Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 05-19-2024, 08:34 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Hero We Deserve
Hanari Carnes Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

06-03-2020, 09:39 PM

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

Hanari walked down the steps of his villa, dressed to the nine's, as usual. He spoke casually into the camera, as if he was narrating a documentary.

[Image: sPhRM06.jpg]

"Movies have always been a big part of my life. Growing up in the Dominican, we had to watch them far later than you all got to in the US, and often times they weren't the best quality, but we watched them. All of us would get together after a long day in the heat, a long day of playing fútbol and riding our bikes down to the water. We would all pile into the community theater, those old rickety and rusty chairs, most of us still sweaty from the activities from the day. The projector would click on, and the room would light up. Many of the movies we watched had a hero and a villain, were a story between bad and evil and the struggle for power between the two entities. Some of us rooted for the good guys, some of us rooted for the bad guys. I didn't root for either. Having one lane, that was boring to me. I always rooted for the heroes who many people looked at as villains. My favorite was Batman. The man who kept the city safe, but the man who fought for the city and do what is right no matter what the personal cost. Someone that stood up to the city's criminal element without corruption. Batman epitomized those ideals. He was willing to crawl around rooftops at night fighting crime at the cost of his own health and relationships. However in order to stop crime he breaks a lot of laws.

By breaking a lot of laws, does that really make him "good"?

The fact that the city didn't appreciate his methods, but begged for his results. That is what I liked. The fact that Harvey Dent was supposed to be the guy who could do it all, the one that could stop crime legally without resorting to anything questionable or seedy. The one they "wanted" on the outside but didn't fully trust on the inside.

Harvey wasn't able to live up to that standard. It seems that Batman is as close as anyone will come, but Harvey had already proven himself to the public, so the image of what everyone thought Harvey was is what Gotham "needs right now".

Hanari walks through the house, and out onto the porch. Sitting down on a comfortable chair on the porch, pulling out a cigar and a torch lighter. He lights the end until it is crispy, and then brings the butt to his mouth. He takes a few puffs, the continues.

"We read a lot of comic books, too. They were easy to get our hands on and usually were pretty cheap. Imagine our joy when those comics also became movies. Man if I only would have known then what I know now."

*puffs*

"You see, Batman, in my mind, was really a villain. Crazy, right? Well, maybe not. You see, Batman was by no means a super villan, but he was villainous in his own right.

Super villains killed people. It was their M.O, it is what drove them. Batman never killed anyone. Every time he took someone down, he sent them the prison. They ALWAYS escaped. He knew they would escape, as did all of us. It kept the hamster ball rolling. Knock em down, send em to Arkham, watch them escape, knock em down again. It was rinse and repeat, really. He sees these mass murders and he keeps them safe from the police and from other criminals until they're ready to kill again. Batman is responsible for all of these deaths because he makes sure that the other super villains can strike again."

*puffs*

"Why does Batman do it, because he wants to? No. It's because he needs to."

"Batman needs to have challenging opponents to take down. Batman needs there to be a constant threat by major villains on Gotham, and so he ensures that there will always be someone plotting destruction by never actually eliminating them."

*puffs, but this time blows smoke rings out, watching them fade into the night sky.*

"Throughout my time watching these movies on that little theater in Santa Domingo, I became aware of something pretty obvious. Batman's main foe and most murderous tool is The Joker. But if Joker is the foe of a villain, what does that make him?

Well, isn't that the 64 thousand dollar question?

Joker has said more times than Gilly has bragged about his dick length that all he wants Batman to do is kill him. That's all, its a simple request, no? Batman's means of villainy is a refusal to kill, what the Joker is trying to do is convert Batman into a hero. If Batman crosses the line and chooses to start killing bad guys, he would be the hero that he thinks he is.

The Joker is a man who commits unspeakable evil in order to do ultimate good - he wants Gotham to have a hero. And Batman is a man who commits heroic deeds to cause unspeakable evil.

