Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-03-2024, 10:47 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Q&A - With Ezra Blackwater (Hosted by Donovan Blackwater) For Your Viewing Pleasure
The Brothers Blackwater Offline
Vindicators

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

01-10-2020, 05:29 PM

"Okay, what's the plan here exactly, you're going to interview me?"

[Image: yaVtNVl.jpg]

Ezra Blackwater asked with some interest from where he sat at a medium sized dining table, located within his apartment. More specifically, it was positioned within the room that doubled as both a dining and living room. As what sometimes occurs in apartments. The room was fairly decent size, not at all cramped, despite being the combination of the two areas and had a very comforting vibe. Hardwood flooring, with several small area rugs. Decorated in a lot of Earth tone colors and fabrics, with a fireplace in the furthest corner. It felt very relaxed and calm, a place that really held a quality of home.

While simultaneously being the base of operations for Ezra's workstation as well. Which consisted of a desk, where three monitors and two dueling keyboards were kept on the surface and two towers existed underneath. On top of that there was a closed laptop, dwelling on the shelf of a nearby bookcase. At precisely arm's length from the swivel chair that sat next to the desk, for easy access. A flat screen television was situated on the wall opposite to Ezra's workstation and an X-Box One was placed directly underneath it, on the lower portion of a small, oak, rectangular coffee table. That existed in front of an olive drab, brown and beige plaid sofa.

When witnessing this room, these very obvious statements came to mind. Everything was arranged in the perfect order to utilize just the right amount of space and sufficiently sectioned off depending on its use or function, in the way someone with a severe case of OCD might organize things. In spite of that, it was apparent the room was thoroughly lived in, this was probably where Ezra spent most of his time, when he was within his abode. For you could practically feel his presence exuding from every inch and corner. It showcased both his personality and the fact that Donovan and Ezra, had an immensely different taste in decor and furniture. A trait often missed by the casual observer.

"That's the general idea."

[Image: cnfcSVi.jpg]

Standing several feet away from where Ezra sat, Donovan considered his brother briefly and then smiled.

"I thought it could be fun. A different option, opposed to using that hapless, nitwit, Steve Sayors."

"Steve isn't all that bad."

"Not all that bad. Brother, he's an utter train wreck. I seen him walking the halls of the XWF twitching and mumbling to himself like some sort of deranged psychopath."

"He's overworked and underpaid, what do you expect?"

"No, this goes way beyond being overworked or dealing with a deficiency of income, that man has definitely cracked. His mind has shattered. The boiled potato in his head, has turned to mush and is slowly liquefying. It's more or less soup. He's got a skull full of soup sloshing around. Trust me. Steve is long overdue for some vacation time in the psych ward and it shows."

"Fair enough. I get your point and I suppose, I agree to an extent. No one is exempt from having a mental break. So what's the idea for this interview? I assume you concocted some sort of concept for it."

"Now that you mention it, I did."

"Imagine that. Donovan comes up with a way to steal the show and hijack my promo, in a way that better suits his taste."

"No! That is not what I am doing! I simply thought I'd help and if my idea increased the entertainment value of the production, then that's a plus too. Not that it's a better idea than what you'd come up with, it's different, that's all. A change of pace. No reason to get offended."

"Relax. I'm only joking. Well... halfway joking. What's your idea?"

With a quick flash of a grin, Donovan walked over and dropped into a sitting position on the chair, stationed at the opposite side of the table from Ezra.

"Okay, it's like this... I make a post on social media, asking people to send in questions directed at you, with the promise that I'd present you with the best ones. You would then answer the questions, in the order in which they were asked and from there, your answers would get posted online. In video form, of course."

"Of course, how else would people know that I was actually answering the questions, if there wasn't a video?"

"Exactly. So what do you think? Are you down to do this or not?"

"I take it that all of this was already previously set in motion, wasn't it? The post was made, people sent in questions and you've already selected the ones that you intend on asking me? Correct? Which basically means, everything has been decided for me. This is what I'm doing. You're asking... but you aren't really asking, you're telling me that this is what's happening, right?"

"Well, when you make inquiries like those, I sound like some kind of control freak."

"See... it is not the inquiries, themselves that do that, it's the responses that instill that fact."

"Fine. If you don't want to do it, you don't have to. No one is forcing you to do anything. This was merely a suggestion, that's all. Geez."

"No, a suggestion isn't a strategy that you have all mapped out fully in advance and ready to go, it's something you mention in passing. Anyway, I didn't say that I wasn't interested, your idea sounds entertaining. It truly does. Honest. And I would have gone along with it, even if you didn't have everything priorly figured out."

"You just wanted me to feel like a dick for jumping the gun."

"Pretty much. Maybe now, you'll remember not to do it again and include me in the planning and preparation process for real, next time."

"Noted."

"Good. Then lets start shooting this promo, shall we?"

