Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 11:28 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
Chapter: 8 Everyone carries around his own monsters...
Robert "The Omega" Main Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

07-25-2020, 05:02 PM

” Normally I would take you all on a remarkable adventure, leaving each one of you on the edge of your seats speculating what was next… I’d come off arrogant, brash and even a bit conceited… Hell, some would say egotistical… Right here right now I’m going to do something a bit unconventional even for my standards… I’m going to put the opinionated, presumptuous, self-important “Omega” away… I’m not looking for a cheap pop, nor an ounce of heat… What I’m about to say can’t be found on any of the dirt sheets… No face, no heel and certainly no gimmick… Just Robert Main.”

[Image: TWtWNXW.jpg]

Robert sat unaccompanied in a rocking chair that had been handed down in his family for decades. Robert’s grandfather and father were rocked in this chair as children. The same went for Robert and his younger brother and sister. If you were born into the Main family, you were lulled asleep in this very chair. The chair itself wasn’t anything extraordinary. It was unappealing in every way imaginable… The wood was filled with scuffs and scrapes from decades of abuse from children and grandchildren. To my Robert though it was a stronghold of all his cherished memories especially the ones of his recently deceased grandfather. It was in the creaking wood where Robert was fed countless apples from his grandfather’s pocketknife, where he was told stories of WWII and called “big guy” … Just to sit in this chair and rock transported Robert back in time to these recollections as adequately as a time machine.

When Robert thought of his grandfather it was with heartbreak and vanity. He was a man who made and kept friends with simplicity. He was benevolent natured, finding the best in people. He was a tremendous listener rather than a speaker. He was triumphant at whatever he turned his attention to because he knew how to be unwavering, tenacious, scrupulous. All things he instilled in Robert… After a life in an orphanage and then in the army, Robert could only marvel at how well his grandfather did with his life. He lived in the moment. His past was congested filled to the brim of the crummiest memories any life could offer a man… Conflict and casualty. In that instant of loss, Robert’s world decompressed around him… Once where there was light became shadows, the pain coming and going like waves on sand.

” I’ve been told that my standard of living is terrible for my health…” Robert nods as he grins. ” No shit right…? If I asked you to save me from myself, would you? Could you? All the bourbon and cigars are hopeless but it’s the only thing that seems to help anymore. Comfortably numb…” Robert points at the camera. ” Yeah that’s it… I’ll be the first to admit to everyone something inside of me is busted so I hold on to the only things that seem to set me free. I’m a lost cause and flawed beyond repair, this disadvantageous world has shattered my hopes and dreams…” Robert leers upwards. ” When you look into the night sky what do you see? The moon? Maybe the stars? All your hopes and dreams?” Robert gazes into the camera pointing at himself. ” Want to know what I see? A missing moon with no shooting stars to wish my way out… So I turn to the bottle washing my sins away... I reach for the smoke and hand out brutality all because I'm in agony... Disheartening huh? This way of life has become the only reconciliation I have found.”

Robert runs his fingers through his hair grinning once more. Beyond the camouflaged smile he wears on his face, there is cheerlessness and confusion. Robert reluctantly leers to his right then left, frequently as a singular sound passes by his cherry red lips.

" Pitiful."

Robert's enraged eyes are his shield and sword.

” I don’t feel well, I can feel the dejection deep in my bones…” Robert grabs his throat. ” There's this tightness in my throat suffocating me… My question is how have I become this? I used to be fine with the tranquility … Now everything sounds like its been turned up to the max... It's all become a camouflage for the horrors that a crawling just beneath the surface... Once enter the ring looking the Devil in the eyes there is no going back... I've embraced the monstrosity that I was destined to become... Yet everyone wonders why I want the X-Title… The answer isn’t all that complicated. Heartbreak, anguish, sorrow … Those are the only things I can feel anymore. Once I acquire that Championship at Leap Of Faith that numbness will subside…” There is a brief sigh as Robert stands. ” As each one comes after me, I’ll take them by their hand unearthing a world only I understand. This a declaration for the ones who say they aren't intimidated… Lately, I've been coming from a darker place. I've been dealing with hopelessness and in doing so I’ve become more treacherous than ever… I've been drinking bottles of bourbon and honestly, I’ve never felt better… This match is an extension of that… I’m coming to wreck shop and I swear to God that I will burn every bridge down and piss on the flames… Unless one of you can put me down.”

Robert places one hand on the rocking chair running his fingertips over the weather-beaten wood. What he once cherished was now nothing more than a distant memory, a shadow lingering in the depths of his mind. It's an uncanny thing to leave behind something which you once had. Demise is the side of loving they never advocate... That should you lose a loved one a part of your heart is buried with them. When the dirt hits the casket, it buries your soul too. There is no coming back, and so the world becomes as if made of shadows and every breath feels hollow in the chest.

