Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 04:33 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » Lethal Lottery V RP Board
This little light....
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

11-21-2019, 05:55 PM

MORE RECAP!
One of the ways Madison Dyson has been seeking to undermine Lux involved a partnership with Joachim Bright's ex-boyfriend Trey. Trey came to Madison with a plan to get at Lux through Corey, but what that plan was explicitly was unknown. However, Trey's endgame was to destroy Lux, because Joachim had become romantically involved with her (and Corey by proxy), and Trey wanted Joachim back.

But now, with Joachim dead, what becomes of Trey's involvement? And just what was his plan anyway?

Also, last time, the sentient DRW built virus inside of Lux and Corey revealed itself to be a new Engineer, and it has one goal...to break Lux on behalf of the unholy cabal of Aiwass, Shane , Madison Dyson, and Unknown Soldier. What more destruction can this techno-organic parasite wreak? Find out...nowish.

Madison Dyson is seen sitting on a leather couch in a modest looking apartment. In front of her is a glass coffee table with some magazines splayed on top of it. She casually picks one up (it's a copy of Out) and drops it in her lap as she pulls her phone out of her purse, finds a contact and jams her finger on the call button.

From somewhere off camera, we here a faint shuffling, accompanied by men's voices.

Just grab the legs, grab the legs!

I'm not cleaning this shit up....

Just shut the fuck up and lift!

Madison casts an irritated look off camera. I'm on THE PHONE!

Sorry....

Returning to her call, she starts flipping through the magazine. Finally, someone answers after the third ring.

What? Rox, Corey Smith's new girlfriend and occasional party time pal answers icily.

Madison smacks her lips sarcastically. Well aren't you Miss Stank. “What?” Might wanna take some of that bass outta your voice. Madison's lips suddenly part into a surprised “oh” as she flips through the magazine and stops on a full page shirtless spread of James Raven, with the words "Champion LGBTQ Ally (and the abs aren't bad either!)" emblazoned across the top. Biting down on her bottom lip, she mouths “damn” and holds it aloft.

You and I don't have any more business together, Madison. You let your dog off his leash and he killed Joachim. We're done. Rox's voice bit through the phone.

With an annoyed grunt, Madison's drops James' oiled pecs back into her lap and returns her full attention to the call. Okay, first of all, Soldier killing Joachim wasn't MY call. You think I control that guy? Nobody controls that guy.

There's some more jostling off camera, and it seems to be getting closer. A man grunts nearby as though hoisting a load.

Whatever. It doesn't matter who called the shot. He's dead. Getting Joachim back was all Trey wanted, and I was doing this for Trey. No Joachim, no deal. We have nothing left to talk about.

Yeeeaahhhhh, see that's where you're wrong. I had a feeling Trey had already contacted you about this.

I'm hanging up with you and calling Trey. Goodbye Madison.

I don't think you should waste your time. Madison retorts ominously. Just then, two of Madison's Blackwater security grunts carry a black body bag through the living room. It seems to have been dipped in some blood, because it's leaving a trail of bright crimson along the rug as they muscle it past. Rox has been quiet for a series of tense seconds when Madison prods her. You still there?

What the fuck did you do to Trey?

Me personally? Nothing!

A disgusted chortle can be heard. Don't you fucking....!

No, “don't you fucking”, “DON'T YOU FUCKING!” Madison sits forward and screams into the phone. I think you have some seriously misguided thoughts on where you fit into all this. So let me fill you in on the reality of the situation. Joachim or no Joachim, you WILL stick to the plan! You WILL continue to play with Corey's winky and fill him up with drugs and just generally be the leather jacket wearing bad influence sex fantasy he wants you to be. Because NOT doing those things will have extremely DELETERIOUS effects on your health and well being and the health and well being of everyone you have ever loved! Capiche?! She stops to catch a breath. Deleterious was on my Word a Day calendar, been waiting all day to use it.

….

I can't hear you!

Fine.

Fine what?

Fine. I'll stick to the plan. Rox breathes her response into the phone, defeated.

