Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:41 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » March Madness 2020 RP Board
Smashing Cinderella's Slipper
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-21-2020, 07:38 PM

The Final Four.

The NCAA may have cancelled it's traditional tournament, but March Madness would live on through XWF's own annual event to crown the King of their sport. Despite a commendable performance by Atara Themis(one that showed she DOES have what it takes to be the future face of the company), I managed to punch my ticket to the semi-Finals. This was it. If I was gonna turn some heads, get people to view me on the same level as those I associated with, I was gonna have to leave March Madness with a crown perched atop my head. There was no other option, it was now or never. With Fuzz leaving, Tony Santos MIA, and Lacklan focusing more on her other Fed, this was the time to step up and fill the void. All I've gotta do is win two more matches.......

I didn't go home right away Saturday night. First, I had the trainer check me out to make sure Fuzz's cheap shot didn't cause any serious damage. Thankfully(but not surprising), there wasn't anything major that might keep me out of March Madness............... as if that was an option!

After my checkup, I headed for the lockeroom but was stopped by a Houdini-like Steve Sayors right before the door. As much as I appreciated his new-found dedication to interviewing me after I actually WIN, I had to respectfully decline. There was too much on my mind to go on about Fuzz being a bigger bitch than his girlfriend, or how I was gonna tear through my next two opponents like pieces of string cheese. Steve understood, offering to interview me once I've become King, to which I smiled and agreed before entering the lockeroom.

After changing into some street clothes, I checked my phone and saw two messages from my wife. The first one was sent about fifteen minutes before, right around the time I'd beaten Atara.

Congratulations, honey! You're almost there, I know you can do it!

I smiled, knowing there was more to her encouragement than what was typed. Krystal so desperately wanted me to accomplish my goals so I could come home for good, hopefully still intact. She knew, as much as I did, that this was my best chance of making that dream a reality. If I fail, my stock will drop worse than the US Economy and I'll be forced to claw my way back up to the top................... AGAIN. The more that story repeats, the greater the chance of me NEVER making it home, and that's not an ending I'm willing to write. Not for me, and certainly not for her!

My wife's second text was sent about a minute after the first, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw it.

What the hell??? Fuck that guy!!!

She wasn't too pleased with Fuzz's attack, but I knew it came with the territory. If people aren't targeting you, it means you're not worth their time. To them you're just a ghost, some nobody they don't even see, let alone respect. I'm in the company of Ned Kaye, Chris Page, Robert Main; have other top guys like The Engineer and Fuzz SOOOOOOOOOO riled up, they feel the need to try and take me out. I wasn't intimidated by their pathetic attempts, if anything, I feed off them. The more people try to drag me down, the harder I pull to make up for their dead weight. In the end, I'm still gonna reach my destination in spite of them, I'll just have to drive a little bit faster.

As I left the lockeroom for the parking lot, a few people congratulated me on my win. They were all fans, and a few of them sounded a bit condescending in their tones. It was almost as if they were trying to say 'enjoy it while you can, because it all ends at March Madness.' I would say fuck them, but at least they acknowledged me........... which is more than I can say about my peers. I knew Ned would congratulate me the next time I see him, but the rest of the lockeroom was bound to be as silent as they were when I decimated Finn Kuhn.

The XWF's view of me never changed no matter what I did. Captain a winning War Games Team? Lacklan did all the work. Hold the second highest Championship in the company? You couldn't keep it longer than a month. Regardless of when I lost the Xtreme Title, the amount of respect I had NEVER changed from the moment I won it. Nobody treated me like a REAL Champion, whether it be during THAT reign or either of my TV Title runs; and part of me feared that sentiment would remain the same once I become King. Sometimes it feels like I could be the Universal fuckin' Champion and people would STILL find excuses for why 'I suck.'

I thought about all this on my drive back to the hotel as I puffed on a fat doobie. Even though it hurt to know so few people had faith in me, I wasn't gonna lose sleep over it. The whole reason I joined XWF was to prove to MYSELF that it wasn't a fluke I was World Champion in another company, nobody else. At the end of the day, as long as I'M satisfied with what I've accomplished, THAT'S all that matters.

