Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 04:37 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Lecciones de vida (Life Lessons)
Hanari Carnes Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

03-06-2020, 07:19 PM

The white 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class pulled into the driveway. The crunch under the tires on the gravel path beneath the tires was loud on this quiet, breezy day in the island's interior. The rims glistened in the tropical sunlight, and the fully tinted windows gleamed with the rays that failed to penetrate to the inside. The SUV rolled up the driveway and parked behind a burnt out truck, coming to rest with a hum.

The door opened and Hanari Carnes stepped out, in his typical Versace dress pants and patent lether dress shoes. His Gucci dress shirt was open at the top, exposing his chest and the gold-cross pendant at the bottom of his chain. His cell phone chirped, and he checked it quickly before returning it to his pocket.

Family will always be there for you. They should always be first and spending time with them should take priority over just about everything. Family will forgive you and love you no matter what.

He walked up towards the front door. It had been so long since he had been here. There were laundry hangers in the front lawn, and empty wrappers and plastic bottles strewn aimlessly around the property. This was the life he grew up in, but this wasn't his life anymore. He wasn't even sure how they would recieve him now.

..........The wad of American currency in his pocket reassured him that they would...........

But that didn't mask the fact that the butterflies in his stomach were surging like a pack of angry hornets. He finally made it to the door, trying hard to step in double-steps as to avoid soiling his shoes in the sorid wasteland that was the front lawn.......the very same one he used to play on.

His fingers closed into fists as he knocked on the door. The old wooden door felt like it might buckle under the slightest pressure. After about 10 knocks, there was some ruffling inside. The door finally opened and a woman answered. She was about 5'6, curly black hair which looked like it hadn't been washed in some time, with a stained apron on and flat, worn out shoes.

Aunt Lucia.

Hanari smiled at her, but her eyes were empty and sad. It took her a moment to register the damn near GQ model that stood in front of her, on her doorstep. The welcome mat, in faded letters, washed out from the Caribean sun, read Bienvenido a casa. Or, Welcome Home.

"Auntie Lucia, tis me, Hanari...." his voice shook ever so slightly. This woman basically raised him. Did she not even recognize him now?

After a few agonizing seconds that felt like a full calendar year, she smiled. "HANARI!" she said, embracing him.

"CARLOS!" she yelled back into the house, stepping back so he could enter, "CARLOS....WE HAVE A VISITOR"

Hanari stepped inside, the wooden floorboards cracking under his weight. His shoes clicked on the floor as he looked at the dusty photographs on the wall. The wallpaper hadn't changed. It was the same wallpaper the house came with in the 1970's, and it was ripped and curling on several edges.

"CARLOS"she shouted again. Hanari stood in silence, smiling sheepishly, awaiting his uncle to make his appearance. His uncle wasn't as forgiving as his aunt was.

Who did come, however, was Alejandro. His little nephew. Hell, Hanari hadn't seen him since he was in diapers. He had gotten so big! The boy looked like he had been in the same clothes for days, a Superman tee shirt and tattered gym shorts. His bare feet were dirty, and his hair looked like gravel....it was supposed to be black.

Hanari nodded at the boy. He nodded back, but didn't leave--rather, he stood there, staring a hole through his "hero", the man who left them for a better opportunity without so much as a phone call.

Shuffling into the room came his uncle Carlos. Cigar in mouth, his wife beater tank top had sauce stains and his pants were worn in. He was a hard working man, and you could see in his face that life had gotten the better of him. He scoffed with a nasal huff towards the fancy dressed man standing in his living room.

"Well, look who took some time out of his fancy American life to come back home". His tone was flat. Spiteful. Hanari stood firm.

"I did what I had to do, uncle. I wanted a better life, I wanted to make something of myself."

The man shuffled into the other room, his face red. He wanted to say something, but he held it in.

"Hanari, come in, sit down, I made paella. There is enough. for us all. I assume you still like paella?"

[b]Several hours later:[/b]

The music played in the backgroud, the old record player cracking as Cafe Tacvba blared out their all-too-familiar notes. On the old wooden dining table sat a bottle of tequila. The paella, now more than three quarters gone, was split amongst 3 plates.

Hanari poured another shot, smoking a cigar. Alejandro was finishing his food while Aunt Lucia was cleaning. Hanari and Uncle Carlos were the main drinkers.

"So why did you come back, after all this time?"

Hanari took his tequila shot, slamming the glass down on the table.

