Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 05:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Star Power
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

02-21-2020, 10:54 PM

I don't think I've ever felt so satisfied with a loss in my entire career. That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed to be on the losing end, it just shows the consolation prize I walked away with was just as important: my friendship with Ned. Leading up to our match, I insisted that I didn't want to be the bad guy, and now everyone could see that I genuinely meant it. I almost took the easy road to victory, the underhanded tactics that people like Shane and Madison Dyson had become known for. It was a path I had taken many times over the course of my career, but couldn't bring myself to do against Ned. It was Leap of Faith all over again and, much like back then, I have no regrets about it.

The Rise of Ned Kaye may have been at hand, but it wasn't the only movement to arrive as The Redemption of Big D was about to bloom. as well. It could be seen in the way the crowd responded to my support of Ned, you could tell by the reaction I received backstage afterwards. My peers and the fans alike applauded my effort, going so far as to pat me on the back and even ask for autographs! It was almost as if losing to Ned Kaye booster[i] my career, as opposed to destroying it. Notorious BIG was on the up and it looked as if fate could set us both up for a showdown much bigger than Warfare. If all went according to plan, March Madness could be to Ned and I what Cuntfest was for Fuzz & Noah. Not only can Ned walk out of March Madness the NEW Universal Champion, but I could leave the Pay-per-view as the successor to Lacklan's thrown. And I don't mean by becoming the King of XWF, either; I'm talking about the type of competitor who dominates an entire year and taking home all the awards at the end of it. Robbie Bourbon and that fake ass Engineer are gonna have to move over, because there's about to be some new Main Eventers in town.

After some hand shakes and signatures, I made my way for the lockeroom. As I walked up I saw Steve Sayors, patiently waiting for what I could only assume was me. It was funny how he tends to only interview me after a LOSS.......... it must make for better content. There were no questions after I beat Gilly, a former Universal Champion, nor when I took the Federweight belt off of Vinnie fucking Lane. Nobody gave a shit when I beat Barney Green or led a band of misfits to victory at War Games, it was just business as usual. But the moment my shoulders are pinned to the mat for three seconds, I get a microphone shoved in my face.

"Big D, do you have time for an interview?" Sayors asked, shoving a microphone into my face.

I hadn't even wiped the dried blood from my face, but here I was expected to answer questions like an XFL player fresh off the field. "Sure," I agreed, reluctantly. I knew if I was ever gonna get where I wanted, I'd be required to do all sorts of media appearances and promotions.

Steve Sayors smiled and nodded to someone behind me. I turned around and almost jumped, seeing a cameraman that was NOT there a second ago, his recording device focused on my crimson mug.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here with Big D after his hard fought loss to Ned Kaye," Sayors began with his typical spheal into the camera before turning to me. "Things didn't quite go the way you expected, huh?"

I let out a little chuckle. "Well, Steve, in a way they didn't, but in a completely different way they did. I may not have left the ring with Ned's briefcase, but I DID leave it with his friendship and that's just as important to me as the win."

Sayors seemed a bit shocked by my response, which I couldn't blame him. "So............. you're not upset that you lost?"

"I mean, no-one WANTS to lose, Steve," I replied with a shrug. "I just feel like this is one of those situations where, even as a loser, I still walk away a winner."

Steve, a perpetual loser in life, seemed very confused. "What do you mean?"

I looked forward and pointed to the area I'd just been signing autographs and receiving praise for my performance. "Did you see the reaction I got when I walked through the curtain?" I asked with a smile. "Did you hear the way the crowd erupted when Ned and I hugged it out in the center of the ring? THOSE are the moments every wrestler lives for, THAT'S why we put our bodies on the line. The ultimate goal may be to prove to everyone out there why you're the best in the business, but if they don't respect you for it, what's the point?"

You could tell Steve thought I was crazy. He made a fist and lightly bonked me over the head a few times. "Big D, is that you in there? Did Ned rattle your brain a little too much?"

I playfully swiped his hand away, laughing. "It's me, Steve, just a NEW me. Even though I lost, I can feel things beginning to change. There's no shame in losing to the next Universal Champion, [i]especially
with the way it all went down. Had Ned not reversed my Dan Slam attempt, you'd be interviewing HIM about the devastating loss instead. As far as I'm concerned, I'm heading into March Madness riding high on a wave of momentum."

"Speaking of which," Sayors digressed. "You're one of three favorites to win the entire tournament; does having the odds in your favor help boost your confidence or is it just added pressure?"

I smirked, thinking about all the times in history a favorite was upset by the underdog. "Neither, Steve," I responded with a head shake. "Do you remember Leap of Faith? EVERYONE was so sure Robbie Bourbon would walk out of there with the 24/7 Briefcase, and what happened? He couldn't even leave the pay-per-view with a fake one! Hell, for a second he had everyone convinced he wasn't even gonna COMPETE, something I'm sure all the people who put their hard earned dollars down on him LOVED hearing............ no, it's gonna be business as usual for me. I don't need a bunch of Vegas bookies who've never stepped foot inside the squared circle to boost my ego with their fake support."

Steve went to speak into his mic, but I grabbed his hand and pulled it back. "But I'll tell you this," I continued with a cocky grin. "Anyone who DOES bet on me not only has their faith in the right place, but will be greatly rewarded for it, as well. I thought Lethal Lottery was mine for the taking, but I miscalculated the risk of having to rely on someone else to help me get there. That isn't a factor here. Either I become King of XWF because of my hard work and dedication, or I don't. It's as simple as that, exactly the way it should be."