” I don't plan to slow down or give a second thought to anything that I'm about to unleash upon the world. I’m going to push the pedal to the floor and see if there is a breaking point. Wrestler82 do I believe that you are frightened. No, but you should be… Only a simpleton would say they were not apprehensive about standing across the ring from me. At the end of this, I will be the nightmare at the end of your dreams... I have an inquisition... What are you petrified of? Is it the apprehension of the undiscovered? Or is it the hobgoblin that lives underneath your bed? Maybe it's dark? Agitation is what has brought you Wrestler82 and Carnes together, it's your common bond. I, on the other hand, am not like either of you. I've never bowed down to the feet of terror... I command it, I've harnessed it... I know that you two are hysterical... I can smell it in the air... In this match, all your darkest fears will come to light... Each of you is in for quite the ride as I drag you both down to the deepest corners of hell your skin will blister and your blood will boil.

Each of your sufferings will motivate me... Your dejection will fuel me... Your screams will play like music to my ears as I walk over your broken bodies ascending to my rightful place as Champion... I will bring this division off life support and give the world an extreme Champion it rightfully deserves... I'm a man on the edge and I'm waiting for any reason to jump. I can only hope that one of you has the intestinal fortitude to put me out of my misery and make this agony all stop. Because if you don't stop me, I will grow stronger bringing forth armageddon. What you miscomprehend Wrestler82 is there’s been a bounty on my head and target on my back for years. Yet here I am begging for someone to end all this madness… The straightforward way out of this whole train wreck would be sticking a shotgun in my mouth and giving myself the Kurt Cobain treatment…”

Robert leers over his shoulder mouthing the word boom.

” That though would be spineless… Plus I’ve never taken too kindly to yellow-bellied cowards… So, here we are… A man hell-bent on destruction spiraling out of control and no one can stop me… I’m on a kamikaze mission and have both my targets dead to rights. Where you are inaccurate 82 is saying that this belt is an uncertainty, defending day in and day out… This belt might be a blind bargain for a man like yourself… For a man like me, it’s a sure thing… Simply because I don’t come off as second-best… So, after I obtain that title go ahead and try your good fortune… Reach for that lucky rabbit's foot a four-leafed clover and stick a horseshoe up your ass… Because unless you have the intent to kill me, rest assured I’ll put you back on your prissy ass every time… Don't take what I said lightly, I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when nobodies decide they want to start throwing punches… Because I’ve got a list of different strategies to bury bums like you."

Sadness was something Robert never quite understood. Why be miserable from something that already happened? After all, there's no point crying over spilt milk. Unfortunately, when you get bitter, it's like being harpooned in the heart millions of times without perishing. Robert knew because he experienced it. He remembers every second, the tears stung like bees; the ear-shattering screams which still haunt him…

” Wrestler82 you asked if I knew who you were… I do, unfortunately. I am also cursed with knowledge… You are a man that hasn’t moved an inch in years. A man of your stature has some beach ball-sized nuts talking shit to an icon like myself… Seeing how the only thing that you have ever accomplished is floating around the XWF for years never amounting to anything more than the mid-card… You are a never was. A jobber… A curtain jerker… A talentless hack who couldn’t lace my God damn boots… Being a fucking loser's in your DNA… But at Leap Of Faith, you have the opportunity to turn it all around in a once in a lifetime match… You get a shot at the golden goose, the white whale of this company… Overmatch the true king of the XWF and you become somebody for the first time in your dreadful career…”

Robert flips the rocking chair over in a fit of rage… Robert has sat in a pit for months now and it has become his entire world. The only decorations were Robert’s own scratch marks on the walls he tried effortlessly to scale. He knows there is light at the APEX, but it feels miles away. Each time that he has reached out with friendship to someone up above, someone he wished would throw him a rope, the floor dropped a bit lower, jolting his body as it halted. Humiliating Robert with a newfound torment, another betrayal. Robert though wasn’t alone Chris Page stood next to him and together they both made a pact to relay their affliction upon the world… Perhaps now would be the time for Robert to realize he isn’t supposed to escape this living hell… So, he lets his weary eyes become acquainted with the murkiness he has resided in for so many months now…

” Hanari Carnes… Or should I say Chris Chaos’s cock holster… The walking talking contradiction ladies and gentlemen… One second you are ridding on my jock so vigorously my hips hurt… The next moment I’m this fraudster that conned everyone in the XWF into believing how boundless I truly am … Tell me where I swindled the world, Chico? Tell me where I fabricated the truth... Because the last time I checked I've always told one thing Chris Chaos could never tell... The fucking unmitigated truth... I don't have to twist narratives or spin webs of lies... So, when was it, Carnes? Was it the countless times I smeared Chris Chaos from pillar to post? Was it the record setting Championship reigns? Maybe it’s the fact that I’m unconquered in this shit show of a year… The contrast between Carnes & Main is straightforward, accomplishment - vs - misfortune… I shoot to kill you on the other hand miss the mark every time… Chaos - vs - Main has and always will be a one-sided affair… So, you can take your insight and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine… Tell me Carnes who writes your material? I mean that seriously… Does it come from Chris Chaos? Because it seems the two of you follow the same predictable promo pattern… Praise me then attack me… Which is it guy? I refuse to let either one of you underprivileged nobodies have your cake and eat it too. You two fuckers talk out of both sides of your mouth every time we cross paths.” Robert lifts his boot placing it on the toppled rocking chair… He then grins. ” Hell, it’s almost like you two ladies share a brain… Weird… HUH?"