"I have learned a lot of life lessons, Uncle. I have learned respect and to cherish those who respected you."

He poured another shot.

"You only get one family. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for you."

His uncle took his shot, then refilled it.

"So what, you have like some big match or something this week? Mr. Big shot over here."

"Well I am in the March Madness tournament, yes. I am going to be the king of XWF."

"King?"

"Yes."

His uncle took another quick shot before lighting a match, bringing up to his already lit cigar. The orange inferno blazed, and a puff of smoke roared out of the edges.

"Then I suppose we won't see you again for another 5 years."

Hanari took a wad of money out of his pocket, and set it on the table.

"Perhaps. But I have to do what I have to do. You guys gave me all the life lessons I need.....it is only right I return the favor."

"We don't want your money."

Uncle Carlos had always been jealous of him. Always been jealous of him. He had always viewed Hanari as a threat. The man who had to work three jobs to support a family and barely did it. Everything always came so easy for Hanari. Opportunity always seemed to find him.

Hanari left the money on the table. American currency. It was more money than they had ever seen in that house at one time. For Hanari, it was half a pay check.

Thanks Vinnie.

He walked over to Alejandro. Sitting down next to him, he smiled. The boy smiled backed. He refused to let Uncle Carlos corrupt him. This kid could be whatever he wanted, all he had to do was WANT it.

"You can be anything you want, you know" Hanari said to the boy, who continued to stare at his plate. "What do you want to be?"

The boy didn't look up.

"What do you want to be?"

The boy moved some rice around with his fork.

In a mumbled tone he said
"a wrestler".

Hanari, pouring himself another shot, slapped the table. The boy jumped.

"Speak up! What do you WANT to be?"

"A WRESTLER!" he shouted. Uncle Carlos stood up.

"Sit down!"

He sat back down, crossing his arms.

"So why haven't you been training? You're old enough now. You should be hitting the gym, taking classes."

The boy was hesitant, but finally said "Father thinks its a stupid goal.....won't go anywhere."

Hanari raised an eyebrow.

Without saying a word he grabbed the money on the table and slid it over to the young boy.

"You take this. You go and enroll in a gym. You begin training. If that is what you want to do, do it. Look at me......he told me the same thing."

The boy's eyes lit up.

Uncle Carlos got up and left the room.

From that moment forward, they clicked. Hanari spent the rest of the night telling the boy wrestling stories from his time on the road in XWF.

Aunt Lucia came back in the room sometime later and gasped. Hanari was talking to the boy, having him repeat after him.

"Coño culo perra"

"Coño culo perra"

"Cabrón"

"Cabrón"

"Dador mamado"

"Dador mamado"

"Hanari! Are you teaching our son curse words!" She dropped the glass she was holding.

"Of course not, Aunt Lucia! I am just showing Alejandro all the different ways to say "Thunder Knuckles"

"Who?"

"Exactly."

[Image: GiNyYPI.gif]

"Chu may be one of de toughest men on dis roster, holmes. When de names were drawn, randomly, I have to admit I had a bit of a knot in my throat. I pictured de pain, thought about de blood loss.....to be honest, it excites me. Since de first day I come here, I have been about challenges. I have been about pushing de limit, and proving myself. What better way to prove myself to de XWF world then to take a baaaaad motherfucka like Thunder Knuckles and beat him to within an inch of his life?

....well, if that were true, it would be one hell of a way.

But that es not it, is it, Knuckles? Chu es not as tough as ya say, are ya? Chu put on dis facade that chu es untouchable. Chu es nothing but a Coño perra. Chu see, I know you can dish out some punishment, I know that dis match falls right into ya wheelhouse.....but as tough as chu claim to be mang, studying you recent history shows me one thing...........Thunder Knuckles has a hard exterior but es a soupy soft mess in de middle.

What do I mean?

Well, chico......et be simple. Chu can't beat anyone of value on dis roster. Big match after big match, opportunity after opportunity, and chu fall harder than a fat chick who sat down too fast. Chu can beat all de Wylie Sinclair's, Brian Storm's and Tyler Crosses that chu want mang...but when a name that anyone has actually heard of on dis roster is across de ring from chu......

Lets face facts, chu just can't get de job done. Chu couldn't even beat Calvary without a Shane interference.....and newsflash....EVERYBODY beats Calvary. Is dis an accomplishment?

