Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 02:42 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation »   » Archives » "Savage Saturday Night" RP Board
The Ares Project - Chapter 3: Damage Assessment
Thaddeus Duke Offline
Lionhearted
Management Lv. 2

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-29-2019, 08:04 AM

Following the unsuccessful siege on the Illuminatus Compound, the militant commander meets with a few of his underlings to discuss what comes next in their dealing with the enemy. The commander enters a small, entirely enclosed meeting space filled with 3 other advisers and nothing more than a simple round table with folding steel chairs.

”Good evening,” the commander greets his underlings as he closes the door behind him. ”I don’t have the patience for failure so let’s just get to it.” The commander takes a seat and a young man to his right takes the floor.

”Sir, the attack on the Illuminatus Compound was obviously a failure, but we learned some things,” he begins.

”And that is?”

”The building is a fortress. The fact we did as well as we did was nothing short of a miracle and a should be looked at as a sing from God that we are on the right side of history,” he informs his commander.

”Theresa?” he says, turning to the tightly wound woman on his right.

”Sir, we’re evaluating our past intel but nothing to this point suggested that I.S. had a military squadron just a couple miles away. Had it not been the case, then we firmly believe that the building would have fallen and Thaddeus Duke eliminated.”

”Maybe so, but that building stands and Thaddeus Duke still lives,” the commander states emphatically. ”Let’s move on to what’s next. I want options on my desk by 1800 hours on a firm plan for our next attack.”

”We don’t expect retaliation at this point, sir, we have come to believe that the I.S. leader did receive word of our intent, but didn’t take it seriously.”

”That’s all well and good, Captain, but regardless of our own feelings about the Illuminatus State, they do have a ruthless leader with an extremely strong and capable military.

“They will retaliate.

“By 1200 hours tomorrow, we’ll have this location abandoned and we’ll move on to somewhere else.”

”Sir,” says Theresa as she opens an envelope and slides a photo in front of the commander.

He looks at the photo of a plane with a puzzled look, but says nothing.

”Illuminatus One, Commander. It’s the personal aircraft of the I.S. leader,” she informs him. ”When their military moved to defend their Compound, we sent our scouts. They found this airstrip with this airplane sitting inside a hangar.

“Now, the airport is pretty well guarded plus its nearly entirely surrounded by water.

“Duke though travels a lot. Old Saybrook is right on the Atlantic, sir...”

The commander smiles. ”Give me a solid plan by 1200 hours Theresa,” he instructs her. ”Now what of the father? What do we know?”

”His name is Sebastian Duke. He’s the former leader of the I.S. but was deposed by the boy awhile back,” the last man states.

”Could he be turned? Is there relationship broken?”

”We have every indication that they have a strong bond. Sebastian Duke now resides in Arlington, Virginia and runs a security firm. We haven’t yet found out the name of his firm, but we should have that information shortly.”

”He’ll have to be dealt with too.” The commander stands and starts to leave the meeting. ”Once we eliminate the boy, the father will once again take the reigns of the Illuminatus State and not good for anyone.

“I want plans for taking out the father, too.”

At the Illuminatus Compound in Connecticut, things are busier than ever. There is a normal hustle and bustle around the building during the day but today is different. Today, the men of the Illuminatus Nation have spent their time cleaning up the mess left behind. Broken glass, splintered wood, chunks of stone from the buildings facade. Of course, blood and bodies.

A beaten and bruised Thaddeus Duke surveys the grounds in front of the building as hundreds of people tend to the property, cleaning it up and starting to repair what’s broken. Off to his right, he hears shouting and he looks in their direction- men trying to direct a crane that is supporting the weight of a crippled guard tower. The shouting stops and the men dart from the area just as the crane loses its load, sending the guard tower crashing to the ground and crumbling into a pile of rubble and a cloud of dust.

He turns his attention behind him, just inside the doorway, as the last body bag is being zipped up. After the sound of a car horn, Thad again looks outside as a blacked out Lincoln Continental rolls to a stop just in front of him. Sebastian Duke and Lincoln Tritter exit the car. Sebastian nearly runs to Thaddeus to grab him and hold him.

