Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 06:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enter The Marksmen
michaelarcherjr Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

12-05-2019, 12:13 AM

HHL: "FUZZ AND SHANK DID IT!!! AND THEY'LL MEET IN THE FINALS! Who sold these old-timers didn't have what it takes?"

PC: "They prefer the term 'Veterans'."

[As Lethal Lottery rages on the camera focuses on a member of the audience, sitting up near the rafters in an isolated corner is a man in black tights, the lights above him shine off his curly dark brown hair, and highlights the Postcard in his hand.]

Are You a Pro or Semi-Pro Wrestler?

Are You looking to make You're big break?

Want to travel the world, and perform in front of the largest audiences possible?

If You answered yes to any of these questions, please join us in beautiful, Johannesburg South Africa, for Lethal Lottery. Directly after the show we will be hosting try-outs for aspiring roster members. We hope to see You there.

Sincerely.

XWF Staff.

[The sweat running down his forehead is palpable as he stares intently on the Postcard in his hand, paying no attention to the action going on in the ring below. Michael knows what this night means for him,for his family, the biggest opportunity of his career is right in front of him in a few short hours. As Michael’s thoughts race a million miles an hour in his head, he thinks back to the last conversation he had with his Wife before flying to, South Africa…]

2 WEEKS EARLIER

[The scenes opens to a very non-descript living room arrangement, the white walls are devoid of the usual Family portraits and knick-knacks you may have in your living room, the brown carpet matches the couch, the lone piece of furniture in the room. Michael sits on the couch along with a woman with brown hair, and blonde highlights, wearing a large white t-shirt, and black sweatpants. A little baby boy sits on his knees as she bounces him up and down, she looks over at Michael in his black jeans, and white wife-beater staring down at the same postcard in his hand as the TV provides background noise.]

”You need a nickname.”

[Michael turns his attention toward her with a look of bewilderment on his face.]

Michael: “A nickname?”

[The Woman smiles and nods at him before speaking again.]

”Yeah, don’t all wrestlers have nicknames, like The Destroyer, or The Intimidator.”

[Michael chuckles at his wife as she playfully punches him in the arm.]

”I’m serious, I mean you obviously not an intimidator, but I still think a nickname with help.”

[Michael’s smile faded a little as he turned his gaze away from his wife.]

Michael: ”Gee thanks Ashley, glad to know what you really think of me..”

[There is a moment of silence as Michael stares at the TV, Ashley suddenly jumps off the couch, and on to her feet, pushing their baby boy into Michael’s lap as he quickly wraps his arm around his son’s waist.]

Ashley: “I got it”

[Michael stares up at his wife intent to hear what she has to say.]

Ashley: “Your last name is Archer right, so what about “The Marksmen” for your nickname?”

[Michael cocks his right eyebrow a little.]

Michael: “The Marksmen?”

[Ashley nods her head, excitement bursting from her face as she begins to speak again.]

Ashley: “Yep, you can even do this thing.”

[Ashley lifts her arms and poses as if holding a bow and arrow, Michael can’t help but bust out laughing, causing Ashley to drop her arms looking dejected.]

Michael: “Your funny babe.”

[Just then a little blonde headed girl runs in wearing a pair of, PJ Mask pajamas, she runs straight to Michael, jumping in his lap with a huge smile on her face.]

”Marksmen Daddy!”

[Ashley smiles and nods as she plops back down on the couch, taking their son from Michael’s arm, and placing him back in her lap.]

Ashley: “Looks like your outvoted Daddy.”

[Michael lets out a loud groan as the scene fades.]

[We come back to, Michael still sitting in the stands as, Lethal Lottery comes to a close. Fans begin to shuffle out as Michael stands up and begins to back his way down to the ring area, pushing through people as they discuss the ending events of the show on the way out, many people are concerned about what will happen to the new XWF Champion, Michael however has only one thing on his mind, making an impression. Michael finally makes his way to the ring as he falls into line with the other try-outs standing around the ring, Michael looks around at his competition, feeling somewhat insecure standing by men much larger than himself, all while wondering which one of these guys might call himself the destroyer. Michael takes a deep breath in as a man with a clipboard circles around behind him.]

”Michael Archer?”

[Michael exhales as his name is called, he turns around to face the man with the clipboard, who has a puzzled look on his face.]

”The Marksmen?”

