Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 02:13 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
A Jump of Trust Pt.3: The Champion of the Just
Ruby Offline
The Super Dear'o

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

07-25-2020, 04:21 PM

[Image: rzHHAib.jpg]
JUMP OF TRUST

During Ruby’s week visiting her parental home, it quickly became clear that her mother had ulterior motives. In spite of the fact that they were going to visit an action figurine museum, Ruby’s mother had set her up with a date. Wrongfully thinking her date was a closet homosexual anyway, the tiny Canadian missed out on something potentially beautiful, much to her mother’s eventual chagrin. Nevertheless, their fantastic week together in Ottawa was coming to a close, and they’d soon be bound for Japan to witness their daughter’s matches at Leap of Faith.

But! Not before the Banana-Lime Blur had finished her… unfinished business. After tracking down a band of criminals selling illegal toilet paper, she got the information on their ringleader thanks to her trusty sidekick Garnet. Known only as ‘The Hoarder’, the supervillain is facing swift and wholesome justice at the hands of the Super Dear’O. Unless something goes terribly, terribly wrong…

Peering through her RubyGoggles (not the gadget with the cleverest name she’d come up with), the OG of PG was in prone position on a rooftop near the docks. Next to her, her trusty doggo Garnet was keeping a watch on things.

Ruby: “Where the flip is he? I swear, Garnet my dawg, if that grunt lied to us, I will shave his head and call him Jean-Luc!”

Sighing, Ruby kept on sweeping the area, until she saw something stirring in the shadows.

Ruby: “Wait! I picked up on something…”

A convoy of trucks made its way to an open area and parked near a shipping container. Soon, a horde of thugs stepped out and opened it, before starting to load the contents into crates.

Ruby: “Busted, my dudes! Soooo busted! But I don’t want you guys. Who knows what horrible prejudice and disadvantages you had to overcome in life, never given a fair shot by the system… No, it’s your boss I want. And unless my…contact… was lying, he’ll have to show his flippin’ face soon!”

A man stepped out of one of the trucks. He was wearing a big hat that cast a shadow over his entire face. He wore a poncho so massive it looked like he could fit half a Walmart in there, and started pointing and shouting, clearly indicative of him bossing the others around.

Ruby: “Son of a beehive! That must be him, the cheese-cuttin’ ne’er do-well! Get ready, Garnet!”

The Malinois bared his teeth and started growling.

Ruby: “Just no jugulars, okay? Just like we practiced. Bite them in their hind quarter cheeks if you have to! Now… Let’s test out my newest gadget!”

Ruby got up, ran towards the edge of the building… and took a jump of trust… As she reached the summit of her jump, she pulled a string hanging out of the backpack hidden under her cape.

Ruby: “Rubychute!”

Her descent was slightly slower than she had anticipated. Worried that it was going to ruin the dramatic effect of her superhero entrance, Ruby ejected from the backpack altogether and landed straight in the middle of the crate-loading thugs, who jumped up a foot in the air in surprise.

Ruby: “Halt, villains! Wholesome justice demands it!”

The dozen crooks surrounding her took a moment to recollect themselves, but when they saw what they were up against, they reached for their weapons. Many of them started to laugh when they saw what they were up against, but the Banana-Lime Blur wasn’t fazed.

Ruby: “Of course. Underestimate me. I’ve dealt with that my whole flippin’ life, buddy boys. But those who had to believe in me, did.”

The crime boss made his way through the crowd of thugs at his command.

“Well, well… I’d heard it through the grapevine someone was trying to distort my operations…”

Ruby: “The jig is up, Hoarder! This tee pee belongs to the pee eeh oh pee ell ee!”

The Hoarder laughed.

“Not anymore. Not an ass gets wiped in this town without my approval. Soon, everybody will beg me for my toilet paper. And I will hold all the power.”

Ruby: “You underestimate the people of Ottawa, villain! We’re descendants of the French, we can learn how to use a bidet!”

“What you need to learn… Is a lesson in humility. Get her, boys!”

Ruby: “It’s cute that you think you have me outnumbered. But allow me to demonstrate a little trick I picked up from a friend of mine, The Pink Mist!”

