Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 04:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Negotiation
Roman Offline
Official Official In The XWF

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

12-08-2019, 02:35 PM

(So here I am, XWF headquarters located in . Sitting across from me, aging wannabe rocker and from what I can tell, busted old man, Vincent Lane. We've already exchanged pleasantries, shook hands, made small talk, and for the past ten or so minutes, I've sat here and watched him hotbox his office with butter cookie scented cloud of poisonous vape. I can't help but wonder if my man knows about the recent outbreak in vaping related illnesses? Oh well, not my place to tell him right? Besides, I'm here for a job and the last thing I need is to get on the bosses bad side before I even manage to get my foot in the door. So I remain silent and pass the time by looking at all of the pictures hanging on the wall of memorable moments from Lane's career. One in particular catches my eye since it's clearly taped outside of the frame. It's some fat guy celebrating over the body of Vinnie. Something tells me to leave it alone and not bring it up, so I don't. Unfortunately Vinnie catches me eyeballing the photo, which of course brings it to his attention.)

Vincent Lane: "Oh for fucks sake!"

(Vinnie hops up from his seat and rips the picture down before crumbling it up and tossing it in the trash.)

Vincent Lane: "Sorry for that dude, "friends" likes to pin that up from time to time as a joke."

(I'm not really a wrestling fan, so I guess the joke is lost on me, but from what I can gather, the fat guy must have beaten Vinnie at some point and gets teased for it. I guess it would be funny if that guy was a wuss or something, but I don't know, he looked pretty intimidating to me.)

Roman: "Who needs enemies?"

(I say with an annoying cackle of a laugh. Vinnie must think so too, because I think I literally just watched his skin crawl.)

Vincent Lane: "So, what we have here is a standard contract for a development talent."

(A what? I might not know much about this business, but I'm pretty sure you don't rub elbows with too many legends on a development deal.)

Roman: "Vinnie, can I can you Vinnie?"

Vincent Lane: "Sure dud..."

(Yeah, I just keep talking because that was rhetorical, obviously.)

Roman: "I'm gonna have ta stop ya right there my man. I'm not interested in a development deal. I want to work the big shows, with the legends."

Vincent Lane: "Sure, but before you can do that, we need to work with you to refine your skills. Like I told you on the phone, I checked out the matches that you sent me, and you need a lot of work before you're ready for the big time."

(Yeah, that's fair. After all, everything I know about wrestling, I know from poorly copying dad's moves, but still…)

Roman: "I'm afraid that I'm going to have to insist, but I'm willing to negotiate."

Vincent Lane: "I don't think that you're really in a position to negotiate dude. You're very lucky to be getting this opportunity at all."

Roman: "And I get that, but my business isn't in some development league."

Vincent Lane: "And what business is that?"

Roman: "It's a personal matter my man, but I'll tell you what. Whatever dollar amount is in that contract, half it, quarter it, drop a zero or two, whatever it takes, just give me a chance in the big leagues and I promise that you won't regret it."

(He lets out a sigh, I guess I'm making some big demands here. It feels like my heart is in my throat as I beg the heavens to let me talk him into…)

Vincent Lane: "Okay, I'll get the lawyers to work up a new contract and I'll start you off on Savage, but you're going to be making XWF minimum salary with this deal."

(Oh, sweet!)

Roman: "I don't even know what that is, but I do know that it doesn't matter."

(I stand up and reach across the desk to shake the man's hand.)

Roman: "Thank you sir, I promise that I'll make the most out of this opportunity!"

(We shake on it and I leave. A few days later Fedex delivers my contract. I open it, already retreating agreeing to take less money so quickly. How will I afford travel and lodging? I didn't even think about it at the time because this isn't about money, but honestly, I have no idea what the minimum salary in the XWF is, and that terrifies me. I pull the stack of papers out of the envelope and skim through it looking for dollar amounts and when I finally find my salary and all of the various percentages and bonuses that I can earn.. I can't help but smile. This is definitely more money than I ever expected to make in my life. Always figured I'd be stuck stocking shelves at Walmart for thirty-k a year…)

[Image: photo.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Roman's post:
Atticus Gold (12-09-2019), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-08-2019)