Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 06-15-2024, 09:49 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
Respect & Disrespect
B.O.B. D Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Mixed

(loved by some; hated by some; dips between clean/dirty)

11-08-2019, 07:20 PM

One pin away.

That's the entire story of this business.
Some people are one pin away from the biggest break of their career, while others are one pin away from fading into obscurity.

On the June 19th edition of Warfare, I was one pin away from both. Nobody believed I deserved to be there, rather giving all the credit to Vinnie Lane and Sarah Lacklan for a victory I led MY team to. As far as they were concerned, Robert Main was going to eat me alive and send my ass back down to the bottom of the card where everyone thought I belonged. He was just one pin away.

That night, I was one pin away from becoming the Universal Champion and shutting up all those who doubted me. The losses I'd had up to that point, the fact Vinnie & Lacklan stole my spotlight at War Games; it would all be forgotten if I could just walk away with that belt.

There WAS one pin that happened that night, but it was neither me pinning Main nor him pinning me, for there was another in the match. Thanks to them, Robert Main was able to retain his Championship without completely derailing my career in the process. Because there was a third wheel in the match, I lost my Title opportunity without even being put down for the 3 count. While that may be the way this business goes, I have never forgiven that person for costing me the biggest opportunity of my career.

And now I was stuck with them as my next Lethal Lottery partner...........

"Donovan Blackwater."

There I stood, post-Savage with the TV strap over my shoulder, glancing over next show's card. I was drenched in a cold sweat, despite having already showered after mine and Fuzz's victory. While there were certainly much worse people to be teamed with than Donovan Blackwater, like the guy my previous partner got paired with, it didn't put my mind at ease. Which Blackwater was gonna show up? The former Champion who I believed to be a force to be reckoned with upon my arrival, or the one who couldn't even obtain a fake briefcase at Leap of Faith?......

"Big D?"

My night had been going great up to this point. Not only was I advancing to the next Round, but I also retained my TV Title in the process. Apparently the night could only be so great, as Steve Sayors' presence was only adding fuel to the shit fire of having to team with Blackwater.

"Let me guess," I began before turning around to face the interviewer. "You want to know my thoughts about teaming with Donovan Blackwater, a man who I've made known my dislike for on a variety of occasions?"

Steve seemed taken aback at first, but quickly responded with a stupid smile and an anxious nod.

"And you're probably curious how I feel about facing the man I teamed with last round, right?!" I continued, my energy level slowly rising.

The grin on Sayors' ugly face grew wider with anticipation, almost as if he knew he was about to hit the jackpot of his broadcast journalism career.

"You'd probably like me to finish it off with a few comments about Amjetkun Socio, just to put the cherry on the Lethal Lottery sundae, right?!?!" I exclaimed, my intensity going through the roof. I was full of all kinds of emotion and was ready to let the entire world know exactly how I felt.

Steve Sayors looked like an example of the face your mom tells you not to make or it'll get stuck that way. Each end of his mouth was touching his ears and his eyes bulged out like he was some type of crazy ass bug. He was shaking in his shoes waiting for me to give the interview of a lifetime, and I was gonna give it to him.

"I'm not happy about teaming with Blackwater, Steve!" I announced to the world, a proclamation that honestly suited most of the random team-ups in this tournament. "If you want my honest opinion, I think he's lazy and doesn't apply himself when it matters."

Steve looked shocked by my words, knowing this probably wasn't the smartest thing to say about someone I needed to have watching my back. I disagreed.

"He cost me the Universal Championship!" I continued, perspiration dripping down my burning red face. "I don't know what he was doing leading up to our match, but it obviously wasn't preparing and certainly wasn't promoing! If Donovan spent half as much time training as he does playing superhero, he might have made something of himself by now! I've accomplished just as much as he has in the mere months I've been here. Xtreme Champion, Television Champion, we both won War Games......... the only difference is I didn't let Robert Main pin me like a little bitch during the biggest match of my career!"

Steve's mouth was wide open, practically salivating at the controversy I was starting up.

"When I first arrived here, I thought Donovan Blackwater was the gold standard," I admitted, ashamed to have ever believed that. "I saw guys like him and wondered if I could ever beat them when the time came. And while I've never had a one on one match with Donovan, I can assure you I'm light-years ahead of him. Big D IS the gold standard, not any of the Blackwaters, not Mastermind, neither Fuzz nor Amjetkun Socio.......ME!!!!! That's why I'm constantly up for Star of the Month, it's why Vinnie's giving me an Internet Title shot on Anarchy despite already holding a singles belt; because if anyone is on the brink of stardom, it's Big D!!!!!"

"This tournament may be about entertaining the fans by pairing up people who don't get along, but it's also about discovering the next big thing......."

I paused a moment to slap my chest in alpha male fashion, ready to throw down with anybody who disagreed with me.

"I AM the next big thing! Big is in my fucking name, and I'm not gonna let anybody keep me from punching my Lethal Lottery ticket to headline a future Pay-per-view. Not Donovan Blackwater, and certainly not Fuzz or Amjetkun Socio!!!!"

