Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 05:40 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Leap of Faith 2020 PPV
Flight
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

07-16-2020, 10:59 AM

The sound of the rain on top of the roof of the taxi slowly builds. The rain is causing the visibility to be lower than normal forcing the driver to drive slower than normal. Noah is staring out the widow following the rain drops down and getting excited when the drop he chose wins the race. As I stare out of my window watching the building last go by.

“So… penny for your thoughts?”
Noah asked as his attention turned to me. Caught off guard I jump up slightly.

“What? What’s up?”
I know what he thinks he saw, but he doesn’t know anything. The fight itself wasn’t the concern he has, hell he probably doesn’t even know it happened. All he knows is that I left Atty in the room with the box l.

“Let me get this right. We run around all of Paris gathering up gifts you left for Atty. The sole purpose being that she doesn’t get to them first. Then earlier this morning I see her holding one of those very items and you walking out of the room.”
I let out a deep sigh and shook my head.

“Is there a question? Or are you just recanting the events of the day? Because you also forgot about me beating Mastermind.”
A look of disbelief comes across Noah’s face.

“Shut up cunt! Why does she have them?”
Noah hands me his phone. “Why didn’t she answer her phone when I called? She always answers. What happened last night?”

“I don’t know what you want to hear, kid.”

“Something happened from the time her and I got back to the hotel and this morning that caused something to change.”
Noah shoves me in the shoulder which causes me to turn my full attention towards him.

“What do you want me to say? You want to know if we fucked?”
Noah leans back in his seat and shakes his head.

“You know god damn well that I don’t give a fuck about that!” I’m pretty sure that is a fact that everyone knows. The last thing he wants to know is where my dick is.

“Well we didn’t.”

“I don’t care about that cunt. I care about my dad, and friend being okay. So what happened?”

“Fine.”
He deserves the truth. “I’ve been having these shakes in my hands. I’ve had it before. It’s basically what happens when I’m going through withdrawals.”

“You’re using again!?!”
A weird look of shock and disappointment covers Noah’s face.

“No… well I was about to. Then something happened. My phone began blowing up. It wouldn’t stop. And every time she would text, it would go away.”

“So what? How close were you?”

“Close. Then she invited herself up to my room. I ended up flushing everything to test a theory.”

“I’m so glad you’re testing theories when it comes to your sobriety.”

“We both know that I’m not fully sober. Weed and booze still counts. Either way. She came up looking for what I later found out was me.”
I hang my head. “I let her sleep in the room by herself. I just couldn’t be in there Noah. She fucking broke me and it was just pushed off to the side, like nothing happened.”

“Again I stress, so?”

“She ended up coming on the couch with me. Noah I’m telling you…”
I look out of the window of the taxi and sigh. “I let it all get to me. I couldn’t even let myself be happy for one fucking night. We woke up, and instantly we fought.”

“That’s odd.”

“I know. We never fight like this. But I’m telling you Noah it was cathartic. Everything that I’ve been feeling just came out. Everything that was bottled up oozed from my mouth.”
I’m not proud of the way I spoke to her, I was lost in my emotions. “I may have lost her Noah. Leaving her there with those things is a last ditch effort. And I don’t know if it was enough.”

“She’ll come around Dad.”
Noah places a hand on my shoulder.

“I’m not so sure of that kid.”

That’s the absolute truth. I don’t know what she’s going to do. All I know is that she very well could be the one that got away. It happens. I’m not thrilled about it, but whatever she chooses I have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

The taxi pulls up to the small airport where a G6 is waiting with the stairs down. Noah hops out and runs towards the plane and climbs inside leaving me outside in the rain to grab the bags.

The trunk pops open and the driver helps me with the bags. A flight attendant comes and grabs the bags from us and takes them to the plane. The rain is heavier now than it was as I walk up the steps of the plane. Just as I’m about to get inside I turn around and survey the small airport.

Well I guess I know what she chose.

The large door closes behind me as I enter the cabin of the plane. Noah is already laid back in his seat, as I take the one on the opposite side of him. The attendant that took our bags brings me a glass of bourbon. I take a quick sip of the drink and place the glass down as I stare off into the airport field. I shake my head and check Noah who has fallen asleep in quick fashion.