*Another puff, more rings. Hanari stares into the camera, his casual demeanor hasn't changed*

"You probably wonder where I fit into all of this. That is a simple answer as well. I keep kicking ass, but I haven't yet went in for the kill. Is it because I can't? No, believe me, I could. I haven't slain the dragons here because I need dragons to keep me on my toes. But I want to change the landscape, I want to break the barriers.......

I am a little of Joker and a little of Batman. I want XWF to have their true hero, but I know what that takes. I know the unspeakable atrocities needed to accomplish such a feat. I also want XWF to stay competitive, I always want that goal, that target, that foe at the top. I want a reason to come to work everyday, while wanting to cleanse the XWF of the bad guys.

Batman is seen through the eyes of many as a hero, but take away the cape and noble purpose and he's actually a terror—someone capable of causing as much damage as he prevents. And seen through the lens of the 21st century, a time when it's understood that vigilante justice is dangerous, Bruce Wayne's actions don't look much more safe or sane than the Joker's.

My actions in that ring, they are much the same. I am doing this for all of you because I am the hero that you all deserve, but I haven't yet been the hero that you need.

Starting with Doug Whitford and climbing to the top, I will purge the XWF of the poison coursing through its veins. I will hogtie the bad guys, and banish them to a land far away. I may not be the good guy, but I am sure as hell not the bad guy. When I step into that ring Saturday Night, what I am....heh, well, I'll let you decide."

*Hanari ashes his cigar and gets up from the porch chair, entering the villa from the sliding glass door and shutting it behind him.*

...you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

"Sometimes, you have to be your own hero. We are the hero of our own story. What is your story, Doug?

Honestly, I am asking because I don't know who the hell you are.

But, what is your story? Where do you fit in the XWF story? I'm assuming somewhere in the first few chapters. Somewhere that when your character dies, the reader has forgotten about you before they even reach the middle. Perhaps the first page, even. Maybe you're the intro kill. Doug Whitford is a name that when the card is released, everyone in the collective XWF community goes, "Who?" You had your shot to make a name for yourself at War Games and you failed. Did I win? No, but I got to the final. What did you do except for be the first one on your team to be eliminated? Guys like you are the reason the XWF can't move forward, it's bogged down by so much trash. I know, Douggie, you're gonna come out and say that Hanari Carnes is trash and Hanari Carnes sucks and blend it in with some non creative and overused taco jokes.... yadda yadda. Fact is, that there isn't a wrestler on this roster that wants to step into the ring with me. I can snap an arm in the blink of an eye, and I am the tidal wave quickly racing up the ranks here. You can say what you want about me, Doug, but you have nothing on me. There is nothing that you can say that anyone will take serious. Personally, I kinda see what Chris Chaos, that lunatic, is talking about. I have beaten the Television Champion TWICE now. I have made him tap out with tears in his eyes TWICE. Do I get a Television Title shot? No, chico, no. I make it to the finals of both March Madness AND War Games, I make the TV Champ tap out, and what's my prize? I get to face Doug fucking Whitford. Whoopie.

At this point, what more do I have to prove? The only thing left that anyone, anywhere, ever, can say is that Hanari can't win the big one. Is this what my career is being reduced to? Kicking the shit out of the Doug Whitford's of the world and left hanging in the ever glowing cloud of what if?

Thunder Knuckles, you know I can beat you. How about if you survive Graves you give me the shot at that belt on the next Savage? And if Graves wins.....hermano I carried your ass to the finals, you'd at least owe me a shot.

