Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-29-2024, 05:10 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Inspiration & Faith (Part 2)
Kenzi Grey Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

12-13-2019, 11:40 PM

INSPIRATION & FAITH

Part II

“Kenzi Grey-Lacklan, singer, actress, entrepreneur, multi-sport athlete…”

[Image: I-F3.jpg]

Images of the multimedia star flash across the screen showing her varied talent. Starting from her teenage years as the lead singer for garage band, to competing on the gridiron and inside the squared circle. Kenzi seems and unstoppable force of nature, until…tragedy struck.

“A woman injured, barely able to stand…”

[Image: I-F2.jpg]

Images of the devastating knee injury she suffered after the ‘accidental’ shooting incident perpetrated by Vinnie Lane is shown. Fans are treated to scene after scene of Kenzi struggling through the devastating injury, in side the ring, on the football field, and even inside of a mixed martial arts cage. Kenzi manages to fight on…captaining her football team to their first playoff appearance, becoming the UGWC Chaos Champion, and surviving a grueling tag team tournament in XWF before the pain was too much.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we can rebuild her, through the power of Dianetics. We have the capability to create the world’s perfect Scientologist!”

[Image: I-F.jpg]

Image after image is shown of Kenzi’s unique experimental surgery in China. The images of her recovery progress quickly as she goes from being bedridden, to standing, to walking, and eventually running…all as the theme to ‘The Six Million Dollar Man’ plays in the background.

”Kenzi Grey-Lacklan will be that woman. Better than she was before. Better, stronger, faster!”

[Image: I-F4.jpg]

The show’s title morphs into the logo of the Church of Scientology as the camera focuses on Terri Monroe, the show’s hostess and the Spiritual Advisor to Kenzi Grey-Lacklan. The studio audience claps loudly and Terri joins in as Kenzi, sitting next to her with her XWF Tag Team and UGWC Chaos Titles draped over the back of the sofa between them. Terri took a moment to admire them before launching into the interview.

“Kenzi! First off, congratulations on the second defense of your Chaos Title on Monday night! It was an incredible match and I was SO proud to be there to see it!”

She applauded, turning to the enormous monitor behind the two of them that displayed still images from the pay-per-view event. Kenzi blushed as Terri and the rest of the crowd gushed over her. “Thank you! Thank you all very much…but Horizons is over and now my focus is on defending this one right here!” Kenzi patted the gleaming face of her half of the XWF World Tag Team Championship, “It will be the first defense for Sarah and I, and I’m ready to put on another show for the fans!“

“I know you are, but I have to ask…” She glanced down at Kenzi’s knee. “…the knee? How is it?” She crossed her fingers, “Please tell us it’s great.”

Kenzi shrugged her shoulders. “Well…I’m literally just weeks out of surgery, but I feel incredible! I mean, I know that it’s not perfect…YET, but it feels good. It feels STRONG!” Kenzi stood up and pulled up the hem of her dress to show off her knee, that was lightly bandaged still after her grueling war on Monday night. “I’m looking forward to really putting all of the hard work that Doctor Shin did to the test on Saturday night in Montreal!”

Terri’s eyes got large. “I. LOVE. CANADA!” She practically screamed.

“Canda…” Kenzi was quick to correct, using the playful mispronunciation she had adopted from her wife as she sat back down. Terri’s smile faltered a bit, but she pretended not to hear it as she listened to Kenzi with intense interest. “…that’s where Sarah and I won our very first tag team titles together back in 2017! Titles that we never lost…just like we don’t plan on losing the ones we have here!”

“Well, Canada is certainly in for a treat!” Terri added.

“Canda.“ Kenzi corrected, again.

Terri looked annoyed, but pressed ahead all the same. She turned everyone’s attention to Saturday Night Savage, and the co-main event title match. “So…here you are, coming off an injury that could have meant forfeiting those championships, but instead here you are…one day from defending those titles against a couple of desperate men…”

Images of Big D and Ned Kaye flash up on the screen. The duo seem ready to do battle with the 5’2” Mafia for the championship.

Terri added. “…not only desperate for your titles, but for something more…something you have found through Inspiration and Faith!” Terri turns to the crowd, “And we’ll be right back to talk about that after this quick commercial break!”

The show returned from commercial, centering on the smiling face of Terri. “I’m sitting here with Kenzi Grey-Lacklan, practicing Scientologist and one-half of the XWF World Tag Team Champions. She and her wife will be defending those titles tomorrow night on Saturday Night Savage against the team of Notorious BIG, Big D and ‘Notorious’ Ned Kaye.” Terri turns to Kenzi, “You and I had an opportunity to listen to what Mr. D and Mr. Kaye had to say leading up to this match and I was struck by the desperation in these two men. All I could say was…bless their little hearts, they just need a little bit of Inspiration and Faith to get them through! Honestly, I can’t think of any two people who could benefit more from the same changes you made in your life when you joined us.”

