest in peace.

Barney grabs his shoes and sits on the end of his bed. He places them on and goes to get back up only to fall down. He slowly gets back to his feet and walks out of his bedroom. There is a knock at his door and he answers it. Its John Laurinaitis. John goes to speak.

John: Good to see you got back on your feet, champ.

Barney: Thanks, John. Good to see you come visit me. I needed to talk to you anyway.

Barney motions for John to come in and he does as Barney shuts the door. John goes to speak.

John: Whats the game plan? Don't tell me you are considering coming out of retirement for one more run?

Barney: You figured it out already. Must I be so predictable in life?

John lets out a chuckle and goes to speak.

John: I've seen you come and go so many times that it doesn't phase me anymore. Retirement to you is just a 2 month vacation.

Barney just laughs and goes towards the kitchen and grabs a cup from the cupboard and opens the fridge as John goes and sits on the couch. Barney goes to pour a drink as he speaks.

Barney: Fair point. I wanna be done with it but there are still some demons knocking.

John: You can't keep doing this. Your right knee is pure bone now. But I will support your decision to keep going as long as you can.

Barney takes a swig of his drink and goes to speak afterwards.

Barney: I know I can't continue for much longer but what choice do I have?

John: I just wish you made smarter investments.

Barney: It is what it is I guess in life. Its what a man does to pay bills.

Barney takes another swig as John goes to speak.

John: Hit the gym and start getting yourself into the best shape possible.

Barney: All part of the plan.

The scene fades to black as they continue to talk.

I got one final chapter to write and this match is gonna be my masterpiece. Leaving everything out on the floor. There is no turning back. Time to play the hero for you all one more round.

No turning back. No excuses. I'm gonna shock the system a bit. Instead of just bumbling my way through like I've done in the past. I'm setting the stage for you all.

When you see all the stuff I have seen and done. Nothing quite compares to the highest of highs i've felt and the lowest of lows. I already got the entrance theme planned in mind for this but its not entirely set in stone. Do I use the theme that my mentor and friend used for years or do I bring back the Bonnie Tyler track back?

I'll figure it out as time goes on. The painted face is a must for this match. Biggest opportunity i never thought I would get again. Its been years since I've felt this confident in myself and what I can bring to the table.

When push comes to shove, i'm gonna shove as hard as i can back. You are gonna watch a true master of his craft. Granted, It's not a death match which is what I have become synonymous for. You were used to seeing me getting beaten up and bloody and remembered me for that.

I don't regret that at all. This is High Stakes in Tombstone, AZ and the chance to become Universal Champion. I'm gonna flip father time the middle finger and show what I got left in my arsenal for your entertainment.

XWF has provided me with a lot and I am truly grateful for that. A whole different beast in itself. You got so many talented people yet the fat guy from high school was able to hang with some of the best.

Its never been about how many matches you can win. Its about how much you can physically take and keep coming back for more punishment. I might bring a weapon or two with me. Who knows?

High Stakes...I'm coming with a purpose and looking for redemption. Whether it be with BOB or by myself. Doesn't matter. Nothing is gonna stop me once I enter the match. Its every man for themselves.

Sorry but not really. Its strictly business. Good luck to my competitors. You are gonna need it.

[Image: juXb2Dg.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 13 users Like Barney Green's post:
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-02-2020), Atara Raven (10-19-2020), B.O.B. D (10-20-2020), Corey Smith (10-20-2020), Derrick Diamond (10-20-2020), Doctor Louis D'Ville (10-20-2020), HeavensToBetsy (11-19-2020), Jim "the Jim" Jimson (12-08-2020), Nathaniel Idenhaus (10-20-2020), Ned Kaye (10-20-2020), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (10-20-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (10-19-2020), Unknown Soldier (10-19-2020)