Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 08:38 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Live! » Character Development RPs
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Living in the Legendary Afterglow
TBS Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Very random

(heel alignment but liked by many; has earned respect despite breaking the rules often)

09-05-2019, 09:46 AM

I’ll admit it, that was fucking cool.

You never really grasp how jacked you get when you theme music comes on and you’re about to stick your head through the curtain. Sure you dream about it, and you definitely try to imagine it, but even a narcissist like me couldn’t have pieced together a reaction like that from the live crowd. Much less in Canada. When did THAT place start being better than the United States exactly? Oh, November 2016, got it.

“I’ve been watching the clips on YouTube all day, can you believe they just post this shit on here for free? It’s amazing.” My phone sits on my desk facing up, speaker phone turned on and James Raven listening to me on the other end of the line.

“Yeah, Dustin, as the owner of the company losing out on potentially millions of dollars in rights fees every time an asshole like you clicks play, I think it’s just the coolest thing ever.”

I ignore Raven, as usual, and focus on what I’m doing – taking in highlights of the brutal match he and I had at XX vs. The Flatline Crew – and Bigg Rigg.

James hits the Flight of the Raven jumping cutter off the apron and falls to the floor, snapping Bigg Riggs neck over the top rope and slingshotting him all the way across the ring!

“SAYORS: OH NO! That may have crushed Gambinos trachea!”

“LANE: What a shame! He can’t talk his shit anymore!”

“That’s the funniest shit I’ve ever heard on XWF TV.” I rewind and re-watch the clip a few more times, you can practically hear James rolling his eyes through the phone.

“Is this why you called me, Shank?” Anyone else confused by the fact that he sometimes calls me Shank and sometimes calls me Dustin? I am, but nobody is running my internal monologue through a word-counter so I’ll save that possible explanation for another time when it might possibly, but probably won’t, matter.

“I called you to say thank you. Thanks for the opportunity, thanks for the chance to do that again, and thanks for the check. I’m glad we got to put a bow on my career that way.”

“Do you think you’re really done? That was really it? Should I lose your number?”

“Honestly, it didn’t feel that final to me; but that’s probably just endorphins leftover from the past week. It feels good to kick someone in the face that signed up for it and can’t sue and/or press charges against me for it. And I won’t lie, it feels good to walk through the locker rooms again and hear people talk about me. And it was really fucking cool to watch Balls just drop Rigg like that. You can’t get this kind of drama anywhere else. So once that all wears off we’ll figure everything out, but I definitely won’t be submitting my name for any matches anytime soon. Let’s just agree to say ‘never say never,’ because – you know, Centurion gets mad about that shit.”

“Fair enough. Thanks to you for agreeing to do this though, you have no idea how many tickets we sold after you signed up.”

“Wait, what…”

In the golden times, like fifteen years ago when people still used phones that were plugged into walls you would have heard the sound ‘Click’ as James hung up on me before I could start screaming about why my pay-out wasn’t tied to ticket sales after the announcement of our match. But I digress. I wasn’t lying – I’m not exactly putting a bow on my career, but after watching classy Legends like Lee Stone and Steve Jason walk away on their terms with their heads held high handing over the future of the XWF to the next generation it would feel nice to be able to do the same. I’m not some kid anymore, I’m thirty-four years old, and my whole body hurts today from a match that happened sometime between a week and three days ago. That is not a normal amount of recovery time.

It’s been twelve years since I came back to do a one-off match for Jonathyn Brown and got called out by a Satan worshipping fanny pirate named Universal Champion Cyren and his second-in-command Krazzy Kidd/Spice One. Twelve years since those bastards were giving the prophecy all they could handle and disrespecting the XWF history enough that I felt obliged to stay and help clean them up. Twelve years since that started off a run that lasted for years and still gets talked about today.

Before I can close out the YouTube window, the next XWF video starts auto-playing. And I swear to God, you can’t make this up, on my screen is a Satan worshipping fanny pirate Universal Champion and his sidekick.

“I shit on your Universal title, and I shit on all of you, and I'll continue to shit all over this place since none of YOU can even get it up anymore. At least Peter can say that for himself despite this whole place going into a stampede of gay jokes. Take a look at these legends and the sad state of affairs it really comes to be for them. Steve Jason? Big Shank? James Raven? Owner or not, are you all going to allow my little shit-scapade to continue? Will finally one of you step up and try to vanquish the dastardly villain from destroying and decimating the championship you all loved and treasured so much? Are you all just going to leave and try and let Centurion try and clean up all this mess that I'm about to make of this place? Or are you going to leave that task up to Robert Main... HA!! Sorry, I almost laughed so hard I shit myself.”

I close the window, but my finger lingers over the mouse for just a second more than I want to admit before I click.

I want to be known as someone who walks away with class. I want to be known as someone who turns the other cheek. I want to realize that when morons like this drop my name in public it’s because they want me to notice. I want to fight the urge to tell that motherfucker to keep my motherfucking name out of his motherfucking mouth or I might shove my motherfucking boot down his motherfucking throat? I want to be above all of this.

Lee Stone was above it all. Steve Jason was above it all.

I’m not Lee Stone and I’m not Steve Jason.

I never have been, but do I want to be?

Or do I want to be the demon that shows up in the mirror if you say his name too many times?

Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like TBS's post:
(09-05-2019), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (09-05-2019), Corey Smith (09-05-2019), James Raven (09-05-2019), Noah Jackson (09-05-2019), Steve Jason (09-05-2019), Unknown Soldier (09-05-2019)