“You still there?”

The camera nods yes.

“Let’s do it then.”
I go into that weird trance where it’s only me and a theoretical camera around, and everything plays out in my head.

Shawn…. Don’t be nice.

Now isn’t the time to show any weakness. You can’t stoop to his level. You have to be stronger than him. You don’t need to placate the masses. This is your world. He’s stepping into the frying pan. He chose this. Now isn’t the time to hold back.

The camera pans around, and sets itself up behind my head. Currently leaning over the right shoulder.

Shawn, just let him have this one. He’s tried so many times before only to come up short. You could be the one to finally validate his career. You could finally live up to the moniker of “Greatest Enemy”. What a great story to tell the world. The good guy finally wins the big one, and gets rid of his greatest foe.

The camera adjusts and leans over the left shoulder.

FUCK THAT! I may be his greatest foe. He’s not mine. The only person I consider as my greatest foe is myself. The only person to ever beat me was myself. Why else would I keep coming back? There was and isn’t anyone that can get rid of me. I’ll be the one to take myself out, not some never-was.

The camera jumps back over to the right shoulder, as I hold out my right hand in the air.

Look at that. Steady as a rock. I don’t have a worry in the world. I know that once I walk into the arena in Tokyo this hand will stay steady. I’m not going in there with any nerves. I’ve stood tall on so many occasions. This isn’t anything new to me. I know what I have to do to make sure I walk out of there still champion.

One more jump to the left shoulder, as I put down the right hand and raise the left. It begins to tremble a bit.

I can imagine what it’s like for you Centurion. The table is set. James Raven, Steve Jason, Jem Williams, Raziel, and myself all sit at a table that you never could quite fit in at. Each and every opportunity you’ve had, squandered. Coming up just short. So the nerves never leave. No matter how many times you tell yourself you’re ready. Your hand tells a different tale. It tells one of a man who is conflicted with his spot. Someone who has been told time and time again that he doesn’t deserve it, only to eventually succumb and begin to believe it. The trembling will go away friend.

Another uneventful camera jump to the right side.

I’ve coveted this title for my entire career. Do you know how much it hurt to watch so many people say they didn’t want it? That’s why I put the title on the ground for anyone to take. I wanted someone, anyone to take the bull by the horns. I needed someone to show some fucking balls. Even if it meant disgracing the title that I’ve needed for so long. You said that I disparaged the title and you’re absolutely correct. No one give a singular fuck about it anymore. Ever since Robert Main last held it it’s been a fucking joke. Treated as a prop. I was only doing what was necessary to build it back up. Even if it means destroying every person that stands in my way.

The camera spins around and faces me from the front. I pick up my glass of bourbon and take a sip.

That’s just it. You can’t destroy a Legend. You can’t kill a myth. They are forever cemented in the history books. No matter how hard I try, you will always be there. I can try and try, but nothing I say or do will change that. Nor would I want to. You’re going to need something to cling onto. That’s why you hold onto your old theme, strapped up with the WGWF. Is it because you can’t change or adapt? Or is it so you have a constant reminder of your failures? Tell me Centurion, if for no other reason than holding the flag for the past… Why are you here?

I hold the flag for the entirety of Gen One. I’ve done it better than you. For decades you’ve been so concerned with toiling away in the shadows of people whom you should’ve been ahead. All for the greater good. That’s why you’ve never held a candle to me. I’ve always done what I had to do to win. To survive. To climb the ladder to the top. You were too busy worrying about helping people to the top that you forgot to help yourself.

I swirl the bourbon around in the glass. The lone ice cube slowly melts as it clicks around inside.