Damn right you will. Madison stabs her finger on the hang up button and returns her attention to James Raven. Got some plans for you tonight, stud muffin. She rolls up the magazine and dumps it in her purse before lifting herself up off the couch and heading for the door. As she moves, the view swings around to reveal the kitchen area just beyond the living room. It's covered in spurts of bloody arterial spray. Dyson doesn't even stop to consider the carnage as she passes through the front door, slamming it shut behind her.

LATER THAT DAY....

Corey Smith laid on a soiled mattress in the drafty attic of a Reno trap house and reflected on how great he felt. He felt warm and snug and happy. Certainly miles away from the fact that one of his friends was just sacrificed on live television last week. And miles away from the approaching storm that was Lux's shame and disappointment that Corey was once again using their body as a glorified biohazard dumpster.

The awareness of those things was lurking in the background, for sure. But trusty, trusty heroin was always there to stop reality from being just a little TOO real. Corey gigged at the thought of heroin serving as a bouncer at a night club shaped like his head. An animated needle with googly eyes sticking a reproachful hand out at a scowling Lux as she tries to get in. “Not on the guest list!” Heroin declares! His googly eyes spin, one clockwise and the other counter clockwise and Corey giggles again.

He was vaguely aware that Rox had been in to check on him like 5 minutes ago. Or maybe five hours ago. He slowly turned his head to look out the broken window. It was dark now. When did that happen? He sighs and shifts his body to extricate himself from a spring stabbing into his ass cheek.

Boy it was warm in here.

Hey kid!

It took Corey a few moments to realize that the voice was talking to him. With an effort, he pulls himself up on his elbows. The room spins a bit in reply, and he forces his eyes shut and back open to get things to stand still. A young man, black but with a light skin tone and a series of braids threading his scalp like lapping ocean waves is sitting on the end of the mattress. Corey hadn't even heard him come in, and he imagined this would concern him under other circumstances.

...the fuck are you...? He slurred.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F....50-AM.jpg]

Your friend. The newcomer replied.

I'm not suckin' your dick for coke.... Corey's head lolled a bit as the room roiled.

It's ok. You don't look like you could suck for shit anyway.

Who the fuck are you.....?

A hallucination, perhaps?

Wrong kind of drugs, asshole. Corey's body started to tense up. This shithead was harshing his buzz. He looked around for some kind of weapon to use, but there wasn't much. Nothing aside from the spent needle on the edge of the mattress. But it looked so far away....

You don't want to hurt me. I'm here to help.

Stay outta my bum. Corey flopped unceremoniously towards the needle, fingers splayed out to take hold of it. But all he succeeded in doing was slipping, knocking the needle to the floor and burying his face in a stain that smelled like old piss. Fuck.

The boy on the edge of the mattress chuckled. Relax Corey. I'm here to do you a favor. I'm here to tell you the truth about Lux.

Corey's heart metaphorically stopped. Even through his drug induced haze, the realization of what was happening was clear as crystal. He shot up quickly, too quickly. The room spun wildly and he suddenly felt like he was going to puke. Frantically trying to drag himself to his feet he sputters, You're The Engineer! You're The Engineer! He willed himself to get to his feet, trying to picture roots growing out through the soles of his shoes into the floor to give himself purchase. But when he tries to stand he finds himself on his hands and knees on the barren wooden floor. And then, he's vertical, and that preternaturally symmetrical tattooed face is in HIS face, locking hands with him. Corey's body feels hotter now, too hot, like a fire lit within has unmoored itself from it's pyre and started to roam unchecked and hungry.

Please....stop....

He starts to become aware that The Engineer is propping him up, dancing with him. Twirling and swinging him about with a horrible effortlessness. Give me a moment of your time, precious. Where else do you have to be?

No....NO! Corey finally wrenches one of his hands free and plants it on The Engineer's face. He pushes away and falls....falls....falls forever....

