Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-29-2024, 01:24 AM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » The Old Folks' Home
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defunct XWF Title Belt Reactivated, Legend Inductee Confirmed and "Added" to XX Card
James Raven Offline
Registered but either hasn't added self to a roster yet or doesn't RP

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-27-2019, 08:43 AM

Early Tuesday morning XWF Classic founder and current XWF co-owner met with a small number of local media members outside a random Toronto diner. Reports surfaced last night that Raven had recieved approval from fellow co-owners Theo Pryce and Vinnie Lane to reactivate a long defunct title, the I.D.I.O.T. championship from the also defunct developmental brand Saturday Night Impact. When asked why he was bringing back the notorious title as opposed to something more prestigious or historic like the XWF Canadian or True Violence belts, Raven chuckled.

"It's for XX, not the main roster," he said through a grin, "Did anyone really think I was bringing back the IDIOT title to make Thaddeus Duke and Big D feud over it or something? I was just thinking it would be fun to have some gold on the line, and we have a match between two people that were major players on the Impact brand when this belt was active. Let's give Barney Green and Matt Sharp a shot to go home with the belt that meant so much to them."

James wasn't finished there, though.

"In fact once I decided to put the title on the line, I thought I might need to step up the refereeing in the match, so I'm bringing in not one but TWO special guests to keep things in line. Canadian icons Outsider Stone and Hardcore Smitty are returning to the XWF one last time! Crossfire Productions are going to be entertaining the Rogers Center in more ways than one as they officiate one of the opening matches, and later in the night Stone will induct Smitty into the Hall of Legends!"

There was an excitement in the air amongst the Canadian media members, many of whom grew up fans of Outsider Stone and Hardcore Smitty.

"Smitty was a high level competitor, a top champion, a workhorse, and one of the most consistent general managers I saw in my time. He excelled at every aspect of the business, and did it all with a smile. Crossfire Productions remains one of the most memorable parts of XWF Classic to some fans, and the duo inspired a generation of Canadian talent and less than serious performers to reach for the main event. Hardcore Smitty should have been inducted a long time ago, but he's going in September 1st here in Toronto."

[Image: xwf-hardcoresmitty.jpg]

Hardcore Smitty becomes the ninth confirmed name being honored at the 20 year anniversary show following Fuzz, Zach Rizza, Ranma Saotome, Drake Komodo, Heather Halliwell, Star, Tomoko Hanahara and K Money. With the event less than a week away any further announcements are expected to be made soon.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like James Raven's post:
(08-27-2019), kmoney (08-29-2019), Theo Pryce (08-27-2019)
[-] Oh shit! Hater alert! The following 1 user Hates James Raven's post!
drezdin5788 (08-27-2019)