Kenzi paused for a long few moments as she thought on what she would say next regarding one of her opponents. When she finally did, she kept her words measured and concise, as not to seem insensitive. “I honestly don’t know a lot about Ned Kaye. Every time I ask Sarah about him, her eyes glaze over and she starts to nod off, but I managed to pick up a few things on my own…mainly from ‘Notorious: In His Own Words’ in bookstores everywhere, or you can order online if you don’t like the feel of a good book!“

A graphic of Ned’s book appears on the screen, and Terri points to it. ”There it is!”

Kenzi pulls out her own copy, holding it up for the fans. “I know a lot of the fans who are familiar with the antics and tropes of wrestling are already groaning and saying ‘OH MAN, HERE IT COMES!’ But…no, that is not what is about to happen. First things, first…” Kenzi looked right into the camera, “Ned. Excellent read! I enjoyed it. You gave a very honest and unflinching look at what it’s like to be you.” Kenzi sat the dog eared book in her lap as she turned back to Terri. “You used the word ‘desperation’ and I agree with you, there is desperation in Ned…not only for this upcoming match, but in life and his constant battle to stay connected to it. I saw a lot of things in his book that I, myself went through before discovering Scientology and living my life in #Clarity! No, I am not saying that Ned is going down the wrong path…but I will say that he shouldn’t allow whacky shrinks to fool him into thinking that depression is something you have to live with and manage through excessive medication. It isn’t…I am living proof of that. Scientology is proof of that! I saw doctors and I was prescribed all of these mind-altering drugs…told that I suffered from Borderline Personality Disorder…depression, regression, transgression you name it! But in the end, it was this church…this family that helped me unlock the potential to will my body to heal itself.”

Terri reached over and patted Kenzi on her leg. ”Exactly! At its core, that is what Scientology is; a core set of beliefs that can teach you how to be a better YOU!”

“Absolutely! I want Ned to know that he doesn’t have to let negativity get the best of him. In fact, tomorrow night after Sarah and I beat him and Big D, I am going to give Ned a one-on-one lesson on going Clear! I know that Rome wasn’t built in a day, but I promise Ned that I am ANYTHING but withdrawn! Right right after we Falcon Punch him into oblivion, I’ll be there to help him up, dust him off, and show him how to be better.”

The crowd clapped and cheered loudly, led by Terri Monroe, herself; ”That is so great of you! I can’t think of many others who would even consider doing something like that. It is truly a blessing to have someone like you here representing the very best of what Scientology has to offer someone like him…one the edge, not knowing what to do next or who to turn to.”

Kenzi nodded, “Which is another reason beating him on Saturday Night Savage is going to be one of the very best things to ever happen to him. I’m convinced that Ned thinks that this kookie pairing is going to mean success and get him to where he wants to be in the XWF, but it won’t because Big D is a gigantic black hole that is literally sucking the life out of Ned!” Kenzi seemed visibly upset by it. “Just like I was awed by the struggles Ned went through battling personal demons, it has become very clear to me that Big D isn’t there to help him…he is just there to use him to get what he wants!”

Terri chimed in, to send the show into commercial. ”Stay tuned everyone! When we return, we’ll explore the demented and reactive mind of Big D!”

The show returned, picking up right where it left off. ”We heard your thoughts how you thought a man like Ned Kaye could actually helped by the clarity and balance of Scientology, but we haven’t explored the other side of tomorrow’s equation; the man who calls himself Big D. Unlike Ned, he had a lot more to say.”

Kenzi sighed as she tossed Ned’s book aside and prepared to unpack everything that the former Television Champion had to say, not only about her wife, but about her. “Big D…where to start? I mean…I believe in the power of Scientology to help someone sort through whatever issues they have that have them at odds with themselves, but Big D might have given L. Ron Hubbert a run for his money! The way his mind went from one crazy line of thinking to the next, without missing a beat was truly disturbing!”

Terri turned to the crowd with a nod. ”She’s not kidding! He makes Leah Remini look totally sane!”

“Big D is obviously an unstable person with designs on becoming a cult leader!”

Terri frowned. ”Aren’t cults the absolute WORST!?”

Kenzi nodded in agreement, “TOTES!” She continued, “So, David Koresh’s manifesto started off by stroking Ned’s ego an playing into the depression he battles every day. He told Ned that he could have any partner he wanted, but Big D picked him because he’s honorable and doesn’t break his word. Which is noble, but the out and out lie here is hysterical to me! I mean, I know I am just a part-timer to most everyone here, but from what I have seen, hardly anyone would with half a brain would team with that guy! In his very next breath, he admits to turning on Ned before…but it’s all good now! REALLY?” Kenzi couldn’t control the laugh that escaped her at the absurdity of that. “I’ll give him Charlie Manson marks for being upfront about what a piece of garbage he is, while telling Ned and anyone else who will listen that he doesn’t stink, but I hope no one is buying that!”