I could feel the vein in my head throb harder than Shane anytime he steps foot into a bathroom. It may have been harsh to throw my partner under the bus like I had, but it was how I felt. The door was now open for him to prove me wrong. Regardless of how I felt about Blackwater, I was willing to work with him as long as he gave it his all. Because I damn sure was gonna give it mine.

"Speaking of Fuzz and Amjetkun Socio," Steve interjected, talking for the first time since saying my name. "THEY are your opponents for this next round of Lethal Lottery and, after what you had to say about your partner, I'm sure everyone's curious to hear your thoughts about them!"

"Are you ready for some Cold, Big D Truth, Steve?" I asked, ready to tear them down brick by brick. "There's been some rumors floatin' around and it's about time Big D sets them straight! I do NOT associate with Amjetkun Socio! I don't know him, I've never hung out with him, I've never spoken to him, and I DAMN SURE have never purchased steroids from him!!!!"

I gave my TV Title, a belt that Lux was true in claiming I actually cared about, a proud pat on the gold and puffed my chest.

"I won this Championship fair and square!" I boasted. "I didn't need to cheat, and I didn't have to take any shortcuts.....................buying the Title shot aside, of course....."

I nervously chuckled and rubbed the back on my neck, awkwardly, like I was fucking Krillin from Dragonball Z. But I wasn't, thankfully, I'm not the one who gets owned I'm the one doin' the ownin'! Quickly, my tone shifted back to serious.

"Mr. Socio needs steroids because he knows he's nothing without 'em," I spit out. "It's no secret that the only reason he's been winning is because of his performance enhancers. And despite all those muscles, he's probably packing a little smokey for a dick! One can only assume that's why you never see any women around him, willingly, anyway. Hell, Vita Valenteen wouldn't even touch him and that slut let Noah Jackson inside of her! Though, based on his antics in the showers, I get the feeling Thaddeus Duke is moreso Amjetkun's type, anyway."

Like the prick I was, I balled my hand into a fist, held it near my mouth, and made a dick sucking motion. I laughed as Steve facepalmed, most likely offended I made fun of his sexual preference. It didn't matter, I was gonna do everything I could(steroids aside) to ensure mine and Blackwater's victory. If that meant lighting a fire under my partner's ass, as well as getting inside our opponents' heads, so be it.

"I'm not worried about Amjetkun Socio," I stated, a smug look on my face. "Brawn can only get him so far. He may have the size and strength advantage, but I've got the brains and I'm already using 'em before our match has even begun! Those massive quads, pecs, biceps, and triceps are only going to weigh him down like an anchor to a ship. If he's smart, he'll use the Fuzz strategy of not tagging in and let his partner do all the work. Otherwise, there's no chance of him advancing to the next round."

"On the subject of Fuzz," Steve said after I finished my statement. "What are your thoughts on facing the man who you were just teaming with?"

I let out a chuckle at the ridiculous question Sayors had just asked.

"It's not like I'm fighting my mother, Steve," I replied, rolling my eyes. "We got drunk one time and were one off partners. It wasn't the first time I've drank with someone I didn't like, and it probably won't be the last. Same goes for teaming. I haven't forgotten who took my Xtreme Title, nor did I forget all the shit he talked about me. Whether it was having to 'carry me' or the lack of credit for ANY belt I've ever won; I'm gonna make Fuzz eat his words, as well as his teeth, once the next Savage comes around."

"Fuzz may not respect me, but I really don't care," I continued with a slight shrug. "We managed to win despite this and now find ourselves on opposite sides of the ring, as it should be. Do you honestly think I WANT the respect of someone who has to hide in a panic room to avoid defending his Title?!?! Hell no!!!! The moment I heard his cowardly plan to not tag in, I wondered why the fuck he was even IN Lethal Lottery to begin with! All he kept talking about was how he was gonna carry me, which I thought was funny because it's hard to carry anything when you're cowering on the outside, hoping your partner can do it all himself. And while Fuzz eventually came out of his shell, it wasn't without a little push from the D. Who was carrying who at that rate?"

The look on Steve's face gave me the impression he agreed with my comments. And why shouldn't he, or anyone else for that matter? I was simply stating fact.

"And while I'm talking about carrying people, the way Fuzz carries HIMSELF is an embarrassment! Every step he takes, every move he makes, he just doesn't care what people think of him. The guy's a fucking Champion, as well as a Legend, but you'd never know it by the way he portrays himself. You'd think as a 24/7 Champion, he'd WANT to defend his belt against all comers, rather than isolate himself in his safe place like some sort of pussy millennial. It's no wonder he was raggin' on me so much about my 24/7 belts, it's just too much for him to handle. And he wonders why Vinnie won't give him an Anarchy Title shot..... why would he want the exact opposite of a fighting Champion representing his brand?! Sarah Lacklan may run her mouth all the time, but at least she is ALWAYS willing to back it up!"

