Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 11:51 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legacy (Origin Flashback)
Roman Offline
Official Official In The XWF

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

12-08-2019, 11:36 AM

FLASHBACK!

(For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had one single question that weighed heavily on my heart.)

Broderick Short: “Come on mom, tell me already!”

(I could see the reluctance in her eyes as I begged, this had always been a touchy subject for her, and one that I’m not sure if she had ever shared with anyone.)

Mama Short: "I don’t know son, maybe it’s best to leave the past in the past?"

(I let out a frustrated sigh as I once again crashed into my mother’s defenses, but I couldn’t let it go, not this time. If I were ever to move on with my life, I needed to know…)

Broderick Short: “Mom, please…”

(Maybe it was because I said please? Maybe it was because she was just tired of me constantly questioning her over the years, or maybe it was because I looked like I was about to shit my pants and throw a hissy fit. Whatever the case may have been, I had finally won and broke her down to the point that she would give me my first clue as to the identity of my father.)

Mama Short: "Fine, I’ll tell you that he’s a famous wrestler, but I’m begging you, don’t go looking for him. He was no good for you when you were born, and he’s no good for you now!"

(Mom cares about me, in that I have no doubt. If she says that it’s not a good idea to find my dad, then I believe it. I promised her that I’d stop looking. I told her that just knowing a little about where I come from is enough. I kissed her on the head and retired to my room for the night, and as much as I would like to live up to the promise that I had made to her earlier, I just can’t help myself. I spend the next few hours on the internet searching for wrestlers in their mid-forties. A surprising number of the old farts are still active today. I look at all of their profiles and wonder. James Raven is a possibility, he’s a good looking fellow just like me. Maybe Fuzz, he’s old and already seems to have one bastard popping back into his life. I continued to obsess over these old ass wrestlers. Shank, Gilmour, Theo, Vinnie, way too many to name. But one in particular seemed to catch my eye. There was something about him that just seemed… Familiar… I pulled up some pictures of him in his younger days, and I just couldn’t believe the resemblance!)

[Image: young-CENT.jpg]

(Holy shit! This was it! I knew it! I had found my dad! Now the only problem was figuring out how to introduce myself to him. Uh… Hi my guy, so uh… It turns out that you may be my father! That definitely wasn’t going to work! Hell, maybe I wouldn’t even tell him? Maybe it would be too awkward right? But that didn’t change the fact that I wanted to meet him and maybe get to know him. But how?

I knew how…

Right then and there, I decided that I was going to become a wrestler because really, what better way to get to know a guy than to roll around on a sweat covered canvas with other guys? Hell, if I’m good enough, maybe he’ll introduce himself to me! After all, I hear he’s a legend…

Sit tight dad, your baby boy is coming to find you!)

[Image: Roman.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Roman's post:
Atticus Gold (12-08-2019), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-08-2019)