Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 01:16 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Call
Roman Offline
Official Official In The XWF

XWF FanBase:
Green as Grass

(sloppy in the ring; botches moves regularly; shows up when fans are hoping for anyone else)

12-08-2019, 08:28 AM

(At twenty-two years old, Roman didn’t have much experience, Hell, he had only graduated from wrestling school less than a year ago, but that didn’t stop him from dreaming big. He had sent feelers out to Vincent Lane nearly a month ago, but with all of the work that was going into putting on one of the best Pay Per View events in recent memory, he hadn’t heard anything back until a few days ago.

When the call came in from XWF headquarters he first thought it was a prank. Surely one of his friends, no wait, he doesn’t have any friends. Okay, surely one of the boys from one of the small time indy shows he had worked was just messing with him? He had let it slip that he was trying to land a spot with the XWF, and when he did the news was met with ridicule and laughter.

Within minutes of hanging up on what’s her name from XWF headquaters Roman’s phone would ring again, but this time when he answered, he was met with a familiar voice to any wrestling fan.)

Vincent Lane: "Dude, you’re gonna wanna not hang up..."

(Oh shit! Roman thought that was a damn good impression!)

Roman: “Nice try asshole, but I can tell you’re not Vinnie cause...”

(The sounds of a long obnoxious drag off of an e-cig catches Roman’s attention. It’s followed by the smooth exhale that only a douche who basically breathes through that thing can manage without getting all choked up.)

Roman: “Fuck, Vinnie is that really you?”

Vincent Lane: "Who else would it be?"

(Roman tried to think of a witty retort.)

Roman: “I… er...”

(But wits aren’t exactly what he’s known for. Fortunately Vinnie took his lack of words as a sign of him being star struck from receiving a personal phone call from the great Vincent Lane, but really, Roman didn’t know who he was before looking into various top wrestling companies to work for.)

Vincent Lane: "It’s okay kid, I won’t hold it against you for being starstruck. It happens all the time!"

(Roman is sure that it doesn’t, but whatever.)

Vincent Lane: "Listen dude, I was looking over the Youtube links that you sent in, and I’ve gotta say, you’re not that good."

(Vinnie had planned to pause to see what Roman’s reaction would be to him saying that, but he didn’t have too.)

Roman: “That’s bullshit bro!”

(Vinnie was surprised that’s all he said. Usually when Vinnie says something negative about someone, they go off on a ten minute rant.)

Vincent Lane: "Well, I was gonna say that while you’re not very good, you are young, and I see a lot of potential in you. You definitely have a superstar look that we could work with. I’m willing to offer you an opportunity if you’re interested?"

(All Roman could see was green.)

Roman: “How much money are we talkin’?”

Vincent Lane: "Okay, first off dude, I pay people in xbux, not cash. Secondly, I don’t conduct business on the phone. I’ll have my people set up travel acomadations for you to fly out to the XWF headquaters in at the end of the week and we will go over the details of our offer."

(The rest doesn’t matter, and you tune it out. Just know that pleasantries were exchanged and the conversation ended. Next stop… !)
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 4 users Like Roman's post:
Atticus Gold (12-08-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-08-2019), Prof. Bobby Bourbon (12-08-2019), Thunder Knuckles™ (12-08-2019)