Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-25-2024, 09:34 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF OOC » Out Of Character (OOC) Board
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About the X-treme title thing
Kieran Overton Offline
"The Destructive Beast"

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

09-17-2019, 03:42 AM

Following up from a post I saw, seeing what I'll have to say is OOC, I will quote this considering it is OOC post and have an idea on it.

(09-15-2019, 10:20 AM)"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Said: But I think, as we have all known, forever, and ever, that the 24/7 rule applies to PINFALLS.

Is there a reason why people can't win the X-treame title by submission or have a title that is for submissions? That would be interesting to have since we have trash-talking, hardcore and hiding pins belts, but not the submission one. I'm just wondering as to why we can't have a title like that or make the X-Treame title to involve submissions as well as pinfalls? After all, it'll work the same way, but just wait until either someone taps out or responds to move out of a submission.

For those in the UK or Europe for that matter as we're near enough the same time zone, how do you respond in time to kick-outs in time, despite the time zone differences with the Americans if you've tried it out? I will say it's that factor that has held me off from responding. Not that I care for losses of course, but just wondered how it works for UK/European handlers if there are some besides me here.

Also doesn't it affect matches for PPV's and the shows if the title is always on the line and someone claims as champion? Would the former champion still be in the match for the X-treame title and the new champion is involved in it? That's always been something I've been confused with.

Half of these most likely are stupid questions, but I just wanted to know how it all works and wondered if you ever considered having a submission's title or making the X-treame title have submissions involved to lose titles as well?

[Image: GoGnCPQ.png]

[Image: krB0tFp.jpg]
Edit Hate Post Like Post
Corey Smith Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-17-2019, 04:33 AM

I'm not sure that the title DOESN'T change hands on a submission? I don't know, bossmen will have to sound off on that one.

I don't think we need ANOTHER title, we have a bajillion as it is. But the X-Treme has always worked this way, and yeah, if somebody scoops it up it can change how established matches are booked. If the champ loses the belt then a booked match for the title may not necessarily be for the title anymore. I can remember a couple times the 24/7 boards have been shut down during booked events to stop this from happening, but D's been defending his belt since he got booked on Relentless. It's an interesting and, at times, random division. It's just the way it works.

[Image: CoreySig6A.png?width=270&height=406]
Hate Post Like Post
Theo Pryce Offline
King of Kings
Management Lv. E-Rex

XWF FanBase:
The 'cool' kliq fans

(booed by casual fans; opportunistic; often plays dirty while setting the trends)

09-17-2019, 04:46 AM

So to clarify, yes the X title can and does change hands during a submission. Basically, the way it has been for as long as I can remember is that if the champ takes the fall/eats the pin they lose the title. Be it in a 1 on 1 match or a tag team or 6 man, or whatever. If they take the fall or tap or get buried alive or whatever, they lose the title. The reason BigD did not lose the title on Savage was because it was a ladder match for the TV title. There was no actual pinning going on. Had it been just a standard TV title match, BigD would have been pinned and lost the X title to Thad. Who would have immediately been stripped of one of the two titles since we only allow one singles title per character at any given time.

We have had instances where people have lost the title on the 24/7 boards while they are booked on a card to defend said title. Sometimes we add the new champ to the match sometimes we don't. We take it on a case by case basis. As an example. If the champ loses the title on the boards and is booked on a show but that show is 2 weeks away then sure we will add the new champ in since there will be plenty of time for that person to RP without being behind. If the champ loses the title on the boards and the show they are to defend on is two days away, no we will not add the new champ to that show.

Regarding time zones, that doesn't really factor in. A champ has 12 hours from the time the post on the boards was made to kickout.

[Image: XCwEiv2.png]
Hate Post Like Post
Kieran Overton Offline
"The Destructive Beast"

XWF FanBase:
Hardly anyone to be honest

(booed by most fans; hurts people even when not supposed to; often angry and shitty)

09-17-2019, 05:06 AM

Ah, that more or less clears up a lot of things for me on the questions being answered. Thank you for answering as I was curious how it all works with the X-treame title regarding the title losses and things like that for the shows, especially I'm still pretty new here.

[Image: GoGnCPQ.png]

[Image: krB0tFp.jpg]
Hate Post Like Post
"Loverboy" Vinnie Lane Offline
The Guy
Administrators

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

09-17-2019, 05:17 AM

Another point of clarity that applies here -

In neither case for Big D (his Anarchy loss to Zane by DQ and his ladder match loss to Thad) were these matches official X-Treme Title matches. If they were, then there might be a case. I did the Anarchy match as a DQ because I thought it added a fun moment as well as handled the X-Title appropriately (in that case bc it was close enough of a call and Zane didn't blow me away enough to deserve a title change). If it were an X-Treme Title match and Zane tapped out, he'd lose the title. If it were an X-Treme Title ladder match, he'd have lost it.

Since niehter of them were official X-Treme Title matches, the 24/7 rules is the only way it could have changed hands - and the 24/7 rules is pinfalls.

[Image: dR5ZguS.png]
Hate Post Like Post