...until he lands on a cheap plastic seat in a demonic looking carnival ride car. What the fuck?! Corey looks about frantically, but sees only darkness. Suddenly, twin orbs of fire spring to life, illuminating a yawning skull before him. The safety bar on the cart slams shut against his thighs and the car shudders to life, pulling forward into the open mouth.

[Image: 10205732424_1bbbd9de34_z.jpg]

Corey fights frantically, trying to pull the bar up. Just then, the young light skinned man with the tangle of dreads leans forward from the seat behind him, mere inches from Corey's face. This time his eyes were shapeless black pits. Pearlescent white teeth cut the darkness, disclosed from beneath an unnaturally wide serrated grin. Relax and enjoy the ride Corey Smith.

Eerie red lights flicker on overhead, disclosing a closed straightforward track. To the left is a long red curtain. Corey cranes about to look at The Engineer, or what he presumed was The Engineer. What is this? What do you want?! He tries one more time to get his hands up and under the safety bar to lift it up, but fails again. Where's Lux?!

I've closed Lux out.

You can't do that!

Nonetheless.... The Engineer hissed. He reaches up and takes hold of Corey's shoulders, nodding his own head in the direction of the curtain. I worked hard on this, Corey.

The massive curtain parts, revealing a scene that looks like a twisted version of Disney's famous Hall of Presidents. Staggered on the stage are grotesque caricatures of human beings, and it takes Corey a minute of studying them to realize why they look so familiar. They're all former Universal Champions.

One of these Uncanny Valley horrors staggers to life, a clunky automaton that barely resembles even a reasonable facsimile of life. It's Chris Chaos. His body is emaciated and sagging, and where a face should be there is instead a television monitor set deep into his skull. The edges of the implant are puckered and infected, running pus down the sides of his head. At first, the monitor displays his face, but it soon transitions into a series of edgy, but ultimately hollow imagery, topped off by a simple placard that pathetically says “Please pay attention to me.”

Corey grimaces with disgust at the sight. Why are you showing me this?

So we can see how Lux stacks up.

...what?

A light from above suddenly highlights Bruce Blingsteen. His mouth is engorged with rusted colored metal that juts out from his cheeks and chin through bleeding holes. He is nude, and his body is smooth and androgynous, and where genitals should be is simply an empty blackened burn.

Just as soon as the light shuts off above him, another light turns on and we bear witness to a formless mass of fat. The blubber sags and pools into blackened necrotic flaps of skin that billow out onto the floor. The bulbous protrusion on top is wearing a luchadore mask, clearly a replica of Robbie Bourbon's. The head's animatronic jaw works open. “Hey kid, want a championship?”

Corey shakes his head, aghast at the sheer strangeness of it all. What is the point of this?!

Next to be highlighted is a muscle bound man who seems to be collapsed in on himself. Huddled in a tight ball, a mockery of Jim Caedus shields his frightened face from the world. What we can see of his expression is warped into a terse terrorized look of fear. His arms are scabby with self inflicted scratches, and his head buzzes as it jerks this way and that. Tired eyes sunk deep in blackened pockets look upon a world of nonstop plots and betrayal. His mouth opens and out spews a stream of paranoid psychotic nonsense that all bleeds together like so much word salad.

Enough! Corey pounds on the bar. Let me out you piss stain!

He's about to roll right into another litany of profanities when the next terrible visage stops him in his tracks. It's Dexter Bright highlighted next, held aloft in a hospital bed. His body looks like a skeleton with flesh stretched thin and tight over the bone. The flesh is pock marked, bruised and bleeding. Dexter's mouth hangs open slackly, drool pouring down freely over his bottom lip accompanied by a wet splattering sound as the colostomy bag sewn into the skin of his leg fills with fresh loose stools. Corey recoils at this and his anger renews. FUCK YOU! YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!

But The Engineer simply sits back in his seat, a wry contented smile on his face as the ride plugs along. More and more monstrous portrayals of former champions race past. A twisted demonic effigy of Dr. Louis D'Ville, Eli James looking like a still born half man, half buzzard, Morbid Angel rebuilt to look like a blasphemy with wings made of penises, bleeding freely over his shoulders and chest from the dick tips.