Ruby grabbed a pellet from the belt and threw it on the ground, releasing a massive pink cloud that blinded everybody in the vicinity.

Ruby: “Now, Garnet!”

She darted forward, and took out unsuspecting crooks left and right whilst the Malinois, having made his way down the building via a fire escape, started biting ankles. Several well-placed shots to their temples, a trio of headscissor takedowns, and one hurricanrana later, Ruby was face to face with The Hoarder, who clearly didn’t seem as confident or comfortable as before.

“Look… Look… I get it. You want to make a point. But I can make you a DEAL! Join me! I’ll cut you in! Thirty percent! Together, we can bring this city to its knees, unless it wants to face total ANARCHY!”

Ruby smirked as she walked up to her adversary.

Ruby: “What, didn’t you get the memo? ‘iTsOnLyAnArChY~!’ But guess what, my guy, I’m here to restore order!”

Garnet charged towards him with all of his speed whilst Ruby went for a leg sweep. The impact from both sides toppled the criminal and Ruby quickly jumped on top of him, swiping away the big hat to reveal his face!

As it turned out, it was… Just a guy. What else did you expect? Was it going to be Jerry? Ruby’s dad? If you thought that, maybe you’ve been watching too many Adventures of Scooby-Doo! In any case, Ruby grabbed him by the collar of his poncho.

Ruby: “People like you disgust me. Preying on people’s fear and greed. Forcing them to bring out the very worst in themselves. Taking everything, yet giving nothing back! You are all that is wrong with humanity. Don’t get me wrong. I know a thing or two about selfishness, but always to serve a greater purpose. When I took my Anarchy Championship, I did it to transform that place from a cesspool into a beacon of hope for my company. And when I walk into Leap of Faith, I will try and win that briefcase so I can do the same for all of the XWF!”

“What the hell are you babbling about, you psycho???”

Ruby: “I’m talking about wholesome justice. First, you will give all of this tp back to the people. No more citizens wiping their backsides with the Ottawa Times. No more scared civilians having to resort to adult diapers when they set foot outside their doors. No more pushing and shoving in supermarkets. I bring order. Everywhere I go. Now have a nice nap. ”

And with a well-placed headbutt, Ruby turned The Hoarder’s lights out. He was going to make a fine gift to the Police Department.

[Image: rEuB2NG.gif]

Nicolas: “Whoaaaaa, check this out!”

Ruby’s dad shouted out in amazement, running towards his wife and daughter, carrying two huge bags.

Quote:We cut to the three Debuchy’s sitting at home on their sofa…

Ruby: “Japan, here we come!”

Nicolas: “Doragetimashu~~!”

Ruby: “What does that mean?”

Nicolas: “I’ve no idea! I don’t speak Japanese! It just sounds so cool!”

Olivia rolled her eyes.

Olivia: “It’s not even a word, ma chérie. Anyway, our week is up, so tonight we’re leaving for Japan, and the plan is to soak up a bit of the local culture before we see our Ruby at Leap of Faith.”

Nicolas: “It’s gonna be pineapple and coconuts! I’ve always wanted to go to Japan. The lights. The food. The people. Woooow!”

Ruby: “Haha. Lonely Island! Classic! I gotta make a small stop along the way to surprise my good old buddy the SarLack pit, but then it’s on like King AND Donkey Kong!”

Olivia: “The timing is a bit weird though. Just now that the supermarkets have finally managed to restock all the toilet paper, we’re off to another country.”

Nicolas: “Finally. I think I have the Ottawa Daily’s logo printed in between my hind cheeks by now”

Ruby: “Dad, TMI!”

Olivia: “I just used a bidet. Much cleaner, anyway.”

Nicolas: “No it’s not! You don’t wash a car with just the hose, do you?”

Olivia: “Of course I don’t, cleaning the car is your job.”

Ruby: “Okay, I think it’s time we move on.”

Olivia’s eyes turned to slits as she saw her husband. She grabbed one of the heavy bags out of his hands and looked inside, revealing tons of manga comic books. She grabbed one and started flipping through it.

Nicolas: “Other way round, honey, they’re to be read from right to left!”

Olivia slammed the book shut and hit her husband on the shoulder with it, hissing through her teeth.