”He’s setting the stage so that he can absolve himself of any wrong doing when he does follow his nature and turns his back on his partner.”

“Absolutely Terri!” Kenzi agreed, “After Ned carries his ass out into the deep water and things get choppy, Big D will do what Big D does, he will drop the ball and leave his partner hanging. His excuse will be ‘HEY! I TOLD YOU I WAS A BIG DOUCHE BAG!’ Which…I guess is what the D in his name stands for!”

Terri turned the conversation to Sarah. ”Big D really went after your wife from there. I mean, it started off almost like flattery, then it took a turn.”

Kenzi frowned as she thought of everything Big D had to say about Sarah. “He did give her her due, at first. He acknowledged her skill in the ring, and then it’s like he suddenly forgot about those accomplishment that put her light years ahead of him in the XWF. He starts naming off all of these titles and big moments for her, then…she’s really just a rich girl living off her daddy’s money and Vinnie Lane is giving her an easy road to the top?” Kenzi paused and raised her hands in confusion, “No! Not just her…but the two of us?! For weeks and weeks Sarah was stalked and hounded by a crazy person who destroyed her property and tried to burn down my house…but Vinnie made it easy for her? Vinnie Lane?! The same Vinnie Lane who shot me in my knee and almost ended my career?! I appreciate fiction as much as the next person, but that is just parroting the voices of the jealous and ignorant searching for a reason why they came up short!”

”That was the narrative that followed your run to the XWF World Tag Team Titles, if I’m not mistaken.”

Kenzi patted the title belt hanging beside her. “Recycled trash that he thought would sound good if he said it loud enough, but it doesn’t hold water. He cried about Sarah and I having a bye in the first round, but I didn’t see him there fighting and showing everyone how big his double-booked balls were! Sarah and I got a bye in the first round and if you ask me, so did everyone else! Wrestling teams that no one has ever heard of or seen again? PLEASE! If that was a problem for him, how about the guy that LOST and then just turned around and got a new partner and a second chance! Was Vinnie Lane greasing the wheels for him and his partner too, or is this really just an excuse for the endless stream of stupid that seems to emanate from his general direction? My team won that tournament and earned these titles! We fought the best team in our first match…I freely admit that! The Sick Cun-”

The feed abruptly cut off and was interrupted with music and a “please stand by” message on the screen…

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

When the show returned, Terri’s face was flushed and Kenzi had the look of a child that had just been scolded.

Kenzi picked her words a bit more carefully. “Fuzz and Noah were the best team in that tournament and they would have won it all…if the Mafia wasn’t in it! That is the cold hard truth! And Big D crying and whining about Sarah and I not defending the titles at the last PPV is also a bunch of spin doctoring on his part! You can ask Fuzz if you don’t believe me, he laid down the challenge and Sarah and I were ready to go…but it didn’t get booked.” She burst out laughing. “Of course, he can go out and tell The Internet Champion that he will put his TV Title on the line if he loses to her…then pretend that didn’t happen after he gets his punk card pulled? His words don’t hold water, and tomorrow night, his hands won’t be holding this golden title belt either!”

Terri sat forward, looking at Kenzi very closely as she asked, ”We all saw what you went through with your injury and how you fought through it to capture the Tag Titles. Does it bother you that Big D and others dismiss you as ‘Sarah’s Withdrawn Lover’ or ‘Sarah’s Shadow?’ Basically, saying that you have been along for the ride?”

Kenzi chuckled at this, not wanting to sound arrogant. “Look…I have no illusions about how people view me in XWF. I am the part-timer. I came in through a tournament and now I am a champion…holding a title that a lot of people covet! I didn’t bust my ass, grinding on PPVs and weekly shows to get it. Sarah made her mark here doing all of that…all I did was pin shoulders to the mat, match after match after match on the way to winning those belts! If Big D and Ned missed all that and they think I can’t wrestle, then bully for me! They won’t see it coming when I knock them out and pin them next!” Kenzi could only shrug. “They don’t have to respect what I did in the tournament, just like I don’t have to respect Big D for being a transitional Champion for just about every title he’s held here! But, I’ll give him the respect he didn’t give me…right up until he loses to the 5’2” Mafia and the new string of excuses start!”

Terri took a breath, looking at Kenzi in a mixture of awe and respect. ”Kenzi, that was really inspiring and I think…no…I KNOW for a fact that when people see you go to Savage tomorrow night and successfully defend your title, they will see you for who and what you really are…an Inspiration to all of us who share the Faith.” She leaned over and gave Kenzi a hug as she whispered, ”…show them what we are all about…”

Terri turned to the crowd, ”Friends, please tune in to Saturday Night Savage tomorrow night as my close personal friend continues her inspiring journey. GOOD NIGHT!”

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Kenzi Grey's post:
Corey Smith (12-14-2019), Noah Jackson (12-14-2019)