Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-24-2024, 02:17 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Poll: RPOTM Nominees
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lux
36.36%
4 36.36%
Fuzz
9.09%
1 9.09%
Robert Main
0%
0 0%
Unknown Soldier
27.27%
3 27.27%
Sarah Lacklan
0%
0 0%
Kenzi Grey
18.18%
2 18.18%
Other
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! RP of the Month (September 2019)
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-30-2019, 10:59 AM

Please vote for which RP you feel deserves RPOTM.

Don't like our picks? Select other and name the RP you feel deserves it.

If you haven't voted for SOTM yet, do so HERE.

And if you've seen any good quotes please send them in HERE.

Thank you.

Lux - The Ghost of You: Part 1
Fuzz - I Fucking Hate Miami
Robert Main - The past is everything I failed to be
Unknown Soldier - Vinnie Lane Rapes Fun!
Sarah Lacklan - Relentless
Kenzi Grey - Kenzi Grey-Lacklan

[Image: SAksQ2K.jpeg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Steve_Justice Offline
The Anarchist

XWF FanBase:
Traditionalists

(has an old school wrestling mentality; no nonsense; less appealing to some younger fans)

09-30-2019, 12:23 PM

Lux. Not even close in my mind. This is one of the best things I've read in my time here. Amazing character development; great scene setting and some good trash talk. It's a great piece of writing and you should go read it.

[Image: zdU7TYol.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve_Justice's post:
Atticus Gold (09-30-2019), Corey Smith (09-30-2019)
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-30-2019, 01:00 PM

What the fuck! This is a hard one. Harder than Gilly's SUPER DICK to be precise...

I wish the poll allowed for multiple selections as opposed to just one because I feel like it could be a three way tie.

Soldier's RP is a solid injection of exactly what the XWF needs more of - Thinking outside the box and just delivering some fucked up material that we all know could never play out in real life. That's what this game is about... Playing the role you know you'd never get away with in real life and taking things to the extreme! He's also a pro when it comes to using other characters he has permission to use in his RPs and speaking for them. You'll never find him screwing up somebody's character and taking them out of their handler's role that they work hard to establish, even if said character is nothing like what Soldier would normally write for himself. Just look at the way he wrote Vinnie Lane during this sickening RP that we know the Lane character would hate being subjected to. It's on point every step of the way and only helps strengthen the delivery of the entire piece as you go through it. This RP is so over the top and hilarious with Soldier even poking fun at himself and his ridiculousness to a degree, and I also got a real kick out of the way he played off of the board's censors and made fun of them with Vinnie right there.

Lux's RP really hit home with be because Lux is excellent at mixing feelings and emotions that might not usually go together well. The RP starts out with mention of Engy's passing and reading his last will, yet there they are surrounded by titties and asses flopping about and somehow it all meshed together perfectly for that opening scene. The trash talk also was really noteworthy the way Lux came right at Doc D'Ville with absolutely no lack of ammunition in the tank and no need to even have waited to see/respond to anything Doc put up. A huge plus here was how Lux even played off of and SOLD Doc's character the way it's supposed to be, literally touching on the fact that there is an unknown level of power to be tested...
Lux Said:"Some would be quick to dismiss you as smoke and mirrors, but I've seen what goes bump in the night. The closet monster is real and he is hungry. So I believe you are what you appear to be...something more than man. But what precisely you are, I don't know. And that's one of the reasons I called you out all those months ago. You see, this isn't just a match for me. It's a threat assessment."
^That right there absolutely smashes and destroys anything by the people who just shrug off their opponents as running "gimmicks" and act like their own character is the only one that's real. This type of selling is what actually strengthens Lux's character far beyond that, because now we know the Lux character ISN'T 100% sure just what she's stepping into and needs to be ready to adjust on the fly and graduate to a level even she may not yet have ascended to previously if she's to survive. This is how you thicken the anticipation and intensity going into a big match against an over-the-top supernatural/monster/etc opponent!

Kenzi Grey's RP shows us, as usual, an incredible portrayal and usage of the "Steve Sayors" character that often gets ignored or used very minimally by others these days. You feel like you're actually going into a professional news report of sorts when you get into the RP and Kenzi was even able to effectively touch on recent events some may deem questionable but kept them in an entertaining, creative, and humorous IN character light. This is someone who clearly enjoyed playing off of and SELLING (there's that ever important word again, folks) exactly what's going on in the fed beyond her own character and gimmick. Not only that, but the graphics Kenzi put together for this piece were continuing in that same regard and also pretty damn hilarious. This is one of the most well put together RPs I've seen when you take into account all the pieces Kenzi took the time to craft and make fit together while making us believe she really is ready to overcome any roadblocks, naysayers, etc... and is taking this tag title match 100% seriously underneath that layer of humor and mockery, which of course brings me to the "fake Hanari" bit also being pretty hilarious and well done. XWF management DOES need to remove the warning on the registration page that states how a username must match your character now that they've made it clear it's no longer necessary, and that's obviously an issue moving forward if they don't, but Kenzi's play on that whole thing was great in this RP and at this point can't be held against her but rather is a credit to her willingness to have fun with it in this RP.