Olivia: “These are all in Japanese! You don’t even know Japanese! We’ve been over this!”

Nicolas: “Ow! A picture says a thousand words anyway!”

Olivia: “What man your age reads these things anyway? And how much did you pay for these? They’re going back!”

Ruby: “Oh come on, mom. I’ll pay for ‘em, my treat! My boss Vinnie got me a nice bonus for winning that UGWC Cross-Hemisphere title as an XWF representative. I got plenty left over after investing in some… things.”

Olivia: “What things?”

Ruby: “Just a… parachute.”

Nicolas: “What? You went parachuting without me?? Sweetheart, you know that’s on my bucket list!”

Olivia: “And there it will remain forever! But fine, if you say so… Thanks, sweetie.”

Ruby: “Not to worry. Now we just need to find you something!”

Nicolas: “How about a kimono? We can dress you like a geisha.”

Mrs. Debuchy pulled up her nose.

Olivia: “No, sweetheart. They’re very beautiful, but that would be cultural appropriation.”

Nicolas: “What?? Noooo..”

He bumped his daughter’s arm.

Nicolas: “Come on, back me up here, superstar!”

Ruby: “Weeeellll, mom’s kinda right, actually, dad. It’s a big part of Japanese culture, we shouldn’t use it for our own amusement.”

Olivia: “Precisely.”

Quote:We cut to Olivia, setting on the sofa by herself.

Olivia: “My husband is a good man, but he doesn’t really… think things through, sometimes. He’s always so enthusiastic about everything, jumping head in first, that he does or says things that aren’t exactly what the young kids these days would call ‘woke’. Thankfully, we managed to raise our Ruby right, so that she got the best parts from both of us. It’s been a struggle at times, like when he tried to teach her a Native rain dance when she was six, so that it would rain for the first time in 3 months. Well intended, but micro aggressions can be hurtful too, and we need to be wary of those. Thankfully, he is easily brought to his senses, he never started crying about how right to ‘do a racism’ was being taken away. The same can’t be said for everyone, unfortunately.”

Ruby:”Oh look, bubblegum flavored seaweed strips!”

They passed a candy stall, and Ruby pointed at the odd treats.

Nicolas: “And sriracha-flavored Mentos! I need those!”

Olivia: “No you don’t, tooth decay hits a man your age pretty hard.

Mr. Debuchy looked annoyed at that remark.

Quote:We find Nicolas on the sofa by himself, his arms crossed over his chest.

Nicolas: “I love my wife, but sometimes I feel like she gets a kick out of bringing people down. For example , she always loves to remind me about how I’m getting older, even if I don’t feel like it! In my heart I still feel like I’m thirty, and that I have my entire life in front of me and can do anything I still want to do! Sure, my hair is getting thinner, I’m pretty sure I can no longer do a backflip or stand atop a human pyramid, but why focus on that? I’m just glad I managed to teach our Ruby to always see the good in people, and to always be positive and believe in herself and others. Sometimes, I think that’s why her wrestling peers don’t always take her seriously, because she never learned trash talk or cuss words at home. Sure, sometimes a bit of her mother shines through but generally speaking she rarely lets a bad word about someone else cross her lips. And you know what? I’m proud of that. I did that! Even managed to get my wife to stop swearing as well! She was quite the potty mouth before we got married! Isn’t that bananas?”

Ruby sensed the tension between her parents, and held up her hands.

Ruby: “All right, guys. There’s something in the air here, and ya baby girl ain’t digging it! But I know a solution. Here, hold these…”

She handed her recently purchased sake set to her mother and darted towards the nearest phone booth.

Olivia: “What is she doing?”

Nicolas: “Oh, I think I know what’s coming! Hold on to your hat!”

No less than ten seconds later, the phone booth door swung open.

Ruby: “Who da CHAMP??”

Nicolas: “You are!”

Ruby grinned, and it didn’t take long before the crowded street took notice of the colorful girl clad in superhero costume. People all over took out their phones and started filming or taking pictures, and kids everywhere started screaming in excitement. Ruby held up her arms.

Ruby: “Alright, who wants a selfie with the Super Dear’O!!?”

Nicolas: “Me!”

His wife slapped him on the arm.