Finally, the ride lurches to an aburpt halt. Corey sits, numb and uncomprehending. His teeth grit so hard you can hear them grinding against each other like a mill. The Engineer leans forward again, whispering into Corey's ear. Do you think Lux deserves to be here, Corey? Are these her people....these monsters? These pathetic aberrations?

Corey says nothing, so The Engineer slams a palm down on the side of the ride car with a thunderous clap. Well?!

What do you want me to say? Corey replies with equal parts bitterness and defeat. Huh? That she's somehow like them? We both know that's not true.

You think so? The Engineer reaches up to massage Corey's shoulders. Corey tries to buck him and pull away, but he's held fast by the bar about his thighs. I told you I was going to help you. That was no lie. Lux isn't the saint you think she is.

How do you figure?

She won't let you go, Corey.

Corey bursts into laughter. No shit, asshole! We share the same body!

But you don't have to.

The boy pulls his lips together into a thin line. Let me out.

You don't have to share the same body with Lux. You don't have to share at all!

I have absolutely no reason to believe anything you say!

The Engineer persists, undaunted. Do you know who Wylie Sinclair is?

Corey rolls his eyes. Yes, what's your point?!

So you know that Lux and Wylie devised a means months ago whereby he could grow her a cloned body that could house her consciousness, leaving you free to live your life.

Corey tenses visibly. I...fuck off man.

“Fuck off man.” The Engineer mocks. Spoken like a boy in true denial. Whatever happened with that plan? Did you even know about it?

Corey stays silent.

Really? He points past Corey's head, and suddenly, through the pitch blackness, a movie screen sputters to life in front of them. Let's remind you and all the gentle viewers at home what I'm talking about.

[Image: OrderlyThunderousGreathornedowl-small.gif]

The film crackles and pops in black and white like something out of an old Nickolodeon, but the scene is from as recent as mere months ago. Lux's entire conversation with Wylie Synclair plays out as they discuss Wylie obtaining a blood sample from Lux's younger self in this time line, and using it to generate a clone of her that could be aged to adulthood in a few months time. An act that would allow Lux to separate from Corey for good, leaving them both to live lives free of each other.

The film suddenly freezes at the conclusion of the scene, holding still on an image of Lux within Corey's body. Corey stared at the image of his own face, jaw working and fists bunched at his sides. But again, he says nothing.

Lux never followed up on that, did she?

I don't know.

You'd think that's something she would share with you, right? Kind of a big deal.

….

….right?

I know what you're trying to do.

I know that YOU know. You're not a dumb kid, Corey. Of course I want to fuck up this cozy relationship you have with the homicidal bitch who wants to kill my creators. But you see, this is one of those inconvenient intersections between my motives being plain as day.... The Engineer gives Corey's shoulders one last squeeze before letting go. ….and me also being right. Lux does NOT have your best interests at heart, Corey. And for as much as she likes to drag guys like Unknown Soldier and Shane for being human scum, is she really all that much better? The solution to your independence is RIGHT THERE and she has done nothing about it. Nothing.

I don't know that!

Yes...you....do.. She hasn't pulled the trigger on this sci-fi brain swap plan of hers because she's selfish and she doesn't want to risk losing you. Because her OBSESSION with you clouds her judgement and makes her stupid and evil. In short, Corey, she may not look as monstrous as all those guys back there...she might be wearing your angel face on the outside....but in the end, that tainted legacy of corrupt Universal Champions would sure as SHIT continue with her at the helm.

Corey looks down at his lap, clearly at a loss for words. But then, something draws his attention back to the movie screen. Oddly, the screen starts bowing outward from the middle, like an unchecked growth. The Engineer growls from behind him as the screen continues to expand more and more. Corey throws his hands in front of his face just before it shatters....and LUX explodes from the debris!

COREY! Let's go!

Shooting a look behind him, he sees that The Engineer is gone, and so is the lap bar that had been restraining him.

Lux extends a hand towards him. I'm taking over. All Corey can bring himself to do is nod his head and place his hand in hers before they both are pulled out of their collective consciousness and back into the real.

