Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-17-2024, 04:46 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
The Truth
Chris Chaos Offline
Corporate Chaos

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-18-2020, 07:55 PM

[Image: Kxxxlkj.gif]

The gravel is always loose in cemeteries. I never understood that.

I shuffle along, a week away from yet another match with my demon, the man that has haunted my dreams for the better part of 2 years. I kick up stones as my shoes scuff the dirt and gravel, heading to nowhere in particular. My hands were buried in my pockets, my fingers pushing around the lint and assorted change. There was a little hole starting in one of the pockets. I could probably put the tip of my finger through it.

There was a slight breeze. It felt nice through my hair. In the distance there was a car engine, and some sirens. Daily life going on around me as I walked into the void.

*burn it down*

I put my hand on my head. The voices couldn't start up, not today. I had a headache. Slight, but noticeable.

*gasoline. fire. char. smoke*

I tried my hardest to ignore it. There were some cars parked at the edge of the cemetery, clearly those coming to visit their love ones lost. I remember the last time I was at one of these, I dug up Barney Green's old wench. Oh, those were the days.

People always came to these places and spoke to the headstones. Did they really think anybody could hear them? It's always amusing me to see what comforts the human psyche.

I continued to shuffle along. I was getting closer to the family in the car, who was now kneeling down in front of a grave stone with several flowers on the top of it. Poor bastard must have been freshly dead.

*kill them* this time it was almost a hiss. I beat it back as best I could.

I was feeling a bit light headed, that was a trend for me lately. Maybe I'd sit down for a few, against a tree. Watch the cars. Watch the people.

Relax.

Man, I forgot what it feels like to relax.

My back sat up against the rough tree bark, my ass and upper thighs in the dirt and grass. My hair was down over my face, I took a big breath and let out an exhale.

Man, I forgot what it feels like to relax.

As the time went on, and the birds chirped around me and the squirrels frolicked in the trees, I began to feel a little different. My hands got a little numb, my eyes began to feel heavy.

Maybe I'd take a nap, a nice little recharge.

*they're gone. this is your chance. burn.it.down*

My eyes shot open. My tongue felt like cabbage, as if my mouth was stuffed with cotton. I stood up, I needed to keep moving. I couldn't let it sneak up on me again.

Let him.

Let it.

It, because whatever this thing is, its not human, its not me.

I couldn't help but look over at the grave stone those people were just at as I shuffled by it. It was a trap, a forever trap. Once you were in one of those holes, it defined you. You were there forever, and there was no getting out.

Despite the warm temperature, I had chills. The hair stood up on my arms.

I saw myself laying in there. The trap I had been put into, the hole I could not get out of. I saw the dirt that covered this new forever home like the dirt that was currently on my name......weighing heavy on my shoulders........I shut my eyes but the image would not leave.

*burn it down*

I opened my eyes, there was no gasoline nearby, thank god. I tried to will my legs to walk forward. All they did was noodle. I dropped to my knees and buried my face in my hands.

It was as if 50 voices were shouting at me at once......all blended into one. Like a mashup of screams, the voices all my own.

*burn
torture
despair
pain
trap
leash
politic
knife
blood
cut*

*kill
kill
kill
dig
break
snap
escape

THE TRUTH*

By the time the voices stopped, my fingernails bled. The blood mixed with the soil under my nails, I felt the fresh dirt on my face. The box that lay in front of me....the box.....the lair.....the hole.....the trap.........

I pried it open. A crow cawed at the same moment, but as soon as the coffin opened the voices finally died down.

I was breathing heavy. I felt free.

That's when I heard a vibration. My head snapped to the right, and there sat a phone. One of them must have left it. Second later I heard a car crunching up the gravel road. I snapped off a piece of the casket handle and gripped it tight.

I had nothing else left in my life but to fight. Succeed or fail, I was going for broke.

All I had left was the truth

[Image: LcYD6le.gif]

"So I guess this is where I'm supposed to trash talk, huh? They want me to do a cold open, and I can't reply to anything Main and Page have already said.

Good.

There is nothing to say anyway. What can I say about a man who is damn near flawless inside the ring? What can I say about a man who almost never loses? What can I say about a man who is set up by management to be a double champion because he's always been in their back pocket? What can I say about a man who has beaten me every single time we have been in the ring together? A man I have never beaten? What is there to say about a man who has held every belt in this company at some point or another, and has some of the longest, if not the longest, reigns of anyone to ever hold them? What is there to say that can actually be taken serious?

The answer, tell the truth.

Stop the fabrication.

No amount of trash-talk in the world will work against Robert Main because there is no validity to it, it's all just hyped up, grown up versions of play ground 'your momma' jokes. There is no backbone, no leg to stand on. Anything I could possibly say he can just turn around and throw my failures right back in my face. And there have been plenty, trust me.

All I can say is that I am going to go in there and give it my all. I am going to go in there and fight the fight of my life. I am going to go in with no expectations, that way, the only thing I can be is pleasantly surprised. I am going in there knowing it is personal for both of us. The hatred is real. I know how I feel about Robert Main, and I know how he feels about me. I know that I can beat him, but I have yet to prove it. All I have left to say is the truth.