Robert lifts one finger.

” Leap Of Faith I’m pulling double duty, four men on one night have the opportunity to acquire the golden ticket… The same four men have all but guaranteed I will underperform... Carnes you “might” not be frightened by me and that’s okay, but by the time the match ends, you will be… You’ve felt it once before already, just ask Chaos how it feels to get his teeth kicked in every time he leers across the ring at me… If you haven’t noticed by now, anything attached to Chris Chaos falls flat on its face… If it smells like shit… Guess what? It's shit… You can look at this entire night through rose-coloured glasses… But you both know for a fact I’ve got your number just like I have every other member on this fucking rosters… And you can see me as whatever you’d like Carnes, just as long as you know I’m your superior… You see me as vulnerable?” Robert belly laughs ” Have you ever heard the term, blinded by stupidity? You are damn near limping into this match… Jesus Christ the shit you and Chaos say is mind-numbing… You are not even in the same fucking ballpark dude… I can still see the disappointment in those eyes from our little tag team encounter... It drowned you, leaving a hole so big you sought out to fill it by becoming a savour of your own... But you can't even save yourself..."

Robert sighs…

” The best part about what you had to say is that I teamed with the one man on this roster that I could not defeat… Ughhh… Really man… You actually said that… Proving my point even further… You are a fucking idiot… Just like Chaos unless you are directly involved you have no clue what’s going on around you… News flash Hoss… I’ve beaten my brother from another mother twice…” Robert raises two fingers. ” Enter the monumental jack-ass Hanari Carnes everybody… God… The man who questions who I am without Chris Page and tells you he understands what makes me tick... Carnes, you talk pretty toughly especially coming from a guy with a below .500 record... Who I am on my own is something you'll never amount to, a man with a winning record... You tout about how you guys beat me up on Savage when nothing was on the line… Do you believe for a split second that you slayed the dragon? What the three of you did was sign each of your own death certificates... It did nothing but piss me off… The three of you cowards had to blindside me to get an upper hand… You know why? Because if it was one on one, I’d grind your feeble bones into dust… It took the three of you and yet here I am battered and bruised with vengeance on my mind… Look at how Chaos paid the price you’ve got a receipt coming to pal, in a match with no rules and I am free to do whatever I’d like.”

Robert tapped the metal gas can a few times before ripping the lid off... He shuts his eyes briefly inhaling the toxic fumes deep inside his lungs… He looks to the camera before pouring the gasoline onto the rocking chair emptying the can…

" There is a pale horse on the horizon."

Robert struck a match and watched as the flame had no idea of the greatness before it, no notion that it would become one of the greatest blazes in Robert's history. It was like a raindrop of yellow heat that crept up the wood, as the flame hit Robert’s fingertips. He smiled as the searing pain sent waves of electricity throughout his body… He dropped the match.

” I’m not human…”

[Image: giphy.gif]

The flames leapt like an uncaged lion, a living wall of orange flame. The gas burned with a quiet roar, the blue flames giving a steady heat. Something was calming in that hypnotic moment. Robert watched as the memories burned and the camera panning closer…

[Image: giphy.gif]

” I’m a monster!”

[Image: fQj11jG.jpg]

Former:
[Image: 6x9xFnQ.png]
[Image: nLYNvyj.png] x2
[Image: fMJwa5h.png] x2
[Image: WPoUWuI.png]

Longest Reigning Tag Team Champions in modern history. W- Drew Archyle & James Raven
Longest Reigning Hart Champion in modern history:280 days
2nd longest reigning Universal Champion :269 days
Tag Team Champions W- "Chronic" Chris Page as Cataclysm
Trio's Champion W- AX3
2020 May Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team Wargames 2020
Winning Team War Games 2019 W- APEX PROPHECY
2019 Feud of the year W- "Chronic" Chris Page
2019 Tag Team of the Year W- Drew Archyle & James Raven as APEX
Roleplay of the Month February 2019 "Junkyard Dog"
Leap Of Faith Winner 2018
July 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2018 Superstar Of The Month
December 2017 Superstar Of The Month
Winning Team War Games 2017 W- APEX
Mr. 24/7
[Image: Qfgvjya.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Robert "The Omega" Main's post:
Chris Page (07-25-2020), Peter Fn Gilmour (07-25-2020)