Later...Back To Reality....

Lux lays in bed in yet another hotel room, trying to steady her vision and ride out the after effects of Corey's drug use. She could honestly only half remember how she got back, vague recollections of stumbling out of that house, a brief verbal confrontation with Rox, and a bus...and then....here....

Reaching for a glass of water at her bedside, she drains it greedily. Corey appears next to her as she replaces the glass on the nightstand.

I'm sorry Lux.

Don't. Just...not right now. She mutters, averting her eyes. She stares into the inky blackness of the television screen across the way. Naturally, only one reflection is seen in its depths. I'm taking over until Lethal Lottery. You've left me no choice.

It hurts, Lux. The boy replies softly.

Lux instinctively knows what he's referring to. I know. But for God's sake Corey, you're going to get us killed. And then, after a pause. I miss him too.

Corey walks to the front of the bed now, putting himself back squarely in her sights. But there was something The Engineer said....

Don't listen to him. He's a liar Corey, a PARASITE....

Yeah, yeah, I get it! A touch of frustration impugns his tone. But, even still....that plan you made with Wylie? Remember? You were going to get a new body? What did ever happen with that?

Lux recoiled inwardly, but knew she had to offer up something. It's progressing. The answer sounded weak, even to her ears. Naturally, Corey presses the issue.

Ok, but what does that MEAN?

Returning Corey's stare, she replies honestly. Wylie got the blood sample he needed two months ago.

Well....ok! The slightest hint of a smile appears. So you'll have a new body soon....right?

A tightness formed in Lux's chest as the hurt registered. The boy sounded so hopeful at the prospect of their separation. I told him to wait.

Corey's features dipped into a deep, uncomprehending frown. What? Why?!

Seriously?! Corey.... Lux breathed....you are a MESS!

He sat on the end of the bed, the confusion and anger in his face only intensifying. Okay, yeah, right! I've been fucking up! I own that! But that doesn't give you the right to not give me my life back!

Corey, what ever happened to “we're in this together”? “My fight is your fight!” Try as she might, she couldn't keep the hurt out of her voice.

I meant those things! I did! But I can help you even better if I was ME again! Just...me.

Lux swallowed deep against the ache in her throat. She started to say something else, but Corey plunged ahead. I need you to be honest with me. Did you hold up the process because you think I'm unstable or because you love me and don't want to let me go?

And there it was. In the wide open. She searched her feelings, plumbed their depths for raw truth and found herself questioning the answer she thought she knew. Corey picked up on the flicker of hesitation. Jesus, Lux.... And then he was gone.

Corey...wait! I.... she found herself calling out to an empty room. I just want you to be safe. Silence continued to reign, Corey had fully retreated back inside their shared consciousness, turning away from everything outside. Lux swatted the glass off the night stand, sending it flying end over end until it crashed against the wall, splintering everywhere. Damn it....

Later....

Lux appears in bright white surroundings, the light just shy of being painfully luminescent. She's dressed in what looks like a black stealth suit of sorts, its sleekness an effective counterpoint to the environment. Corey's hair has been pulled back out of her eyes, looking slick and straightened.

Soldier, I need you to understand what kind of hate I have for you.

Lux stands stock still, looking right into the camera.

I know what kind of hate you WANT me to have, and I'm here to disappoint you. Let's get that out of the way straight off. You want me to have the kind of hate that makes me sloppy and distracted. It's why you and Shane and Madison have come at me from all angles, inundated me with so much tragedy. From sticking this virus in my head, to killing Joachim, to the mind games and attacks Madison has been perpetrating on me for months. You've been trying to stoke a fire into an uncontrolled burn. And your efforts would work on 99% of people.

But I'm not 99% of people. I'm Lux.

Now I'm not going to sit here and profess to be UNAFFECTED by your efforts. That would be a lie. I'm not like the Chris Page's of the world, I'm not some bumbling bloviating narcissist denying the reality just outside my front door. What you did to Joachim HURT. What Madison has done HURT. The Engineer HURTS.
She pats her chest. I HURT. Corey HURTS.