Olivia: “Let the kids go first!”

As Ruby got swarmed by fans, Olivia Debuchy took in the sight. Her daughter, masked and clad in green and yellow, adored by dozens, spreading joy and laughter. Without even noticing, she nodded approvingly. She sighed, and put her arm around her husband’s shoulders.

Olivia: “Our kid turned out all right, didn’t she?”

Silence.

Olivia: “Didn’t she?”

She looked over at Mr. Debuchy.

Olivia: “Cheri, are you crying?”

A tear ran down Mr. Debuchy’s face as he returned the embrace and nodded.

Nicolas: “Look at that. We did that. I couldn’t be more proud.”

And Olivia Debuchy kissed him on the cheek.

Olivia: “Win or lose… Our baby girl will always be a champion of the just.”

[Image: rEuB2NG.gif]

From Ruby’s Go-Pro…

Ruby: “My flippies! Welcome to super extracular, or extra spectacular if you prefer, promo from your Anarchy Champ!”

We see Ruby in full get-up, aiming the camera at her face. She’s wandering backstage, using her free hand to high-five any crew members she walks past.

Ruby: “We’re mere moments away from kicking off this Pay Per View here in Tokyo, and ooooh boy, ya girl’s more excited than a beaver setting its teeth in a fresh new log! This is what we’ve been fighting for. This is what all the build up’s been for! Can ya feel it in the air? It’s like electricity! This is what Billy Elliott feels when he’s about to dazzle us in Swan Lake! Ballet reference, for all of you uncultured folks out there, and I don’t mean that in a bad way! It’s never too late to learn! Go culture! Go ballet! Book your tickets now! Oh, and go watch Billy Elliott if you haven’t, it’s really quite superb. Sorta reminds me of myself, you know? Kid from an average family who’s a bit different… Tries his hand at something he loves that nobody expected and doesn’t fit the traditional gender mold. And why does he succeed? Because in the end, those he loves support him, even if they don’t completely understand. That’s why I’m here as well. The unconditional love and support of my parents, who molded me into the very best version of myself. I wouldn’t be here today without them. And I can’t thank them enough for it. Because this? This is where I want to be. This is where I belong. The excitement of going into this PPV to defend my Anarchy Championship and also have a chance to grab that 24/7 briefcase… Moments like these are where you know you’re alive. You just know you’re on the brink of history. And to quote General Maximus Decimus Meridius: ‘The things we do in life, echo in eternity’. Well, I can’t wait to scream. In agony, if I must. In victory, because I shall.

“Anyway, this has been a proper song and dance, hasn’t it? I feel like I should be cutting this promo to the hook of Jay-Z’s ‘What More Can I Say’ at this point. And y’all know I’m no Sarah Lacklan, who can keep coming up with original new ways to insult and talk down on people for hours and hours. Saying half the stuff I did already took me to the limit. I guess that’s what the SarLack means when she said that ya girl ain’t no deep sea swimmer. But if you say that my biggest flaw is that I can’t unleash relentless tirades on people to sink their self-confidence and hurt their feelings on a constant basis, then you know what? I WILL gladly take that compliment. And no, that doesn’t make me weak. That doesn’t mean I don’t have what it takes. That doesn’t mean I can’t win this match. I believe in lifting up, rather than kicking down. I believe in climbing up to rise above. And that’s exactly what I’ll be doing tonight. Rising above. Above everybody else. And nab that flippin’ briefcase! Because the Banana-Lime Blur is going to survive!

“And to prove that, I won’t trash talk. In fact, let me say something POSITIVE about all of my opponents. Let’s turn this ish around, shall we?

“Gannon! You take pride in your work. You take pride in your legacy. You’re proud of who you are! And don’t you ever lose sight of any of that! But taking pride in yourself doesn’t mean you can’t face your flaws. It doesn’t mean you can’t strive to become even better. And I know you can be! I see potential in you, dude, but you need to cut out the excuses and own up to your mistakes. Just like I will do, in a bit. If you can face facts, and recognize that taking an L can be a Learning experience, rather than a Losing experience, you can go far. Just don’t call me a drugged-out hippie because that’s just displaying woeful ignorance. And it might lead to some evil tongues claiming that while you believe my jokes fell flat, your entire personality did… You can do better than what you showed these last two weeks. I genuinely believe that. So don’t you stop trying to improve!