Tony Santos, Centurion, Madison Dyson, Scully. Legends in dis business...all of which chu had a shot for your "signature win". But what is Thunder Knuckles biggest storyline?

"Waaaaa, Vinnie stole my X-Bux....Whaaaaa I want my X-bux!"

Chu es a punk bitch, Knuckles, and I am going to expose that. Chu can be as tough as chu want in terms of packing a punch, but what makes a person really tough is overcoming adversity, getting that win that nobody expects, and building a name for yaself. I beat Mastermind for de Título de televisión in my second ever match, ese, and ended his 129 day streak. I took down Apex along side Steve Justice. Sure, both of my title reigns are short.......that happens. Facts es, I have been more successful after only 18 matches than chu have been in ya entire career.

I am going to be top tier, but I am new at this. Chu have had experience, have been in de ring with some of de best to eva do this, and haven't amounted to anything other than a humerous gimmick and a shitty haircut. The one thing I have noticed in my short time here is that the people with the least amount of accomplishments enjoy talking the most. There a a lot of loud, boisterous personalities on dis roster, and only a small handful have done anything worthwhile. De rest, are just noise.

Chu fall in that category.

I talk because I can back it up, mang. "March Madness" college basketball, where Hanari has made a lot of money in betting might I add, is all about quality wins when selecting touranment teams.......well, where are yours? Where are your quality wins? Yet chu come out and beat chor chest like you are de best in the world.

......chu ain't even de best from your city.

I am not chu know exactly who you are stepping into de ring with on March 14th. Let me clue ya in, holmes. I am Hanari Carnes, and I am the most ruthless, non-caring, savage individual to ever come to XWF. I ENJOY breaking people's arms, and I enjoy putting them on de shelf. Am I a bad guy? No. I am a winner. The way I know how to win is to incapacitate an opponent and in dis sport there isn't much chu can do with ya arm hanging, chico.

Perro

Cerdo

Pollo.

I am going to teach Thunder Knuckles some life lessons on Savage, si. I am going to teach him how to fight, how to survive......how to tap out. Because it is the only option he will have. To quit. Chu see, you somehow avoided quitting versus Centurion (it was an "I Quit" Match, but somehow a pinfall was still allowed, I wonder how dat happened?), but chu won't be able to escape this time. I no need weapons, I no need the ability to do whatever I want without consequence. All I need is 10 seconds.........

SNAP!

Thunder Knuckles will never be de same again.

This is my destiny. I am going to be el rey de la XWF, da King, and I will challenge de Engineer for his Universal Title. Chu will fall back in line, swimming in de pool with ya head barely above water......

Paddle, Perro! Paddle!

That es de beauty of being new here. Sure, chu can look up title history, but chu really don't know outside of a handful of matches what Hanari es capable of. Chu never know which Hanari Carnes chu es gonna get. I can beat an opponent in so many ways. Puta Cana kick, Viva La Republic.....I may very well be de best technical wrestler XWF has ever seen. Chu has only seen a small sample size of my potential. Dis tournament is my showcase, my time to show de wrestling world that Hanari Carnes is to be respected!

That is another problem of yours, hermano. Chu no respect anyone. I have de utmost respect for the big names I step into de ring with. The Ned Kaye's, de Tony Santos's, even....as much as I hate to say it......de Masterminds. Chu don't respect nobody so Hanari has been chosen to beat some respect into you.

Chu es just like de bullies on da playground. Always picking on the lessers, but when a bigger, badder, more intense bully comes around chu lose ya spot. That bully es me. The bully of de bullies. Chu can continue to beat up on nobodies and pat yourself on the back....Hanari es going to run over you on March 14th and maybe next time the drawing happens....whoever es chosen to do it.......my name will strike fear into whoever is matched up against me.

Maybe dat will be my new tag line.

Si, holmes.....I got it!

Massamind has "I mastered___insert name here__mind." Well Hanari Carnes has a new tag line.

"Hanari Carnes broke Thunder Knuckles...."

I can see it now.

Make every moment count and enjoy your journey because chu just never know when et es going to end......

In de blink of an eye or de snap of an arm.

Failure is the greatest source of wisdom.

When you fail at something, take a look at what you’ve been doing. Adjust or change your approach until you achieve your objectives.

[Image: jsviGwY.png]
[Image: jyx8yLL.jpg]
Your Next King of XWF
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hanari Carnes's post:
Theo Pryce (03-14-2020)