If you thoroughly examine my career BEFORE XWF(which nobody likes to talk about, but I REFUSE to pretend like it didn't happen!), you'll see that the stage was set up perfectly for me to write the final Chapter of my journey. Almost FIFTEEN YEAR AGO, I won a Tournament at NWF Spring Fever to become World Heavyweight Champion. I beat two people in one night(it would've been THREE, but the former Champion decided not to show up for his match with me), just like I'm gonna do at March Madness! And after I change my name to KING D(maybe even legally!), I'm gonna sit on my throne as the Number 1 Contender and win the Universal Championship fifteen years after my first World Title!

Some people view wrestling purely as a sport, a competition between two gladiators trying to show one another who the better man is; but there's so much more to it than just me vs you. When you examine the individuals, their history, what drives them, and so forth, you get a form of storytelling unlike anything in existence. However, while your J.K. Rowlings and George RR Martins plan out their characters' every move, their characters' EVERY move from their successes and failures, to their friends and enemies. That doesn't happen here. A New York best-selling author couldn't come up with a greater story than the one that's being told right now. Last year, Ned and I Captained opposing War Games teams as XWF rookies; and now, almost exactly a year later, have the opportunity to headline the same pay-per-view for a much bigger prize. All we have to do is execute at March Madness. The paper's in front of us, pen in hand, we just need to write it.

I pulled into a spot at the local Holiday Inn and parked, waiting to finish my joint before heading in. As I sat there, amazed at how far I'd come since joining the roster, my phone began to ring. I looked down and saw the name 'Steve Sayors,' causing me to roll my eyes as I answered.

"I'm not interested in a phone interview, Steve," I said in a half-joking manner.

"I know, Big D, not trying to bother you," he apologized, his voice a tad shaky. "I just figured you'd want to know who your next opponent was."

This WAS a rather nice surprise, as I was once again in a position to force feed Madison Dyson a knuckle sandwich. It was more to my point of the stories writing themselves, I had a score to settle with Dyson and this tournament was the perfect place to do so. I just had to hope a random drawing would ACTUALLY go my way for once.

"Who is it?" I asked, hoping with every fiber of my being it was her. As terrible as it sounded, I never wanted to hit a woman so bad in my life.

"Hanari Carnes."

As expected, my inevitable showdown with Dyson would have to wait just a LITTLE bit longer. Then again, a battle of that magnitude may very well be best saved for the Finals, anyway. For now I would have to put vengeance on hold and focus on the task at hand.

"Thanks for letting me know, Steve," I coughed out, almost choking on my last hit.

"You're welcome, talk to you later," Steve said before hanging up.

I set my phone down and thought about my upcoming opponent. He was essentially the XWF's equivalent of a Cinderella story, an outlier to the remaining competitors. Nobody ever expected him to be two wins away from winning it all, and yet here he is. Unfortunately for him, most of the small schools in the NCAA Tournament eventually meet their maker at the hands of a superior opponent and that's exactly what's gonna happen when Hanari steps into the ring with me.

"Hanari Carnes is a rather curious individual," I began, taking a long drag on the rest of joint. "At first glance, you'd be amazed to discover he's a former TV and Tag Team Champion but, upon further examination, those reigns look alot less impressive. He defeated Mastermind for the TV Title, but honestly, who HASN'T beaten Mastermind at some point? I have a win over him AND Gilly in the same match! The fact that Hanari beat Mastermind impresses me about as much as his pathetic 3-week reign. When I was TV Champion, I was competing in high profile matches with the likes of Fuzz and Noah Jackson; risking my Championship as I progressed through Lethal Lottery. I was so good at defending my belt, I even managed to keep it despite a non-DQ LOSS! That's Barney Green winning a World Title despite losing level right there!"

"Hanari, I COULD respect your short run if it ended at the hands of Tony Santos or Robert Main, but that's not what happened, is it? No, rather than lose your belt to a halfway decent competitor, you lost it to Donovan fuckin' Blackwater!!!! It's no wonder nobody even remembers that you were Champion; I didn't even know until I looked up the TV Title history last month, and do you wanna know what my reaction was?"