There was zero anger or tones of animosity connected with Ezra's words. In truth, he liked Donovan's orchestration, it was a way better deal than anything Steve Sayor's cooked up cause it let the fans dictate and control the queries. Sure it was only to an extent and there was some moderation involved but that was better than nothing. Rising swiftly, Ezra fetched his laptop and promptly sat back down, before moving his chair closer to Donovan, so that both brothers could be captured on camera. When Donovan seen this, he smiled and retrieved his phone from his pocket. It didn't take long for him to pull up the social media post; however, rather then revealing the impending questions right away, Donovan sent a glance his brother's way and asked.

"Do you want to look over the questions?"

This was Donovan's attempt at being considerate after taking matters into his own hands, without first consulting Ezra. An endeavor to show, he was curbing his need for control. It was an effort that wasn't lost on Ezra.

"No, I trust you."

Then with one swift click of a button, Ezra started recording.

"XWF! My promo for the next edition of Savage Saturday Night will be done in a completely new format. You see, my brother Donovan decided to take it upon himself to make a post on social media, where he asked people to reply and send in questions for me to answer. Apparently he received an abundant supply. Donovan has selected a generous percentage of them to ask me and the plan of action is that I will answer them and grant you all, the knowledge in which you seek. So without further ado... lets have the first question."

"Why did you join the XWF?"

"That's frank and to the point. I like it. Well, I joined the XWF in order to be moral support for my brothers, Donovan and Raphael. It was my way of letting them know that in this crazy industry, someone will always be there to have their backs, no matter what. Family protects family, right? In every venture it should be like that, why would the world of wrestling be any different?"

"If anything, that's one of the avenues that requires it the most. Look how often the concept of family is used in the sport. It's an asset to have, not something that should be mocked or shunned and screw anyone that thinks differently. Oh haha... you have family members that give a shit! Please. Could those naysayers be any more like Nelson Muntz, pointing and laughing, while being secretly jealous that they don't have the same thing? And there are those that want it. Enough to play pretend to get it! How sad."

"Did you always want to become a professional wrestler?"

"Fuck no and even now that I wrestle, I don't think of myself as a professional. I'm more like a petty dabbler, at best. No disrespect to those that take it super serious as their life passion but I'm happy with where I'm at career wise. Being the back-up enforcer, occasionally fighting, here and there. For now anyway. There may be a time when I change my mind and step up my game, so to speak but right now, this suits me just fine."

"Biggest inspiration?"

"Dad. Azrael Erebus. When he started wrestling, he was this skinny, 5'9" tall guy, with one arm and a burlap sack over his head, that couldn't speak of his own volition. Not because he wasn't able to but cause he had the right taken away from him and yet, he managed to rise to the occasion and triumph."

"Take on any obstacle or challenge and maybe he didn't win all of the time, still he succeeded more often than he failed. He became a legend in his own right, one that's still acknowledged by the best in this business, to this very day. That's impressive by any standard. To be remembered like that, in spite of the fact that his name isn't on any list of legends. How many individuals can say that?"

Pause.

"Then there's you."

"Me?!?! What did I do?"

"You made your own mark and carved your own niche. People recognize and notice you for your talent, even if they don't want to admit it. Win or lose, you get back up and fight. Time and time again. No matter what. You aim to entertain. Always. Effortlessly sauntering in with a swagger and a smirk. Whatever you're going through or struggling with personally, it doesn't ever factor into the equation. That aspect goes for outside of the ring too. You always put others first. Without fail."

"Family and friends, their well being and happiness, comes first. I know cause you have never once failed to come to my aid when I needed help. Your whole world could be shifted on its axis, cataclysmic life changing shit could be going on. Earth's core erupting, sky falling stuff and it doesn't matter cause the protection and safety of others, means more to you than anything on this planet. That's what makes you an inspiration and a great man cause I personally don't know how you do it. And in a tailor fit, custom made, designer suit, no less."

"Stahp. You're getting me misty eyed over here."

"Hey, I'm only telling it like it is. Maybe if you started really acting like an asshole, instead of simply playing the part, I'd have a different song to sing."

"Deal. First drunk, homeless, crippled, veteran that I see, I'm punching him in the jaw."

"But you already beat up Bearded War Pig."

"He doesn't count. He's only mentally disabled. I'm talking like a paraplegic or a guy missing some of his limbs. Maybe even all his limbs."

"So he's only a torso? How does he get around?"

"I don't know. With a pencil and a skateboard. Holds the pencil in his mouth and uses it to make the skateboard move forward. He's stuck looking at the ground most of the time but at least he's not deaf and dumb too, like the guy Metallica sang about."

"This is beginning to take a dark turn."

"Agreed. We should move on before the lawsuits start flying in and I have to pay Thunder Knuckles to pretend to be me. Greatest achievement in wrestling?"

"Effectively pulling off 'Electric God Fist' from Tekken, in real life."

"Most epic failure?"

"Not putting in the correct amount of effort when I took on Azrael and The Engineer. I could have tried harder and I know that, I can admit that as a failure on my part. It didn't help that my partner was terrible but I won't ever put the blame solely on him. That's something a child does. Not a grown man."

"Favorite match?"

"When I took on Game Girl."

"Favorite opponent?"