You see I know that this isn’t going to be easy. I’ve accepted that as a fact. You know that it isn’t going to be easy. The only problem with all of this that one of us is going to be wrong. We will both have to live with the outcome of the match. You see I spend a lot of time thinking about the past. Not what it was, but what it was good for. It built everything we see. We both thought that the past was being tarnished. It wasn’t. I see that now. All it did was adapt and change with the times. Something you have yet to do. I have and look where I am. It does remind me of one thing you’ve said fairly recently on Twitter. You said that you would walk Atty like a dog. Well that’s fitting. You’ll always be a dog walker while I run this bitch. Mainly because you’re too fucking stubborn to change. Too hard headed to realize the sun has set on you, while I have an east facing room. I get to watch the sunrise every day, regardless of how I feel about it.

I take the last sip of the bourbon and set the glass down.

These last two decades have been fun…. but playtime is over. If you want something done right. Sometimes you gotta do it yourself.

I am taken out of my trance by the flight attendant shaking my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry Mr. Warstein, but due to the weather we are going to be grounded for a little bit.”

“That’s okay.”

“I also noticed that the manifest said there would be three of you?”

“Yeah. Wishful thinking. We are all here. Just please give me the heads up when we are ready to take off.”
Yeah it was wishful thinking. It’s readily apparent that I need her more than she needs me now. It’s probably always been that way.

I reach over and wake Noah up.

“Hey we aren’t taking off anytime soon.”
I’m actually thankful for the delay. It gives her more time to get here. Either that or it’s more time to torture myself.

“Cool story. Don’t wake me up for trivial shit cunt.”
Noah rolls over grumbling to himself. I shake him again and pull out the camera from my bag.

“Wake up! I need you behind the camera again…”
What else am I going to do? Might as well cut a promo.

“Ughhhhhh…. Fine.”
Noah sits up and begrudgingly grabs the camera. “Okay. Action.”

I smile at the camera as I rub my chin. Then I stop and smile even wider.

“Yeaaaaaaaaaah Buddy.”

“I did exactly what I said I was going to do. I walked into Warfare and walked out with the title still in hand. As if there were any doubts. Even you said as much Cent. You knew I Was going to smash the cunt, your entire family knew I was going to smash the cunt. Yet deep down….”

“You wanted me to lose.”

“You wanted the easy way out.”

“Sorry to disappoint.”

“Yet that’s just the story of my career isn’t it? So much potential, always wasted down the chamber of a needle. That’s what you want isn’t it? You want Fuzz to come back don’t you? You know that you can’t beat Shawn, no you want the strung out heroin addict. That’s the only way in your pathetic mind you can beat me. Well that’s just not going to happen. I stand here sober, mostly I do like the marijuana and bourbon, but even with HD Vision you couldn’t touch me. For those not in the know, HD stands for High and Drunk.”

“Sorry where was I? Oh yeah. You wanting me to be Fuzz because that’s the only way I could win. That’s not it at all is it? No. You want to finally vanquish the name of Fuzz, you want to finally be over that name and put it in your rear view mirror. You want the questions to finally end. Centurion I’ll do you one better. If you beat me I’ll roll out of the ring and let you have your moment. I won’t throw a hissy fit, I won’t bitch, moan, complain, or attack you. I’ll let you have your moment…. you deserve it. Also….”

“You want me to go on Twitter and tell everyone that for one night you were better than me, that’s of course you win. Instead I won’t do that. I can’t. You know that. If you someone come to Tokyo and beat me for my title I’ll go on twitter and say one thing only…”

“After 20 years, @centurionreal is not only your NEW Universal Champion, but forever my equal.”

“Cent it was never you I had an issue with. It was the idea that you were ahead of me. All I ever wanted was to be recognized as your equal. That’s why I shout from the top of my lungs that I’m better than you, that I’ve done more than you, that you AREN’T better than me in the ring. Every time I step into the ring all I’ve ever heard is that YOU are better. I’ll never ever say that you’re better. The best I can do is finally consider you an equal.”

“Sorry to disappoint…”

“Yet you also said that you would say that I’m better than you. I don’t need your fucking validation for something I’ve known for a long time. Keep your saving face for when someone thinks they need it.”

“I don’t need it.”

“I don’t need you playing the martyr.”

“I need you to do what you do best.”

“Walk away and retire. That’s what you do right? When you finally hit the peak of whatever run you’re on, and when it doesn’t go the way you planned. You leave under the guise of I’m too old for this shit anymore. This time….”