So yeah, those are my three picks. I guess I'll flip a coin (yes my coins have 3 sides) and that'll be the one I actually vote for in the poll above but to anyone who hasn't read these three RPs, I'd say go do so because all three of them have material you can definitely enjoy and may also get some ideas from for your own future work!

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane's post:
Atticus Gold (09-30-2019), Corey Smith (09-30-2019), Unknown Soldier (09-30-2019)
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

09-30-2019, 03:05 PM

I voted for Solider because that's the aforementioned RP that made me laugh out loud. And yes, it showed a great handle on writing somebody else's character and really enmeshing yourself in the world of the XWF, not to mention a level of fun and creativity that I've rarely seen here. SOLJUH NUMBER ONE!

That being said, God it was a tough vote for me because I really wanna fuckin' win this one, lol. Big Grin

Edit: I do want to comment on this idea of selling your opponent too, because I think it's a salient point. It's something that often gets lost in the shuffle in the struggle to out trash talk your opponent. Not gonna lie, I've been guilty of this sin too. But the ability to build an opponent up and still come across as confident that you're going to win, or at least tell a great story that elevates the match to something more than just trading insults, is a skill that should be cultivated. And it was something that I've really been working on since playing an unabashedly face character.

In fact, Chris Jericho commented on it in one of his books.

Quote:I learned an important lesson—the first of three seminal moments in my promo development. I had done an interview about my first match with Bulldog and I was talking about how old and slow he was, just burying him. I thought it was pretty good, until I walked back to the dressing room and Bulldog stopped me in front of everyone. “What the hell are you doing? Yeah I’m old and everybody knows it. But I want you to think about this. If I beat you, and I WILL be beating you, then you just got beat by an old man. If you beat me, and you WILL NOT be beating me, then you just beat up an old man.

If you talk about how much experience I have and then I cheat to beat you, then at least you got beaten by an experienced vet. And if you beat me, well fuck, then you just beat an experienced vet. The way it stands right now, you just pissed all over yourself. You look like a fool either way.” He walked away muttering to himself, and I realized he was right. The first big lesson I learned about promos (get out your pens, kids) was: “Never Totally Bury Your Opponent.” You can tell jokes and insult them all you want, but if you don’t build them up to some extent, you’re just burying yourself.

In short, if you make your opponent out to look like shit, then if you win all you did was step in shit.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Corey Smith's post:
Theo Pryce (09-30-2019), Unknown Soldier (09-30-2019)
Vita Frickin Valenteen Offline
Vicious Frickin Vampire

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

09-30-2019, 04:43 PM

Kenzi does some amazing character work and is a fun read all together. The piece nominated is a great example of that.

[Image: VVbatlogosm.png]

1x Anarchy Champion
1x Xtreme Champion
2x Television Champion
1x Lord Of Violence (March 2022)
2x Tag Team Champion
2x Freestyle Champion
3x Heavy Metalweight Champion
1x Federweight Champion
24/7 Briefcase Winner - March 2019
2019 Tweener Of The Year

Match History
Hate Post Like Post
Noah Jackson Offline
Very Serious Wrestler

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

09-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Gotta say I think this may be the best RPOTM thread I've ever seen. Diving into great things that makes an RP tick. Good stuff guys. I'd like to do the same, although not as well as Lux and Shane because I'm trash.

Fuzz - I really loved this RP and not just because I'm a proud son. It's not that often you see someone make their upcoming match their primary focus in a story. Fuzz scouting the location and burying weapons with place markers so he could take the advantage in the match. It's such a simple yet creative way to make an RP relevant that I haven't really seen done before. So massive props to Fuzz on that.

Robert Main - As someone who does deal with depression like a little bitch, I think Main handled the way you dissociate with people so well in his RP. It wasn't just 'I'm sad now'. He explored his emotions and wrote them in a brilliant way. He sold the loss of the Universal title so well and kept building it up in future promos, going through the five stages of grief in a way. Great stuff from him.

