Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:08 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
La subida es más dolorosa que la caída.
Hanari Carnes Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

07-24-2020, 09:21 PM

That elusive apple.

It hangs from the tree, and you can see it, smell it, almost taste it, but you can't reach it. Something about that apple is driving you. Something about that apple is making you do things that you never would before.

You climb the tree, branches snapping under your weight, the apple getting closer with each new stride. Your taste-buds crave it more the closer you get, the inferno rages inside you.

But is it the apple you're after? Or the climb? Is it the sweet, succulent prize at the top of the tree or is the the method you take to get there? The feeling of accomplishment or the feeling of acquiring a prize? There is a difference.

The branches scrape your legs, the wood is hard beneath your hands. It has been easy so far, as you made your way over thick branch after thick branch. But it gets much harder at the top. The branches thin out, even the slightest touch sends them crashing to the earth below. Every movement you make has to be calculated now, or you'll end up in the pile of smashed in apples that lie scattered around the base of the tree. You feel yourself falling, reaching out to grab your balance. Your breathing becomes more rapid, and your focus goes up a notch.

Almost....there.

Almost....................there.

You reach an arm out, but your finger tips barely graze it. There are so many apples on this tree, so many that would be so much easier to get. Grab, eat, go home.

But you want this apple.

You go for it again, the branch is almost as thin as your finger and it bends under your weight. You almost have to contort your body at an angle that will surely pull a muscle, just so you don't break the branch........

If this apples falls, what was the climb worth?

Nobody thinks you can do it. They scream at you from the ground that its not worth it and to just give up. Grab a different apple and get the hell down. Stop being stupid.

Is this apple really worth the risk?

Your mind doesn't have time to process that. You hear the shouts around you but you don't let them register. They are nothing more than white noise.

Your knees are scraped from climbing, you just noticed. Your head hurts from when you misjudged the branch a few feet down and popped up too soon, smacking your head on it.

Your fingers press against the branch again and you lurch forward slowly.....slowly......

There is a breeze now. The apple begins to sway. What if it falls before you can reach it? You can't eat it off the ground. Your journey will be ruined.

You wait until the breeze stops, and you lunge, all of your energy focused on grabbing that apple.........

Your hand clasps around it, and you pull it back. It unhinges from the tree, and your arm recoils.

You got the apple, but now, how do you get down?

Suddenly, the branch you are sitting on snaps, and as if are weightless, you begin to plummet.

You brace yourself for impact, knowing this could very well be the last time you ever take another breath......

You land on the ground, and look up at the sky above you. You see the clouds, sitting there, almost as if they are staring at you, silently judging.

Your entire body is racked with pain, but you find solace in knowing that you did it. You got it. Its yours.

You got your apple.

The world gets dark around you as people close in. You can taste blood. Your insides have got to be shattered.

Someone bends over you on one side, then one on another.You open your eyes, expecting to see a frantic look from the ones who love you......supported you..........warned you..........

You're going to die, you can feel it, but at least you got your apple.

But the only faces you see are those who want your suffering to continue, want you to die as painfully as possible.

You look at the apple. It's lost its color. It is now a bright silver. It says 82.

Hanari awakes with a gasp. He is panting, his bed soaked with sweat. Realizing where he is, he is able to control his breathing. He gets out of bed and walks to the kitchen unit of his luxury hotel suit. Pulling an apple out of the fridge, he stares at it for a moment. Getting this apple seemed easy, just a simple few steps. But there was so much that could have happened. He almost speaks his thoughts out loud.

Why worry about something that can kill you in years, when there are so many things that can kill you today?

He smiles and looks at the apple again.

His apple.

THIS apple.

Walking back to bed, he takes a bite, letting the juice run down his chin. Setting it on the nightstand, he climbed back into bed. The apple would be rotten in the morning, but at least he got to taste it before it soured.

Sometimes, it's about the rise. There's no time to worry about the fall.

[Image: i2PYkZP.gif]

La subida es más dolorosa que la caída.

The rise is more painful than the fall.