”Where’s Jim?” Sebastian asks, referring to Thad’s right hand man, as he releases his tight hold on the boy.

[duke]”He’s in the room getting set up,”[/duke] the young man replies. His mood is somber and it’s evident in his voice.

”How many?” he asks, looking at the closed body bag as he passes through the doorway.

[duke]”168,”[/duke] Thaddeus replies quickly. [duke]”That’s 168 too many and it’s all because...”[/duke]

”No!” Sebastian shouts. ”You ain’t gonna start that woe is me bullshit, Thaddeus. You’re their leader. They expect you to be strong and to persevere.

“Do you have any idea how many men I lost over the years, not counting the wars Thaddeus? 1,492,”
he states as he stops their progression through the hallways to look into his sons swollen eyes. ”1,492 men were dead because of either my actions or my decisions and it’s our job as leaders, to not allow those men to have died in vain. You want to mourn them Thaddeus, that’s fine. Do it in private.

“In public. In these hallways, out there in the yard… You muster all the strength and mental toughness that you have because whether you realize it or not, everyone here is staring at you. Your courage and your toughness resonates through them. They look to you to provide that to them.”

”We’re ready,” James informs the Duke’s and Tritter as he pokes his head out of the library. The three men enter the room and plop themselves down in some chairs arranged around a small table in what’s left of the library after the attack.

”So… where do we stand?” Tritter asks as he pops a piece of nicotine gum into his mouth.

”Last night at roughly 2300 hours,” James begins. ”A militant group attacked the Compound with rockets, tanks, mortar rounds and ground troops. Our men weere able to beat them back and send them into retreat, but it’s obvious now that Thaddeus was the primary target.

“Our defenses have been pretty well destroyed and we lost 168 men in total.”

”How do we know Thaddeus was the primary target?”

”After the attack was mostly over and our men were beating back their forces, one of their remained inside the Compound,” Jim answers. ”His goal was to find and kill Thaddeus. He did find him and the two engaged into hand to hand combat where Thaddeus was thoroughly beaten...”

[duke]”Hey I’m still here.”[/duke]

”Thaddeus sent what was left of us inside, out through the tunnels in the cellar and that’s where the fight took place. He would have succeeded had it not been for Mufasa and Simba who wouldn’t venture through the tunnels without Thaddeus.

“They attacked and killed the would-be assassin.”

[duke]”Obviously, we should have taken the threat more seriously, but we’re forgetting the bigger picture here,”[/duke] Thaddeus says as he stands up and starts to pace. [duke]”There is a militant group after the Illuminatus and that much is certain, but the question is: who sent them? What enemies do we really have?”[/duke]

”Since no one else is gonna say it, I will… What are the odds that the Church is behind this?” Sebastian asks. ”We beat them into submission and had control of the Vatican. Thaddeus makes peace with them and gives it back. I’m not happy about that but I’ve made my peace with it.

“Matt orchestrated that plan to attack historical churches in Europe to reignite the war and while none of us here had anything to do with that and the remaining Illuminatus Originals are now all dead, maybe they just didn’t believe you, Thad. Maybe this is the Church’s first strike.”

[duke]”Linc?”[/duke]

”I don’t think so,” Tritter answers. ”I’m not sure they’d go through the issues of hiring an American militant group… Take the chance of getting discovered… If they’d wage war on soverign soil, it’d outrage the American government. They’d never allow it.” Tritter’s phone buzzes and he looks at it momentarily. ”My contact should be calling momentarily. We should know more then.”

Thaddeus reaches for the phone on the table and dials, leaving it on speaker phone.

”Greetings young Thaddeus,” answers the voice on the other end after a few rings.

[duke]”Unfortunately, I don’t have time to be cordial, Father,”[/duke] an irritated and highly emotional Thaddeus fires at the Pope. [duke]”Father, the Illuminatus Nation was attacked last night. I’m going to be blunt and ask: are you behind it?”[/duke]

The Pope clears his throat. ”I hadn’t heard that, my son. Was anyone hurt?”

