Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 03-28-2024, 12:23 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » Warfare Boards » Warfare RP Board
PlaceMarker It Sticks With You Past The End
Ned Kaye Offline
per cogitabat, per facis
TITLE - Tag Champion

XWF FanBase:
The IWC

(gets varying reactions in the arenas, but will be worshiped like a god and defended until the end by internet fans; literally has thousands of online dorks logging on to complain anytime they lose a match or don't get pushed right)

08-20-2019, 10:57 PM

August 18th, 2019
3:36 A.M.

In the early hours of dusk, Ned Kaye lies in his bed, located in a private room connected to The Notorious Gym. Blankets cover him as he stares at the ceiling, his arms placed behind his head as he ponders in silence, the dim radiance of a flickering television illuminating him scarcely. His face is filled with a contemplative sadness, the dark circles under his eyes suggesting he hadn't slept much at all. To his side, curled in a snug ball of warmth, is his cat, Deepthroat. However, the cat's comfort seems to be diminished immediately at Ned begins to sit up, nudging Deepthroat to the side slightly. Sighing, Ned picks up his phone, heading to his messages. Scrolling just a tad, he looks over a name that freezes him in place.

"Dad."

His face tightens as he places the phone back on a nearby nightstand. He picks himself up off the bed, revealing some scars and recent bruises, but mostly a somber demeanor. With soft steps, he makes his way to the bathroom, staring in the mirror. After a moment of studying the exhaustion in his own eyes, he gently leans his forehead against the glass, tearing up. Keeping himself together, he splashes some water on his face.

His mind wanders back to the events of the day, his father's last will and testament being read to him through a video recorded months prior. Specifically, the message his father left for him.

-------------

A clip of David Kaye's video will is shown, the man looking less rough than he had when last seen by the XWF Galaxy.

"And to Ned, I've got a quite a bit to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet."

David chuckles, before his expression gets more serious, the finality of the message seemingly resonating with him.

"I love you, Ned. I know we ain't always seen eye-to-eye and I didn't like you getting into wrestling at first, but I've done my best over the years to support you and to take you at your best and your worst. Your mother can attest to that. But I've always been proud of you. Skeptical? Of course. Worried? Absolutely. But proud nevertheless. Hell, I got to see my own flesh and blood wrestle alongside Centurion- Centurion of all people! That's-"

David smiles brightly, being overcome by emotion somewhat, as seems to be common amongst the Kayes.

"That's something I couldn't ever have expected, but there ya were! And it's a feeling I can't even begin to describe, but it makes me feel like a million bucks."

He wipes a tear from his eye.

"And we've been through a lot as a family. I've watched you suffer and kick yourself over this, over the accident, over so much the past few years. But even at your lowest Ned, you're twice the man most are at their peaks. But you can't be holding onto all that pain, Ned. I've watched you do it again and again, but if you keep doing that, you're gonna end up tossing it all away, kiddo."

"That kinda pain doesn't go away unless you make peace with it. Otherwise, it sticks with you past the end. I don't want that for you. I want you to be able to go out there and share that heart o' yours with the world as much as you can because it's the strongest one I've ever seen. And I hope one day you'll be ready to take that bold step into fatherhood yourself. And while I won't get to meet my grandchildren, I know they'll be given a damn good father."

-------------

Ned grips onto the sink, looking devastated. His concentration is broken as a small "meow" is blurted from behind him, Deepthroat strolling into the bathroom to nudge his head against the ankles of The Notorious One. Momentarily snapped out of his thought, Ned picks up his newfound feline acquaintance and returns to bed, sitting on the edge of the mattress, placing the cat to his side. Rubbing his head with a hand, he glances at his phone, picking it up and scrolling through his contacts before calling one. He places the phone to his ear. After a short series of ringing, a message plays out from the phone.

"Hey, it's Ethan. Couldn't get to your call. Leave me your name and number, I'll get back to ya."

*BEEP*

Ned ends the call, muttering something as he does. He runs a finger across the screen, making another call. Once again, the phone begins to ring.

"He-hello?"

The voice on the other side, none other than James Raven, yawns loudly.

"Ned, why are you calling so early?"

"I'm having a pretty rough night. I just really needed to talk to someone."

The tone of Raven's voice softens.

"...'Bout your dad?"

Ned looks down at his feet.

"Not specifically... but that is why I called. It's... it's hard to do anything but think about him."

"I understand."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Is there anything I can do?"

Ned smiles, cracking a small joke.

"You could tell Drew to stop hitting on my mom."

"Things I can realistically do, Ned."

Ned smirks, visibly looking a little better.

"You mind giving me some advice? I've got a lot on my mind and I'm not quite sure what to do."

"Sure. Shoot."

"Y'see, I've been having a rough time going down there in front of the people frequenting my gym... It's not that I dislike them or anything of the sort... I just barely have the strength to go down there and look my best and the last thing I want to do is go down there looking weak. They definitely don't need to see that."