And yeah, you've pissed me off and made one hell of a run at wearing me down. Anyone else would have been an out of control blaze by now. But my fire always burns controlled, Soldier. It's the downside to facing someone who's seen as much tragedy as I have. And no, this isn't some cry for sympathy. I know I'm not getting anything like that from you. Nor would I even want it. No, it's an explanation.

Because when you've been through as much shit as I have, when your entire natural life has been a war fought through not only your own eyes, but the eyes of countless others, tragedy starts to become the norm. It starts to become white noise. It becomes like....a callous, a protective shell against MORE suffering. Now, I'll never say I'm indifferent to hurt. Because quite frankly that would make me the same kind of monster you are. But I'm used to it. And consequently, the anger I feel is always there and always in check. It never goes away. The disgust and the discontent is always there, just beneath the surface because there are always....ALWAYS....assholes like you eager to step up and try to shock me anew with your depravity.

But you see, it stopped being shocking for me a long time ago. Hell, it's why I've adapted to this insane asylum as well as I have! Nothing about the XWF truly dazes me. It turns out you can be appalled by something without being especially surprised by it.

So this hate that I have for you? It's focused hate. It's not sloppy. It's not random. It's a laser sight on a gun that you, in your infinite kindness, have honed to pinpoint accuracy for me. The day you plunged that knife into Joachim's chest is the day you loaded all six chambers, handed me the revolver and offered to go first in a game of Russian Roulette.

And I realize this is probably something new to you, at least in this go round. Because up until you faced me you've been getting lobbed soft balls during your championship run. Robert Main was probably the softest of all. You want to talk about shook? Guy practically wrote a public suicide note after he lost that title. And you correctly assumed that it was going to take a hell of a lot more to throw me off than it did Main. The only thing you didn't count on was that it was also a hell of a lot more than even you could dish out.

I'm going to reiterate myself, Soldier. Maybe for posterity or maybe to once more warn the viewers at home who will be spending their hard earned money on Lethal Lottery. I am going to kill you. This isn't going to go to a bell, or a raised hand. You don't live to shock and offend another day. It just ends. Everything you are just ends. Shane 's era ends. It dies with you. And the XWF will enter a golden age where things like hope and decency matter. Where cynicism and casual cruelty become something to be fought against rather than simply accepted as part of the package. I'm not so naïve as to think that I'll completely stamp out evil in the XWF. But I'm going to let it be known that it won't be tolerated anymore. What YOU are won't be tolerated anymore!

And I'm not going away either. I'm not some fly by night grandstander like the Robbie Bourbon's and Robert Main's of the world shouting to the rooftops about truth, justice and the American way....so long as they get to be at the top of the card. Who I am and what I stand for does not start and stop with being Universal Champion. I won't be champion forever. But while I am, I'm going to set a precedent for what it MEANS to be champion going forward, and I'm going to show each and every single person that inks an XWF contract that you don't have to sell your soul or be some self serving prick to get ahead. You don't need to scrape the bottom of the metaphorical barrel and be some running cheap shock joke to get attention.

Dignity MATTERS. Grace MATTERS. Decency MATTERS.

But, like many major changes...there are growing pains. This evolution will be born in blood. YOUR blood, Soldier. I only hope that it's the last that needs to be spilled. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but we both know that just beating you isn't enough to get the madness to stop. And it's not enough of a deterrent for others of your ilk. Thankfully, fear is one big ass bitch of a motivator.

The world needs hope. It needs to look on something good and true and see that things can be better. Because these are dark times, and getting darker by the minute. I just want to be a little light.

Lux offers up a thin smile before turning away from the camera and walking into the light. Eventually, the brightness flares to a white hotness, and when it relents, she's gone.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 5 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Atara Raven (11-21-2019), Ned Kaye (11-22-2019), Noah Jackson (11-22-2019), Theo Pryce (11-23-2019), Thunder Knuckles™ (11-21-2019)