Just wanted to get my thoughts on both of those out there. This is a tough list and each RP deserves to be up there.

That being said I'm going with Kenzi Grey. Just the way she picked up something and rolled with it so well, with a huge amount of talent and humour. I don't want to repeat what has been said above so I'll just say I loved this RP and leave it at that.

[Image: iwofq6s.png]
FORMER:
[Image: OZdvB4F.png]
[Image: l6KRzu8.png]

W | L | D
226 | 11 | 81

Star of the Month (August 2019)
1/3 Star of the Month (January 2020) with Fuzz and our Subaru
RP of the Month (November 2019) with Big Disappointment
Holder of the most wins in the XWF (Mostly house shows)
Holder of the most draws in XWF (All on Anarchy)
Winner of Sickest Cunt of the Year 2020
Winner of Greatest Wrestler who ever lived 2022
Holder of the world's rarest pog collection (Valued at $200)
Owner of Ned Kaye's cat that Ned named Deepthroat for some weird reason
Voted most feared man by Centurion (Twice!)
Hate Post Like Post
Unknown Soldier Offline
HAIL SATAN!

XWF FanBase:
(.Awaiting user update)

09-30-2019, 05:58 PM

My vote is for Lux. Shane touched on a lot of the points as to why but I’d also like to add that his entire series of rps for his match against Doc flowed together so well and this first Rp he did really set the tone for the rest of them. It’s unfortunate that due to medical reasons doc was unable to put out more material, because this match would have been epic. Super entertaining and probably the most well written with descriptions and verbiage I’ve seen in a long time.

[Image: MGncwBi.jpg]

XWF Record
56 - 20 - 1

1 (X) Universal Champion
4 (X) Xtreme Champion
1 (X) Tag Team Champion (w/ Doctor Louis D'ville)
1 (X) Anarchy Champion
2 (X) Superstar of the Month
Hall of Legends member inducted 9/27/20 at Relentless

Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Unknown Soldier's post:
Corey Smith (09-30-2019)
Peter Fn Gilmour Offline
the man with the SUPER DICK

XWF FanBase:
Hardcore, psycho fans

(cheered for breaking rules and bones; excessively violent; creative with weapons)

09-30-2019, 06:44 PM

Mine were good u know..

But soldiers are fn legend... ary!!

[Image: yPandTo.png]

SUCK... MY... DICK!

3X Star of the Month
Former 3x Hart Champion
Former 13X Xtreme Champion
Former 6X Tag Champion
Former 2X Trios Champion
Former 2x Heavy Metal Weight Champion
Former Universal Champion
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like Peter Fn Gilmour's post:
Corey Smith (09-30-2019), Unknown Soldier (09-30-2019)
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-01-2019, 08:17 AM

Voted for Lux to break the tie. I enjoyed both pieces but Lux’s was stellar. Their match at LL is going to be a blast reading.

[Image: 193QVMb.png]
Banner Made By: @reinventiongfx
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2019, 09:35 AM

(10-01-2019, 08:17 AM)Fuzz Said: Voted for Lux to break the tie. I enjoyed both pieces but Lux’s was stellar. Their match at LL is going to be a blast reading.

You didn't tho.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

10-01-2019, 10:06 AM

My bad I didn’t hit sumbit

Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

10-01-2019, 10:27 AM

It's ok Fuzz. We know technology is scary for you old guys.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Shawn Warstein Offline
Blood In Blood Out

XWF FanBase:
Very random

10-01-2019, 10:41 AM

(10-01-2019, 10:27 AM)Theo Pryce Said: It's ok Fuzz. We know technology is scary for you old guys.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Hate Post Like Post
Boris Offline
Blyat!

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-01-2019, 10:59 AM

You did not give me the option to vote for Boris. What the blyat?! You all saw my amazing performance.

...which I lost. Pizdek.

Ok, Boris votes for Fuzz. Good stuff. All RPs were great.

[Image: KGR16Cy.png]
Oppa! - 17 1/2
Blyat! - 14 1/2
Neither! - 0

Former Weight Of Metal Champion
WINNER - Race Across The Everglades in the Slav Cruiser 9000!
2020 XWF Games Tug Of War Gold Medalist
Both Won And Lost The Quarantine Battle Royal
Successfully Contracted Coronavirus
Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boris's post:
Corey Smith (10-01-2019)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates Boris's post!
drezdin5788 (10-01-2019)
Atticus Gold Offline
Gold is the New Black
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

10-02-2019, 10:28 AM

Giving this a bump. One RP is in the lead but it's a close race.

[Image: SAksQ2K.jpeg]
Hate Post Like Post