I held my hand above my head, palm down, as if to signify an imaginary 'bar.'

"'Oh wow, Hanari was a Singles Champion!'"

I lowered my hand to the top of my eyes, before continuing.

"Then I saw the length of it and was like 'Oh shit, that's a short reign.'"

Finally, I lowered my hand down below my chest, shaking my head.

"And then I saw WHO you lost it to and I realized it's probably a good thing no-one remembers your reign," I said through gritted teeth, putting my joint out in the ashtray.

"It's safe to say holding the TV Title WASN'T the highlight of your career," I continued with a frown. "But what IS?!"

I paused for a moment, resting my chin in my hand. After pretending to think in a condescending manner, I snapped my fingers.

"Right! When you and Steve Justice upset Apex to become Tag Team Champions!" I mockingly slapped my forehead. "How could I forget?......... oh, right, because THAT reign was shorter than your TV Title one!"

"And let's not get big headed because you beat Apex's weakest members. You pinned a past his prime James Raven, a man who should worry more about being a road agent than an active competitor; and Drew Archyle's been nowhere to be seen for months now. It's not like you beat Robert Main for his belt, he lost it without ever stepping foot in the ring. The only reason you guys won those belts in the first place is because Main was preoccupied in a DIFFERENT match. I know it, the fans know it, the boys in the back know it, hell, I'm sure deep down even YOU know it!"

"You've made it this far in March Madness for the same reason you won the Tag Team Titles: luck. You were lucky Robert Main didn't ask Ned or Centurion to defend the belt for him, if he had, the Arm Collectors would NEVER have gone down in the history books as Champions......... and XWF would be better off! It's no different than your journey to the semi-Finals, the only reason you're here is because you faced bottom of the barrel opponents like Jim Jimson and Thunder Knuckles. Jimson's claim to fame is being a dolphin assassin and is essentially the lifetime Heavymetalweight Champion, an achievement NO MAN should be proud of; and TK takes dives for Monopoly money! Hell, for all we know, you paid off ole Knucks to take a dive in a convincing fashion!"

"Unfortunately for you, Hanari, the difficulty level is about to go from Beginner to Expert realllllllll quacklike! I'm not some young buck who can afford to fall short and make up for it in a year or two, this is all or nothing for me. By the end of 2020, I fully intend to be in the exact same position as Fuzz: at the top, preparing my final swan song. Hanari, nobody remembers who made it to the Final Four, hell, they don't even give a shit about the runner-up! If you're not first, you're LAST and I'll be damned if I end up a loser, again! You're gonna find out that every Cinderella Story comes to an end, and yours is gonna be no different. The glass slipper isn't gonna fit because, come March Madness, I'm gonna smash it to a million pieces! The only reason people are gonna remember Hanari Carnes' journey through this tournament is because he ended up failing victim to the eventual winner, King D. And that ain't no story, it's a royal decree!"

I got out of my car and took a breath of fresh air. It was odd, talking shit about Hanari's match-ups as they weren't his decision. He probably wanted to face Jim Jimson about as much as I wanted to be Donovan Blackwater's partner! Can't fault him for the luck of the draw, especially now that I'm in his position. I'm the #1 Seed about to go head to head with a #7 one and. this late in, the top dawgs don't lose. Not when they have so much riding on their season.

I originally planned to spend the evening with my wife, celebrating my victory in style, before deciding against it. As much as I wanted to spend time with the love of my life, I knew it would have to wait just a LITTLE bit longer. If we were to ever get the lifetime together away from the ring we both deserved, I was gonna have to make sure I was 100% prepared for the challenge ahead. Watching tape, improving my cardio; whatever it takes to ensure that March Madness goes down in histor-D as the night Big D went from being a mere peasant to a KING...............

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Atara Raven (03-21-2020), Barney Green (03-22-2020), The Brothers Blackwater (03-22-2020), Theo Pryce (03-29-2020)