"I haven't been able to sleep too well these past few nights. Not because the amenities weren't exquisite, because they were--Hanari only accepts the best, and the XWF credit card spared no expense--but because I have had something on my mind. It has been really bugging me, like an itch I can't scratch, like a buzzing in my ear that won't stop. Wrestler 82. You sniveling little weasel. The fact that you are coming into this Pay Per View with the word champion next to your name is sickening. It is a slap in the face to the wrestling business, a slap in the face to anyone who has ever watched wrestling. It is spitting in the face of anyone who has ever made a living doing this. Anyone can attack someone, especially on vacation, but not very man can get into the ring and be successful. You can't compete on a championship level, and that is going to become agonizingly clear on Sunday. You don't even know your true identity, you don't know who you want to be. Weren't you like some street thug who wore baggy jeans and your hat backwards like a month ago? Now look at ya. The face paint, the tight black clothing. Shit you look like a cast off from a theater in some small town pretending to be on Broadway's rendition of Phantom of the Opera. But pretending isn't something you are uncomfortable with, is it Reggie? You're pretending to be talented in the ring, pretending to like the attention that belt brings, hell, you're pretending to be champion. You're a place filler until the Pay Per View. A warm body to keep the title safe. You probably think that because you've successfully "defended" MY belt against any and all jaggoffs who attempted to win it in the same cowardly and gutless way you did, that you're actually a good wrestler. You aren't. You're even getting a bit cocky. You asked me......

How come you didn’t even try to defend your belt like a true man?

Because nothing about the 12/7 rule makes you a man. Nothing about that rule makes you a champion, other than on paper. You're nothing more than Felix Jones with more pigment. Felix thought his shit didn't stink because he ducked and dodged his way through backstage attacks and attempts at his belt, but he was a cardboard cut out in the ring. I told him that, he didn't believe me. Felix bragged and boasted about his little streak, how long he held the belt for, how good of a champion he was. What happened to Felix? He stepped into the ring with me, I broke his arm, and we haven't seen Felix Jones since. Not just because he is injured but because I made Felix realize that he wasn't just bad, he flat out sucked. Felix can't show his face in the XWF anymore. I did that. That was me. Reggie, you're no different. You will step into the ring with me, the best technical wrestler in the world today, and I will show you what true pain is all about. You see, I was just like you once. A young upstart with the world in front of him. Difference is, I was actually talented. That point aside, I stepped into the lions den from day one and I had to fight my way out. Do you think they went easy on me? Every single time I stepped in that ring people doubted me, they looked over me, they thought they had an easy W for that column. I had to prove them wrong. Even now, I have been a multiple champion multiple times, and I am still proving people wrong. I stayed humble and I took every moment for what it was and made the best of it. I have done more in 28 matches than you're going to accomplish in your career...because you're arrogant and you can't back up your words. You think because you are a "champion" that we are supposed to respect you? You haven't earned that yet, Reggie. You didn't earn the belt, you haven't earned the name "wrestler" in your moniker, you haven't earned anything but this ass kicking. This match was supposed to be Robert Main versus Hanari Carnes. You weren't even in the equation and if it weren't for some cheap loophole, you'd probably be in the opening battle royal with the rest of the scrubs. You're not a real champion, and you're stepping into the ring with two proven one's. If I were you I'd take a bubble bath with that belt, get it some flowers and take it to dinner because you won't be seeing it any longer. I don't know if I am going to win and pull that belt down, but I do know that you aren't.

That brings me to Robert Main. Pretty busy week, hasn't it been? Getting ready for this match, having Chaos and Peter breathing down your neck, and being Chris Page's lap dog. Yeah, I'd say you've had a busy week. A busy week lying to yourself, also, pendejo. You think I am afraid of you? Reggie might be, but Hanari fears no man. I thrive under the pressure of stepping up to the plate against the best in this game, and I couldn't allow myself to be afraid of someone as shallow and over-hyped as you. Someone who pats themselves on the back for accomplishments before he accomplishes them. So you want to be a slam champion? You want to win the X-Treme title just to solidify your 'legacy'? Main, you need to get your own legacy first. You need to carve out that path of destruction on your own before you can ever worse the word "legacy" as a singular description. All of these XWF sheep may be brainwashed and standing awe-struck of the big bad Robert Main, but all I see is a lying, whining, sniffling little bitch boy with a for-show ego to protect a fragile self image. All you do is lie, and as much as that isn't cool, bro, I can handle it. Lie to me all you want but the most concerning thing here is that you're lying to yourself.

Unlike most of the XWF roster, I’ve never needed anyone’s help.

Survey says, that's a lie.

