Please Login or Register to get full access to the forums.

Lost Password?
Current time: 04-19-2024, 09:52 PM (time should display as Pacific time zone; please contact Admin if it appears to be wrong)                                                                

X-treme Wrestling Federation » XWF Classic! » The Old Folks' Home
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight Press Conference Completes "XX" Card and Adds 3 to Hall of Legends!
James Raven Offline
Active in XWF

XWF FanBase:
Some of everyone

(cheered; very rarely plays dirty but isn't lame either; many likable qualities)

08-17-2019, 10:30 PM

At midnight on Saturday August 17, James Raven held his second press conference in 24 hours to unveil the rest of the XWF’s 20 year anniversary card. With “XX” just over two weeks away fans all over the world have been waiting to see if their favourite superstar makes an appearance, and fifty yards from the entrance of the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada the XWF Classic founder greeted the media and got straight to business.

“I know you’ve all been extremely patient, and my team and I thank you for that. It’s been quite the ordeal tracking some of these people down, and a hell of an ordeal putting everyone together in a way that made sense and would put on the show that long time XWF fans deserve. We’ve already given you seven matches. Let’s do better.”

Raven took a moment to refer to his notes, press waiting on bated breath before Raven begins to rattle off names in a trip down nostalgia lane.

“Chasm will be taking on Legion, and Grimoire Xmyles will be taking on fan favorite Dr. Emo. All four of these men were roster staples and champions at different times. Best of luck to all individuals. Also, XWF Legend Raziel returns to the XWF ring against Mike Raboin. These two men were fighting each other for World titles as early as 2005, kids. I’m putting them back in the ring together, but we’re not going to limit them there… Falls count anywhere in the arena for that one.”

There’s a definite buzz amongst the group at the mention of Mike Raboin and Raziel, two names that haven’t been seen on an XWF match card in more than half a decade. Raven is just getting started, as he continues.

“The Afterthought will be in action, I’m sure that’s no surprise to some of you. Fuzz has been tearing it up since coming back to the XWF roster, but he’ll be facing an old foe in Ace Vincent on September 1st. The Broad Street Bully is a former World champion, and is sure to bring everything Fuzz can handle at ‘XX’ if not a little more. While we’re on the subject of people currently on the roster; Centurion. Let’s be honest the guy is a fossil. He’s done everything there is to do in this company other than win the important title. He’s teamed with more people than Dennis Rodman has slept with, and when we went digging for someone to pair him with he stopped us with a name better than anyone we’d have come up with… Maverick. Centurion and Maverick will be working together for the first time in fifteen years, reuniting the original Wild Cards for one night only. We needed a duo just as iconic to pair them up with though, so we called on one of the most famous stables of all time to field us a couple of members… K Money and Juggalo are representing the Bloodhounds, in this tornado tag team match up!”

The press corp is practically reeling after the stream of legendary names. Fuzz, Ace Vincent, The Wildcards and The Bloodhounds? Raven grinned at the crowd before glancing back down at his notes and continuing.

“There’s not enough controversy on this card, I’ll be the one to tell you all The Truth. We need someone willing to come in here and sling some shit, so I went knocking on a few doors and spoke to a few men that I knew wouldn’t be on anyones Christmas card list anytime soon. Aidan Collins is coming back to the XWF for this show, and the man he’s facing? Dante Anglais…”

There’s a shared gasp from the gathered media members. Dante Anglais was banned by Jon Brown, banned by Shane … but the fact is he’s an incredible talent, and one of the most dominant in the later years of XWF Classic. The media immediately begins to chatter about the potentially legendary match up.

“I know, I know. That’s a damn good one. We’re not finished yet. I’ve hit you with a bunch of matches, but it’s been a few days since we had any Hall of Legends news hasn’t it? Well, it’s disappointed me for a long time that the only woman in the Hall has been Kitten for all of these years. I’ve never thought it was representative of the talent we had on this roster, and so I’d like to introduce the next THREE members of the Hall of Legends.”

[Image: xwf-star.jpg]

[Image: xwf-tomokohanahara.jpg]

[Image: xwf-heatherhalliwell.jpg]

Raven pauses and politely allows the gathered press corps to applaud the three deserving inductees, but he quickly follows up:

“Not only will these three legendary women be inducted on September 1st, but they’ll meet in a triple threat match up for what’s likely the final time of their careers!”

The gathering seemed to calm from that point, several journalists beginning to scatter and go over their notes from the conference as others try to be the first to tweet out the new matches and complete the “final card” for their subscribers. As what appears to be an afterthought, Raven quickly regains everyones focus.

“Oh, and Steve Jason vs The Brand. Who’s the greatest of all time? Let’s find out.”

There’s a stunned silence, the gathered media wondering if they’ve heard correctly. Raven grins at them, assuring them that they have. We fade out.

The People’s G.O.A.T.
120-24-3

3x Universal Champion, 3x World Champion, 9x Xtreme Champion, 1x Hart Champion, 2x Phoenix Champion, 1x Women’s Champion (lol), 1x Federweight Champion, 1x Heavymetalweight Champion, 5x Tag Team Champion
(w/ Aidan Collins, Roxy Nova, Mia Sanchez, Big Shank, Drew Archyle/Robert Main)

XWF Hall of Legends
#4 on XWFs “Top 50” List
2009 Rookie of the Year
2009 Face of the Year
2010 Heel of the Year
8x Star of the Month
2x Star of the Year (2009/‘10)
2x Feud of the Year (2010/‘11 w/ Big Shank)
2017 High Stakes Winner
Former Owner
Lots of other random shit
Edit Hate Post Like Post
[-] The following 2 users Like James Raven's post:
Peter Fn Gilmour (08-18-2019), Steve Jason (08-17-2019)