I took a moment from my rant to look directly into the camera.

"And that's right, Vita, I'm addressing Lacklan as Champion, your reign is about as real as Fuzz's partner's arms!"

After my brief sidetrack, I turned back to Sayors and continued to speak my mind.

"And you know what the worst part is, Steve?" I asked, my tone shifting more towards a somber mood. "Fuzz is better than that. He's not my favorite coworker, and I would never have his back unless it benefited myself to do so. But even though he feels the need to seclude himself in order to keep his Championship, he's kicked out of every pin EVERYONE has attempted since he's won that belt......."

I didn't want to say my next words, but life was too short. The whole point of coming out of retirement was to give it my all and never quit until I had reached the top. My one last moment of glory before the final ride into the sunset. And I'd never get there if I didn't lay it all on the line, otherwise I'd be no different than Fuzz hiding from reality.

"He beat me for that belt, Steve......"

"I know."

"That should mean something."

My mood had completely swung from the beginning of the interview. The intensity had vanished into thin air, as I let them see a side of me I hid away in MY OWN safe place.

"Fuzz isn't the only person who feels disrespected around here........ I'm the hottest commodity going on in XWF today! I lost to Fuzz and that shouldn't be a bad thing! He's in the Hall of Legends and I'm not only the former Xtreme Champion, I'm the current TV Title holder, as well. Losing to Fuzz was one of the last bad things to happen to me; ever since then, I've been on the up! Fuzz may deserve an Anarchy Title shot, but I deserve a Universal one!"

"Have you all forgotten my match with Robert Main?! Do you not remember the shock and awe everyone felt when I almost came away with the upset?! Remember how bad I was? SERIOUSLY, look back to how God awful I was when I stepped foot in here; bragging about being a former World Champion in a Federation that was nothing in comparison to XWF. I was nothing. But if you look at the growth, the vast improvement I've had in the last 6 months, you'd KNOW I deserve another shot at the big one. Instead, I'm being forced to dance like a fucking puppet for the amusement of people who couldn't give a rat's ass about me or my well being. I'm stuck in a tournament to prove something I already have, with the lovely risk of being fucked over if paired with the wrong person. Had I been in Sebastian Duke's shoes, I would've walked out and taken my talents somewhere that appreciates it's hardest workers. The ones who show up EVERY week, even though they don't HAVE to, and put their bodies on the line for other people's amusement. Trying to earn their spot, all the while watching guys like Drezdin and Scully(who I beat!) get handed Universal Title shots like they were candy at Halloween."

"If winning Lethal Lottery is what I have to do, then fuck it, I'm gonna do it and NOBODY, opponents OR partners, is gonna stop me! Because that belt means more to me than anybody could ever imagine and I'll be damned if I came out of retirement for nothing!"

Something very strange happened, as Steve Sayors stepped forward and put his arms around me. I was so thrown off by it, I couldn't even bring myself to kick his ass for acting so gay.

"I respect you, Big D."

He let go, patting me on the shoulder as he did.

"And that ain't no story, it's the Cold Big D Truth......." After saying my catchphrase, he turned and walked away. It was as if he understood how I felt and had sympathy for me. As annoying as Steve was, it was nice to know someone saw the things I was doing. If you keep screaming, eventually someone is gonna hear you and tell you to 'shut the fuck up,' and that's when you scream even louder. My run through Lethal Lottery is only going to cause more people to hear me.

June 2019 XWF Superstar of the Month
2019 Relentless Fishing Contest Winner
1x XWF World Heavyweight Champion
1x bWo World Heavyweight Champion [despite what Miss Furry or James J. Dildo says]
1x NWF World Heavyweight Champion
2x XWF Xtreme Champion [current]
2x XWF TV Champion
1x XWF Internet Champion
1x NWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Slim)
1x NWF Xtreme Champion
1x NLCW Slamfest Champion
1x LCW Hardcore Champion
3x WWF X-Division Champion
1x WWF World Tag Team Champion (w/Seth Flash)
1x WWF Dark Champion
1x WWF TV Champion
1x EGW Fury Champion
3x XWF Federweight Champion
4x XWF Heavymetalweight Champion
1x 420* Cruiserweight Champion
2x CMW Hardcore Champion
1x XHW T.V. Champion
1x WXC Hardcore Champion
1x XPW U.S. Champion
1x WLFC Tag Team Champion w/Chance
1x WWC T.V. Champion
1x WWC European Champion
1x WWF 24/7Hardcore Champion
2x WLFC 24/7 Hardcore Champion

pin
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 6 users Like B.O.B. D's post:
(11-08-2019), Noah Jackson (11-08-2019), Peter Fn Gilmour (11-09-2019), The Brothers Blackwater (11-08-2019), Theo Pryce (11-16-2019), Tony Santos (11-08-2019)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates B.O.B. D's post!
Vita Frickin Valenteen (11-08-2019)