"Why not?"

Ned hesitates, not prepared for the response.

"Because, at least usually, people don't like seeing those they respect struggle so heavily."

"While it's not ideal for you to be feeling this bad, no one's blaming you. Did you turn on Cent when his health problems started showing up?"

"Not at all."

"Then why would your supporters feel any differently about you?"

Ned stays quiet, contemplating his response, however Raven continues before he can speak.

"Look. I get that you were a big Cent fan. I get that you look up to the rest of the APEX Prophecy, but this reverence isn't gonna do you any good but keep getting you to places like this. You view us as these mythical beings so far above you, but you forget that we can still play a poker game just the same. You're beloved by people just like Cent is. Yeah, a lot fewer people, but you're popular with them just the same. That's something to be proud of, right?"

"...Yeah, yeah it is."

"Another thing."

"Yeah?"

"You're not doing yourself any favors by locking yourself up anytime this life changing stuff occurs. Nobody wants you to shut yourself off. It's not good for your health. I get that you've been through a ton, but drinking was one bad, self-destructive habit. You still have more to work through and that's okay. All you have to do is try, Ned, and the rest will come."

"Thank you, James."

"You don't have to thank me. Just go out there and do it."

"Alright. I'm gonna let you get some sleep."

"I appreciate that."

*CLICK*

Ned sits on the side of the bed, gazing at his wrestling boots, as Deepthroat walks onto his lap and lays down, his bright orange eyes shutting for the night.

-------------

"Those of you who have joined me on this continuing journey of mine know how much legacy matters to me. You likely already know it from my nickname alone. But when you look at Centurion, he is legacy defined. When people say "XWF," he comes to mind. Hell, if you ask someone like myself, Cent is synonymous with wrestling. Cent has his legacy under lock and key: he IS one of the greats. But I'm not there yet. I know I'm capable of getting there. I know there are rumblings about me in the stands. But as easy as it'd be to languish in my own hype, I gotta look forward. Because, if I'm being honest, the excitement about this match has little to do with me. Y'know, it reminds of the weeks prior to my first major title opportunity in this company, where Robert Main took the time to inform me how my stock was being increased just by facing him. He was 100% correct and I absolutely hated it. Not out of jealousy or spite, but because deep down I knew that I could be recognized for me than just "the crazy rookie who took on Robert." The same way I know many will see me as "some kid on a hot streak battling Centurion." And the thing is, I know Cent doesn't feel that way one bit. I've never been treated badly or talked down to by Andy. And when a hero treats you like an equal, it is an incredibly humbling experience. It reminds me that despite all of the hardships I've faced; the pain of moving onward; the persistence of loss, I can make it. I can achieve anything I set out to do, even standing alongside an idol."

"However, I'm not stupid. I'm well aware that I wouldn't be here without people propping me up when I stumble. And there's been more than I can count, but I attempt to give thanks every day that I can because it matters to me that they know. It's unbelievably common in this business for someone to make it big and forget everything that happened before. I'll never forget because I've lived the struggle my whole life. I didn't get to be an overnight sensation. I wasn't ever "star material" as far as many were concerned, including the current president of the XWF."

"That has been my path for my entire career. A long, bloody struggle for recognition and respect amongst my peers. And while I have the respect of countless people, I know I could lose it at any moment. It doesn't matter how many people prop me up if I crack under the pressure. So I'm going to carry the weight onwards. I'm going to grit and bear it, no matter the pain because I know it's worth fighting for. How do I know? Because I am in the greatest brotherhood to ever unite in the X-Treme Wrestling Federation and I wasn't included out of obligation or pity, nor was I included because I was an international megastar. I earned every bit of respect I hold from them. Even Cent, someone who can very dismissive of the talent on the roster, knows what I'm made of. Some people think it's all about how often you win or how you fill the seats with your words, but it's so much more than that. It's about grit and character. It's about who you're willing to be when the world wants to take everything away from you. And Cent knows that as well as I do. So, let's have the greatest match of the evening. Let's rattle the entire damn country. I know we can."

"You can't run from yourself."
[Image: riNkNZw.png]
XWF
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 37 | 4

Indie Darling Eternal

#33 on The XWF Top 50(2021)
1x Tag Team Champion[with Isaiah King](Current)
2x [Image: CbviDqC.png] (Former)
1x X-Treme Champion(Former)
The Final Supercontinental Champion
1x Television Champion(Former)
Star of the Month - April 2019 | March 2021 | December 2022
RP of the Month - March 2021 (Void of the Mind)
Winner - Leap Of Faith Rafter Match 2019
1x 24/7 Briefcase Holder
Winner - War Games 2023(With Mark Flynn, Isaiah King, & Crash Rodriguez as G00D-B01)

All Time Career(Interfed)
Wins | Losses | Draws
52 | 38 | 4
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 3 users Like Ned Kaye's post:
Barney Green (08-21-2019), Michael McBride (08-21-2019), Theo Pryce (08-21-2019)