[duke]”Yes,”[/duke] he answers quickly. [duke]”Answer my question.”[/duke]

”No sir, the Catholic Church is not behind this. I realize son, that tensions were high not long ago but you rectified that situation to a satisfactory end from our viewpoint.”

”You need to realize we are looking into this and we absolutely wll find out who is behind this, Father,” Sebastian blurts.

A moment of silence on the other end. ”Sebastian Duke,” he states. ”I’d say it’s lovely to hear your voice but I believe in honesty and quite frankly, I have no love for you.”

”If I find out that you ARE behind this, then Catholic bodies will litter the streets. The River Tiber will flow crimson with Catholic blood.

“Am I being clear to you, sir?”

[duke]”My apologies Father, he’s angry and wound up today.”[/duke]

”Son, I have dealt with your father many times. I’m used to his insults and threats.”

[duke]”Take care.”[/duke]

”Christ be with you all.”

[duke]”And with you.”[/duke] Thaddeus ends the call and stares at his father. Soon everyone is staring at him.

”What!? Y’all were thinkin’ it.”

Tritter’s phone rings. ”It’s him.” Tritter answers his cell and places the phone on the table so everyone can listen. ”Mark, go ahead. What’ve you got?”

”We’ve compiled and analyzed the data and we just don’t think this is anyone.”

[duke]”Seriously, what the fuck do you mean?”[/duke]

”What I mean, is that this wasn’t some vast conspiracy. All of the indicators show that this was a lone attack by some crackpot militant group. Your military killed most of them and it’ll be years, if ever maybe, that they’ll be able to regroup and hit again.”

The four men exchange puzzled looks. Tritter’s phone chimes and he looks at it for a second.

”Thank you Mark, good work.” Tritter ends the call and looks at his message.

”That doesn’t make any fucking sense to me.”

”It shouldn’t,” Tritter says as he continues going over the email he received. ”Mark is new and it’s apparent I should have vetted him more thoroughly.”

[duke]”What?”[/duke]

”He was working for the U.S. government and it appears that he still is,” Tritter explains. ”Maggie just sent me an email. She suspected he was a plant and put a team on him. She just sent me pictures of him meeting with a Senator and handing him files. She also just sent me this...” Tritter hands his phone to Thad.

Thaddeus flicks through the photo files. All of them are satellite photos and videos of weapons crates offloading at a dock in San Diego and loading onto trucks. Those same trucks are then shown in a remote warehouse in Arizona several hours later.

[duke]”It’s not a military installation. Security is way too light.”[/duke]

”No, but this has American fingerprints all over it. That port in San Diego where the crates were offloaded and placed on trucks? That IS a U.S. military port. The trucks? Those ARE U.S. military vehicles,” he informs them.

Thaddeus sighs and throws himself down in his chair. [duke]”There’s no way I can compete in a war with the American military. Their resources are just too vast.”[/duke]

Tritter slowly shakes his head. ”No. They are not officially engaging in war with you. It appears though, that they ARE arming and supplying someone to do it for them. The American government couldn’t risk the embarassment of picking on a small nation they provided sanctuary to.”

”Linc, I’m going to loan you out to Thaddeus for awhile. He needs you more than I do.”

Lincoln nods in agreement.

[duke]”Lincoln, do your best to find out who this group is and where they are.”[/duke]

”We’re already on it.”

Sebastian pulls out his cell and makes a call. ”Janet, it’s me,” he says to his personal secretary back at the office. ”Yeah he’s fine. A little bruised and beat up, but he’s fine. Anyway, I need you to divert our resources over to Tritter’s team.

“Yeah, it’s a big deal.

“Yeah, I’ll tell him.

“Thanks Janet.”

He ends the call.

”She’s making you a pineapple upside down cake after work tonight.”

[duke]”Oh my god I love that woman.”[/duke]

”I’m taking off. Linc, call me in an hour.”