[Michael nods sheepishly as the man shrugs his shoulders, and nods toward the ring, signaling Michael to hop in. Michael turns and slides into the ring taking note of his opponent for the try out, already in the ring. The man announced as “Big Bad John” is rather large standing at six foot eight inches, and weighing almost four hundred pounds from the look of him, he is wearing a black singlet ala Big Show.]

”Alright fellas, let’s see what you got.”

[John charges at Michael who throws a right hand to his chest to no effect, as Big Bad John pushes Michael into the corner, raining down lefts and rights on his head. Michael manages to slip out in between John’s legs quickly turning to face the back of his opponent and delivering a sharp kick to the back of his knee which John shakes off with a grunt, the two men lock up as John throws Archer to the ground with relative ease. As Michael is down he looks over toward a table at ringside, he sees three men sitting at the table taking notes, Michael takes note of a tall blonde headed man sitting behind them in a three piece suit. John goes to pick Michael up by the hair, but Michael pushes him backwards, and jumps in the air hitting the “X Marks The Spot” Successfully taking the big man down, Michael goes for the cover as the Ref counts.]

[John kicks out as Michael mouths the word “Fuck” under his breath. Michael sees up and turns back to the table at ringside, noticing the judges talking amongst themselves, seemingly uninterested in the action in the ring, the man behind them however has his eyes fixated on the ring. Michael gets up, as does John, John swings at Michael with a wild clothesline, but Michael ducks wrapping his arm around the back of John’s and throwing a leg over his opponent’s locking in an abdominal stretch, Michael wrenches the hold in as John has no choice but to tap out. Michael releases the hold and drops to his hands and knees, feeling a bit fatigued after the match, Michael eventually rolls out of the ring, and stands in front of the table of scouts. Much to Michael’s chagrin none of the three men bother looking up at him, apparently not to impress by his efforts, Michael stands there for what feels like an uncomfortable amount of time before dropping his shoulders in defeat, before he can walk away however he feels a hand grab him, turning around Michael sees the aforementioned tall blonde man standing behind him in a three piece suit.]

”Michael Archer Juinor right? The Marksmen?”

[Michael nods, not sure who this man is standing in front of him, the man chuckles, easing Michael’s nerves a little.]

”I love it. Ross Smith, talent scout for XWF.”

[Ross extends his hand which Michael meets, they shake hands before Michael turns back to the table behind him wondering why Ross isn’t sitting with what he assumed were the scouts, Ross gestures for Michael to ignore them with his free hand.]

Ross: :Don’t worry about them, trust me I outrank all three of those guys, they wouldn’t know talent if it bit them on the nose.”

[Michael looks back at Ross, and smiles feeling a little more secure now that someone is actually talking to him.]

Ross: “Hell of a match kid, Abdominal Stretch? I haven’t seen that move in ages.”

[Michael gives a shy smirk and looks down at the ground feeling a little embarrassed.]

Michael: “Yeah...It was my father’s big move.”

[Ross’s eyebrows raise, looking intrigued.]

Ross: “Are you telling me your father was, “The Great” Michael Archer?”

[Michael looks back up at Ross confused as Ross smiles.]

Ross: “I used to work in New York, your father was one of Big Apple Wrestling’s major attraction’s back in the day,”

[Michael gives a half smile and nods.]

Ross: “So how would you like to try your hand at being a major attraction for the XWF?”

[Michael looks at Ross in disbelief, but before he can answer Ross puts a finger in the air cutting him off.]

Ross: “Now don’t get me wrong, XWF has some of the best Wrestlers known worldwide, but I saw something special in you out there tonight, and if you’ve got half the attitude your father had, well then I’m sure you’ll be able to hold your own against anyone in that win.

[Michael gives a confident nod as a cocky sort of smirk flashes across his face, causing Ross’s smile to grow.]

Ross: “Well then, let’s make it official.”

[Ross extends his right hand as the two men shake again.]

Ross: “We’ll be in touch.”

[With that Ross walks away, Michael starts to head for the door, as he does he pulls out his cellphone, pressing a few buttons before putting it to his ear, second later he hears a voice on the other end.]

Michael: “Good news Babe.”

[with that the scene fades.]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like michaelarcherjr's post:
(12-05-2019), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (12-05-2019), Atticus Gold (12-05-2019), Madison Dyson (12-05-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (12-05-2019), Theo Pryce (12-05-2019)