Speaking of that, what happens to the loser of your match? A once proud champion and a competent, proven competitor....are you gonna be relegated to fighting bottom feeding sludge like Doug Whitford? I mean is Doug Whitford the consolation prize or the fuck you present? Is he the one that they stick you against when they don't wanna deal with you but still have to pay you? I think I deserve better than Doug Whitford, and I am going to make short work of him Saturday Night. Douggie Fresh.....my man, it's over for you. Your little 3 minutes of fame came and went, and now you get to see when, where and how the big boys play. Remember in "Saving Private Ryan" where they say that if saving some dead brothered douche who doesn't wanna follow orders gets them their ticket to go home, then maybe its worth it? Well....if kicking the shit out of some dead minded douche earns me the ticket to get to the ultimate prize here, maybe it is worth it. Put that work in, right?

If you can call beating Doug Whitford 'work.' That's the problem with this place, the undeserved egos. Sure, I have one, but am I out here asking for a Universal Shot? No, I'll leave that up to Chaos. I have proven I can beat the current TV champion, and the last one I beat held the title for 129 days.

Just ask him, he'll tell you.

I should be happy, I know. I shouldn't sound like I am whining about basically getting a night off. I have made Savage a good program again, and I have a lot of pride in what I do. I want good competition, and I always want to get better. If I wanted to scratch a mosquito bite I'd sit outside with no big spray. That's all you are, Whitford, a mosquito. Buzzing around, annoying everyone with your corny jokes and misplaced sense of entitlement. You're a fucking mosquito. I have more respect for Dilbo than I do for you. At least he's consistently a turd.....you're a turd whose trying to convince everyone to take you seriously. We don't.

I am the hero that Savage needs. I am the hero that is going to turn this place around. I am the hero that is going to Make XWF Great Again.

Ooooooh, sore spot?

Sometimes our favorite hero's are the one's who could just as easily be villains.

Doug I don't expect you to understand what it is like to put on these shoes. To be a leader, to be someone that the entire locker room can look up to. I don't expect you to be anything more than you are. Because you don't know how. We aren't cut from the same cloth, we don't travel the same roads or read the same books. We are in two different weight classes. I am the best technical wrestler in the world. You're lucky to even be considered a 'wrestler.' You look like a default SIMS character if you selected the grandfather option. You can't hack it in the big leagues. That isn't a knock....consider it.....'constructive criticism'.

Repeat after me, Doug: Semen is not hair gel.

Get a better look, better moves, and a better outlook on life. I'll ask, because i have to know, which gave up on life first, your body or your mind? I am gunning for my Joker, my Riddler, hell even my Penguin. I'm over here kicking the shit out of Kite-Man. You're in over your head, and Saturday Night is going to be a painful lesson in why Hanari Carnes shouldn't be fucked with.

Guys like me, you love to hate. I throw your bullshit back in your face and when I don't back down you can't stand it. One thing you gotta know about me, Doug, is that Hanari will never quit. You'll have to kill me to get me out of here. Nobody has killed me yet. My resilience is my best quality, and Saturday night I am going to show you what that means. No matter what you do to me, no matter how much punishment I take throughout the course of the match, I'll keep getting up and keep coming back for more. You see, guys like you Doug, are a cancer on this business. You don't take this seriously, you just float from card to card, taking up space and talking shit with no foundation behind it. You don't want to be successful here, you just don't want anyone else to be. You love to see hardworking people fail for your own enjoyment. That was evident with your promo for War Games. You just talk shit for the sake of talking shit, but when someone answers your desperate becking call.....believe me, they'll beat the breaks off you. Guys like you don't scare me, don't intimidate me, don't even amuse me. Most of the trolls on this roster give me a chuckle, but not you. You are just annoying. Annoying and talent-less. I am going to snap your arm when I lock in Viva La Republic, and I won't even think twice about it. I think if I asked anyone in the back, anyone who knows you and anyone who doesn't but has had the misfortune of having met you will agree......you've got it coming.

[Image: Zl6h7uC.png]

[Image: Gwv4WDK.jpg]

XWF Tag Team Champion, 1 x
XWF Television Champion, 1 x
XWF Record: 12-12
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Hanari Carnes's post:
Barney Green (06-04-2020), Doug Whitford (06-04-2020)