“Geri! As I said before, you recognize the value of things. Mostly. When you’re not doing 25 tokes a day. I’m kinda worried regarding this Leap of Faith match, because part of me think you’ll be giving 100% for our Anarchy bout, as you should and for which I’m thankful. But then… completely lose any kind of motivation to follow that up with a great effort in the rafter match! I know you have what it takes. I know that you beating me wasn’t a fluke. You earned that win because I got distracted and complacent, and that’s completely my fault. But just as I vowed to never let that happen ever again, I hope you have vowed to put your best foot forward every single day! Because if you do that, then you’ll be a force to be reckoned with on Anarchy, the XWF’s greatest, most fun show!

“Now we’re on to Chronic Chris! Haven’t I been heaping up the compliments quite enough on you already, my guy? Whilst others are out there calling you Omega Main’s lesser accomplice, I’ve been all about saying how great your legacy is! And I’d be a fool not to. Sure, you go a bit heavy on the proverbial and literal apostrophes, but that doesn’t mean anybody is exempt from a Page Plant! If I were to call this match a three-horse race, I’d put you down as a contender, and I mean that.

“Now comes the hardest part. Something positive to say about Greggo… …. …. … . . . … . . . .. .. I guess you’re not the… worst… thing… I’ve come across, in the past 11 years? Sorry, but that’s about all I can come up with. Even I have my limits.

“And for my good buddy Lacklan? I’ve got nothing but respect. Some of it I give begrudgingly, because I’m well aware of some of the things you’ve done. But here’s the thing… You bring out the best in people. Also the worst! But that’s not what I choose to focus on right here. You’re a bit like Centurion, in that you manage to make others look great, just by being you. Not because you heap praise upon them, but because you make them feel like they matter. Those who look at you superficially may not agree, but we’ve had many battles and every bout is a memory I’ll carry to my grave. You’re a natural born motivator. You’re the engine of the world that surrounds you, the creator of your own utopia in which Sarah Lacklan is the center of the universe. That takes skill. It takes effort. And very few people seem to understand that. But I do.

“So of course I will cherish those victories I hold over you. You ARE the Thanos! You ARE the final stone in the Infinity Gauntlet. But I snapped you once, and I can snap you twice. Because… and this is the second-to-hardest part after trying to put a positive twist on Greggo… I am not a pushover.

“This is to anyone out there watching. Yes, I love fun. Yes, I love a good laugh. But I also love danger. I love adrenaline. I love the rush of leaping off the edge of a cage with no disregard for my own health or safety. And… just a sec, just putting out this disclaimer real quick…

“I love doing a triple moonsault off a ladder to send my opponent crashing and literally burning through a flaming table with steel thumbtacks. I live for that ish. I love danger. I seek it actively. And there’s nothing more dangerous than stepping into a match with some of the world’s greatest athletes and Greggo, and fight for a gateway to one of wrestling’s most coveted prizes. So you best believe I will pour MORE of my heart and MORE of my soul into that match than everybody else. Ya girl’s not just fighting for herself. I’ll be fighting for the people at home watching and cheering. For the kids, and adults because they exist, sporting my mask. For my parents, who I never could’ve done this without. And ultimately me. Because this is my dream. And I won’t just let it shatter. I want my dream to become something that the BFG captures and feeds to children. If you don’t recognize that reference, you’re missing out, fam. Google Roald Dahl. Just… focus on the books.

“Anyway, that’s about all I have time for. I hear some rummaging going on there, and I think it’s the pyrotechnics folks, so this party’s getting started in here! Just remember… Believe in yourself. Believe in what you can do. And I would be forever grateful if you would support me in this match. Wear the mask, carry the banner, wear the Supershirt, eat the Ruby-Ohs! And believe in me. The OG of PG. The Super Dear’O. The Banana-Lime Blur. The Bringer of Order. The Champion of the Just.”

And with a smile and a wink, Ruby signed off.

[Image: xdkhJBl.gif]

[Image: dY7KZz4.png]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Ruby's post:
(07-25-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-26-2020)