[duke]”Where are you going? You just got here.”[/duke]

”Yes, and work doesn’t stop. That Mark guy is a plant and I have a plan for him that needs carried out.”

Tritter and Sebastian make their exits as Thaddeus closes his eyes. Jim gets ready to speak but changes his mind. Instead, he stands from his chair and switches off the light as Thaddeus finally gets some much needed sleep.

Thaddeus runs on a treadmill with earphones in his ears, listening to Jenny Myst’s promo.

[duke]”Am I dreamy?”[/duke] Thad asks Jim.

”Wut mate?”

[duke]”Myst’s friend Megan… she says I’m dreamy.”[/duke]

”Well…. I mean, it’s not exactly 1958 so I didn’t think people used ‘dreamy’ anymore, but I can see where chicks might dig you.”

Thaddeus smiles.

[duke]”You think I’m hot, Jim?”[/duke]

”I just… I’m just saying I can see where girls might think you’re pleasant to look at, is all… Shut up Thad, I hate you.”

Thaddeus cuts off the treadmill and wipes the sweat from his head.

[duke]”I’m a loser, Jen? I’m in a science fiction B movie? I have no talent, no promise, no potential?

“First of all, literally zero of that is true and Jenny just because you say them, doesn’t make it so.

“You yourself, Myst, could be an amazingly beautiful person. Granted, you’re aesthetically pleasing to look at, but make no mistake you are not beautiful. Your beauty is skin deep and it always has been. Everything about you is fake, artificial and inflated. Nothing else matters to you except you and that makes you the worst kind of person. I don’t really care what you think you’ve changed about yourself because all I see, and anyone else sees, is the same artificial, superficial, self-important bitch that left the XWF all those months ago. If you died, would there be people that missed you? I mean, parents and some family sure, but that’s true of just about anyone. I mean, really miss you. Are there people in this world that you’ve touched spiritually? Emotionally? People that- if you were to somehow venture into the desert and your plastic little body melted into the sand- would it really affect anyone? Somehow I doubt it. Your entire existance has centered on the fact that you’re nice to look at.

“But now you’re back. You’re back and using your XWF airtime to promote another company. You’re using XWF airtime to tell us what you’re doing there and tell us the title you hold from there is equivalent to the Hart title. It’s not. I hate to break that to you. In order for that title to be equivalent, the company you’re working for would have to be considered in the same league as the XWF and that is simply just not the case. Very few can reach those heights. You’re here for a match but you didn’t want a match with me. It’s not because I’m not talented and all that shit, because we both know that isn’t true.

“See Myst, telling straight up lies that 99% of the world knows is fictitious, is kind of transparent. It’s not ‘trash talk’ or ‘match hype.’ It’s just pointless and shallow, much like yourself. You’re not better than you were when you left, you just went to an easier place to work. And you’ve come back and you and I both know you exhaled a deep sigh when you saw the booking and my name was next to yours. You hope for a much, much easier opponent and I’m sorry but easy opponents don’t really exist in the XWF.

“Go on Myst. Run on back to that other company you’re working for because you have no future here.”[/duke]

”That’s not a prediction! It’s a spoiler!”

[duke]”Heyman, what the fuck are you doing here?”[/duke]

[Image: wgqr9W2.png]
74-31-1
Semi-Retired

1x  XWF Universal Champion || 3x  XWF Xtreme Champion || 1x  XWF Supercontinental Champion (First)
1x  XWF Hart Champion (Last) || 2x  XWF Television Champion || 1x  XWF Tag Team Champion
1x  OCW Savage Champion || 1x IIW Tag Team Champion  || 2x  SOTM (9/20, 7/21)
2021 Male Wrestler of the Year (shared w/ Alias) || XWF Hall of Legends
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 7 users Like Thaddeus Duke's post:
(08-30-2019), "Loverboy" Vinnie Lane (08-29-2019), Atticus Gold (08-29-2019), Corey Smith (08-30-2019), Michael McBride (08-29-2019), Theo Pryce (08-29-2019), Unknown Soldier (08-29-2019)