I finally let go of Steve's hand, allowing him to speak. "Well, Big D, it's hard to argue with your logic," he agreed. "However, the road ahead is a treacherous one and it all starts with Finn Kuhn, who we saw make an appearance earlier in the night. March Madness is the perfect opportunity for someone like him to make a big impact in a short amount of time; how do you prevent him from playing the role of spoiler?"

I waited a second to speak, thinking long and hard about the man I knew relatively nothing about. This was a dangerous match, one that could easily be labeled as a 'trap.' If I underestimate my opponent because I assume they're bad(based solely on the fact that I haven't seen them in action), I could be tricked into not going 100%. At that rate, if HIS 100% is better than MY 90, I could be set up for failure. Add in the fact that he COULD be just as good as I am, and the only option is to unleash the full might of the D.

"Finn Kuhn.......... I finally spoke, very light at first. "The name rolls off the tongue wrong, almost sounds dirty to say. I think Smokey and his coworkers at Popeye's might have a little problem with it."

My demeanor quickly changed. I wanted to make it clear to EVERYONE, not just Steve Sayors or his Houdini cameraman, exactly how serious I was. There would be a time and place for jokes eventually, but right now I wanted to put the entire XWF on notice. Big D wasn't gonna be just another participant in this tournament, he was gonna be THE participant in it........ the one to win the whole damn thing, Lacklan style. And it all begins with Finn Kuhn.

"I honestly can't say I know much about Finn, hell, my first real glimpse of him was tonight before mine and Ned's match. And do you know what I saw? A guy who has his friend's back, someone who refused to sit by and watch as Maverick got two-on-oned. He did exactly for Mav what I would for Ned, that tells me a little something about his character. And while I can respect that, it's also the sort of thing that'll get him killed. Now, I'm not saying he made a bad choice, because he didn't, it's just now he's got a target on his back at the worst possible time. This is the XWF and everybody's got the memory of an elephant, including Myst and Chaos! Those two are gonna be out for blood and will wait for a monumental moment to strike back. Well, here it is. Not only is he gonna have to look out for ME when we face off, he's gonna have to watch his back for THEM, as well. Much like Noah did to me during Lethal Lottery, Jenny & Chris are gonna try to hit Finn where it hurts by screwing him out of March Madness........."

I paused for a moment. It was strange to be, essentially, warning my opponent about something that could end up working to my advantage. The old me would've said 'fuck it' and let Kuhn find out the hard way; but as someone who's been there before, I didn't want to see it happen to someone else.

"But I have a message for Jenny Myst and Chris Chaos........." I continued, raising a finger to the camera. "Whatever beef you guys have with Finn Kuhn, save it for AFTER our match! I'm out here to prove myself, and having some hoe and her sugar daddy help me out is only gonna put a damper on my success. So if I see either of you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, not only will I put Finn's beating on hold, I'll also help him dispose of you! And once we're finished, we'll be able to continue our quest to find out who the better man is............ uninterrupted."

Sayors looked as though I had just blown his mind. "Are you saying you would put your quest of becoming King of XWF on hold in order to HELP your opponent?"

"That's what I said, isn't it?" I asked, annoyed that I had to repeat myself. "Here's the thing Steve: if I wanted to win THAT badly, I would've just beat Ned with his briefcase and walked away, unapologetically. But that's not who I am anymore. I want Finn Kuhn to have the same opportunity I do, because you never know when you'll get another one."

"That being said, I have no plans to take it easy on him. After everything I've been through over the last year, I can't afford to go half-speed and risk an early elimination. If that happens, I'll NEVER be looked at as a legitimate threat to ANY Title again! With all the other opportunities I've squandered in the past, some not necessarily MY fault, there'd be no reason to continue. It'd be back to competing for the TV Title, PERMANENTLY and that's not why I'm here"

"And why ARE you here, Big D?" Steve Sayors questioned. "To become Universal Champion?"

"Well, Steve, that WAS the plan........" I began. "But as we all know, plans change. When I first arrived, all I wanted was a Universal Title run. Just. One. I even considered retire on the spot. My name would forever be attached to that belt's history and I'd be a multi-time World Champion. No-one could ever take that away from me........."

I stopped myself, thinking about how horrible that sounded. The truth was, I had every intention to use the XWF for a quick run and scram quicker than Barney Stinson to one of his dates. All I wanted was to cement my legacy, stick it to all the people who looked at me as inferior. They could watch XWF, maybe even join, and my name would always be there to hang of their heads. a gigantic 'fuck you before not believing in me!'

But something had changed. Holding some belts, becoming a part of their illustrious history made me crave for more. The Universal Title was still my goal, but I began to strive for more.

"But now I want the Hall of Legends!" I declared, reaching for the heavens. "I want to be on the level of current members like Fuzz & Centurion, as well as future ones like Main & Lacklan! That reaction I got before I came over here? I want that EVERY night, EvERYwhere I go! It's not enough to become Champion, The Engineer is a perfect example of that. Nobody gives a shit about his Title reign, they care more about the newly resurrected Tag Team Title scene, courtesy of Robert Main & Chris Page. I want to be one of those guys who everyone wants to see, regardless of where on the card they are. I want star power. And that's exactly what I'm gonna get after I defeat Finn Kuhn and win March Madness. Once all's said and done, they're gonna be calling me KING D. And that ain't no story, it's the Cold Big D Truth!!!!"

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
Atara Raven (02-21-2020), Robert "The Omega" Main (02-22-2020), Thunder Knuckles™ (02-21-2020)