Champions aren’t just made by winning but by taking their losses and getting better. I may lose to Robert Main a million times, but those losses make me better in the long run against not only main but other wrestlers “less than” Main. Robert you can't say I have ever given up to you. You can't say I have ever backed down. I have fought you tooth and nail every single time. I have pushed you further than anyone else has pushed you. I have been the nemesis of yours for some time. And each time you stopped my advances, each time you shot down my charge, I studied it, I built off of it, I got stronger........I got better.

So yeah, we all know how great Main is. BUT, has he gotten better? Has he forced himself to be better or is he fine with staying stagnate as long as he earns that championship? Is he actually willing to push himself like I have? No, he’s fine with staying the same as long as he “wins”. I’ve lost over and over and had to change, adapt. I’ve had to learn to be better and push myself to be better even when I thought I was the best. I adapt as needed to make sure I’m not putting out the same shit and keep people on their toes. I’m not the same Chris I was years ago and with each match I change. I get better. Even if I don’t come out on top this time around I’ll keep fighting. I’ll keep working toward another goal. I’ll keep getting stronger. That’s something I have over Main, the ability to change and get better instead of being fine with staying at the same level of obscurity. Everyone thinks they know me. Everyone thinks they have my shit figured out. Good, that kind of thinking puts me ahead in the end. Either way I’m still unstoppable, unbreakable, who else here can say that? After all of this, I am still here, still standing.

Robert has accomplishments that look good on paper. Championship after championship and a fan base that would march the streets like the BLM if he ever actually retired. But has Robert had an entire roster, fan base, and management team hate him and black ball him to the point that he either had to choose to walk away from the game or lace his boots up a little tighter and take the shit thrown at him? Robert Main is a beast on paper but he hasn’t had to go through the trials I have. Against all odds I have kept pushing my own name. I’ve had no help, I’ve had everyone against me at times, it all made me realize that even if I lose again to Robert I’m still stronger than Robert. There’s a difference between winning a match and being strong. Robert is like a body builder on roids. He looks buff as fuck but he took the easy way to get there. He didn’t bust his ass the natural way because it was “to hard” or his progress was “to slow”. I did. I knew I was hated but still did what I had to do every week to get better. While Robert can rely on other people and past wins in the ring I’ll stick to relying on my actual skill and ability in the ring. The same skill and ability that has me on the same All-Time great list as Robert, whether he likes it or not.

Theo Pryce is going to be the guest ref. Beautiful. Perfect. I wouldn't want it any other way. Keep stacking that deck, Theo and I'll keep burning it down. I'm not even going to warn or threaten you about calling the match down the middle, because I know you won't. The only person you hate more than me is Peter Gilmour, and oh lookeeee who my partner is. Theo I know your agenda. Sure, Main and Page have waged war also. They specifically said yours and Vinnie's name at the end of their promo as they foreshadowed the future. It's a smoke screen, I see through that. Theo you may not want them, but in your mind it is anyone but me and sure as shit anyone but Peter. I am so much stronger than the men you've tried to bury before, Theo. I am a different kinda cat, you see? I am built from the pressure that I put on myself and molded by the stipulations you guys have been putting on me for years now. My outlook is totally different now than it was when I first walked through those doors back in 2016.

I remember those days.

Everything was bright, shiny and new. There is nothing more invigorating than a second chance. Everything was peachy, I had the world in front of me, the sky was the limit and there wasn't anything I couldn't achieve.

Now I see the wrestling world for what it is. The shiny new world is covered in mold and slime. The backstage politics and tightly knit cliques kind of take the luster out of it, ya know? But it all fine and dandy, because I flourish in the darkness. I am a creature of the night now. No matter how you call this match, I am prepared. No matter what your decision is, nothing is unexpected.

So bring it, Theo. Give me your worst, bossman.

Chris Page.....what can I say about Chris Page other than good luck. The briefcase match is set up for you to win, no surprise there. I hope you do win it, honestly. I hope you win the briefcase and get that title shot you have been chasing for so long. I want to see what you can do on an individual level, instead of being a Remora stuck on the dorsal fin of the XWF's biggest shark.

I want to see "Chronic" holding that leverage piece over Robert. I want Theo's politics to tear the two of you apart while I sit back and watch. Page, you may be the best talent on this roster but you only know about me what Robert spoon feeds to you. I am hard to get rid of, shocked he didn't tell you that. Maybe its a jealousy thing....maybe he is afraid of the monster he has created. It is quiet before the storm, calm before the chaos. Whether or not Peter and I take those belts off you at Leap of Faith or not, just know that I am going nowhere. I am going to be in that title picture whenever it is that Robert allows you to cash it in. I will be waiting in the shadows to take my pound of flesh.

The truth of this entire thing is that Chris Chaos is as good as anyone to step into that ring, and the more you beat me down the more I rise above. I welcome the pain, I welcome the anguish, I welcome the challenge. Can you put me away for good? Or will Chronic Chris Page continue to be a dim shadow, a flickering underglow, on the shiny Mercedes?

How do you want to be remembered?

[Image: Sej6Rv5.gif]
[Image: OIubRMw.gif]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chris Chaos's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (07-18-2020)