Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:26 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Relentless Day 3 RP Board 2020
d'oh
thewizard Offline
Wizard, The

XWF FanBase:
Kids, disabled people, casual fans

(fighting the odds; helps others; disliked by most adult male fans)

09-23-2020, 02:53 PM

It was the best of times it was the worst of times.

Literally.

Riding high. Mind unmastered, X-Treme title shot in my back pocket...I was riding high. The absolute BEST of times.

And then, it happened.

Robert fucking Main. Like a category five hurricane slamming into a southern ghetto...Mr. Main blew in and wrecked my shit.

I tried.

I tried to let the first act of violence go. I offered the HIGH ground. But, nope...he preferred to continue slumming it in waist high water. He alerted me of this fact by killing Fanny. Kidding - kinda, but not really. I haven’t seen Fanny since. So she could be dead.

At that point I knew I had to up my game. Lay a trap. A trap in the form of a faux celebration over the honor of being named Star of the Month. It worked...for a minute. With one monster trapped, another monster emerged (Andrew Logan) allowing the targeted monster a chance to break free.

And break free he did.

Slamming me into concrete and destroying my coveted award. It now exists only in my memory and the semi-often updated archives of XWF.

So, with every attempt at controlling the narrative of this feud stymied, I decided to fight fire with fire. Seems stupid. I mean, imagine the people in California throwing fire on top of the massive conflagration in the hopes it’ll diminish the burn. Wouldn’t work. Instead, the whole state would burn, plunging deep down into irrevocable depths.

Kinda like this feud.

Fire on fire was apt. I took the fight to Main and, for the first time since I uttered his name, managed to get some shit in.

A small victory in a losing war. The ultimate clash takes place at Relentless. This will decide who walks away the victor and is able to bend the narrative of this feud to all newcomers and outsiders for years to come.

I’d be lying if I said I felt momentum heading into Relentless. I’d be bearing false witness against you, my neighbor, if I said I felt as though my odds had leveled back to 50/50. And, I don’t want to lie to you guys.

So, here’s the facts:

1. My head still hurts. It creeps up at the most inconvenient times. I have no doubt it will likely cripple me against Main...unless I can figure out how to get it solved.

2. I’ve found myself preoccupied with a side mission these past few weeks that has thrown me off my game. I need to focus on Main and I need to focus on him fast if I stand any shot at competing with the beast at Relentless.

3. And, I’m currently trapped inside a Target bathroom. Police stand outside the building, armed to the teeth. They will not hesitate to shoot should I make some type of irregular movement upon exiting.

How did I wind up in this precarious position, you ask? Well, it’s like I said...it’s been the worst of times. The very fucking worst.

---

Creeping outside a moderate housing unit, I began to wonder if the intel I’d coerced from my captive had been correct. I probably should have held on to him, just in case. This was my first and likely last lead in the ongoing investigation.

Mof, lurched at my side, had to have been thinking the same thing. While he wouldn’t say it, his mannerisms and breathing all led me to believe he was growing increasingly disillusioned with the assignment the longer it took.

It was hot. It was humid. The back of my neck started to sizzle. I began to run the numbers on how long was long enough. That’s when my head started to hurt, again. That sharp pain which has hindered me ever since Robert Main saw it fitting to attempt literal murder on tv.

I tried to subdue it. Mind over matter, I told myself. I’d already mastered my own mind...surely I can handle this, too. But, I couldn’t. It increased and increased and increased. thump, Thump, THUMP.

“Ugh,” I groaned. Mof looked my way. Instantly he knew. Reaching into his pocket, he found the pills, handing one over in a swift motion. Practice makes perfect.

I threw the pill back, swallowed it with a large secretion of saliva and waited for it to subside.

“Ya know you won’t have these against Main, right?” A concerned Mof asked, placing the bottle back into his pocket. All I could do was nod. The fear that speaking might re-energize the head pain was enough to keep my lips pursed.

“There it is!” Mof pointed.

EUREKA

[Image: SlamBuss.jpg]

The intel was true. The Slam Buss slowly pulled into view...like a predator in the weeds, coming to a soft stop, lying in wait.

“Alright, be ready,” I warned Mof. He nodded, prepared to pounce. A predator hunting a predator. Got to love the Animal Kingdom.

---

I admire you, Main. You’re one of those rare breeds who back up exactly what they say. You fear nothing. And why should you? You dominate just about every foe that dares to cross your immediate path. You have the type of confidence that can only be created via physical superiority. Simply put, you are a genetic freak with gifts most can only dream of. It’s a blessing that comes in super handy in the realm of professional wrestling.

You are the alpha male. The apex predator, as some annoying wrestling announcer is wont to say over and over until the term loses its panache.

A great white shark. Swimming through the seas coolly, calmly, before rushing ahead at its next victim without hesitation because there is no fear to cause a pause.

TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED

Good intentions.

Best laid plans of mice and men.

Life gets in the way.

A voice speaks to us through darkness. This all feels so very META.

“Yanno, I had it all planned out. A tremendous story. Two action packed pieces of HIGH ART. And then vacation hit. I figured ‘hey, i can power through...no biggie. This isn’t 20 years ago, I’ve got internet everywhere’...but, alas, the 24/7 partying, boozing, etc got the better of me. Unable to hit that soft deadline, i was left with no chance at dethroning Robert Main and continuing my ascent as THE WIZARD.”

MORE META

“It’s a bummer, I know. A real momentum killer. But, hey, this stuff happens. I’ll bounce back. In the meantime...to the POWERS THAT BE...don’t stress too much over the work that goes into a Main/Wizard production. Save the energy for the warriors who put forth a full effort.”

MORE META

“To Main...this was a thorough ass whipping on your end. Tip of my wizardly cap. You are a machine. Maybe I’ll see you again down the line.”

EVEN MORE META

“And to whoever else may be interested...I hope you’ll excuse me if I cut this thing off right here and now. I’d rather save what I had planned for something thats winnable rather than a throwaway piece merely being posted for the sake of activity. Hope you all understand.”

FINAL META

“Have a great Relentless, everybody! Great luck to all!”

TRANSMISSION RESUMES

Wizard and Mof continue to eye the white van.

We fade out.

TO BE CONTINUED

BASK IN MY AURA

Released from Prison. Currently residing in Hell aka mentoring troubled teens.

[Image: o92j5tuA.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes thewizard's post:
Theo Pryce (09-24-2020)