AX3, the second coming of APEX, now Cataclysm. Even when you were Universal Champion you always had James Raven, Centurion, Archyle, among others to bail you out. The ones calling the shots behind that big black curtain have always had your back, and when they decided enough was enough, you turned against them and 'declared war' like the split was your idea. Truth be told, they got sick of carrying you. Even the whole "war" idea wasn't yours, it was just another idea you sucked from Chris Page and pretended you had anything to do with. You want to talk about legacy? You'll never even be a quarter of what "Big Rigg" John Gambino was. That name strikes a chord, doesn't it?

CHRIS PAGE June 29th, 2019 Said:“You can’t keep hiding behind the powers that be! They can’t protect you forever!”

If only he knew what lay ahead.

You sat behind litigation and words on a piece of paper while your "brothers" were out there fighting out the Page invasion without you.

Without them, Robert Main would never be where he is today. Without weeks of battling Raven and his goons, your new found friend would have torn you apart. They reached out to you to clean up their mess not because they were incapable, but because they were tired of dealing with it. Send in the walk ons, the starting line up is tired!

But if I may continue, to further prove my point, you've ALWAYS needed someone's help. You've always surrounded yourself with those who you couldn't defeat, and they helped you keep that belt around your waist because it was a reflection of their power, their control, and their influence.

SAY THEIR NAMES:

James Raven
Drew Archyle
Fuzz
Roxy Nova
Centurion
Michael Graves
Jim Caedus
....and now, Chris Page

You even hid behind Jim when Chris Chaos, a broken and beaten down man at the time with the ego as thin as an egg shell, wanted a title shot. You told him if he could beat Jim Caedus he could get his shot. He did, but it came at a cost. That was a brutal match, and the beat down after didn't help. You faced a Chris Chaos that wasn't 100 percent, and you knew damn well what you were doing.

Hiding, it's what you do best.

The only thing you've ever done by yourself, Robert, is lose. The only thing you've ever done is cough up the richest prize in this game to a former legend who shows up with the same frequency as Hailey's Comet. The only thing you've done by yourself is get cashed in on, and then lose your return match. I didn't see Chris Page jump up to help you when Soldier drove that forklift to the ring.........he just sat there with his typical dumbass look and did commentary.

When I kicked you in the head on Savage, I knew damn well what I was doing, too. I was proving to the world that Robert Main is nothing without his cronies and that by himself, he really isn't all that scary. Scary looking, sure. Robert I proved to the world that you can indeed get touched, that the mountain you sit on isn't quite as high as you think.

With a lie, comes truth.

I did that all on my own, just like I’ll do with the X-title, shattering records and stacking the bodies along the way…

Yes, you will, if you win it. Every two bit, low frequency, single digit, brainless buffoon will try to get themselves a piece of Robert Main. But you'll fend them off, they are nothing more than an annoyance. Hell, REGGIE is the damn champion right now, that goes to show you just how prestigious that belt has become.

If you're the glass ceiling, I am the stone that is thrown through it. I am shattering your perception of reality on Sunday, and I am bringing you back down to earth. And I am going to do it BY MYSELF. No Chaos at ringside, no Gilmour. I've earned, and I've lost, everything here by myself. Chris and Pete, they know to let me be. THEY asked ME to join, I did not approach them. I don't NEED them like you need Page. I won the TV Title ON MY OWN. I won the Tag Titles damn near ON MY OWN, I won the X-Treme title ON MY OWN. Chaos did what Chaos does, but Felix Jones was dead before the match even began.

I may not have your win loss record, I may not have your title history, I sure as hell don't have as many friends, but I have just as many enemies. What I have, Robert, is heart. Determination. What I have is pride. You're the one who is scared, backed into a corner, and desperate. You resorted to fourth grade insults and jokes. Coming apart at the seams, you are. Talking tough for the sake of talking tough, you are. Fear you? I do not.

You can tell us until you are blue in your scarred face that this isn't about the briefcase but we know it is. You want to be the top dog again, and it was this very event last year that you beat your now partner and retained your gold........

You want a piece of that pie again.

It's cool, I get it. I would too. Hell, if Chaos was the champion I would probably do the same thing. It is a dog eat dog world, Robert, and the biggest and meanest dog is the one that will survive.

This is going to be a head-on collision and I’m bringing two body bags…”

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Viva la Republic!
Viva la Dominicano!
Viva la Hanari Carnes!

[Image: jsviGwY.png]

[Image: 4nIPl3r.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Hanari Carnes's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (07-24-2020), Theo Pryce (07-25-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (07-24-2020)