“Maybe stay retired.”

“You and I both know that the end is way closer than you’re going to admit. That’s why you lost to Hired Gun. You said he gave everything to make sure you didn’t have a title, that’s not true is it?”

“A while ago you said my tank was running low?”

“Maybe you need to check your tank.”

“You haven’t been the same since then have you? Saying you’re going to step away only to jump into UGWC’s WrestleStock. Only for you to do what you always do when the lights are the brightest. You wilt like a flower. You had a great showing there, only to come up short. Meanwhile I’m in a tournament for GCWA and I’m steamrolling the competition. You know the same thing I do every time I walk into a ring. While your star continues to be tarnished by your failures…”

“Mine only glows brighter.”

“Sorry to disappoint.”

“In a short time, not only will I be the XWF Universal Champion. I will also be the Top Champion in a third rate company. I’ll have yet another accolade to add to the growing collection. More importantly I’ll finally have something to prop the Universal Title upright. Just another accolade that Shawn will be able to claim while poor Centurion can’t.”

“Being the TOP Champion in two companies at the same time.”

“I hear you now… that’s clearly lesser competition. Maybe, but if it’s so much lower why is your bestie James Raven signed there? Why are there current XWF stars constantly asking me about that company? It’s because I broke the seal. I opened the floodgates. So Centurion I wish you well in Trinity, but just think about the people you’re attaching your legacy to. You have to ask yourself is it YOU they want, or is it your NAME they want?”

“It’s going to be a fitting end for you in Tokyo.”

“Saying you’ll never compete for the Universal Title if you don’t win. Bold strategy. Trying to garner some feeling from the crowd. Make them turn against me when the inevitable happens. You said you put this pressure on yourself? I don’t see it that way.”

“What I see is a man sick and tired of all the questions. A man that knows when his time is at an end. I see a man that is just looking for that one excuse to help him sleep at night. If you can’t go for it anymore, the questions go away. The cold sweats in the middle of the night stop. The hoping and longing go away.”

“Centurion.”

“I’m sorry.”

“But I have to do what I have to do.”

Noah turns off the camera and tosses it back to me.

“Can I go back to sleep now?”

“Yeah.”
Noah quickly places an eye mask on, and throws headphones on as the flight attendant comes walking up.

“We are ready to take off.”
I smile and give her a corny thumbs up. As she walks off I stare out of the window.

Stupid wishful thinking. Well I’ve got to focus……”

Suddenly a pair of headlights appear on the far side of the airport. Approaching fast.

“Open the door!”
As I leap out of the chair and head towards the front of the jet.

“Sir you have to sit down…”
I get her a slight shove and move right past her.

“Open the fucking door!”
I begin to attempt to open the door. I hear the car come to a stop and barely after a car door slam shut.
“Open this fucking door right now!!!”

The attendant opens the door and I wait for the stairs to come completely to the ground. I run down the steps and as soon as my feet hit the ground I make a mad dash for her.

As I get close to her she leaps into my arms and buries her head into my shoulder squeezing the air out of me.

“I’m sorry I’m late….”

“Shut up.”
I lean back to look her in the face. Tears welling up in my eyes. “I don’t care. You’re here! That’s all that matters.” The rain pouring over the both of us. A deep passionate kiss is quickly interrupted by Noah.

“Oi cunts….we gotta get to Dallas…. oh yeah, Hi Atty… Let’s go.”

I grab Atara’s hand and lead her to the plane where Noah is patiently waiting. Noah lets Atara pass, as she takes a seat and begins to tie her soaking wet hair up.

“Told you she’s been here.”

“You did no such thing.”

The door on the jet begins to close as the camera zooms in on Noah’s phone in his hand. It’s opened to a text message.

Atty: Noah you need to keep that plane on the ground!!!! I’m coming!!

Noah: Gotcha. I’ll slip the pilot some cash to keep us wheels down for a while.

Atty: Thx...

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Shawn Warstein's post:
Atara Raven (07-16-2020), Atticus Gold (07-16-2020), Theo Pryce (07-18-2020)