"Game Girl. Again."

"Most hated opponent?"

"Opponents. Rain and Snow. Hands down. Worst ever."

"Favorite wrestler in the XWF?"

"Tony Santos. He's an excellent wrestler and even though he might not be on the best terms with you, he's always been nice to me. Except I'm fairly certain that's because he doesn't know who I am. This one time, he was standing outside the main XWF building and he needed a light for his cigarette, so I helped him out. Afterwards he patted me on the back and gave me five dollars. Like he was giving me a tip. He did that in the bathroom once too, I'm still not sure what that was for..."

"Haha! Wow! That's too funny. I'll have to remember to ask him about that last bit. Favorite member of The Elite? Excludeing family members and significant others."

"There's only one of the latter for me. Some of us don't play musical chairs with our love interests. As for my favorite teammates... plural cause I can't just pick one, I'll go with Kelvin Watts aka Hyde, Wylie Sinclair aka Clockworks and Milo Vancouver, since I wind up working with them at The Citadel the most. Tech crew for life!"

"Family member that you would fight?"

"I already fought dad. You? Maybe? Cause I think if Raph hit me, he might break my jaw and I don't want to have to get it wired shut, even if it's only for a day."

"Dream opponent?"

"Sebastian Duke... I really want to see him stand by a pond and direct one of his Shakespearean soliloquies at me."

"Partner?"

"Thunder Knuckles, this is also for the entertainment value, I'd like to find out if he's capable of using my name, opposed to Shock Nozzle."

"Match?"

"Thunderdome, which is a variation of Thundercage. Basically it's based on the film, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. The cage is unique because it's a dome shape and there are several ways to engage in battle but I like the version where each eliminated competitor, gets handcuffed to the cage until only one man remains, then that guy gets the key and frees his team. Only for them to beat down all the wrestlers still cuffed to the cage."

"Damn. Look at you getting all hardcore. It sounds cool though. I would more than likely opt in for such a brawl. Speaking of matches, you have an upcoming fight with Robbie Bourbon and Atara Themis. It's a standard tag match and Alister Dante aka Templar is set to be your partner. There's questions here, pertaining to the match. For instance, what do you think of your partner, Alister Dante?"

"We don't spend a great deal of time socializing; however, he's always been kind. We've had incredible, thought provoking conversations here and there but never actually hung out, in a casual sense. I don't think he has a single bad bone in his body and it's always hard for me to picture him fighting but I know he does it."

"I've been at the Citadel when he logs in to train and when he shows up for assignments to patrol the city. He's a hundred percent human too, so his valiant efforts to protect others, puts him in serious danger. Yet that doesn't stop him or give him cause for pause, he's right there with everyone else, fighting the good fight and defending the ones that can't protect themselves. That's amazing."

"What about your opponents. Robbie Bourbon and Atara Themis."

"I am not familiar with Atara Themis. Besides the fact that she's a scantly clad lady that wrestles. Which does nothing for me, since I'm not interested in women. Not in that way, anyway. All that I'm concerned with is her ability to wrestle. By the by, I'm not well acquainted with her technique, she's an unknown factor."

"This leaves several vital components absent in the terms of estimating a proper strategy. The only thing left to do in those circumstances, when you must fight what you do not know, is to use that aspect alone and merely expect the unexpected. Don't assume or predict anything and be ready for every possible attack."

"Robbie Bourbon is a definite concern. He outweighs me by a good four hundred pounds. Not to mention the fact that he's quite skilled in wrestling. He's taken on hoards of impressive athletes. The man is a straight up beast and a force to be reckoned with. I won't lie in order to save face. I know what I'm climbing into the ring with and squaring off against."

"Still that changes, nothing. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, right? I've seen Bourbon fall. I know it's possible to defeat him. King Hippo was a tough adversary but he was not impossible to overthrow. There were ways to take him down. Similar to that scenario, there are ways to topple the living mountain that is Robbie Bourbon."

"Yes. A victory against Robbie will be difficult but not improbable or far-fetched. On the contrary, I think it is very plausible. The key element is paying attention. Everyone has their weaknesses, it's simply a matter of time before they are revealed unto you. Having patience and a keen sense of concentration are the ways to a win, especially in a match of this caliber."

"Bottom line, I'll be prepared to bring everything I've got to this match. My plan is to be observant and remain focused. I will not let my guard down, for one second. I'll wait and watch for that opening and then I will use it. No matter who's standing there when the time comes. I am going to be ready to do whatever it takes to win."

"Awesome. I'm convinced."

"Yeah?"

"Fuck yeah! Unquestionably, without a shadow of a doubt, convinced. I also think this promo is finished."

"Same. Thanks for the help, this was fun."

"Any time brother, any time."

[Image: vp1uvfb.jpg]

[Image: iNVRm0X.jpg]

Donovan Blackwater
Former 1x...

[Image: jtHw5j1.png]

[Image: OZdvB4F.png]

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like The Brothers Blackwater's post:
Atara Raven (01-11-2020), Corey Smith (01-10-2020)